Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,077 members, 7,849,368 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 07:44 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (702428 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
Icon4s:

Yahaya is yet to clock 18 & so no professional contract yet. He trains with dU19 team. There is another Nigerian called Dele Alli at Tottenham (19yrs old).

ManCity needs to win at all cost against Sunderland so Iheanacho cannot start that match. No room for gamble as Manu are jst 2 pts behind.
oh, thought the Sunderland game is a Cup game
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:17am On Sep 22, 2015
safarigirl:

It is a cup game but Man City approaches every competition with the same zeal. We want to win as much titles as we can every season. I still think Nacho will start because Pellegrini looks at him as part of the squad. It will help in resting players for the early kick off against Tottenham.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:51am On Sep 22, 2015
safarigirl:

Ok. U are right. City's next Epl game is against Spurs.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:58am On Sep 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

How can he not be there? Aguero did not score, I guess he is not there. Sterling did not score, I guess he is not there. Please. Michael Owen was seventeen when he started scoring for fun in the EPL. Martial is nineteen and he is making the EPL look easy.

Nacho is up to the task if not he would not be on the bench for City. Get it again, Pellegrini chose not to replace Dzeko because of Nacho. You do not get that statement. Dzeko is one of the best strikers in the world. He left and Pellegrini trusted Nacho to replace. That is enough to calm your pessimistic writing.

Bc he scored a rebound dat any City player could have scored if he was in that position?

I say again calm it Iheanacho is not there yet.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:14am On Sep 22, 2015
Icon4s:

Bc he scored a rebound dat any City player could have scored if he was in that position?

Not any other player would have scored that goal. When Nasri took that shot, watch the replay again. Nacho was behind the defenders. It was not just a rebound. Nasri took the shot, Nacho was behind the defenders. Before the keeper and defenders could react, Nacho ran past the defenders to the ball and he nicked the ball with his outside foot to score.

For you to say any other City player would have scored it shows you are just running around this thread with hate.

If Nacho was not good, he would not be among the players in one of the most expensive and the most talented squads in Europe.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:19am On Sep 22, 2015
Icon4s:

How can Nacho not be there yet when Pellegrini let a great player like Dzeko and Jovetic leave to keep Nacho. Please I trust Pellegrini's instinct after he has worked with Superstars like Pires, Riquelme, Sorin, Senna, Rossi, Forlan and many more.

If Pellegrini feels Nacho is good enough for him to let Dzeko and Jovetic go, that is good enough for me to know Nacho is ready.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:26am On Sep 22, 2015
Oh no Sir....... Honestly, not just any player would hv converted that chance. Nacho's fast-growing positional intelligence, excellent finishing and Speed (as he sneaked in between 2 dfs and beat the Gk to d ball) were all called into play.

I know some people would want to take the shine off Nacho's goal. It's quite Unfortunate.

Even Top man city fans in England tweeted the following: "if Bony had that particular chance, he would have hit it to the keeper and it goes out for a corner or he would not have gotten to the ball at all........."

What does that tell you?

Nacho isn't exactly the finished article yet but pls take no shine off that kid. I understand ur reservations based on having seen many exciting young talents come and go but that shouldn't keep you in the pessimism arena always........ *smiles*

Nacho, Yahaya, Success, Awoniyi and a couple of others are out to show the world that a new era has dawned.

Or would you say Man utd's Anthony Martial is still not ready despite his exploits so far?

Icon4s:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:34am On Sep 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Not any other player would have scored that goal. When Nasri took that shot, watch the replay again. Nacho was behind the defenders. It was not just a rebound. Nasri took the shot, Nacho was behind the defenders. Before the keeper and defenders could react, Nacho ran past the defenders to the ball and he nicked the ball with his outside foot to score.

For you to say any other City player would have scored it shows you are just running around this thread with hate.

If Nacho was not good, he would not be among the players in one of the most expensive and the most talented squads in Europe.

How can he say any player would have scored that goal? I know for sure that Bony would not have scored that goal. After the game, alot of fans who have watched Kelechi since he signed for them felt justified and kept wondering why he didnt introduce him for Bony much earlier. I'm suspecting icon and his hatred for Kelechi

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:38am On Sep 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

How can Nacho not be there yet when Pellegrini let a great player like Dzeko and Jovetic leave to keep Nacho. Please I trust Pellegrini's instinct after he has worked with Superstars like Pires, Riquelme, Sorin, Senna, Rossi, Forlan and many more.

If Pellegrini feels Nacho is good enough for him to let Dzeko and Jovetic go, that is good enough for me to know Nacho is ready.

On Saturday, Man City fielded the most expensive lineup in all of UK's history. Think about it: They spent top pounds to assemble talents that were worth more than the great squads of Manchester United and Chelsea in the past. What does this mean? They want to win and want it fast. In the midst of the most expensive squad of all of Britain in history, they kept faith with a young 18-year old who is not English. That's a big deal, mehn. It's a big deal! Tell me how many top players in England would make that first team? How many Strikers in the Premier League are better than Dzeko?

Even Kompany knows this. Look at what he said:

“At the moment it looks like Kelechi is third in the pecking order (of strikers), and at his young age and at this kind of club, it’s a massive achievement already."

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:42am On Sep 22, 2015
[b]When the debate of whether Nacho should go to FC Porto or become a Citizen went on, I made one point clear. If Nacho joins City and Pellegrini takes interest in him then we have a Superstar in our hands.

My point was clear. Let Pellegrini take interest in him. Nacho has reached there and the interest is there for all to see.

How many players can a coach like Pellegrini let Dzeko go for. Some people do not get that Bony was brought as a replacement for Negredo. Nacho is Dzeko's replacement. For a young Nigerian that is huge. The potential is there. Nacho did well during the two preseason he was there. That led to the departure of Super Young Guidetti.

Nacho is not the finished article when it comes being molded into a Superstar. The target is simple Messi. On that scale, he is not there yet. But, so far he is there when it comes to being an EPL attacker Nacho is there. The young man has made it clear. He believes in what the City coaches sees in him and very soon, doubters will understand why Pellegrini and co. believe so much in Nacho.
[/b]

TheSuperNerd:
Oh no Sir....... Honestly, not just any player would hv converted that chance. Nacho's fast-growing positional intelligence, excellent finishing and Speed (as he sneaked in between 2 dfs and beat the Gk to d ball) were all called into play.

I know some people would want to take the shine off Nacho's goal. It's quite Unfortunate.

Even Top man city fans in England tweeted the following: "if Bony had that particular, he would have hit it to the keeper and it goes out for a corner or he would not have gotten to the ball at all........."

What does that tell you?

Nacho isn't exactly the finished article yet but pls take no shine off that kid. I understand ur reservations based on having seen many exciting young talents come and go but that shouldn't keep you in the pessimism arena always........ *smiles*

Nacho, Yahaya, Success, Awoniyi and a couple of others are out to show the world that a new era has dawned.

Or would you say Man utd's Anthony Martial is still not ready despite his exploits so far?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:47am On Sep 22, 2015
That statement by Kompany says it all. It is a great achievement already and Icon4s says he is not there. This young man has already made a great achievement. Now it is time for the young man to remember that his hard work to nurture his talent has taken him far and if he works harder, he can hit the target of the City coaches.

I am not thinking of Nacho but waiting for Yahaya to break into Tottenham. Also I am waiting for Chidera Ezeh to break into Porto. Siasia should also invite Ezeh to camp. It is good we check all talents at our disposal.

FLY EAGLES FLY

joseph1013:

On Saturday, Man City fielded the most expensive lineup in all of UK's history. Think about it: They spent top pounds to assemble talents that were worth more than the great squads of Manchester United and Chelsea in the past. What does this mean? They want to win and want it fast. In the midst of the most expensive squad of all of Britain in history, they kept faith with a young 18-year old who is not English. That's a big deal, mehn. It's a big deal! Tell me how many top players in England would make that first team? How many Strikers in the Premier League are better than Dzeko?

Even Kompany knows this. Look at what he said:

“At the moment it looks like Kelechi is third in the pecking order (of strikers), and at his young age and at this kind of club, it’s a massive achievement already."
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:52am On Sep 22, 2015
joseph1013:

How can he say any player would have scored that goal? I know for sure that Bony would not have scored that goal. After the game, alot of fans who have watched Kelechi since he signed for them felt justified and kept wondering why he didnt introduce him for Bony much earlier. I'm suspecting icon and his hatred for Kelechi

I understand the frustration of the City fans. When Nacho scored, they yelled repeatedly "I TOLD YOU SO, I TOLD YOU SO."

The City fans believe Nacho is the real deal and they want Bony dropped by Pellegrini. But, Pellegrini can not just do that because there is a huge potential in Bony. I feel Pellegrini thinks he can find the force in him that led Bony to score 31 goals in 30 matches in Netherlands. He is working on Bony.

But I feel we should not wait too long in developing Bony to fit the team. I think Nacho should jump up the pecking order while Bony finds his feet.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:01am On Sep 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I understand the frustration of the City fans. When Nacho scored, they yelled repeatedly "I TOLD YOU SO, I TOLD YOU SO."

The City fans believe Nacho is the real deal and they want Bony dropped by Pellegrini. But, Pellegrini can not just do that because there is a huge potential in Bony. I feel Pellegrini thinks he can find the force in him that led Bony to score 31 goals in 30 matches in Netherlands. He is working on Bony.

But I feel we should not wait too long in developing Bony to fit the team. I think Nacho should jump up the pecking order while Bony finds his feet.

Personally, I feel Bony is not well utilized at City. City is not his kind of club. He was massive in Holland as well as Swansea because he was in a 4-4-2 selection. At Vitesse, he broke goal records and for Swansea, I saw how he is one of the game's best headers of the ball. He doesn't get those kind of supplies in City. The crosses are terribly poor.

If he fails to adapt, Man City is in a fix because his salary is huge and only lesser clubs than Man City would be willing to take him on, but would they have the financial muscle to pay his fees?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:07am On Sep 22, 2015
You're right Sir. Well put explicitly......

The man city coaches see "Messi" as the standard for Nacho (messi is even one of Nacho's top 2 role models in soccer. The other is Kaka) and of course at this rate he would most likely surpass messi's legend.......

With respect to the Epl, Nacho is indeed ready. You mentioned John Guidetti...... Awesome talent! Fine young striker But couldn't even break into man city's ultra-competitive and super expensive squad....... THAT SAYS A LOT ABOUT THE TALENT CREDENTIALS OF NACHO.

For an 18 year old to be the reason for letting the likes of Edin Dzeko(world class star) and Jovetic(one time serie A top gun with Fiorentina) leave INDEED SAYS A LOT.......... THIS IS WAY BEYOND PRECOCITY/PRECOCIOUSNESS NOW....... It's something else.

Sometimes I wonder why Players like Owen, lampard, and Scholes who were no way near Nacho's level at this age were considered ready by people like maybe Sir Icon4s and Nacho's case says otherwise.

Even the great Messi needed sum1 to give him that chance when his talents were still evolving at age 19.

So Sir GoodJoe, Not to worry. I get you aiiit and I share your views on Nacho. I only keep using "not the finished article yet" as a way to placate Sir Icon4s and show him I understand where he's coming from but mehnnn! ! ! Sir Icon4s, please stop this pessimism. It's not nice Sir.... Honestly. You may see it as being Reserved or conservative with your expectations but truth is it has "pessimism" written all over it......

Happy tasty tuesday y'all...... *smiles*

TheGoodJoe:
[b]When the debate of whether Nacho should go to FC Porto or become a Citizen went on, I made one point clear. If Nacho joins City and Pellegrini takes interest in him then we have a Superstar in our hands.

My point was clear. Let Pellegrini take interest in him. Nacho has reached there and the interest is there for all to see.

How many players can a coach like Pellegrini let Dzeko go for. Some people do not get that Bony was brought as a replacement for Negredo. Nacho is Dzeko's replacement. For a young Nigerian that is huge. The potential is there. Nacho did well during the two preseason he was there. That led to the departure of Super Young Guidetti.

Nacho is not the finished article when it comes being molded into a Superstar. The target is simple Messi. On that scale, he is not there yet. But, so far he is there when it comes to being an EPL attacker Nacho is there. The young man has made it clear. He believes in what the City coaches sees in him and very soon, doubters will understand why Pellegrini and co. believe so much in Nacho.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 8:52am On Sep 22, 2015
joseph1013:

Personally, I feel Bony is not well utilized at City. City is not his kind of club. He was massive in Holland as well as Swansea because he was in a 4-4-2 selection. At Vitesse, he broke goal records and for Swansea, I saw how he is one of the game's best headers of the ball. He doesn't get those kind of supplies in City. The crosses are terribly poor.

If he fails to adapt, Man City is in a fix because his salary is huge and only lesser clubs than Man City would be willing to take him on, but would they have the financial muscle to pay his fees?

Big Joe ,u re being spot on! Nice comment about Bony , I wonder why he's not played to his full potentials , when I comment some days back that he was the most used and most consistent striker in d epl as at when he was in Swansea .... I think Bony is finding it difficult to adapt to the style do mancity .
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:44am On Sep 22, 2015
joseph1013:

If Man City want to let Bony go, finance will not stop it. Man City are willing to take losses after UEFA relaxed on their Financial fair play laws.

I also feel Bony does not fit in. We need strikers who can comfortably play anywhere from the attack midfield to the central attack role. Like Tevez, Messi, Aguero, Neymar, Suarez etc. Nacho fits into this. Bony doesn't. I think Navas will go at the end of the season. Our midfielders need to also have the same attributes. Look at De Bruyne, Nasri, Sterling, Silva. These guys are comfortable when they have the goal in front of them. Navas does not. I have not seen Navas play the ten role before.

I wish Bony and Navas could make it but they are falling out of the team's pattern. I think Antonio Griezmann will become a strong target for Man City next season.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:54am On Sep 22, 2015
There was a 19 years Old Joel Obi at Inter Milan
There was an 18years Old Victor Anichebe at Everton
There was a 20 Years Old Gbenga Okunowo at Barcelona
There was a 19 years Old Christian Obodo at Peruggia of Italy
There was an 18 years old Batholomew Ogbeche at Paris Saint Germain
There was a 20years Old Victor Moses at Wigan and got signed by Chelsea

There is a 19 Years Old Kelechi Iheanacho at ManCity. May he not follow their path.
Kelechi is talented but not there yet.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:09am On Sep 22, 2015
Icon4s:
There was a 19 years Old Joel Obi at Inter Milan
There was an 18years Old Victor Anichebe at Everton
There was a 20 Years Old Gbenga Okunowo at Barcelona
There was a 19 years Old Christian Obodo at Peruggia of Italy
There was an 18 years old Batholomew Ogbeche at Paris Saint Germain
There was a 20years Old Victor Moses at Wigan and got signed by Chelsea

There is a 19 Years Old Kelechi Iheanacho at ManCity. May he not follow their path.
Kelechi is talented but not there yet.

[b]I do not see the relevance of your post. Which of these players you listed here was listed by top blogs as one of the best players of his generation? None.

So what is the relevance of such list. Or are you saying because Nacho is Nigerian, then his talents and hard work is irrelevant. Then you are mistaking.

Why not write young teenage hypes who became wonders of the world like Henry, Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi, Aguero, Neymar, Ronaldo De Lima, Suarez, Ronaldinho.

CR7 was 17 when Mourinho called him the son of Marco Van Basten. Carols Queiroz called CR7 at 18 years the Michael Jordan of football. So please keep your pessimistic belief of your race to yourself. I have waited for long for a young African who believes he can be the best in the world.

Any young kid reading this, if you believe you can be great and you work very very hard to achieve it, nothing can stop you. Because, Fortune favors the Brave believer.

I watched Neymar as a young 16 years old kid and all he wanted was to become the best in the world. Few years down the line, he is close to it. That is the kind of belief I see in Nacho.

Nacho, Carry Go.
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:22am On Sep 22, 2015
Now that's what I'm talking about.........

Exactly my message to the world especially Young Africans..............

TheGoodJoe, you've surely "stolen" my heart.... Wow!!! Where did that come from? Awesome! Just awesome! You're the very first NLer to go into my heart and bring out my exact thoughts on a matter...... Well said!

I hope other young Africans are reading this!

*smiles*

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:55am On Sep 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[b]I do not see the relevance of your post. Which of these players you listed here was listed by top blogs as one of the best players of his generation? None.

So what is the relevance of such list. Or are you saying because Nacho is Nigerian, then his talents and hard work is irrelevant. Then you are mistaking.

Why not write young teenage hypes who became wonders of the world like Henry, Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi, Aguero, Neymar, Ronaldo De Lima, Suarez, Ronaldinho.

CR7 was 17 when Mourinho called him the son of Marco Van Basten. Carols Queiroz called CR7 at 18 years the Michael Jordan of football. So please keep your pessimistic belief of your race to yourself. I have waited for long for a young African who believes he can be the best in the world.

Any young kid reading this, if you believe you can be great and you work very very hard to achieve it, nothing can stop you. Because, Fortune favors the Brave believer.

I watched Neymar as a young 16 years old kid and all he wanted was to become the best in the world. Few years down the line, he is close to it. That is the kind of belief I see in Nacho.

Nacho, Carry Go.
[/b]

The hyping on this boy is too much. Talented no doubt but I remain conservative in my expectations on him.
You are not wrong either if you rate him with Leonel Messi and Christiano Ronaldo because after all the English people hype their players a lot too. I honestly pray he turns out as the Leonel Messi of his generation but let me watch him for some time first. What I have been saying all along is he is not there yet. He is still work in progress. All those ranking and equating him with Aguero, Boney, Silva, Nasri, Navas are not just it.
Talking about players listed by Top Blogs of his generation, were Messi and Ronaldo ever listed by any Blog? No bc blogging is jst a recent thing.
And did you ever watch Obafemi Martins when he played at Inter Milan? Did you see Joel Obi play as a teenager at Inter Milan? Maybe bc Kelechi Iheanacho is the most talented young player You have seen in ur generation.

Kelechi is my boy, I know him more than most of u guys here. There is hardly any match he has played that I have not watched. I can only wish him well but he is not there yet.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2015
Blogging is not a new thing. I was listing top players in forums when Sanchez and Neymar were kids. I was watching a local program on TV during Nigeria '99 when a journalist said. This is Ronaldinho, the new Ronaldo, he will one day be the best in the world. Ronaldinho was about eighteen then.

I watched a young Kaka emerge in 2002 World Cup. I watched a young promising Thierry Henry play alongside Ikpeba and Trezeguet.

So I do not know how you can school me on young talents.

I am a City fan because I believe in our project to dominate football.

Icon4s:

The hyping on this boy is too much. Talented no doubt but I remain conservative in my expectations on him.
You are not wrong either if you rate him with Leonel Messi and Christiano Ronaldo because after all the English people hype their players a lot too. I honestly pray he turns out as the Leonel Messi of his generation but let me watch him for some time first. What I have been saying all along is he is not there yet. He is still work in progress. All those ranking and equating him with Aguero, Boney, Silva, Nasri, Navas are not just it.
Talking about players listed by Top Blogs of his generation, were Messi and Ronaldo ever listed by any Blog? No bc blogging is jst a recent thing.
And did you ever watch Obafemi Martins when he played at Inter Milan? Did you see Joel Obi play as a teenager at Inter Milan? Maybe bc Kelechi Iheanacho is the most talented young player You have seen in ur generation.

Kelechi is my boy, I know him more than most of u guys here. There is hardly any match he has played that I have not watched. I can only wish him well but he is not there yet.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
Let me give you a brief history of why I believe in the NACHO PROJECT.

This is an article I wrote about Pellegrini when he took over Manchester City. Note the date: July 07 2013.

thegoodjoehunt:

Hi, just starting my blog. I am Manchester City fan for life.

Now to the article. I like trying to relate a person to a well known character. This makes the understanding of the person being described easy. For instance. In the 2013 U20 World Cup. Oliver Torres was a big revelation to the world of football. If I am asked to describe him, I’ll say he is a cross of Xavi and Iniesta. How’s that for an intro?

Manuel Pellegrini is a lot like Arsene Wenger. They embrace the same up tempo passing football. They like to create width (wing play) in their play using wing backs. Like Arsene used Ashley Cole and Lauren in the invincibles era. Pelegrini loves youth development. He turned the new rave of Real Madrid Isco into a Super star. Before Isco joined Pelegrini at Malaga, he wasn’t even a regular on the bench of Valencia FC. He plays lots of formations like the 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2. In all formations he plays, he always tries to control the game and keep possession.

Pellegrini built Villareal from an average team to a team that got knocked out of the Champions League Semi-Finals by Arsenal. They were close to the finals but lost because Riquelme missed a penalty that would have taken them to the finals. He groomed stars like Senna, Forlan, Riquelme, Guiseppe Rossi to great players at Villareal. He turned Malaga a team which was last on the table when he took over into a European force in a short time. His Real Madrid stay was nice but he met a new President who didn’t appreciate his work. Florentino Perez made life difficult for him by selling two players he really wanted to keep. Sniejder and Robben who went on to play the Champions League finals for Inter Milan And Bayern Munich respectively. Even though he made a record breaking 96 points for Real Madrid which was surpassed by Mourinho.

I am expecting a lot from Manuel Pellegrini at Man City this season. I am expecting us to make the Champions League Semi-Finals this season and take the Premier League this season. So Manuel Pellegrini is like an Arsene Wenger that gets results. Even though he has not won a European trophy, I take his turning mediocre teams into European forces as remarkable achievements.

Source: http://thegoodjoehunt./2013/07/07/who-is-manuel-pellegrini/

https://www.nairaland.com/1350606/manuel-pellegrini

Icon4s:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:05pm On Sep 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Blogging is not a new thing. I was listing top players in forums when Sanchez and Neymar were kids. I was watching a local program on TV in Nigeria '99 when a journalist said. This is Ronaldinho, the new Ronaldo, he will one day be the best in the world. Ronaldinhi was about eighteen then.

I watched a young Kaka emerge in 2002 World Cup. I watched a young promising Thierry Henry play alongside Ikpeba and Trezeguet.

So I do not know how you can school me on young talents.

I am a City fan because I believe in our project to dominate football.

My friend Blogging is relatively new. How old is even the internet? Except u are telling me I am discussing with a boy young enough to be my son.

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate Iheanacho. He is one of my favorite young Nigerian Players now. My argument is he is not jst there yet. I know most of you expected him to start the game against West Ham after he scored that goal against Crystal Palace. And I will not be surprised if he doesn't start the League Cup game against Sunderland.

He is still work in Progress, u guys should calm down. I have seen several African players start like this and they jst fizzle out over a short time.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
Now here is a post I made in Nov. 26 2013.

This was when Nacho joined became a Citizen. We thought he would play as a creative midfielder. Note the last line.

thegoodjoehunt:

I wish him the best too. Let us hope Coach Manuel Pellegrini who has a track records of developing great creative midfielders works and develops Iheanacho. The list of creative mid fielders who have worked under Coach Manuel Pellegrini includes Santiago Carzola and Isco who Manuel nurtured and groomed himself. Riquelme and now Silva and Nasri.

Pellegrini and Carzola

Pellegrini and Riquelme
[img]http://thebeautifulgamemagazine.files./2013/06/tumblr_ml7up4hkvt1qj45zro1_500.jpg[/img]
Pellegrini and Isco.

Pellegrini and Silva.

Pellegrini and Nasri.
Let us hope Coach Manuel Pellegrini takes interest in Iheanacho. Come on CITIZENS.

https://www.nairaland.com/1532258/manchester-city-sign-kelechi-iheanacho/1#19805831

Icon4s:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:15pm On Sep 22, 2015
Pellegrini knows a Superstar when he sees one. I wanted to see if Pellegrini will see Nacho as a Superstar when he joined the Etihad Campus. Early on from sending Nacho to Barcelona Academy, I believed Pellegrini saw a superstar.

Now, Pellegrini letting Dzeko go and putting faith in Nacho shows that what I expected in 2013 is happening now.

The interest is there. So our suspicion that there is something special in Nacho is proven. Pellegrini has showed Nacho the rabbit hole. Nacho has to walk in by training harder than ever every day to get there. This is not a Joel Obi scenario. It is different.

You are conservative now. I was conservative when I was waiting to see if Pellegrini will show faith and interest in Nacho.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Pellegrini knows a Superstar when he sees one. I wanted to see if Pellegrini will see Nacho as a Superstar when he joined the Etihad Campus. Early on from sending Nacho to Barcelona Academy, I believed Pellegrini saw a superstar.

Now, Pellegrini letting Dzeko go and putting faith in Nacho shows that what I expected in 2013 is happening now.

The interest is there. So our suspicion that there is something special in Nacho is proving. Pellegrini has showed Nacho the rabbit hole. Nacho has to walk in by training harder than ever every day to get there. This is not a Joel Obi scenario. It is different.

You are conservative now. I was conservative when I was waiting to see if Pellegrini will show faith and interest in Nacho.

I love your patriotism my brother. cheesy

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:24pm On Sep 22, 2015
Sir Icon4s, I know from your posts that you existed during the time Monday Odiaka scored the fastest goal at a fifa u-20 world cup. He went on to be joint top scorer with 3goals.

I know you witnessed live thru live telecast or otherwise, the 1989 generation of flying eagles stars with the head master Mutiu Adepoju.

I know you witnessed live the birth of Kanu, oruma, babayaro, etc at the 1993 fifa u-17 world cup. You were there when marco van basten led an impressive dutch side to conquer europe in 1988. You also probably witnessed Diego maradona's rise to godhood at Napoli. These and many more you witnessed and surely your experience cannot be disputed.......... But you seem to forget what playback video technology can do.

Sir, I was just 7yrs+ when I witnessed my first tournament. NIGERIA 1999............ I was so young but for a kid who started reading at age 3(2.5 to be exactly precise) I had an "interesting" kind of memory.

You seem to look down on some of us here as kids in football matters especially when it comes to soccer talents. Pls Sir, I beg you to reject that tendency. I've been privileged thanks to numerous soccer programs, tapes and the likes to witness the super talents that came far b4 my birth. I saw Raymond Kopa of Real madrid, Bobby charlton of Man utd, Alfredo di stefano of real madrid, ferenc puskas of madrid and hungary, kevin keegan of liverpool, eusebio of portugal(mozambican-born who scored 9 gls to top the charts at the 1966 fifa world cup).

I also saw george best at his best, saw Kenny daglish(the master of time and space utilization in midfield), saw Marco van basten, saw odegbami at afcon 1980, saw muda lawal, saw thomas nkono of cameroun.......... Sir, I can go on and on and on. I saw their worth, their talents and their impacts and achievements. I'M NO MASTER BUT I'M A KEEN STUDENT OF HISTORY INCLUDING SOCCER HISTORY.

SO IN ALL, I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU'RE BEING OVERLY CONSERVATIVE AND OVER-CAUTIOUS.......

IT'S JUST THAT THERE'S A TENDENCY TO PERMIT A LITTLE ELEMENT OF PESSIMISM WHEN YOU TAKE THE CAUTIOUS OR CONSERVATIVE ROUTE.

OF COURSE, NACHO IS STILL GROWING BUT ONE WHO IS "TRULY UNBIASED" CANNOT DENY HIS SUPER CLASS........ He's talented you say..... Yes! But it's more than that Sir........ He's super highly motivated to do and undo.......

A bientot Sir and Godbless.......

Icon4s:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 3:10pm On Sep 22, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Sir Icon4s, I know from your posts that you existed during the time Monday Odiaka scored the fastest goal at a fifa u-20 world cup. He went on to be joint top scorer with 3goals.

I know you witnessed live thru live telecast or otherwise, the 1989 generation of flying eagles stars with the head master Mutiu Adepoju.

I know you witnessed live the birth of Kanu, oruma, babayaro, etc at the 1993 fifa u-17 world cup. You were there when marco van basten led an impressive dutch side to conquer europe in 1988. You also probably witnessed Diego maradona's rise to godhood at Napoli. These and many more you witnessed and surely your experience cannot be disputed.......... But you seem to forget what playback video technology can do.

Sir, I was just 7yrs+ when I witnessed my first tournament. NIGERIA 1999............ I was so young but for a kid who started reading at age 3(2.5 to be exactly precise) I had an "interesting" kind of memory.

You seem to look down on some of us here as kids in football matters especially when it comes to soccer talents. Pls Sir, I beg you to reject that tendency. I've been privileged thanks to numerous soccer programs, tapes and the likes to witness the super talents that came far b4 my birth. I saw Raymond Kopa of Real madrid, Bobby charlton of Man utd, Alfredo di stefano of real madrid, ferenc puskas of madrid and hungary, kevin keegan of liverpool, eusebio of portugal(mozambican-born who scored 9 gls to top the charts at the 1966 fifa world cup).

I also saw george best at his best, saw Kenny daglish(the master of time and space utilization in midfield), saw Marco van basten, saw odegbami at afcon 1980, saw muda lawal, saw thomas nkono of cameroun.......... Sir, I can go on and on and on. I saw their worth, their talents and their impacts and achievements. I'M NO MASTER BUT I'M A KEEN STUDENT OF HISTORY INCLUDING SOCCER HISTORY.

SO IN ALL, I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU'RE BEING OVERLY CONSERVATIVE AND OVER-CAUTIOUS.......

IT'S JUST THAT THERE'S A TENDENCY TO PERMIT A LITTLE ELEMENT OF PESSIMISM WHEN YOU TAKE THE CAUTIOUS OR CONSERVATIVE ROUTE.

OF COURSE, NACHO IS STILL GROWING BUT ONE WHO IS "TRULY UNBIASED" CANNOT DENY HIS SUPER CLASS........ He's talented you say..... Yes! But it's more than that Sir........ He's super highly motivated to do and undo.......

A bientot Sir and Godbless.......

Firstly, let me say I am not looking down on u younger generation, some times I enjoy it when I discuss with younger people It also makes me look at things from another perspective.

My brother, no body is a Master in football analysis. I appreciate the fact that you recognize my years of followership of the game of football. Yes I saw Monday Odiaka, Samson Siasia, Ndubuisi Okosieme and co play FIFA U20 (then U21) in 1985 wink

Just to reveal a little of my CV: I have co-hosted Rhythm sports on Rhythm 93.7 FM on several occasions, though I am not a Sports journalist neither am I a broadcaster-just on invitations. I am also a regular caller on Naija made on Super sports. I am very close to so many sports personalities(especially football). For the records, I played football with Emmanuel Amuneke at Adeleye Street, Sari-Iganmu, Orile part of Lagos. Those that grew-up around that area will probably know me. So I also played the game. Infact Obafemi Martins used to be one of our ball boys when we played at the white sand play ground in Orile in the late 80s to early 90s.

I was privy to reasons for which Oliseh did not include Kelechi Iheanacho in the just released list of players to face DR Congo and Cameroun. And the reason is not far fetched from my line of thought.

Football is one funny game. We are all coaches in our own rights. Our views will always differ.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The interest is there. So our suspicion that there is something special in Nacho is proven. Pellegrini has showed Nacho the rabbit hole. Nacho has to walk in by training harder than ever every day to get there. This is not a Joel Obi scenario. It is different.

I'm sorry but i don't think Dzeko was let go-on loan-because of Iheanacho, Dzeko wanted regular game action and City had too many strikers.

Also did any one notice Iheanacho was deployed as a Left back against West Ham?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 4:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
Icon4s:

ICON4S calm down first, if not some one may think, your arguments about Kelechi Iheanacho is something personal. Your comments about this guy should be conveyed and tailored in such away, that any one reading them will be convinced that you have nothing against the guy pls. If you think the goal scored by Nacho was just a rebound, ask Yakubu Ayegbeni or Gambo Muhammed, if it is that easy to score in such close range positions near the goal post.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Orkpekyandega(m): 4:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

Even Top man city fans in England tweeted the following: "if Bony had that particular chance, he would have hit it to the keeper and it goes out for a corner or he would not have gotten to the ball at all........."

What does that tell you?

How I wish Icon4s read Mancity Fans' comments about Nacho's goal and their comparison of Nacho with one of their strikers, if he were to be in Nacho's position. They doubted if that same striker would have scored. You are hear underestimating the guys potential. Please this guy must not be a Messi or Ronaldo at a start before you admit his got something special.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:25pm On Sep 22, 2015
I KNEW IT! ! ! IT WAS SO CLEAR................ I just knew you were someone with a lot of experience. I know when experience talks....... Exactly the reason for all this conservatism...... EXPERIENCE.

That's why I termed you "Baba" Icon once, a couple of pages back. Holy moses! You must have seen the 1979 fifa u-20 world cup Live!!!!!....... Simply awesome!!!!

Anyway, that's what experience can do. I don't have that yet. But what I do roll with is 'Knowledge' which have respect for no age or era.

You've always had my respects Sir and you still do.........In fact, You'll always have my respects despite our differing views. I love the way you see things sometimes....... Only sometimes *smiles*
It's just that we live in an age right now where experience alone does not guarantee relevance coz core knowledge (including knowledge gained from observing other's experiences and the likes) is super vital. So what we the younger generation may lack in experience, we certainly make up for it in Indepth knowledge through study, observation, empathy, and learning thru experiences of others or otherwise.

It is only the vastly experienced man or woman that would say "...........I have been around for too long to know that this will happen just this way. There's nothing new here. I've seen something similar before" THAT IS EXACTLY THE BANE OF EXPERIENCE.....

I'M NOT SAYING THAT THOSE WITH EXPERIENCE LACK KNOWLEDGE..... NO WAY!!!!
BUT THE KNOWLEDGE VIA EXPERIENCE CAN MAKE ONE CLOSE MINDED INSTEAD OF OPEN MINDED....

PEOPLE SAY KNOWLEDGE IS POWER AND EXPERIENCE THE BEST TEACHER.........THOSE ARE HALF-TRUTHS.

I BELIEVE THAT EXPERIENCE IS ONE OF THE TEACHERS BUT CERTAINLY NOT THE BEST. KNOWLEDGE GAINED FROM KEEN OBSERVATION, SMALL EXPERIENCES (WHICH THE WISE CAN TURN INTO IMPACTFUL MEANINGS FOR LIFE APPLICATIONS), AND CONTINUAL LEARNING IS A BETTER TEACHER. For me, as a Christian, the best teacher is the "HOLY SPIRIT" (Hey! I'm not preaching o)

AND I "STRONGLY" BELIEVE THAT KNOWLEDGE IS 'TRULY' POWER ONLY WHEN ONE KNOWS WHAT FACTS TO IGNORE.
Eg. Obodo, Oruma, Etim Esin, Aghahowa, Ikedia, Teslim Fatusi, Chrisantus, Lukman Haruna, Joel Obi, among a host of others are all "nigerian" talents that somewhat failed to hit the jackpot with respect to their potentials. Therefore Nacho may go the same way................... WRONG! THOSE ARE ALL FACTS BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE TO APPLY TO NACHO.

Well, Like you said, we all can't have the same views. But the truth remains truth even when nobody is right AND wrong is wrong even when everybody is wrong.

Sir Icon4s *salutes* It's been a real pleasure........

Godbless......*smiles*

Icon4s:

Firstly, let me say I am not looking down on u younger generation, some times I enjoy it when I discuss with younger people It also makes me look at things from another perspective.

My brother, no body is a Master in football analysis. I appreciate the fact that you recognize my years of followership of the game of football. Yes I saw Monday Odiaka, Samson Siasia, Ndubuisi Okosieme and co play FIFA U20 (then U21) in 1985 wink

Just to reveal a little of my CV: I have co-hosted Rhythm sports on Rhythm 93.7 FM on several occasions, though I am not a Sports journalist neither am I a broadcaster-just on invitations. I am also a regular caller on Naija made on Super sports. I am very close to so many sports personalities(especially football). For the records, I played football with Emmanuel Amuneke at Adeleye Street, Sari-Iganmu, Orile part of Lagos. Those that grew-up around that area will probably know me. So I also played the game. Infact Obafemi Martins used to be one of our ball boys when we played at the white sand play ground in Orile in the late 80s to early 90s.

I was privy to reasons for which Oliseh did not include Kelechi Iheanacho in the just released list of players to face DR Congo and Cameroun. And the reason is not far fetched from my line of thought.

Football is one funny game. We are all coaches in our own rights. Our views will always differ.

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.