Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,898 members, 7,844,890 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (701891 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Yes! I have watched all their game with their games, he has never used in either Silva or Sterling's position or was i asleep? Coming on for a player doesn't mean you take the players exact position. i remember him playing left back against West Ham and against Newcastle he was a second striker. This you peoples grooming don tire me next thing we go take palmy overseas and say they groomed it to be drinkable. The boy was a boss in 2013 could have played anywhere then so Man City just housed our ferrari nothing more. This is the same thing that happened to Mikel i guess with him being African they don't believe he is creative enough. Who does Nacho playing as striker benefit? I tell you who it doesn't Nigeria. Its like they are sending us oil we already have that.

[b]You keep saying this Man City just housed a Ferrari and it baffles me. Are you saying Nacho's time with Patrick Viera was useless? Are you saying his time at the La Masia academy was useless?

Pellegrini has done this many times. Aguero's deadliest form has been under Pellegrini, do you think it is a fluke? Note Aguero as a teenager was amazing but his best form is under Pellegrini.

Forlan was a flop at Manchester United flop. He had talent, scored one of the best goals at Nigeria '99 against Ronaldinho's Brazil. When Ferguson signed Forlan, Ferguson talked proudly about Forlan but Forlan flopped. We are talking Ferguson here who did a great job with CR7.

Pellegrini took Forlan and groomed him into the best striker in the World. So leave that Ferrari talk.

If Nacho leaves City today, he will do well, just as Pogba is doing well. However, it is better he takes this chance to learn from a highly experienced manager who will consider Nacho's development before immediate success. [/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 2:18pm On Oct 27, 2015
Icon4s:
Guys, in my office few minutes ago, I strumbled into former Super Eagles right back, Former Golden Eaglets coach, Former Olympic Team coach and Former Super Eagles coach - Mr Augustine "Serezo" Eguavoen.

After introducing myself I invited him for lunch with me as it was lunch time. He asked me to give him 10mins to complete the task he came for. We got talking over lunch.

Because of the likes of TheSuperNerd, TheGoodJoe, Safarigirl and other Iheanacho fans I raised the Iheanacho debate after a series of discussions.(Men, Eguavoen dey roast o)

He was of the opinion that Iheanacho is talented and a good player.(Nothing more).

I tried being specific with comparisms with the likes of Anthony Martial, Bony, young Isco and Carzola and d likes.

His answer was "Iheanacho is still a baby he needs time to mature". I raised a subtle objection that Anthony Martial is also 19yrs old. He said "Martial is more maturered physically, mentally and in the level of knowledge of the game. Martial is a product of the French League and even featured in last year's champions league with Monaco". He said the best for Iheanacho now might be a loan move for 1 or 2 seasons.
-This is a man who has played the game and coached the game talking.

We also discussed d current Eaglets and Super Eagles.
Icon, you need to realize that you can't just take opinions from these Nigerian football administrators.

Bad belle runs in their blood, hence, I can't take their word for shiiit

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:48pm On Oct 27, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

[b]You keep saying this Man City just housed a Ferrari and it baffles me. Are you saying Nacho's time with Patrick Viera was useless? Are you saying his time at the La Masia academy was useless?

Pellegrini has done this many times. Aguero's deadliest form has been under Pellegrini, do you think it is a fluke? Note Aguero as a teenager was amazing but his best form is under Pellegrini.

Forlan was a flop at Manchester United flop. He had talent, scored one of the best goals at Nigeria '99 against Ronaldinho's Brazil. When Ferguson signed Forlan, Ferguson talked proudly about Forlan but Forlan flopped. We are talking Ferguson here who did a great job with CR7.

Pellegrini took Forlan and groomed him into the best striker in the World. So leave that Ferrari talk.

If Nacho leaves City today, he will do well, just as Pogba is doing well. However, it is better he takes this chance to learn from a highly experienced manager who will consider Nacho's development before immediate success. [/b]
tell me one new attribute Iheanacho has that he didn't have at the U-17 world cup? Or were u not the same guy who said he could have made the world cup squad had he stayed back? So how do u go from there to saying Man City made him? Then u say la Masia like it means much, for every Messi and Xavi there are like 10 guys that went through that academy without doing much professionally so thanks but no thanks.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
safarigirl:
stop mentioning track record. We should all be able to point out when a player has been overwhelmed by certain factors and as good as Bony may have been for an average Swansea team, he doesn't cut it for Man City and that is the sad point the fans are trying to make

Was Torres not awesome for Liverpool? What happened when he moved to Chelsea? How has RVP coped since leaving Arsenal? What about Arshavin? Even Fabregas has declined in class since leaving Arsenal, he could barely cut it at Barcelona and had to return to Chelsea

When I was in a missionary secondary school, I used to churn out average results at best, but when I moved to a government school, I attained guru status. Being good at certain points in your career, doesn't make one awesome

Bony may be Swansea good, he may be Leicester good, but he is not Man City good and he won't be the first player to have reality come crashing down in that sense

From what i have been seeing he is slowly adapting to life at city and the team is adapting to his style, he just scored a brace last week. To me premier league fans are too harsh, imagine Ideye being killed for not scoring but how many goals are west brom scoring now? Honestly premier fans are cry babies a striker should not be under so much pressure. It is sad cuz i know the same will be done to Iheanacho. Being good once means that there is a possibility of replicating the act, that is why Torres still has a team as we speak. I don't believe in big team small team players. Most big teams get players from small teams btw Liverpool is just as big if not bigger than Chealsea Torres went for the money and for some reason he had a mental breakdown he was missing clear chances, that is not the case with Bony.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:40pm On Oct 27, 2015
Awoniyi's club plays tonite hopefully he plays being that it is a cup match. I want Klopp to like him if so i can only imagine wat he will do with him given his track record with strikers.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:20pm On Oct 27, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

From what i have been seeing he is slowly adapting to life at city and the team is adapting to his style, he just scored a brace last week. To me premier league fans are too harsh, imagine Ideye being killed for not scoring but how many goals are west brom scoring now? Honestly premier fans are cry babies a striker should not be under so much pressure. It is sad cuz i know the same will be done to Iheanacho. Being good once means that there is a possibility of replicating the act, that is why Torres still has a team as we speak. I don't believe in big team small team players. Most big teams get players from small teams btw Liverpool is just as big if not bigger than Chealsea Torres went for the money and for some reason he had a mental breakdown he was missing clear chances, that is not the case with Bony.
scoring a brace against Bournemouth is no feat. His performances at games that matter have been abysmal.

Like I said, he may be able to replicate his Swansea form, but it's hardly likely that will be in a City shirt.

Everyone will get heat from fans, even Rooney the great, Bony has done nothing noteworthy fr City, so the fans are expectedly going hard on him, even Sterling has received knocks. On a flip side, KDB has been awesome.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:48pm On Oct 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Sir GoodJoe, you've said my mind again. *smiles*

I just wanted to show Sir Icon4s the inconsistencies in his views on soccer.

Why can't he just stick to his guns 100% even if they're wrong?? He says something here and reverses at the next opportunity. And maintains both "contradictory views" if necessary "just to buttress his points"....... IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!! DIARIS God!!!!!! *smiles*

It's 100% clear to me now that he's not being true at all..........

Sir GoodJoe, u're a core and honest Man City fan and keen observer. I've heard you......

I know Nacho is in "great hands" and I know he will rise through his training and development to be "The best"...........

Patience will be exercised and I believe we'll all be the happier for it...........

I just love it when Young Nigerians like myself excel like I'm excelling........ It gives me great Joy.

Anyway, Sir Pellegrini, pls and pls..... Don't let anything stop you from making sure Nacho gets the best, finest, and truest of ur decisions......... Thanks.

**smiles**

What are u talking abt? If Iheanacho was a defender or defensivs midfielder do u think he will b getting d game time he is getting? Iheanacho as a forward is getting d playing time he is enjoying bc he a forward ånd so d coach can afford to take d risk. Also he is surrounded by more experienced forwards hu can easily give him cover and support.

The fact that Iheanacho is in Mancity does nt mean he is better than all d Super Eagles players. National team football is different from club football. As a forward in The National team a lot rests on ur shoulders and games are few.I doubt Iheanacho can shoulder such pressures and responsibility.

And for those of you undermining Eguavoen credentials as a coach, u will tell me how many coaching courses u have attended. U think it is like what u do on ur Play Stations.

And I guesss u all know better than Pellegrini. U can as Well go and take over his job.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
Naah....... Don't worry "Dad"....... Just watch ur "comments" next time..... You never know who's watching "keenly".......... *winks*

Forwards don't need experience huh? Martins vs. Isaac Success and Imoh Ezekiel

Forwards need experience huh? Man City and Iheanacho.

How funny.......*smiles*

Anyway, I've never played a play station before..... Books never allowed me.... *smiles*

So uhm.... As u can see I'm not ur every day kinda "kid".....

Ciao Sir...... I do hope "Maradona" showed up at ur office too **smiles**

Icon4s:

What are u talking abt? If Iheanacho was a defender or defensivs midfielder do u think he will b getting d game time he is getting? Iheanacho as a forward is getting d playing time he is enjoying bc he a forward ånd so d coach can afford to take d risk. Also he is surrounded by more experienced forwards hu can easily give him cover and support.

The fact that Iheanacho is in Mancity does nt mean he is better than all d Super Eagles players. National team football is different from club football. As a forward in The National team a lot rests on ur shoulders and games are few.I doubt Iheanacho can shoulder such pressures and responsibility.

And for those of you undermining Eguavoen credentials as a coach, u will tell me how many coaching courses u have attended. U think it is like what u do on ur Play Stations.

And I guesss u all know better than Pellegrini. U can as Well go and take over his job.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:19pm On Oct 27, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

tell me one new attribute Iheanacho has that he didn't have at the U-17 world cup? Or were u not the same guy who said he could have made the world cup squad had he stayed back? So how do u go from there to saying Man City made him? Then u say la Masia like it means much, for every Messi and Xavi there are like 10 guys that went through that academy without doing much professionally so thanks but no thanks.

Tell me one new attribute in Aguero since Pellegrini started coaching him. Tell me one new attribute in Yaya Toure before Pellegrini started coaching him.

I am sure you can not but there are massive improvements in results in players like Aguero and Yaya after Pellegrini joined City.

By the way, Nacho was not a striker before he joined City. He never went through training as a finisher. Now he is a full striker. Is that not something he gained at City.

Nacho having a chance to go to the World Cup does not mean he was ready to become the best player in the World. It takes nurturing and grooming to get to that level. Just like Fabregas was a brilliant player and captain of his La Masia side, a golden ball and golden boot winner at the 2003 U17 World Cup. That does not mean Fabregas was ready to play as a starter for Barca.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:59pm On Oct 27, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Tell me one new attribute in Aguero since Pellegrini started coaching him. Tell me one new attribute in Yaya Toure before Pellegrini started coaching him.

I am sure you can not but there are massive improvements in results in players like Aguero and Yaya after Pellegrini joined City.

By the way, Nacho was not a striker before he joined City. He never went through training as a finisher. Now he is a full striker. Is that not something he gained at City.

Nacho having a chance to go to the World Cup does not mean he was ready to become the best player in the World. It takes nurturing and grooming to get to that level. Just like Fabregas was a brilliant player and captain of his La Masia side, a golden ball and golden boot winner at the 2003 U17 World Cup. That does not mean Fabregas was ready to play as a starter for Barca.

Wrong Aguero was a beast at Athletico Madrid won trophies scored goals and Yaya was part of Barca's 6 trophies, they were already made men before city, known and respected worldwide. Fabragas was a sad case of being born in the same age of Xavi and Iniesta we tried our best to use him elsewere, Barca would have loved to keep him but he deserved frequent playing time. Yes pellegrini is doing a great job utilizing their abilities but don't make it like he made them good. When u are on a good team u tend to have better stats. My point is all the skills he exhibits today were learned at his academy in Nigeria give them the credit and stop shipping it abroad. Barca can take credit for Messi cuz they had him since 14. Nacho was almost old enough to buy alcohol how can u really say they are responsible for the player he is.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Wrong Aguero was a beast at Athletico Madrid won trophies scored goals and Yaya was part of Barca's 6 trophies, they were already made men before city, known and respected worldwide. Fabragas was a sad case of being born in the same age of Xavi and Iniesta we tried our best to use him elsewere, Barca would have loved to keep him but he deserved frequent playing time. Yes pellegrini is doing a great job utilizing their abilities but don't make it like he made them good. When u are on a good team u tend to have better stats. My point is all the skills he exhibits today were learned at his academy in Nigeria give them the credit and stop shipping it abroad. Barca can take credit for Messi cuz they had him since 14. Nacho was almost old enough to buy alcohol how can u really say they are responsible for the player he is.

Aguero was a beast at Independiente. So telling me he was a beast at Atletico does not show anything. This is Aguero's best form in his life. This period with Pellegrini . That shows improvement.

At Barca and Under Mancini, Yaya was not regular on the Ballon D'or list, since Pellegrini joined City, Yaya has made all the Ballon D'or list including this present one.

Is that not improvement?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:06pm On Oct 27, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

These guys were good. They were talented but they are better under Pellegrini. Just like Henry was good at Monaco but he became a beast under Arsenal. Just like Anelka was a talented kid playing for PSG and he became a beast under Wenger.

Just like Nacho is Super Talented and he will become a monster under Pellegrini.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:04am On Oct 28, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

These guys were good. They were talented but they are better under Pellegrini. Just like Henry was good at Monaco but he became a beast under Arsenal. Just like Anelka was a talented kid playing for PSG and he became a beast under Wenger.

Just like Nacho is Super Talented and he will become a monster under Pellegrini.

Wenger switched Henry from the wing to striker and he started scoring goals which was a new thing, will it be new if Iheanacho goes on a run and starts scoring goals? Will we say "wow i never knew Iheanacho could score like that"?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:06am On Oct 28, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Aguero was a beast at Independiente. So telling me he was a beast at Atletico does not show anything. This is Aguero's best form in his life. This period with Peegrini. That shows improvement.

At Barca and Under Mancini, Yaya was not regular on the Ballon D'or list, since Pellegrini joined City, Yaya has made all the Ballon D'or list including this present one.

Is that not improvement?

Bony was also on the first list go figure.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:04am On Oct 28, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Bony was also on the first list go figure.
when was this first list released? Was it not on account of his Swansea performance?

You've vehemently refused to get a small point that any primary school kid would have gotten and that is highly disturbing considering you ought to be mentally advanced

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:28am On Oct 28, 2015
Our men select who they think Man City boss Manuel Pellegrini should send out to face Crystal Palace. See if you agree and have your say.

Anthony Jepson

City fans are desperate to see Kelechi Iheanacho start a game and there's no reason why Manuel Pellegrini shouldn't grant that wish.

The teenager is raring to go it would be a good opportunity to see if he can offer a real alternative to Wilfried Bony over a full game rather than as a late substitute.

Patrick Roberts has also been waiting patiently on the bench and deserves a crack.

Pellegrini will want to get first-teamers who have missed games recently up to speed so Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta and Aleks Kolarov should all feature.

By the same token, Kevin de Bruyne may be due a rest.

But Pellegrini wants a win so not all of his main men can have a night off.

Anthony's XI: Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Otamendi, Kolarov; Fernando, Toure; Navas, Sterling, Barker; Iheanacho.

Anthony's prediction: City 3-1 Palace

Rob Pollard

Given the list of injuries Manuel Pellegrini has had to deal with this season, this game provides a good opportunity to rest one or two of his established stars.

However, the idea he’ll make wholesale changes is unlikely given the strength of the sides he usually picks in the League Cup. He likes this competition and sees it as a good chance to lay a platform for success.

Kelechi Iheanacho will almost certainly start. He’s by far City’s most talented youngster and he really needs a proper chance to shine. Manu Garcia could also feature – Pellegrini appears to rate him highly.

Pablo Zabaleta could do with some minutes and should replace Bacary Sagna, and Jesus Navas will probably replace Kevin De Bruyne, who’s played 14 games for club and country since signing for the club.

Rob's XI: Caballero; Zabaleta, Kompany, Mangala, Kolarov; Fernando, Toure; Navas, Garcia, Sterling; Iheanacho.

Rob's prediction: City 3-2 Palace

James Robson

Manuel Pellegrini has made no secret of his determination to compete on all fronts this season and named a particularly strong line up in the last round of the Capital One Cup.

Injuries forced his hand against Sunderland and they should do again against Crystal Palace.

City fans would love to see some of the youngsters given a chance, with Kelechi Iheanacho and Patrick Roberts likely to be in the squad.

Kevin de Bruyne could do with a rest, while Fernandinho is suspended.

This could also be a chance to Martin Demichelis a start.

James' XI: Caballero; Zabaleta, Mangala, Demichelis, Kolarov; Navas, Fernando, Toure, Sterling; Bony, Iheanacho.

James' prediction: City 1-0 Palace

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/crystal-palace-v-manchester-city-10342621

Pic 1: Anthony Jepson
Pic 2: Rob
Pic 3: James
Pic 4: Fans starting XI......

These are seasoned sports writers, BRITISH Seasoned writers and their opinions as well as those of the fans. Forgive me if I rate them higher than Eguaveon and NL analysts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:56am On Oct 28, 2015
safarigirl:
when was this first list released? Was it not on account of his Swansea performance?

You've vehemently refused to get a small point that any primary school kid would have gotten and that is highly disturbing considering you ought to be mentally advanced

Actually that would be a debate if I'm advanced or remedial, in any case i am just a guy who is passionate about discussing sports, i say what i feel and i am willing to "try" to defend my opinion which may or may not be right. I don't need a standing ovation and i am not scared of any boo birds.
Now that that is out of the way my point was that Bony's swansea performance did not warrant a ballot dor mention if that was the case Enyeama would be mentioned every year. Bony's best years were 2012/2013 not last year.
What kill me is that i take my time to form and state my opinion and people read just one sentence and run with it without disputing or accepting anything else i said.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:02pm On Oct 28, 2015
safarigirl:
Icon, you need to realize that you can't just take opinions from these Nigerian football administrators.

Bad belle runs in their blood, hence, I can't take their word for shiiit

In gbosaa's voice: "Olanna you too dey argue"! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2015
Iheanacho & touchline fireworks - Five things we want to see from Manchester City on Wednesday Oct 28, 2015 7:00:00 AM

With Crystal Palace in town for the League Cup, Manuel Pellegrini has the perfect opportunity to bring in some exciting young players, writes Sam Lee.

Manchester City is back in League Cup action Wednesday and it could be a tough task against Alan Pardew's Crystal Palace.While Manuel Pellegrini picked a very strong side in the previous round, there's an opportunity to rotate and bring in some exciting youngsters at the Etihad.And with United playing at home — and Middlesbrough bringing thousands of traveling fans — we just hope plenty of City fans brave the roads and the Metrolink to see their team. Here are five things we want to see Wednesday ...

KELECHI IHEANACHO
Even if he scores 10 goals this season, I'll still be annoyed about that poor offside call at the end of the Bournemouth match that denied Kelechi a stunning chip. The result was way beyond doubt by that point, but that type of goal can launch a career. The 19-year-old Nigerian barely needs any more hype around him, but had that strike rightly stood, it would have been two Premier League goals in 34 minutes of action. His first, of course, came in dramatic circumstances against Crystal Palace back in September, so why not give him a run out from the start against the same opposition?It would be harsh to criticize Pellegrini for being cautious in the derby — I praised his defensive outlook in the aftermath — but Iheanacho was only given seven minutes at Old Trafford. You felt that had he been introduced sooner, he would have given the United defense something different to deal with. The City boss is probably right to hold Kelechi back from the limelight as much as possible, but these games are the perfect opportunity to rotate. He's certainly ready.

GIVE YOUTH A CHANCE
And why stop there? Pellegrini brought on three youngsters in the last round against Sunderland and moreopportunities for City's brightest talents would be very welcome.Patrick Roberts, Manu Garcia and George Evans were all given senior debuts, of sorts, against the Black Cats. Evans, who only had a minute to show off his talents, has since gone on loan to Walsall, where he has scored twice in two games. But Roberts, who had 35 minutes to catch the eye, is perhaps the most exciting youngster behind Iheanacho and is a candidate to start Wednesday.A few days after the win in the northeast he was thrown to the lions at the end of the defeat at Tottenham, where he had just six touches of the ball in four minutes. At least you could say it was character building.He's been catching the eye in City's youth teams and in September scored the above fantastic individual effort against Juventus in the UEFA Youth League.Starting both Roberts, 18, and Iheanacho, 19, could well be the limit of Pellegrini's adventurous streak, but others can expect substitute appearances.Manu Garcia and Brandon Barker have been on the bench for Premier League matches this season and could be handed some minutes in the cup. Garcia, 17, has earned a reputation as a David Silva-lite since joining from Sporting Gijon and even went on City's preseason tour.Ahead of the last round against Sunderland, he acknowledged he was excited by the prospect of making his first-team debut — and he did just that with 16 minutes to go."In all honesty, I didn’t expect to go on tour with the first team, but things went really well and I’m really happy with the way things are going," Garcia said. "The Capital One Cup is a competition that is really exciting for all the younger players because we know there is a possibility that we could play and maybe show what we are capable of. It’s really positive, not just for me, but for the Club."Let's hope they get their chance Wednesday.

RAHEEM STERLING TO STEP UP
One youngster who is way past youth team appearances is Raheem Sterling, but he's certainly got some work to do for the senior side.It was hoped the hat trick against Bournemouth would be a turning point after some difficult performances, but he was anonymous against Sevilla and Manchester United.It is important to remember that he is still just 20 years old, and he has played an awful lot of football in the past two seasons.That will pose something of a quandary for Pellegrini, who must decide whether to give Sterling the chanceto take on some added responsibility as a senior player should he line up alongside the likes of Roberts and Iheanacho, or give him a rest all together.Sterling had one of his better games against Sunderland in the last round, picking up a goal and an assist, and the opportunity to involve himself in a battle against one of Palace's forward-thinking wingers could be exactly what he needs.

A WIN ... AND MAYBE SOME SIDELINE FIREWORKS
OK, so we all want to see the young lads play — but a win would be nice for the club too.Alan Pardew knocked City out at the same stage last season while in charge of Newcastle, and he might beconfident of doing so again.Palace is a good counterattacking side, and City's attacking approach should give it plenty of chances on the break.Pellegrini set his men up well at Old Trafford on Sunday, but don't expect him to have become a pragmatistovernight — City will most likely flood forward against Palace as it normally does in this competition.Victory on Wednesday would seal a place in the quarterfinals and, after City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak expressed his disappointment with the team's lack of trophies recently, any silverware will be very welcome for Pellegrini this time around.And don't forget the rivarly between the two managers. The Chilean is not often riled but Pardew really does seem to get under his skin. The two memorably clashed at St. James' Park in 2014 when the then Magpies boss branded his opposite number a ... well, I'm sure you remember.They were at it against at Selhurst Park in September when Pellegrini was not too happy about Pardew's sideline remonstrations.Knocking the Londoners out of the competition, then, would be very sweet indeed.

ENOUGH FANS IN THE STADIUM TO ENJOY IT
For the first time since 2009, United and City are both playing at home on the same night ... and plenty of locals are dreading it.With the Red Devils making the top tier of Old Trafford's east stand available to traveling fans in the cup, Middlesbrough has taken full advantage and is expected to bring up to 10,000 supporters with it.With traffic on the Mancunian Way still disrupted thanks to September's sinkhole, and the Metrolink lines bound to be rammed, many City fans could do without the hassle.

http://m.goal.com/x/en-us/news/85/england/2015/10/28/16752622/iheanacho-touchline-fireworks-five-things-we-want-to-see

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:38pm On Oct 28, 2015
linked:
The 19-year-old Nigerian barely needs any more hype around him, but had that strike rightly stood, it would have been two Premier League goals in 34 minutes of action

That is indeed an impressive stat. I did not look at it that way before.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2015
Icon4s:
Guys, in my office few minutes ago, I strumbled into former Super Eagles right back, Former Golden Eaglets coach, Former Olympic Team coach and Former Super Eagles coach - Mr Augustine "Serezo" Eguavoen.

After introducing myself I invited him for lunch with me as it was lunch time. He asked me to give him 10mins to complete the task he came for. We got talking over lunch.

Because of the likes of TheSuperNerd, TheGoodJoe, Safarigirl and other Iheanacho fans I raised the Iheanacho debate after a series of discussions.(Men, Eguavoen dey roast o)

He was of the opinion that Iheanacho is talented and a good player.(Nothing more).

I tried being specific with comparisms with the likes of Anthony Martial, Bony, young Isco and Carzola and d likes.

His answer was "Iheanacho is still a baby he needs time to mature". I raised a subtle objection that Anthony Martial is also 19yrs old. He said "Martial is more maturered physically, mentally and in the level of knowledge of the game. Martial is a product of the French League and even featured in last year's champions league with Monaco". He said the best for Iheanacho now might be a loan move for 1 or 2 seasons.

Out of respect for Mr. Eguavoun it would be very unrully to employ any "knife edge'' adjective in expressing my feelings vis-a-vis his spurious submissions as informed by this quote...

Calling Nacho a "baby" is totally out of taste and unacceptable... It a shame that he ( Eguaveoun) in making these unguarded utterances only reveal even more clearly that he-like many Nigerian coaches- suffers from a reality glaucoma.
They claim to know the game but are inept even of the basics.... Smh

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 2:18pm On Oct 28, 2015
linked:
Iheanacho & touchline fireworks - Five things we want to see from Manchester City on Wednesday Oct 28, 2015 7:00:00 AM

With Crystal Palace in town for the League Cup, Manuel Pellegrini has the perfect opportunity to bring in some exciting young players, writes Sam Lee.

Manchester City is back in League Cup action Wednesday and it could be a tough task against Alan Pardew's Crystal Palace.While Manuel Pellegrini picked a very strong side in the previous round, there's an opportunity to rotate and bring in some exciting youngsters at the Etihad.And with United playing at home — and Middlesbrough bringing thousands of traveling fans — we just hope plenty of City fans brave the roads and the Metrolink to see their team. Here are five things we want to see Wednesday ...

KELECHI IHEANACHO
Even if he scores 10 goals this season, I'll still be annoyed about that poor offside call at the end of the Bournemouth match that denied Kelechi a stunning chip. The result was way beyond doubt by that point, but that type of goal can launch a career. The 19-year-old Nigerian barely needs any more hype around him, but had that strike rightly stood, it would have been two Premier League goals in 34 minutes of action. His first, of course, came in dramatic circumstances against Crystal Palace back in September, so why not give him a run out from the start against the same opposition?It would be harsh to criticize Pellegrini for being cautious in the derby — I praised his defensive outlook in the aftermath — but Iheanacho was only given seven minutes at Old Trafford. You felt that had he been introduced sooner, he would have given the United defense something different to deal with. The City boss is probably right to hold Kelechi back from the limelight as much as possible, but these games are the perfect opportunity to rotate. He's certainly ready.

GIVE YOUTH A CHANCE
And why stop there? Pellegrini brought on three youngsters in the last round against Sunderland and moreopportunities for City's brightest talents would be very welcome.Patrick Roberts, Manu Garcia and George Evans were all given senior debuts, of sorts, against the Black Cats. Evans, who only had a minute to show off his talents, has since gone on loan to Walsall, where he has scored twice in two games. But Roberts, who had 35 minutes to catch the eye, is perhaps the most exciting youngster behind Iheanacho and is a candidate to start Wednesday.A few days after the win in the northeast he was thrown to the lions at the end of the defeat at Tottenham, where he had just six touches of the ball in four minutes. At least you could say it was character building.He's been catching the eye in City's youth teams and in September scored the above fantastic individual effort against Juventus in the UEFA Youth League.Starting both Roberts, 18, and Iheanacho, 19, could well be the limit of Pellegrini's adventurous streak, but others can expect substitute appearances.Manu Garcia and Brandon Barker have been on the bench for Premier League matches this season and could be handed some minutes in the cup. Garcia, 17, has earned a reputation as a David Silva-lite since joining from Sporting Gijon and even went on City's preseason tour.Ahead of the last round against Sunderland, he acknowledged he was excited by the prospect of making his first-team debut — and he did just that with 16 minutes to go."In all honesty, I didn’t expect to go on tour with the first team, but things went really well and I’m really happy with the way things are going," Garcia said. "The Capital One Cup is a competition that is really exciting for all the younger players because we know there is a possibility that we could play and maybe show what we are capable of. It’s really positive, not just for me, but for the Club."Let's hope they get their chance Wednesday.

RAHEEM STERLING TO STEP UP
One youngster who is way past youth team appearances is Raheem Sterling, but he's certainly got some work to do for the senior side.It was hoped the hat trick against Bournemouth would be a turning point after some difficult performances, but he was anonymous against Sevilla and Manchester United.It is important to remember that he is still just 20 years old, and he has played an awful lot of football in the past two seasons.That will pose something of a quandary for Pellegrini, who must decide whether to give Sterling the chanceto take on some added responsibility as a senior player should he line up alongside the likes of Roberts and Iheanacho, or give him a rest all together.Sterling had one of his better games against Sunderland in the last round, picking up a goal and an assist, and the opportunity to involve himself in a battle against one of Palace's forward-thinking wingers could be exactly what he needs.

A WIN ... AND MAYBE SOME SIDELINE FIREWORKS
OK, so we all want to see the young lads play — but a win would be nice for the club too.Alan Pardew knocked City out at the same stage last season while in charge of Newcastle, and he might beconfident of doing so again.Palace is a good counterattacking side, and City's attacking approach should give it plenty of chances on the break.Pellegrini set his men up well at Old Trafford on Sunday, but don't expect him to have become a pragmatistovernight — City will most likely flood forward against Palace as it normally does in this competition.Victory on Wednesday would seal a place in the quarterfinals and, after City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak expressed his disappointment with the team's lack of trophies recently, any silverware will be very welcome for Pellegrini this time around.And don't forget the rivarly between the two managers. The Chilean is not often riled but Pardew really does seem to get under his skin. The two memorably clashed at St. James' Park in 2014 when the then Magpies boss branded his opposite number a ... well, I'm sure you remember.They were at it against at Selhurst Park in September when Pellegrini was not too happy about Pardew's sideline remonstrations.Knocking the Londoners out of the competition, then, would be very sweet indeed.

ENOUGH FANS IN THE STADIUM TO ENJOY IT
For the first time since 2009, United and City are both playing at home on the same night ... and plenty of locals are dreading it.With the Red Devils making the top tier of Old Trafford's east stand available to traveling fans in the cup, Middlesbrough has taken full advantage and is expected to bring up to 10,000 supporters with it.With traffic on the Mancunian Way still disrupted thanks to September's sinkhole, and the Metrolink lines bound to be rammed, many City fans could do without the hassle.
linked!!!!

You beat me to it....you for add the link nah....goal international, goal UK etc.

Iheanacho is easily the headline player of today's game. Dunno why we keep having arguments and bringing up irrelevant Naija coaches and their bad belle opinions

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:42pm On Oct 28, 2015
linked:

Out of respect for Mr. Eguavoun it would be very unrully to employ any "knife edge'' adjective in expressing my feelings vis-a-vis his spurious submissions as informed by this quote...

Calling Nacho a "baby" is totally out of taste and unacceptable... It a shame that he ( Eguaveoun) in making these unguarded utterances only reveal even more clearly that he-like many Nigerian coaches- suffers from a reality glaucoma.
They claim to know the game but are inept even of the basics.... Smh

Don't sweat it...we give people like Eguavoen too much respect, yet they deliver next to nothing given the potential they have at their disposal. Didn't you see his CV?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:24pm On Oct 28, 2015
Guess who's on the cover for City's game tonight grin grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:04pm On Oct 28, 2015
Guess who's starting guys
Caballero; Zaballeta, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov; Toure(C), Fernando, Navas, De Bruyne; Bony, Iheanacho.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:36pm On Oct 28, 2015
safarigirl:
Guess who's starting guys
Caballero; Zaballeta, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov; Toure(C), Fernando, Navas, De Bruyne; Bony, Iheanacho.
Good luck to the kid, he should score tonite.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
Icon4s:

And you think we will keep quit because your super idol Eguavon said so right?
Hmmmmmmmm
Who is Eguavon to rate a player when Pellegrini thinks otherwise.
Coaches like Eguavon to me are simply talent killers.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 9:33pm On Oct 28, 2015
The kid just gave one assist
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:37pm On Oct 28, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Naah....... Don't worry "Dad"....... Just watch ur "comments" next time..... You never know who's watching "keenly".......... *winks*

Forwards don't need experience huh? Martins vs. Isaac Success and Imoh Ezekiel

Forwards need experience huh? Man City and Iheanacho.

How funny.......*smiles*

Anyway, I've never played a play station before..... Books never allowed me.... *smiles*

So uhm.... As u can see I'm not ur every day kinda "kid".....

Ciao Sir...... I do hope "Maradona" showed up at ur office too **smiles**

Bad guygringrin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:03pm On Oct 28, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria 2015 CAF U23 Championship Qualifiers Nigeria U23
Siasia blasts: Don't blame me if I fail
[/size]

Siasia - Nigeria U23 coach

Coach Samson Siasia has said he should not be held responsible should Nigeria fail to qualify for the Rio Olympics next month because his team have been treated like “orphans”.

Nigeria are drawn against Egypt, Algeria and Mali in the group phase of the Africa U23 Nations Cup in Senegal, which will serve as a qualifying tournament for next year’s Rio Olympics.

“Nigerians should know that we are not well prepared (for the championship) and I should not be held responsible for whatever happens,” blasted a bitter and dejected Siasia.

“We are orphans. We have not been paid our bonuses, while the Super Eagles were paid full bonuses even when they drew in Burkina Faso. We have been without allowances for the past nine months.

“How can you survive in this kind of situation, where you have not been paid for three months, no car, no training kits – we have to wash to wear our kits. It’s embarrassing.

“We can’t sit down quiet and die. I am tired of this place.
“The NFF keep saying they don’t have money.”

Besides the cash crunch affecting the team, Siasia repeated his complaint he has not had a full squad to train with because players have to always return to their league clubs for matches as the season hits the home stretch.

Four years ago, Nigeria failed in Morocco to qualify for the 2012 London Olympics.
[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/580081/Siasia-blasts-Dont-blame-me-if-I-fail
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:05pm On Oct 28, 2015
Showing his class as a finisher
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 10:06pm On Oct 28, 2015
1 goal 1 assists ,59'.--- Iheanacho

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.