Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (700235 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:46am On Jul 12, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Can Manu Garba the U17 Coach List his current team of 22 players
?

Imagine that kin question. He is jst using it as a divertionary measure

Oya Ogbeni forgiveness, can u name d 22 players?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:50am On Jul 12, 2016
Napoleon55:

What sir forgives says baffles me also,let me not say everybody,imagine where he quoted himself said something like this "kelechi nwakali to me is not..." and then turned around and asked me where did he said that kelechi nwakali is not

I remember the "Kelechi Nwakali to me is not.." line vividly well. grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:51am On Jul 12, 2016
Napoleon55:

What sir forgives says baffles me also,let me not say everybody,imagine where he quoted himself said something like this "kelechi nwakali to me is not..." and then turned around and asked me where did he said that kelechi nwakali is not

This whole argument started with Nwakali vs Awoniyi, then Awoniyi vs Yahaya.
Before u know it became Taye Taiwo vs Babayaro, Awoniyi vs Success, Ibrahim Alhassan vs Iheanacho. At a pt he did nt even know what he was argueing abt grin

5 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 9:04am On Jul 12, 2016
Icon4s:

Before u know it became Taye Taiwo vs Babayaro, Awoniyi vs Success, Ibrahim Alhassan vs Iheanacho. At a pt he did nt even know what he was argueing abt grin

Laughing... grin

Reading through their arguments, kept me wondering why will you have to drag other unrelated issues in to ur argument to prove a point.

Sir. Forgiveness can be funny sometimes. well, he is just trying to be factFULL

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:11am On Jul 12, 2016
AIG07:

Laughing... grin

Reading through their arguments, kept me wondering why will you have to drag other unrelated issues in to ur argument to prove a point.

Sir. Forgiveness can be funny sometimes. well, he is just trying to be factFULL

That divertionary measure is what he uses when he is losing an argument.

Which Factfull? Facts that he reasons along ethnic lines.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:14am On Jul 12, 2016
Napoleon55:

So far, I have not said anything without backing it up with facts.

It could be Kelechi Nwakali is not in the top 5 potential world class Nigeria U17 set.

It could be anything just to keep you curious.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:17am On Jul 12, 2016
Icon4s:

And ur point exactly is......?

You should have known better.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:18am On Jul 12, 2016
Napoleon55:

Icon4s:

LOL. Forgiveness na serious case. grin

But I respect him because he no dey send. No one can intimidate him no matter how many. One-man army! One-man MOPOL! grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:22am On Jul 12, 2016
Icon4s:

Imagine that kin question. He is jst using it as a divertionary measure

Oya Ogbeni forgiveness, can u name d 22 players?

I need facts and not false statement.

You and sir goodjoe agreed we have a constituted U17 team, so you and him have to give us the list.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 9:32am On Jul 12, 2016
"We are going ahead with or without the foreign pros, no player can hold us hostage" Siasia

Does he have a choice? If he chose the best of the home-based, he won't be depending so much on foreign stars.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:34am On Jul 12, 2016
Icon4s:

grin I always know what I am arguing. It is just that I am trying to be technical in my approach.

The argument started with Awoniyi vs Yahaya and not Nwakali vs Awoniyi. It was after that we argued Awoniyi vs Nwakali.

Sir TheGoodJoe initiated Taiwo vs Babayaro. Taiwo win am.

There was nothing like Awoniyi vs Success.

Ibrahim Alhassan vs kelechi Iheanacho came up because you said 'who for know Awoniyi if Isaac Success no get injury' then I replied who for know Kelechi Iheanacho if Ibrahim Alhassan was not dropped. Hehehe! grin

You see say I know wetin I yan wella.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 9:45am On Jul 12, 2016
Who be all this one's a beg this na u23 team make unable nor dry argue about players when nobody know or when nor dry participate for the tournament self which one is muazam if he's not amongst the 35 or in camp he should go and kick stew ... who he help !! A beg let's discuss about dream team ...

I swear I hope they don't embarrass their selves in discussing tournament ... I thank God Ezekiel is in camp painful we can't get Simon Moses and ndidi .. sia sia for close eye carry oshimhen or chikatara where is etebo he die abi he faint we need Musa Muhammed and Sadiq if aminu Umar can join the team too he for good !!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:46am On Jul 12, 2016
Icon4s:

That divertionary measure is what he uses when he is losing an argument.

Which Factfull? Facts that he reasons along ethnic lines.

I no divert anything I face them as they come. Na you dey always use diversionary measure e.g Ibrahim Alhassan came to the U17 camp and benched Kelechi Iheanacho. grin

Did you see ethnicity in my argument? Then, remove the ethic googles from ya eyes then you can properly decern btw facts and ethnic colouration.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:48am On Jul 12, 2016
joseph1013:

LOL. Forgiveness na serious case. grin

But I respect him because he no dey send. No one can intimidate him no matter how many. One-man army! One-man MOPOL! grin

grin Na for only Nairaland ooooo. Outside, I gentle die. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:55am On Jul 12, 2016
Let me move on to.....

Siasia is on his own now. If he fails, em own don finish for Nigeria national team be that.

Is Aminu Umar on his list? The guy is very good.

I noticed that most of the players on Siasia's list played in the qualifiers or CAF U23 matches.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:00am On Jul 12, 2016
forgiveness:

grin I always know what I am arguing. It is just that I am trying to be technical in my approach.

The argument started with Awoniyi vs Yahaya and not Nwakali vs Awoniyi. It was after that we argued Awoniyi vs Nwakali.

Sir TheGoodJoe initiated Taiwo vs Babayaro. Taiwo win am.

There was nothing like Awoniyi vs Success.

Ibrahim Alhassan vs kelechi Iheanacho came up because you said 'who for know Awoniyi if Isaac Success no get injury' then I replied who for know Kelechi Iheanacho if Ibrahim Alhassan was not dropped. Hehehe! grin

You see say I know wetin I yan wella.

You are fascinated with win or lose. Taiwo did not win anything. He did not reach the level of Babayaro. It is only in your world Taiwo is better than Babayaro.

Secondly, why lie that I initiated the Babayaro talk. That is ridiculous.

You said that Taiwo is the best left back Nigeria ever produced and you have the evidence to back it up. You repeated it again and then said I initiated it.

Just like most of your arguments, you have miss a lot of points. Imagine starting and argument and calling my name.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:03am On Jul 12, 2016
terzurum5:
AF Nigeria Premier League 2015/2016 Netherlands
Omeruo says goodbye to Chelsea, joins Besiktas this week.

by Samm Audu

Nigeria international Kenneth Omeruo will say his final goodbyes to Premier League club Chelsea this week to join Turkish champions Besiktas after the London club turned down last-ditch offer from a Spanish La Liga club, AfricanFootball.com can exclusively report.

Omeruo and his representatives are expected to jet out from London this week to finalise his personal terms with Besiktas after both clubs agreed the switch.

“Kenneth’s transfer to Besiktas is virtually completed with only the Turkish club to agree his personal terms and this will be sorted out this week when the player is there to do his medical,” a source informed AfricanFootball.com.

“There was a late bid for him by a Spanish club, Celta Vigo, but Chelsea didn’t consider it.”

Besiktas scouted the highly-rated Nigeria stopper after he posted five-stars displays against them last season while featuring for Kasimpasa.

Kasimpasa won the first game 1-0 at home, while the reverse fixture ended in a thrilling 3-3 draw.

Kasimpasa, who are based in Istanbul like Besiktas, could not afford the five million Euros Chelsea demanded to sell the Nigeria star outrightly.

AfricanFootball.com has already scooped that Besiktas will make this transfer a permanent one after the initial season-long loan.
africanfootball.com/news/633291/Omeruo-says-goodbye-to-Chelsea-joins-Besiktas-this-week

Una see why I said don't trust these clubs. They are not interested in players future, they are only interested in their pockets.

How can you shelve Celta Vigo for Besiktas? Well, Besiktas na big club in Turkey sha.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:06am On Jul 12, 2016
forgiveness:

I need facts and not false statement.

You and sir goodjoe agreed we have a constituted U17 team, so you and him have to give us the list.

I wonder where Icon4s and me use the term Constituted. That was straight from your FACTS vocabulary. Not me or Icon4s.

Please, I said, Manu Garba has SELECTED a TEAM of U17 players. These are his main picks from the screening process he is doing. He still has over fifty players in camp. These 22 players is not the final list. It will continue to change as time goes on.

I wonder how Icon4s name came into this matter.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:08am On Jul 12, 2016
forgiveness:

Una see why I said don't trust these clubs. They are not interested in players future, they are only interested in their pockets.

How can you shelve Celta Vigo for Besiktas? Well, Besiktas na big club in Turkey sha.

Celta Vigo came late and Chelsea already reached an agreement with Besiktas. If Celta Vigo came earlier, they would have gotten him. Chelsea could not go back on an agreement. It would be unprofessional.

Wish Omeruo the best. Besiktas is a big club.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:11am On Jul 12, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You are fascinated with win or lose. Taiwo did not win anything. He did not reach the level of Babayaro. It is only in your world Taiwo is better than Babayaro.

Secondly, why lie that I initiated the Babayaro talk. That is ridiculous.

You said that Taiwo is the best left back Nigeria ever produced and you have the evidence to back it up. You repeated it again and then said I initiated it.

Just like most of your arguments, you have miss a lot of points. Imagine starting and argument and calling my name.

Here we go again.
grin haba! You don forget? grin

Which level? grin go find from CAF then you will know. grin

Olympics Marsielle wasn't Chelsea mate at that time na. grin you know na. grin

Abeg, make we leave am like that na. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 10:14am On Jul 12, 2016
forgiveness:
Let me move on to.....

Siasia is on his own now. If he fails, em own don finish for Nigeria national team be that.

Is Aminu Umar on his list? The guy is very good.

I noticed that most of the players on Siasia's list played in the qualifiers or CAF U23 matches.

Nice one guys , you ve been keeping this thread going ! I wanted to point out that too , siasia team constitutes of the players that qualified Nigeria for the Olympic , I think so much sentiments is been added to player selection .fine! They qualified us for the Olympics and won d African tournament , but these guys are not the best legs we have now .... Like he does't like use and dump " but they re not the best , I hope he will not regret his actions?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:23am On Jul 12, 2016
forgiveness:

Here we go again.
grin haba! You don forget? grin

Which level? grin go find from CAF then you will know. grin

Olympics Marsielle wasn't Chelsea mate at that time na. grin you know na. grin

Abeg, make we leave am like that na. grin

At which time. Go back and use your Wikipedia. Check from 1994 till 2005 and tell me how many titles Marseille Won. Check how many titles Chelsea won and their exploits in Europe during Babayaro's reign, including beating Real Madrid. Then tell me that Marseille was bigger than Chelsea.

How were they bigger? Be reading Wiki and shouting. Do not say the one you watched. I bet you never watched them play.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:33am On Jul 12, 2016
lexyman:

Nice one guys , you ve been keeping this thread going ! I wanted to point out that too , siasia team constitutes of the players that qualified Nigeria for the Olympic , I think so much sentiments is been added to player selection .fine! They qualified us for the Olympics and won d African tournament , but these guys are not the best legs we have now .... Like he does't like use and dump " but they re not the best , I hope he will not regret his actions?

That is the sentiment Siasia holds for these boys and because most of the foreign based players didn't honour his invitations through out the qualifiers.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:50am On Jul 12, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

At which time. Go back and use your Wikipedia. Check from 1994 till 2005 and tell me how many titles Marseille Won. Check how many titles Chelsea won and their exploits in Europe during Babayaro's reign, including beating Real Madrid. Then tell me that Marseille was bigger than Chelsea.

How were they bigger? Be reading Wiki and shouting. Do not say the one you watched. I bet you never watched them play.

In 1993 the world saw Olympics Marsielle crowned the Champions of European club football ahead of Chelsea. grin you know Abedi Pele na. grin

2004, Olympics Marsielle got to the finals of UEFA cup final. The next year they bought Taye Taiwo. Waoooh!

In 2005, They won UEFA IntertotoCup. grin

Olympics Marseille flogged Liverpool(Champions of Europe) in 2007. He played that match. grin

From 1994 - 2010 Olympics Marseille won six trophies. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:47am On Jul 12, 2016
forgiveness:

In 1993 the world saw Olympics Marsielle crowned the Champions of European club football ahead of Chelsea. grin you know Abedi Pele na. grin

2004, Olympics Marsielle got to the finals of UEFA cup final. The next year they bought Taye Taiwo. Waoooh!

Olympics Marseille flogged Liverpool(Champions of Europe) in 2007. He played that match. grin

Why are you dribbling around a simple question? From 1994 to 2005,how many trophies did they win. Why are you jumping to 2010.

Yo said Marseille was not Chelsea's mate at that time. You are talking of Celestine's time.

Return to success (from Wikipedia)

Marseille returned to the top flight in 1996 with backing from Adidas's owner Robert Louis-Dreyfus. He chose Rolland Courbis as coach, signed Fabrizio Ravanelli, Laurent Blanc, and Andreas Köpke, and Marseille finished 11th for his return. For the 1998–99 season, the team celebrated their centenary and built a team of stars: Robert Pirès, Florian Maurice, and Christophe Dugarry, culminating in a second-place finish in the French championship, behind Bordeaux and an appearance in the UEFA Cup Final in 1999, losing to Parma. Courbis left the team in November 1999 after a poor start to the season.

The closest Marseille got to another trophy was when they reached the UEFA Cup Final in 2004,

You Can see clearly that in Celestine's time, from 1997, Marseille was not a bigger club.

It is only in your world you will take Marseille as a bigger club than Chelsea in that time.

During that period, Chelsea won more and we're competing well in a more competitive League.

Chelsea had big-name players during that time like Petrescu, Zola, Poyet, Vialli, Njitap later joined, George Weah played briefly, Ruud Gullit was player manager.

During the time you are talking about, Taiwo was not even in Marseille. So as earlier pointed out, it is also another diversion.

When Taiwo reigned, Marseille was not a big force in European football. In a bigger club, he would not reign.

So you can keep saying Taiwo is the winner. That exist in your world.

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:54am On Jul 12, 2016
forgiveness:

During Taiwo's time at Marseille, Marseille was not a big club. They were not one of the top teams to look forward to in the Champions league.

So Taiwo did not reign on the big stage. You can not change it. So you can keep Taiwo as your greatest Nigerian left back.

Those who follow football knows they can not even be compared. Babayaro = Legend.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:06pm On Jul 12, 2016
forgiveness:

I no divert anything I face them as they come. Na you dey always use diversionary measure e.g Ibrahim Alhassan came to the U17 camp and benched Kelechi Iheanacho. grin

Did you see ethnicity in my argument? Then, remove the ethic googles from ya eyes then you can properly decern btw facts and ethnic colouration.

My God!

You forgiveness brought Ibrahim Alhassan into this discussion.

Why all these false accusations?

If no one can openly tell u this I will. Remove ethnic sentiments from your discussions and u would b better of.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 12:25pm On Jul 12, 2016
Olympics team...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:56pm On Jul 12, 2016
Imoh Ezekiel is the only person in that picture that looks decent. Hopefully, Awoniyi can pick up form before the tournament.

So many players in Siasia's team are looking for clubs.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Why are you dribbling around a simple question? From 1994 to 2005,how many trophies did they win. Why are you jumping to 2010.

Yo said Marseille was not Chelsea's mate at that time. You are talking of Celestine's time.

Return to success (from Wikipedia)

Marseille returned to the top flight in 1996 with backing from Adidas's owner Robert Louis-Dreyfus. He chose Rolland Courbis as coach, signed Fabrizio Ravanelli, Laurent Blanc, and Andreas Köpke, and Marseille finished 11th for his return. For the 1998–99 season, the team celebrated their centenary and built a team of stars: Robert Pirès, Florian Maurice, and Christophe Dugarry, culminating in a second-place finish in the French championship, behind Bordeaux and an appearance in the UEFA Cup Final in 1999, losing to Parma. Courbis left the team in November 1999 after a poor start to the season.

The closest Marseille got to another trophy was when they reached the UEFA Cup Final in 2004,

You Can see clearly that in Celestine's time, from 1997, Marseille was not a bigger club.

It is only in your world you will take Marseille as a bigger club than Chelsea in that time.

During that period, Chelsea won more and we're competing well in a more competitive League.

Chelsea had big-name players during that time like Petrescu, Zola, Poyet, Vialli, Njitap later joined, George Weah played briefly, Ruud Gullit was player manager.

During the time you are talking about, Taiwo was not even in Marseille. So as earlier pointed out, it is also another diversion.

When Taiwo reigned, Marseille was not a big force in European football. In a bigger club, he would not reign.

So you can keep saying Taiwo is the winner. That exist in your world.

You said no big club came for Taye Taiwo but Celestine Babayaro played for Chelsea fc. But I am saying was already a bigger club than Chelsea as at 1994.

How many trophies did chelsea-football-club win btw 1972 - 1993 when Olympics Marseille already raked in 7 ligue 1 trophies, 3 Coupe de France and 1 UEFA Champions League? grin

The question now is, was Olympics Marseille a bigger club than Chelsea as at 1994 ?

Answer is YES Olympics Marseille was already a bigger club than Chelsea. Why? They were crowned the Champions of European leagues Football in 1993.. grin

Which time Chelsea star to dey win trophy for League self? grin

Olympics Marseille had started winning trophies as at 1923. Hehehe! I be Chelsea fan ooooo, since the era of Francho Zola and Vielle(the gorimapa man). grin

So, I know.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:30pm On Jul 12, 2016
forgiveness:

You said no big club came for Taye Taiwo but Celestine Babayaro played for Chelsea fc. But I am saying was already a bigger club than Chelsea as at 1994.

How many trophies did chelsea-football-club win btw 1972 - 1993 when Olympics Marseille already raked in 7 ligue 1 trophies, 3 Coupe de France and 1 UEFA Champions League? grin

The question now is, was Olympics Marseille a bigger club than Chelsea as at 1994 ?

Answer is YES Olympics Marseille was already a bigger club than Chelsea. Why? They were crowned the Champions of European leagues Football in 1993.. grin

Which time Chelsea star to dey win trophy for League self? grin

Olympics Marseille had started winning trophies as at 1923. Hehehe! I be Chelsea fan ooooo, since the era of Francho Zola and Vielle(the gorimapa man). grin

So, I know.

What are you taking 1923, 1994? Keep prolonging argument. Celestine joined Chelsea in 1997. During his stay, Chelsea performed. When Babayaro was in Chelsea, they were a big club.

You can keep burying your head in the sand but you know the truth.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:32pm On Jul 12, 2016
tbaba1234:
Imoh Ezekiel is the only person in that picture that looks decent. Hopefully, Awoniyi can pick up form before the tournament.

So many players in Siasia's team are looking for clubs.

This team looks like a joke when compared with the Atlanta 96 team. Mtcheew.

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.