Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,762 members, 7,865,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:14 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (705099 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:15am On Jul 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
ICC: Iheanacho feature as City beat Dortmund
[/size]
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4034873_ki_jpegcb676a7aaf816ec8c64397436384303f
Nigerian forward Kelechi Iheanacho played all first half as Manchester City recorded a 6-5 penalty-shootout victory over Borussia Dortmund after the two teams had played out a 1-1 draw in the International Champions Cup in Shenzhen on Thursday night.

Iheanacho was accorded another starter’s role by Coach Pep Guardiola but the Nigerian could not open his goal scoring account under the new manager and thus had to give way for African compatriot Wilfred Bony at the start of the second half.

The Ivorian rumored to be on his way out of City had the first shot on target in the second period just past the hour
Bony had another attempt and came close in the 67th minute after turning away from two Dortmund defenders and looking for the top corner, but the striker’s effort missed the crossbar as it remained goalless entering the final 20 minutes of action.

The best chance of the match fell to Dortmund 15 minutes from time when Gonzalo Castro broke through into a one-on-one with substitute Man City goalkeeper Gunn, but the youngster made a brilliant save.

Moments after, the breakthrough came for Man City when Aguero tapped home a low cross from Silva to send the English side 1-0 ahead in Shenzhen in the 79th minute.

With the game seemingly under wrap, Guardiola handed late appearances for summer buy Nolito and Raheem Sterling but the Germans pushed hard and were rewarded with an equalizer at the death when American teenager Pulisic squeezed the ball through the legs of Gunn in the sixth minute of additional time.

The game was forced into penalty shootout, which Man City won 6-5 to claim the bragging rights.
http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/07/icc-iheanacho-feature-as-city-beat.html
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 11:27am On Jul 29, 2016
Ovie Ejaria vs Chelsea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paKxuzruZxo

cc: tbaba1234, thegoodjoe

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:14pm On Jul 29, 2016
joseph1013:
Ovie Ejaria vs Chelsea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paKxuzruZxo

cc: tbaba1234, thegoodjoe

Ovie plays like a Seasoned Pro. I hope he gets a good run of games at Liverpool. I am impressed with his performance here
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by semid4lyfe(m): 3:46am On Jul 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Ovie plays like a Seasoned Pro. I hope he gets a good run of games at Liverpool. I am impressed with his performance here

Poor/wrong decision making, too many touches on the ball, showboating & unnecessary use of skills, short lateral passes and doesn't really drive forward with the ball etc etc

He's another Christian Obodo, I am not impressed! He's a typical Nigerian midfielder, the type we see at playing fields all over the country & seem to churn out in droves. I play with people like him every Saturday > >

The ONLY Nigerian midfielders (emerging) who play differently and have impressed me in a long while are Kelechi Nwakali & to some extent Alex Iwobi. Workaholic, skillful but purposeful use of skills, positive forward play, defense splitting penetrative passes, and also possess immense goal scoring ability

This guy has got nothing on Ifeanyi Nwobodo (Enugu Rangers) and Ifeanyi Ifeanyi (MFM FC).

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 30, 2016
semid4lyfe:

Poor/wrong decision making, too many touches on the ball, showboating & unnecessary use of skills, short lateral passes and doesn't really drive forward with the ball etc etc

He's another Christian Obodo, I am not impressed! He's a typical Nigerian midfielder, the type we see at playing fields all over the country & seem to churn out in droves. I play with people like him every Saturday > >

The ONLY Nigerian midfielders (emerging) who play differently and have impressed me in a long while are Kelechi Nwakali & to some extent Alex Iwobi. Workaholic, skilful but purposeful use of skills, positive forward play, defense splitting penetrative passes, and also possess immense goal scoring ability

This guy has got nothing on Ifeanyi Nwobodo (Enugu Rangers) and Ifeanyi Ifeanyi (MFM FC).

I think the name is Obinna Nwobodo.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by semid4lyfe(m): 6:39am On Jul 30, 2016
gbosaa:

I think the name is Obinna Nwobodo.

You right! Obinna Nwobodo is the name.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:53am On Jul 30, 2016
semid4lyfe:

The ONLY Nigerian midfielders (emerging) who play differently and have impressed me in a long while are Kelechi Nwakali & to some extent Alex Iwobi. Workaholic, skillful but purposeful use of skills, positive forward play, defense splitting penetrative passes, and also possess immense goal scoring ability

That boy hardly put a foot wrong. His marking, ball winning rate, his decision making was good.

I was impressed and his touches are good. He hardly made a mistake through out the game.

Ovie Ejaria 8 - A superb display from the 18-year-old. Hard to tell what he's going to do with the ball – and not sure he knows half the time – but is effective. Energetic, too. Unfortunate not to register superb assist for Firmino.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-1-0-liverpool-player-8509148

That Energetic point is a big part of his game. What others bring in penetrating passes and runs, Ovie makes up with his energetic runs and marking. A good player to watch out for.

Ovie Ejaria's good form has gone under the radar

He may have had the spotlight stolen from him by fellow youngster Ben Woodburn this summer, but Ejaria's performances in Liverpool's friendlies so far have been very pleasing on the eye. Arguably, his best stint came against Chelsea.

The 18-year-old played in the No. 10 role in Pasadena and appeared to be totally unfazed. Ejaria often dropped deep to receive possession and either beat a man with nifty footwork or move the ball on quickly to build momentum. The former Arsenal trainee played a wonderful backheel for Firmino's disallowed goal -- the highlight of an impressive 63-minute outing.

http://www.espnfc.com/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/2919160/five-things-we-learned-from-liverpools-defeat-to-chelsea-in-pasadena
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by sholly2017: 10:31am On Jul 30, 2016
join the professional footballers whatsapp group through this tread https://www.nairaland.com/3257911/join-professional-footballers-whatsapp-group
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zoboizee: 11:22am On Jul 30, 2016
@Semid4lyfe. You are very correct. Just like Christain Obodo. Nothing special about him to me. Will rather have Obinna Nwobodo in that role. He is faster.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
zoboizee:
@Semid4lyfe. You are very correct. Just like Christain Obodo. Nothing special about him to me. Will rather have Obinna Nwobodo in that role. He is faster.

You guys are always captivated with faster. You guys do not think within technical play, closing of space, reading of the ball, interceptions, decision making etc.

How can the best player in a Liverpool shirt in the preseason friendly against Chelsea, be nothing special.

I am Glad the coaches see differently.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 2:47pm On Jul 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

You guys are always captivated with faster. You guys do not think within technical play, closing of space, reading of the ball, interceptions, decision making etc.

How can the best player in a Liverpool shirt in the preseason friendly against Chelsea, be nothing special.

I am Glad the coaches see differently.

Ovie is a good player no doubt. Whoever sanctioned his departure from arsenal deserves to be given a smack. However, those rooting for Obinna Nwobodo are not blind. That boy can play. He's one of Nigeria's best young footballer alive at the moment. If he was born abroad he would have been totally out of reach for Nigeria.

It's cringe worthy to know a camel like Yaya sanogo turns out for arsenal but Obinna is playing for rangers. Life is unfair.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2016
goldfish80:

Ovie is a good player no doubt. Whoever sanctioned his departure from arsenal deserves to be given a smack. However, those rooting for Obinna Nwobodo are not blind. That boy can play. He's one of Nigeria's best young footballer alive at the moment. If he was born abroad he would have been totally out of reach for Nigeria.

It's cringe worthy to know a camel like Yaya sanogo turns out for arsenal but Obinna is playing for rangers. Life is unfair.

The problem I have here is the nothing special tag. The boy is special.

As for Arsene Wenger, only him can explain why he let such a talent go.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
goldfish80:

I prefer Ejaria to Nwobodo. However, they have contrasting styles. Obinna is more of a pass and move footballers. Ejaria has the tendency to hold on to the ball younger, attract players before spreading.

It is a matter of taste but I prefer Ejaria. I hope a European club signs Nwobodo too. That guy is a promising talent
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I prefer Ejaria to Nwobodo. However, they have contrasting styles. Obinna is more of a pass and move footballers. Ejaria has the tendency to hold on to the ball younger, attract players before spreading.

It is a matter of taste but I prefer Ejaria. I hope a European club signs Nwobodo too. That guy is a promising talent

Obinna's game is modelled around that if andres iniesta (quick feet, deadly, precision, shy, deceptively athletic, elusive) He is not the pass and move midfielder you talked about. This season, Imama do move him to wings durring games and he has proved to be ruthlessly efficient. The game against Abia warriors, he basically walked pass two people from the left flank to slot in from impossible angle. Obinna is a joy to watch, ask any Rangers fan.

If not for that assassin's tackle which broke his ankle, he would have been at Ajax as the deal was already on the works. No disrespect to Ejiara, but I think if Obinna was born in UK, we wouldn't even be having this argument. Skill, for skill, ovie doesn't have anything on Obinna. I will stick my head out on this one. I don't usually do.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
goldfish80:

Obinna's game is modelled around that if andres iniesta (quick feet, deadly, precision, shy, deceptively athletic, elusive) He is not the pass and move midfielder you talked about. This season, Imama do move him to wings durring games and he has proved to be ruthlessly efficient. The game against Abia warriors, he basically walked pass two people from the left flank to slot in from impossible angle. Obinna is a joy to watch, ask any Rangers fan.
If not for that snippers tackle which broke his ankle, he would have been at Ajax as the deal was already on the works. No disrespect to Ejiara, but I think if Obinna was born in UK, we wouldn't even be having this argument. Skill, for skill, ovie doesn't have anything on Obinna. I will stick my head out on this one. I don't usually do.

I have not watched much of Obinna on the wings, so I can not say. Nice to hear he has more to his game. I watched most of him with the U20. He played more as a creative central midfielder and the pass and move play is what I liked of him.

Similar to the way Xavi plays. I know the boy has some breath taking skills that people must applaud but I like more of his passing decisions and moving into space in his games.

Their both of different builds and styles. Ovie brings more strength to his game. He has the defensive intuition and he can read the ball.

He brings more to the team than creative play. That is why I prefer him. I am not comparing their ball handling capabilities. Nwobodo is ahead here but there is more that Ejaria brings than Nwobodo.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I have not watched much of Obinna on the wings, so I can not say. Nice to hear he has more to his game. I watched most of him with the U20. He played more as a creative central midfielder and the pass and move play is what I liked of him.

Similar to the way Xavi plays. I know the boy has some breath taking skills that people must applaud but I like more of his passing decisions and moving into space in his games.

Their both of different builds and styles. Ovie brings more strength to his game. He has the defensive intuition and he can read the ball.

He brings more to the team than creative play. That is why I prefer him. I am not comparing their ball handling capabilities. Nwobodo is ahead here but there is more that Ejaria brings than Nwobodo.

Physically, Ovie would have an advantage. But in terms of quick feet/decision making Obinna edges him out. They both have different skill set. Ovie would end up as more of a skilled holding midfielder like Ferbandino while Obinna with proper coaching will develop into an all round attacking weapon/play maker like Iniesta.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zoboizee: 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2016
Ovie is an attacking midfielder. I have watched a lot of him on youtube from his Arsenal days to Liverpool junior team. He is more of vieira and pogba hybrid. The problem with us is we follow these europeans to hype their players and hardly watch our own local players play week in week out at the park, field or stadium. Fact still remain, there are lot of local kids in naija who plays far better. And nobody will ever hype them. Until Iheanacho went to city, did anybody hype him in the media in Nigeria? Am very sure no.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by semid4lyfe(m): 5:47pm On Jul 30, 2016
Players like Ovie dey quick enter eye because dem dey use style do everything and one thing I've realised over the years watching & playing footy is that most Nigerian central/attacking midfielders are like that. Overskill dey worry dem and dem no dey do things the simple and easy way.

It's the football orientation & style they imbibe from childhood; too much dribbling, too much style, and frankly most adult coaches/fans cheer and applaud them when they do these things and don't reign them in. (But I call it beautiful nonsense). Watch a group of under 10s playing football anywhere and you will observe this. There is always that one player in a team who is skillful, holds on to the ball longer than necessary and dribbles too much. They never do the simple thing and give the easy pass, dem go wan dribble, show skill and "sell market". I call it the "football con".

Europeans kids don't play this way. Most lack that natural skill/dribbling ability so they play selflessly and with each other. They don't dribble and hold on to the ball unecessarily, they play directly, pass to their team mates and play the game forward. Now, this is what most Oyinbo coaches, Football commentators/analysts and spectators are used to so when a "different" player like Ovie Ejaria comes through with all his "effizy", they gush over him.

I see the game differently and I prefer "no frills", "direct" forward minded A.MFs/C.MFs who keep it simple and are always looking to pass the ball to team mates and play forward.

Ovie Ejaria is good but not special, players like him abound in the thousands all over Naija.

I digress______________________________________________

Here in Abakaliki, I train with the Police Machine team sometimes. I am a left footer and I play as a 3 (left back). In this morning's training, I played on the same side with a very skillful guy & arguably the best player (nicknamed Bebeto) who played as the 10.

At a point in the game, I overlapped with the ball along the touchline just past the halfway line, passed the ball to my 11 who comes infield to receive the ball, he opens his legs and sells a dummy to the on-rushing opposing player, the ball gets to Bebeto, I make an overlapping run forward expecting a one-time through pass from Bebeto but he holds the ball, puts the ball through the "toros" of an opposing player coming from his blind side and plays a short pass with the No 4 and kills that attacking move.

Coach was so furious, he blew against him for "over carrying", lambasted him, gave him a yellow card (attracts N500 fine) and asked him to do 20 fly bumping as punishment. We need more coaches like this in this parts to reign in the excesses of these skillful players from a very young age.

> > >

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zoboizee: 7:00pm On Jul 30, 2016
Typical JJ in the early 90's grin. Always showboating & losing possession. I like the coach's punishment.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zoboizee: 7:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
@TheGoodJoe.
Oviemuno Ejaria is a learner compared to Obinna Nwobodo in every aspect of the game. He was released on free by Arsenal. I have watched both of them very well. The class is not close at all. its just like comparing Austin Okocha with Abedi Pele. They are both fantastic players but one is better.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
zoboizee:
@TheGoodJoe.
Oviemuno Ejaria is a learner compared to Obinna Nwobodo in every aspect of the game. He was released on free by Arsenal. I have watched both of them very well. The class is not close at all. its just like comparing Abedi Pele with Austin Okocha. They are both fantastic players but one is better.

Actually, he was offered contracts by both Arsenal and Liverpool but chose liverpool.

I understand Ovie and Akpom have been invited for the meaningless AFCON qualifiers against Tanzania. Good game to give prospects an opening.

I believe that Nigeria's best young midfielder is Ifeanyi Matthew. Good to see him finally in Europe.

Ovie is up there with the best propects. With proper coaching, he will fix his flaws. He is certainly up there with the best.

I have not watched Nwobodo recently but he was a good propect at a time.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:23pm On Jul 30, 2016
zoboizee:
@TheGoodJoe.
Oviemuno Ejaria is a learner compared to Obinna Nwobodo in every aspect of the game. He was released on free by Arsenal. I have watched both of them very well. The class is not close at all. its just like comparing Abedi Pele with Austin Okocha. They are both fantastic players but one is better.

They are of different styles and Build. Their games are different. Watch that highlight again. How many creative midfielders drop close to the defence as Ovie?"

Ovie's marking and tracking back is superb. Those are the qualities a coach who likes his midfielders having an all round game wants.

Ovie brings more to the team than just creative play.

Nwobodo is of a different style with skills, brilliant passing and decision making, going into empty spaces to make the midfield more mobile. This he excels more than Ovie.

Nwobodo is better on the ball. Ovie is good on the ball but a jewel off the ball.

I prefer Ovie's style. That does not mean Nwobodo is not a gifted baller. Ovie will be an asset to the Super Eagles.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zoboizee: 8:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
tbaba1234:

Actually, he was offered contracts by both Arsenal and Liverpool but chose liverpool.
I understand Ovie and Akpom have been invited for the meaningless AFCON qualifiers against Tanzania. Good game to give prospects an opening.
I believe that Nigeria's best young midfielder is Ifeanyi Matthew. Good to see him finally in Europe.
Ovie is up there with the best propects. With proper coaching, he will fix his flaws. He is certainly up there with the best.
I have not watched Nwobodo recently but he was a good propect at a time.

Our football administrators are sick in the head. Always waiting for a player to hit the headlines before they invite him the national team. why didn't they invite him to the super eagles when was in the U18 & U21 to come & train. Now that he is hugging the headlines in Pre-season they are talking trash. Nwobodo is there & other very good boys but nobody invited them to Super Eagles that lack creativity & skill in midfield. But they are quick to call in English boy wonder. Am sure when the season gets underway & success score a goal or two he would be among their list in attack. Good for nothing corrupt folks.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zoboizee: 8:40pm On Jul 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

They are of different styles and Build. Their games are different. Watch that highlight again. How many creative midfielders drop close to the defence as Ovie?"
Ovie's marking and tracking back is superb. Those are the qualities a coach who likes his midfielders having an all round game wants.
Ovie brings more to the team than just creative play.
Nwobodo is of a different style with skills, brilliant passing and decision making, going into empty spaces to make the midfield more mobile. This he excels more than Ovie.
Nwobodo is better on the ball. Ovie is good on the ball but a jewel off the ball.
I prefer Ovie's style. That does not mean Nwobodo is not a gifted baller. Ovie will be an asset to the Super Eagles.
Yes. On the bench. Kelechi Nwakali will perform far better than this Ovie in that same role & style of play you have seen in him. How come you have never seen kelechi Nwakali to hype about. its simple. He is not European. Go and watch their videos very well.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
zoboizee:

Yes. On the bench. Kelechi Nwakali will perform far better than this Ovie in that same role & style of play you have seen in him. How come you have never seen kelechi Nwakali to hype about. its simple. He is not European. Go and watch their videos very well.

When Kelechi Nwakali does well, I hail. When Tosin Adarabioyo does well, I hail. I. Matthew, Nwobodo, Iwobi, Chidi Nwakali, Usman Mohammed, Etc.

I am not hyping Ovie but praising his good performances. Wish them the best.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
zoboizee:

Our football administrators are sick in the head. Always waiting for a player to hit the headlines before they invite him the national team. why didn't they invite him to the super eagles when was in the U18 & U21 to come & train. Now that he is hugging the headlines in Pre-season they are talking trash. Nwobodo is there & other very good boys but nobody invited them to Super Eagles that lack creativity & skill in midfield. But they are quick to call in English boy wonder. Am sure when the season gets underway & success score a goal or two he would be among their list in attack. Good for nothing corrupt folks.

Ovie trained with our U17 with Manu Garba. He was suppose to camp for the U20 World Cup in New Zealand but he was securing his Arsenal deal.

Success would have played for the Super Eagles if not his injury at the end of last season.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:04pm On Jul 30, 2016
zoboizee:
@TheGoodJoe.
Oviemuno Ejaria is a learner compared to Obinna Nwobodo in every aspect of the game. He was released on free by Arsenal. I have watched both of them very well. The class is not close at all. its just like comparing Austin Okocha with Abedi Pele. They are both fantastic players but one is better.

Free the boy abeg. No matter wat u say he is doing just fine. Yes he get released for free but it's not like he got picked up by United of Manchester or something the boy is in Liverpool give him a little credit. He wouldn't be the first talent Wenger has missed out on. Nwobodo is great talent but no need to bash another to get ur point across.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 9:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
zoboizee:

That Nwakali boy is a boss. An orchestra can't be complete without a lead violinist,in this case, Nwakali plays the violin. The boy us like a football god, with the way he presses all over the pitch. At a point in the finals against Mali, it was like he was on drugs or something.

I really have high hopes in the lad. Imagine a midfield base of the Nwakali brothers, with Obinna/Iwobi at the tip at Qatar 2022. They will basically pass teams off the pitch. Lol... Man is allowed to dream afterall

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2016
Yes. On the bench. Kelechi Nwakali will perform far better than this Ovie in that same role & style of play you have seen in him. How come you have never seen kelechi Nwakali to hype about. its simple. He is not European. Go and watch their videos very well.[/quote]
That Nwakali boy is a boss. An orchestra can't be complete without a lead violinist,in this case, Nwakali plays the violin. The boy us like a football god, with the way he presses all over the pitch. At a point in the finals against Mali, it was like he was on drugs or something.

I really have high hopes in the lad. Imagine a midfield base of the Nwakali brothers, with Obinna/Iwobi at the tip at Qatar 2022. They will basically pass teams off the pitch. Lol... Man is allowed to dream afterall
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
goldfish80:

Nwakali was very good in the final but he also played a number of average games.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 3:19am On Jul 31, 2016
zoboizee:
@TheGoodJoe.
So who is better between Okocha and Abedi Pele?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:42am On Jul 31, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria U23’s Olympic opponent Japan lose to Brazil in friendly
[/size]

Makoto Teguramori’s boys were caged by the South Americans in their last warm up game played on Saturday evening
Nigeria U23 Group B foe, Japan lost 2-0 to 2016 Olympics hosts Brazil in an international friendly ahead kick off of the competition on August 4.

Goals from Gabriel Barbosa and Marquinhos were all the Brazilians needed to breeze past Makoto Teguramori’s side at the Serra Dourada Stadium, Goias.

The side captained by Barcelona’s Neymar got the lead in the 32nd minute when his effort deflected past goalkeeper Kosuke Nakamura with Marquinhos heading in the second before half time.

The defeat is a minor setback for Samurai Blue who placed fourth at the London Olympics’s men football event ahead their opening game against Nigeria on August at the Amazônia Arena, Manaus before facing Colombia and Sweden in other Group B matches.

Hosts Brazil who are chasing their first Olympics gold medal are zoned in Group A alogside South Africa, Denmark and Iraq. They square up against South Africa in their opening game on August 4 at the Mané Garrincha Stadium Brasilia.
m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/5197/international-football/2016/07/31/26096902/nigeria-u23s-olympic-opponent-japan-lose-to-brazil-in
[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.