Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,909 members, 7,835,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700803 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:38am On Apr 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Premier League 2015/2016 Crystal Palace
EXCLUSIVE: Dominic Iorfa can go for 15 million pounds
[/size]

Dominic Iorfa Jnr - Wanted by top EPL clubs
by Sammy Audu

AfricanFootball.com can exclusively reveal that Nigerian youngster Dominic Iorfa has a release clause of 15 million pounds amid speculations that several top English Premier League clubs want to snap him up from Championship side Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Southampton, West Ham United and Crystal Palace are among the EPL clubs linked with young defender Iorfa, who has established him at Wolves this season and he is a regular with the England U21s.

“The release clause for Iorfa is put at around 15 million pounds,” a source informed AfricanFootball.com

“Wolves are not ready to sell, but if the offer is good, they will not have any option but to do so.”

Wolves manager Kenny Jackett has already declared his club are determined to hang on to highly-rated defender as speculations mount surrounding his future at Molineux.

Jackett said no club have not made a bid for the Nigerian youngster.

“I wouldn’t want to see him go,’’ said Jackett.

"I think we need players in to improve us, rather than letting players go.

“I’m sure everybody at Wolves feels the same way as I do.
“We haven’t had any bids and, like everyone at Wolves, we want to improve the team and build the team around Dominic, rather than replacing him.

“Whenever you have players doing well, there’s always that type of speculation.”

Iorfa is tied to Wolves until the summer of 2019, having put pen to paper on a new deal last November.
africanfootball.com/news/626600/EXCLUSIVE-Dominic-Iorfa-can-go-for-15-million-pounds
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by binhozie(m): 8:05am On Apr 29, 2016
dijon:
Musa is good with the ball and movement if played as a central striker not the wing he has regularly been deployed too by our archaic past national team coaches......i no mention names ooooo[ who have failed to evolve themselves as our players have been evolved tactically and technically by the european coaches. NO Black Nigerian coach is good for the super eagles job.quote author=binhozie post=45134733]But this Musa for Olympics is not right at all, is Victor moses not a better option?

U are right Musa should be deployed as a striker that's his best position after all the only useful thing he does is run and score not necessarily assist, then there is ighalo again on the list that means Musa would likely be played on the wings or as a second striker, I think moses is better on the wings , as second striker then what happens to iheanacho, Iwobi, I success, I am sure V. Moses will improve that team can't say d same for Musa as a winger, Siasia should tone down his Seniority and favoritism methods of selecting players what is Ambrose doing there?
Anyway He is a successful coach so I guess most of his decisions work for him.
But when I remember Reuben In the world Cup
And I.promise in the Olympics starting line up. These decisions always come back to hunt you.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 2:47pm On Apr 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
MALARIA KNOCKS GODWIN OBAJE OUT OF WIKKI TOURIST CLASH AGAINST GIWA FC
[/size]

Wikki Tourist top marksman Godwin Obaje will miss this weekend game against Giwa FC, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Obaje is suffering from a bout of malaria and the 19 year old who has six goals to his name this season told Owngoalnigeria.com that he didn’t make the trip to Ilorin.

” I am not going to play in this weekend game, am yet to recover from a bout of Malaria but hopefully I will be back soon” He told Owngoalnigeria.com

The younger brother to former Black Leopards of South Africa forward, Joshua Obaje also debunked rumours that he will leave for Europe in May for trials.

“I read same report but I can confirm to you there’s no iota of truth in it, am happy at Wikki Tourist and only a concrete offer can tempt me away as it is the dream of every footballer base in Nigeria to move abroad”.

Ahmed Ishaya.
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/04/29/malaria-knocks-godwin-obaje-out-of-wikki-tourist-clash-against-giwa-fc/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 3:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Rangers' Ezeaku impressed with Nigeria team
[/size]

The NPFL league leaders warmed up for Sunday's encounter with Rivers United with a friendly against the Nigerian national U23 side

Enugu Rangers Team Manager Barr. Amobi Ezeaku has expressed confidence that the Nigeria U23 will do the country proud at the Olympics.

The Flying Antelopes were forced to a 1-1 draw by the Dream Team VI on Thursday at the Abuja National Stadium to stay fit after Giwa FC failed to show up for a refixed NPFL game

"There's no injury worry in the camp of Enugu Rangers to the glory of God. Obinna Nwobodo is recovering from the boot stamp against the Nasarawa United Goalkeeper. Apart from him, we all are in good shape," Barr. Ezeaku told Goal.

"The friendly game gave us an opportunity to keep fit and train. It was a great game really.

"I was impressed with the National Under 23 side. They played for each other and understand each other. You know that the technical crew are still watching the boys to make sure they pick the best in the end. They would do us proud in the Olympics."
http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4111/npfl/2016/04/29/22924032/rangers-ezeaku-impressed-with-nigeria-team?ICID=HP_BN_3
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:17pm On Apr 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Exclusive : Dele Alampasu Included In Nigeria U23s Provisional Roster
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com has been informed that CD Feirense netminder Dele Alampasu has made Nigeria U23s provisional roster for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.

And the former Nigeria U17 international will have to work hard during preparations to earn a spot in the final 18-man list for the competition in Brazil, with most teams likely to include only two goalkeepers in the squad list.

Alampasu dazzled the world with his performance at the 2013 Fifa Under 17 World Cup and received the Golden Gloves accolade at the end of tourney and was part of the Flying Eagles squad at the Fifa U20s in New Zealand two years later.

The provisional squad also includes his former teammates in the Golden Eaglets Kelechi Iheanacho, Aliyu Abubakar, Godwin Saviour and Taiwo Awoniyi.

The 19-year-old Alampasu has posted two shutouts in his first two competitive games for CD Feirense.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18848
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by daveP(m): 12:14am On Apr 30, 2016
Ahhh, finally cheesy Like this news on Alampasu. The Ajiboye mistake mustn't repeat itself. I know he can do this.

But sincerely, Siasia is one who always, always sets sight on the future of the National team. That alone drives his decision-making. God Bless Sia1.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:27pm On Apr 30, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Onyedinma calls out fans for Millwall playoff push
[/size]

Onyedinma

Nigeria-born youngster Fred Onyedinma has called on Millwall fans to come out in force this weekend to support the team to beat Oldham in their bid for a League One playoff spot.

‘The Lions’ need just a point from their game against Oldham Athletic at The Den on Saturday to secure their top-six place.

A Millwall win combined with a Burton loss at home to Gillingham at the weekend, meanwhile, would ensure the scramble for automatic promotion would go to the last day.

Millwall’s travelling support has swelled as the promotion race has heated up, and Onyedinma hopes the contribution of the fans will be the boost they need to get a positive result in their last home game of the regular league season.

“Towards the end of the season, because we’ve been doing quite well, they’ve really been supporting us,” Onyedinma said. “In away games you can really hear them, and it’s extra motivation for us.

“It feels like the season has gone really quickly and in the position we’re in we’ll need them to support us.”

Onyedinma, 19, made his first start since the 1-0 defeat to Bradford on March 26 as Millwall claimed three points with a 3-1 win at Bury last weekend.

Millwall have lost just three of their last 20 league games, and Onyedinma believes the form that has driven their promotion bid is down to the humility of those involved.

Onyedinma said: “With everyone – the staff, the players and people at the club – everyone’s in it together. There are no egos, we’re all just trying to do our part for the team and get this club back to the Championship.”
http://africanfootball.com/news/626608/Onyedinma-calls-out-fans-for-Millwall-playoff-push
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:30pm On Apr 30, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Ex-Chelsea Defender Ayo Obileye Returns To England After Training With Nigeria U23s
[/size]

Charlton Athletic stopper Ayo Obileye returned to the capital of the United Kingdom on Saturday morning following his trip to Abuja to train with the Nigeria U23s setup.

Dream Team VI coach Samson Siasia assessed the ex-Sheffield Wednesday Development Squad skipper for five days in Abuja.

“I returned to London this morning, the trial was good, they said they like me. I will like to train with the team again but we will see what happens,” said Obileye to allnigeriasoccer.com.

Siasia is an admirer of English-based youngsters and ran the rule over Birmingham City winger Viv Solomon-Otabor last summer and has included Alex Iwobi (Arsenal) and Kelechi Iheanacho (Man City) in his provisional roster for the Olympic Games, while Spurs starlet Nathan Oduwa was handed his debut last month.

Obileye was in action for Charlton Athletic U21s in an Under 21 Professional Development League 2 fixture versus Watford before he traveled to Nigeria.

A product of the academy team of Chelsea, the 21-year-old has played first team football for Dagenham & Redbridge.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18854
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:36pm On Apr 30, 2016
Post by blackalbino6 on the Golden Eaglests thread.
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria to try to convince Sheyi Ojo, others to play for Eagles
Biyi Akangbe
[/size]

A top official of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has hinted that the Football House has set its sight on getting the trio of Dominic Solanke (Chelsea), Sheyi Ojo (Liverpool) and Ademola Lookman (Charlton Athletic) play for the Super Eagles.

The three players are all 18 years old and all but Lookman have represented England at under age levels and a source in the NFF told Nation Sport that some persons in the Glasshouse depending on the availability of funds will soon be embarking on tour of some England and Holland to woo eligible Nigerians to represent their place of origin.

The source specifically disclosed that after the success story of Alex Iwobi who now plays for the Eagles after the intervention of the NFF, the mentioned trio alongside Chuba Akpom(Arsenal) and a 12-year-old Lateef Omidiji Jr (FC Dordrecht U-14) who is said could spark a bidding war between Nigeria and the USA are all closely being monitored.

Nation Sport gathered that the NFF scouts will strive to make these players commit their allegiance to Nigeria and not follow the trend some of their compatriots took in the past only to be used and dumped by their preferred foreign countries.

Ojo is now an established Liverpool winger and Solanke is also being closely monitored by Chelsea in Vitesse Arnhem (Holland) where is presently on loan after he emerged as Chelsea Youth Player of the Year in 2015 while Lookman is also trying his best as a striker with Charlton Athletic and he is rumoured to be on the radar of Arsenal FC.
http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/04/nigeria-to-try-to-convince-sheyi-ojo.html

cc:Icon4s, TheSuperNerd, tbaba1234, forgiveness, TheGoodJoe, Joseph1013, e.t.c. Our prayers have been answered.
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:16pm On Apr 30, 2016
terzurum5:
Post by blackalbino6 on the Golden Eaglests thread.
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria to try to convince Sheyi Ojo, others to play for Eagles
Biyi Akangbe
[/size]

A top official of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has hinted that the Football House has set its sight on getting the trio of Dominic Solanke (Chelsea), Sheyi Ojo (Liverpool) and Ademola Lookman (Charlton Athletic) play for the Super Eagles.

The three players are all 18 years old and all but Lookman have represented England at under age levels and a source in the NFF told Nation Sport that some persons in the Glasshouse depending on the availability of funds will soon be embarking on tour of some England and Holland to woo eligible Nigerians to represent their place of origin.

The source specifically disclosed that after the success story of Alex Iwobi who now plays for the Eagles after the intervention of the NFF, the mentioned trio alongside Chuba Akpom(Arsenal) and a 12-year-old Lateef Omidiji Jr (FC Dordrecht U-14) who is said could spark a bidding war between Nigeria and the USA are all closely being monitored.

Nation Sport gathered that the NFF scouts will strive to make these players commit their allegiance to Nigeria and not follow the trend some of their compatriots took in the past only to be used and dumped by their preferred foreign countries.

Ojo is now an established Liverpool winger and Solanke is also being closely monitored by Chelsea in Vitesse Arnhem (Holland) where is presently on loan after he emerged as Chelsea Youth Player of the Year in 2015 while Lookman is also trying his best as a striker with Charlton Athletic and he is rumoured to be on the radar of Arsenal FC.
http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/04/nigeria-to-try-to-convince-sheyi-ojo.html

cc:Icon4s, TheSuperNerd, tbaba1234, forgiveness, TheGoodJoe, Joseph1013, e.t.c. Our prayers have been answered.
[/b]

Good moves, long over due. Ojo and Solanke would b great value added to our national team. I dnt know much abt Lookman.

The NFF should also invite Kennedy Otigba.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by daveP(m): 11:37pm On Apr 30, 2016
Icon4s:

Good moves, long over due. Ojo and Solanke would b great value added to our national team. I dnt know much abt Lookman.

The NFF should also invite Kennedy Otigba.
The NFF have their final test on how to manage foreign talents. let's see how well they can do. but this talents here and there points to us getting a foreign coach, not now though. maybe later.

And I feel it spells doom for our NPFL too.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:29pm On May 01, 2016
Iheanacho on target with an header but city still down 2-1

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:29pm On May 01, 2016
And Kelechi Iheanacho scores for City again!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:31pm On May 01, 2016
Iheanacho 16 shots on target, 12 goals in all competitions.

Barely 12 month's ago same player struggled to get 85mins@U20 world cup.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:06pm On May 01, 2016
This boy can play! Kelechi scores a brace.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:35pm On May 01, 2016
Someone once said Kelechi can't Score with his head. Hahahaha hahahahahaha..... Kelechi "the alien kid" is a very dangerous young player grin

BascoVanVeli:
Iheanacho on target with an header but city still down 2-1

4 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:39pm On May 01, 2016
tbaba1234:
When will we give Otigba a chance though? Dude has changed nationality for a long time.

My one problem with the list is the invitation of Musa Muhammad. Whilst it shows that we recognize the problem at right back, we have better options, i feel.

Musa Muhammad has been in Turkey for a year and has not made one single appearance in the league, not even from the bench. What makes him qualified for the senior team?
Siasia do something now

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:46pm On May 01, 2016
And Kelechi keeps showing why he is fast becoming the complete forward package.

He should be back on top now as Europe's most clinical striker based on Goals/Mins ratio. He dropped to third after The game against Real Madrid.

This "Alien Kid" is dangerous..... very very dangerous.

Need not say more..... grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:56pm On May 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
VALENCIA STILL KEEN ON ISAAC SUCCESS
[/size]

Spanish La-Liga side Valencia are back in for Granada’s 20 year old Nigeria forward, Isacc Success according to various sources in Spain.

Success only last night picked up the Vicente de Luna Morales trophy as Granada’s player of the season, an award usually voted for by fans of the team.

Out injured at the moment, Valencia failed with a bid to sign him in January but despite continual links and speculations that he will join Watford in the summer on loan from Granada, Valencia offer appears to be too tempting to ignore.

The La-Liga outfit are reportedly set to slap in a bid in the region of 20 million Euros for the man who has six goals from 30 games this season.

Valencia are willing to pay that much for the 20 year old as they see him as a perfect foil to their 22 year old striker Paco Alcacer Garcia.

He has represented Nigeria at U-17 and 20 level and the high point still remains finishing as top scorer at the Africa U-17 Championship in 2013.

Owngoalnigeria.com can also exclusively report that he would have made the latest list for the Super Eagles ahead of their friendly games against Mali and Lixembourg but missed out due to the injury he is nursing.
Daniel Martins
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/05/01/valencia-still-keen-on-isaac-success/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:08pm On May 01, 2016
joseph1013:
This boy can play! Kelechi scores a brace.

The game was more like Mane vs Iheanacho. grin

Iheanacho is really working very hard so as to remain in Etihad when Pep finally resumes.Impressive showing today.

Would really love to see Iwobi playing behind Iheanacho at the Olympics. Iwobi is excellent ball passer while Iheanacho is an excellent finisher.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:12pm On May 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
NWANKWO SCORES 18TH GOAL OF THE SEASON IN PORTUGAL
[/size]

Gil Vicente rescued a point against Desportio Aves thanks to two goals from the Nigerians on their books,namely Fatai Sodiq and Simmy Nwankwo who now has 18 goals to his name this season.

Nwankwo, the famous of the two Nigerians on the club’s book got on the score sheet late in the game after his Nigerian teammate Fatai Sodiq gave Gil Vicente the lead. His second goal from 12 games this season.

Sodiq gave Gil Vicente the lead in the 51st minute which they later lost nine minutes later but just when Nwankwo thought he has scored the winner for Gil Vicente with six minutes left to play, Desportivo Aves broke their hearts with a late goal in the 7th minute of time added on.

Despite the disappointment of dropping two points from a winning position, Simmy Nwankwo will be partly happy as his 84th minute strike took his goals this season to 18, one more than his closest challenger for the top scorer award, Higor Platiny of CD Feirense.

Already the 23 year old has doubled his last season goals tally of 9 in the top flight league which couldn’t save them from relegation although he needed 10 games more in the second division where he started his career in Portugal in 2011.

His fine form has lead to talks about Gil Vicente cashing in on him in the summer as he has just 12 months left on his contract with Gil Vicente and with his current market value put at 1.5 million Euros by transfer market portal, transfermarkt.com he will be a bargain buy for any team willing to pay for his services.
Daniel Martins
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/05/01/nwankwo-scores-18th-goal-of-the-season-in-portugal/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:16pm On May 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Someone once said Kelechi can't Score with his head. Hahahaha hahahahahaha..... Kelechi "the alien kid" is a very dangerous young player grin

Pep is going to have fun with this kid, he is so technical when it comes to striking the football. His second goal looked as easy as a tap in and he shot it from outside the box, smh who created this guy? Well u said it best he is "the alien kid!"

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:21pm On May 01, 2016
[size=14pt]
Alex Iwobi Admits Norwich City Made Arsenal Sweat For Victory
[/size]

Alex Iwobi has admitted that Arsenal’s victory against Norwich City on match day 36 of the English Premier League did not come cheap.

Indeed, the Gunners had to wait until the 59th minute before substitute Danny Welbeck, who replaced the Nigeria international, scored the lone goal of the game off a knockdown by Olivier Giroud .

“Hard Battle , Good 3 Points,” the Arsenal number 45, who was in action at the Emirates for 56 minutes, tweeted.

Iwobi, 19, made his seventh consecutive start in the Premier League against the Canaries.

Following the win, Arsenal occupy third position in the standings with 67 points ahead of Manchester City who have a game in hand.
Igho Kingsley
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18861

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Caspian22(m): 7:25pm On May 01, 2016
Iwobi and Iheanacho has shown us that Nigeria has very good players. I can't wait for the Olympics. I just hope that SiaSia picks the right players and uses them perfect so we can win the trophy.

Because I strongly believe that he has the right legs to get the result.

If he uses this Starting XI I doubt he will have any problems in the Olympics.

Daniel Emmanuel

Mohammed; Effiong; Balogun; Oduduwa

Okechukwu; Sadiq Coppola

Imoh ; Iwobi ; Etabo

Iheanacho.

I just hope he doesn't use sentiments and favoritism to decide his line up, we want the best on the pitch. If they are not doing well, then replace them with someone much more better.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:22pm On May 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Oghenekaro Etebo Looking At The Bigger Picture After Netting First Goal For CD Feirense
[/size]

Dream Team VI star Oghenekaro Etebo was excited after getting off the mark for CD Feirense in their 5-0 hammering of Academico Viseu in the Portuguese Segunda Liga on Saturday evening.

The ex-Warri Wolves midfielder has refused to set himself personal goals because he is looking at the bigger picture which is promotion to the Primeira Liga at the end of the 2015-2016 season.

“I thank God for my first goal and I am dedicating it to my family and my loved ones for their support like the Ogbemudia family,” said Etebo to
allnigeriasoccer.com.

“The league here is different from the NPFL because you have to be tactically sound here.

“I am looking forward for CD Feirense to be promoted to the Primeira Liga.”

After 44 rounds in the Portuguese second-tier, CD Feirense occupy the fourth position with 74 points in the kitty.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18862
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:46pm On May 01, 2016
#smiles Iwobi, Success, Umar, Iheanacho and more.... hahahahahaha.... Can't wait for their coming together in the near future.

**stats correct as at today (May 1st, 2016).

BascoVanVeli:

Pep is going to have fun with this kid, he is so technical when it comes to striking the football. His second goal looked as easy as a tap in and he shot it from outside the box, smh who created this guy? Well u said it best he is "the alien kid!"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:58pm On May 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Lillestrom Hitman Fred Friday Extends Scoring Streak In Norway To Six Games
[/size]

Fred Friday remains the top goalscorer in the Norwegian Tippeligaen after extending his scoring streak to six games as Lillstrom beat Valerenga 2-0 on Saturday afternoon.

On eighth minutes, the Nigerian forward gave the Canaries the lead when he fired home from close range after Simen Kind Mikalsen’s header towards the back post.

Friday’s strike against Valerenga took his tally to seven goals in the league but he is not just scoring as he is playing some of his best football since he arrived in Scandinavia in 2013.

To bring the statistics to life, the 20-year-old has netted exactly fifty percent of the goals accumulated by Lillestrom in the last seven matches.

With only eight games played in the top-flight, Fred Friday needs to score five more goals to surpass his best-ever goal tally in a season.

Top Nigerian scout Udia Attai and Norwegian-based intermediary Atta Aneke were among the 9,085 spectators at the åråsen Stadion (Kjeller).
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18863
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:12pm On May 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
MUSA YAHAYA PUTS PROMOTION WITH PORTIMONENSE AHEAD OF TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR
[/size]

On loan Tottenham Hotspur forward, Musa Yahaya says he is fully focused on gaining promotion to the top flight with his loan side Portimonense in Portugal and he isn’t thinking about returning to the White Hart Lane outfit at the moment.

The Nigeria youth international according to his agent, Babawo Mohammed Tottenham Hotspur are monitoring his progress in Portugal and he could force his way into their pre season plans if he maintains or improve his present form for Portimonense.

“My goal is to help Portimonense gain promotion to the top flight in Portugal and Insha Allah we will be promoted, that is my aim, my mind is not on Tottenham Hotspur at least for now” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

“I have grown at Portimonense and I wat to reward the team especially the technical crew with at least a place in the top flight league then we can talk about my future for now am fully focused on Portimonense”.

Yahaya joined Portimonense in January and after a slow start to his career in portugal has bursted to life with eye catching performances in the 10 games he has played with a a goal to his name.

Portimonense need at least four points from their remaining three games to be guarantee promotion to the top flight in Portugal.
Daniel Martins.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/05/01/musa-yahaya-puts-promotion-with-portimonense-ahead-of-tottenham-hotspur/
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:13pm On May 01, 2016
There's also a certain Simmy Nwankwo of Gil Vicente in Portugal Liga 2 with 18 goals so far and is the division's top scorer. He's about 22-23 yrs old I think.

He's lanky and got his 18th goal this weekend.

Ademola Lookman struck yesterday for Charlton Athletic in their 2-1 away win at Leeds utd in the English npower Championship.

He recently won the PFA rookie of the year award in the English Championship. He's 18. Been on his trail for over 6months now and have watched him a few times.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:18pm On May 01, 2016
[size=14pt]
Ademola Lookman On Target As Leeds United Are Stunned By Charlton Athletic
[/size]

Ademola Lookman played a major role in helping Charlton Athletic record a 2-1 victory on the road against Leeds United in the Championship on Saturday afternoon in the penultimate round of matches in the division.

Goals from Guðmunds­son and Lookman put the Addicks 2-0 up before Bamba halved the deficit for the hosts in the 71st minute.

On 49 minutes, the Nigerian striker picked up the ball, cut across the edge of the box and fired into the bottom left-hand corner.

Ademola Lookman scored in previous games against Bolton Wanderers, Rotherham United and Brighton.

The teenager won the Championship’s LFE Apprentice of the Year 2016 at the Football League Awards two weeks ago.
Igho Kingsley
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=18860

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:21pm On May 01, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
VALENCIA STILL KEEN ON ISAAC SUCCESS
[/size]

Spanish La-Liga side Valencia are back in for Granada’s 20 year old Nigeria forward, Isacc Success according to various sources in Spain.

Success only last night picked up the Vicente de Luna Morales trophy as Granada’s player of the season, an award usually voted for by fans of the team.

Out injured at the moment, Valencia failed with a bid to sign him in January but despite continual links and speculations that he will join Watford in the summer on loan from Granada, Valencia offer appears to be too tempting to ignore.

The La-Liga outfit are reportedly set to slap in a bid in the region of 20 million Euros for the man who has six goals from 30 games this season.

Valencia are willing to pay that much for the 20 year old as they see him as a perfect foil to their 22 year old striker Paco Alcacer Garcia.

He has represented Nigeria at U-17 and 20 level and the high point still remains finishing as top scorer at the Africa U-17 Championship in 2013.

Owngoalnigeria.com can also exclusively report that he would have made the latest list for the Super Eagles ahead of their friendly games against Mali and Lixembourg but missed out due to the injury he is nursing.
Daniel Martins
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/05/01/valencia-still-keen-on-isaac-success/
[/b]

Rumors say Pellegrini is on his way to Valencia. If Pellegrini is going there, the I hope Success goes there andwork with the man who turned Forlan from a Man United flop to the best attacker in Europe. Wish our young lads the best.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:26pm On May 01, 2016
A Man City fan pointed out that some players celebrate members of their family by pointing in the air and offering little prayers in remembrance of them.

Nacho lost his mum before the money and the fame. He celebrates his goals with so much passion in remembrance of his mother and I think his team mates understand that.

That last goal to the team was not one that needed much celebration but Nacho who has the deep loss of his mum in his heart celebrates her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.