Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,734 members, 7,844,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (701836 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria 2015 CAF U23 Championship Qualifiers Nigeria U23
Siasia blasts: Don't blame me if I fail
[/size]

Siasia - Nigeria U23 coach

Seun Olulayo remains positive that Nigeria will qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games in Brazil after the 2015 Africa U-23 Championship in Senegal.

The Sunshine Stars player, who is one of the 35 local based professionals called for the U-23 competition to select Africa's representatives to the quadrennial multisport showpiece, stated that Nigeria is a big name in African football and the level of competition in camp shows that the Dream Team VI mean business.

"It's no child play in camp ad everybody is fighting really hard to represent Nigeria at the Africa U-23 Championship in Senegal," Olulayo told Goal.

"With the level of competition in camp and the determination and efforts of the technical crew, it would be suicidal not to qualify for the Olympics.

"We are prepared and ready to pounce on any team that comes our way. All is set and we are good to go. At the All African Games, we played good football against some of the best on the continent. This time around, we will put extra efforts because we are fully aware of what is at stake."

Nigeria have been drawn in Group B of the tournament where they will face Egypt, Algeria and Mali while hosts Senegal headline Group A which has South Africa, Zambia and Tunisia.

The tournament will commence on November 28 and run till December 12.

The country missed out of the London 2012 Olympics having failed to qualify through the 2011 African U23 Championship staged in Morocco.
[/b]

allafrica.com/stories/201510280981.html
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:14pm On Oct 28, 2015
Sir Icon4s, if I were you ehn, would just go back and as Coach Eguavon to tell me something about Nacho after the match.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:21pm On Oct 28, 2015
I see Iheanacho earning more trust out there. Can he take the pk? Nope says Yaya.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
terzurum5:
Sir Icon4s, if I were you ehn, would just go back and as Coach Eguavon to tell me something about Nacho after the match.

Yeah, he is having a good game. Very encouraging from the young lad.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:39pm On Oct 28, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria/Senegal: Olulayo Sure of Olympics Football Ticket
[/size]
Seun Olulayo remains positive that Nigeria will qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games in Brazil after the 2015 Africa U-23 Championship in Senegal.

The Sunshine Stars player, who is one of the 35 local based professionals called for the U-23 competition to select Africa's representatives to the quadrennial multisport showpiece, stated that Nigeria is a big name in African football and the level of competition in camp shows that the Dream Team VI mean business.

"It's no child play in camp ad everybody is fighting really hard to represent Nigeria at the Africa U-23 Championship in Senegal," Olulayo told Goal.

"With the level of competition in camp and the determination and efforts of the technical crew, it would be suicidal not to qualify for the Olympics.

"We are prepared and ready to pounce on any team that comes our way. All is set and we are good to go. At the All African Games, we played good football against some of the best on the continent. This time around, we will put extra efforts because we are fully aware of what is at stake."

Nigeria have been drawn in Group B of the tournament where they will face Egypt, Algeria and Mali while hosts Senegal headline Group A which has South Africa, Zambia and Tunisia.

The country missed out of the London 2012 Olympics having failed to qualify through the 2011 African U23 Championship staged in Morocco.
[/b]

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:44pm On Oct 28, 2015
Icon4s:

Yeah, he is having a good game. Very encouraging from the young lad.

~Sir Icon4s ............

Do you know what I have keenly observed about you?

You always display the 'MAN' in you and show a lot of maturity even in the face of stiff opposition.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:46pm On Oct 28, 2015
Iheanacho has the one ability that guarantees success in Europe, he knows when to pass. That was the first thing that caught my mind about him, he can score an hattrick and still not seem selfish.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zuchyblink(m): 10:48pm On Oct 28, 2015
KC Nacho is riped for the Super Eagles

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:35pm On Oct 28, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria 2015 CAF U23 Championship Qualifiers Nigeria U23
Siasia blasts: Don't blame me if I fail
[/size]

Siasia - Nigeria U23 coach

[/b]

If he can't figure something out he should just go, this is the way things are all over, i don't see any warrant for his complain.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:42pm On Oct 28, 2015
[b]Kelechi Iheanacho Makes a Name For Himself As City Run Riot

Man City vs Crystal Palace - Teenager is star of the show as he scores the third and inspires hosts to comfortable victory

On a night when an interview with Kelechi Iheanacho in the Manchester City programme was entitled, ‘Remember My Name,’ it was perhaps not the best timing for the official team-sheet to spell it incorrectly, but it will not happen again if the teenager continues to perform like this.

Crystal Palace certainly know all about the Nigerian forward, having seen him score a stoppage time winner at Selhurst Park for City last month, and the 19-year-old was a thorn in their side again as he inspired Manuel Pellegrini’s team to an all-too-comfortable Capital One Cup victory at the Etihad.

Assists for Kevin De Bruyne and Manu Garcia and clinically finished second-half goal capped an impressive full debut by the youngster, incorrectly billed as ‘Iheancho’ on the City team-sheet.

Next time, they will spell his name correctly because nobody will be forgetting Iheanacho if the promise he displayed in this game is rewarded by Pellegrini with a greater involvement in the first-team.

With Sergio Aguero still sidelined with a hamstring injury sustained on international duty earlier this month, Kelechi’s pace and purpose are commodities that Pellegrini can ill afford to overlook.

With City’s 2014 Capital One Cup triumph proving to be Manuel Pellegrini’s first piece of silverware at the Etihad, the importance of this competition to the Chilean was underlined by his team selection against Palace.

Although Pellegrini made six changes from the team which started Sunday’s 0-0 draw against Manchester United at Old Trafford, it was still a starting XI packed with top-level experience, with the exception of teenage forward Kelechi Iheanacho.

But Palace manager Alan Pardew, who also made six changes to his team, arrived at the Etihad with the distinction of ending City’s reign as holders last season having guided Newcastle to a shock fourth-round victory 364 days prior to this tie.

Pardew’s subsequent success at Palace leaving Tyneside for Selhurst Park has seen the club make rapid progress as a force to be reckoned with in the Premier League and they would not have feared the trip north.

It was City that started brighter, however, with £54m midfielder Kevin De Bruyne almost opening the scoring in the second minute when he broke down the left before steering an angled shot narrowly beyond Wayne Hennessey’s far post.

Iheanacho, whose stoppage time goal at Selhurst Park in September sealed a 1-0 win for City, also threatened Palace early on in his first competitive start, shooting just wide from 20 yards before the visitors twice went close at the other end.

Yannick Bolasie should have done better when he headed Wilfried Zaha’s cross over from six yards on 12 minutes and the winger was also unable to convert from close range two minutes later after Joe Ledley’s blocked shot had dropped at his feet inside the six-yard box.

They were two good chances for DR Congo international and, with City boasting their usual array of attacking talent, they were also likely to be costly misses.

And so it proved, with Bony opening the scoring on 22 minutes with a header from 12 yards after escaping Adrian Mariappa to direct Aleksandar Kolarov’s corner into the net.

Bony has struggled for form and fitness since his £25m January arrival from Swansea, with a summer bout of malaria doing little to help him settle at the Etihad, but his header was his third goal in four games and perhaps a sign of his growing confidence in a City shirt.

Iheanacho, meanwhile, clearly has no confidence issues judging by his energetic and tenacious display.

The 19-year-old’s pace was a constant threat and it was his work down the inside right channel on 44 minutes which unlocked the door for De Bruyne to make it 2-0 and put the game beyond Palace.

Having burst to the byline, Iheanacho pulled the ball back for De Bruyne who took his tally to six goals in 11 games by arriving at the far post to tap home from close range.

With a home game against Manchester United in the Premier League on Saturday, it appeared that Palace were ready to sacrifice their cup ambitions in order to conserve energies for league commitments.

Usually such a combative opponent, Palace offered meek resistance in the second-half and it was a surprise that City had to wait until the 59th minute before Iheanacho made it 3-0 with a left-foot strike from De Bruyne’s pass.

The home side, who lost Pablo Zabaleta to a worrying knee injury, then made it 4-0 from the penalty spot on 75 minutes after Yaya Toure scored following Damien Delaney’s foul on Eliaquim Mangala.

Delaney made amends by heading a consolation for Palace in the 89th minute, but Garcia made it five in stoppage time to restore City’s four-goal margin.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/league-cup/11961176html[/b]

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:24am On Oct 29, 2015
Is this Siasia's way of giving us a heads up for his eventual failure?

who we go blame if no be am? Very silly talk from him, so if they are successful, who do we blame? Not him I suppose. If he can't take the heat, he should get out, we can't be wasting money on someone who doesn't want to take responsibility for failure

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:48am On Oct 29, 2015
safarigirl:
Is this Siasia's way of giving us a heads up for his eventual failure?

who we go blame if no be am? Very silly talk from him, so if they are successful, who do we blame? Not him I suppose. If he can't take the heat, he should get out, we can't be wasting money on someone who doesn't want to take responsibility for failure

Don't mind him. At this crutial time of both the Nigerian and Europian leagues u are expecting to camp players for 1month plus.

Anyways i will also blame CAF for the wrong timing of d competition.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by eterisan(m): 6:47am On Oct 29, 2015
That boy kelechi is a baller.. Cased closed. Good to see that coach Manuel Pellegrini knows his qualites that he is not a bix striker and that he has an eye for a pass. When Bony was substituted it was Patrick Roberts that went up top not kelechi. The last time I was this excited about watching naija players in the epl knowing they would giv a performance was the days of Okocha, KANU and Martins.. I am so excited

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:52am On Oct 29, 2015
On Siasia's defence, How can he receive any blame if we fail? Are the NFF members crazy? How can they abandon this team like this and even the CHAN team get better treatment.

These guys do not even have kits. Oliseh would never work in such situation. These guys have money to fly Oliseh's Super Eagles overseas for a friendly game and our Olympic Super Eagles do not get allowances for nine months.

The coaches have not received any pay for three months while Oliseh get paid three months in advance. Is that not injustice?

How can the managers and coaching group cope. The fact of the matter is Siasia is working in a hell condition. The NFF Members want him to fail. If he fails, no one should blame Siasia because it will not be his fault at all.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:23am On Oct 29, 2015
Saw this on Blue Moon Forum.

I think Pellegrinis words on the OS sum up exactly how I see him ATM.

Needs to work on his touch, certainly with his back to goal, and could sometimes release the ball a little sooner. BUT HE'S OTHERWISE THERE and it goes to show that if you're good enough and ready to progress from the academy then there will be chances. The lads only 19, a great prospect.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:30am On Oct 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Pellegrini: Kelechi Iheanacho is more than a finisher[/size]

Manuel Pellegrini hailed new Blue hero Kelechi Iheanacho for his goalscoring full debut … but it was the two assists that really made the boss smile.

And the Engineer, usually reticent to lavish praise on individuals, especially young ones, said he had “no doubts” the Nigerian has a big future.

His performance evoked memories of Daniel Sturridge – and he has the same self-confident swagger, on and off the field.

The 19-year-old grabbed the attention as the Blues cruised into the League Cup quarter-finals with a 5-1 thrashing of Crystal Palace to set up a home tie with Championship side Hull.

But for Pellegrini, the way he squared the ball for Kevin de Bruyne to score the second, and then expertly teed up Manu Garcia for his first City goal, meant much more.

“Kelechi for me is not just a finisher,” said Pellegrini. “He played very well. He must improve his control.

“But he always played with his head up so he made two important assists. He set up Kevin de Bruyne and after that, with more space, made a goal for Manu Garcia.

“He can play behind the striker and arrive in the box to finish, as he did for his goal.

“It was very important for him to make a very good performance - he is a very good player.

“He is not just a striker, because he assisted two goals, and I am very happy for him. He must continue working. He has a lot of things to improve but I am very happy for him.”

Performing so well in the League Cup is one thing – but Pellegrini will weigh up his options before deciding whether to stick with the kid when Norwich come to town in the league on Saturday.

But Pellegrini said he can see a big future ahead for him: “I don’t have any doubts - I see how he works every day. His personality is also one of the important things. He can play a lot of games in the Premier League.

“I am sure he will improve a lot - he is very young.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-kelechi-iheanacho-more-10350070[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:15am On Oct 29, 2015
^^^^^^
@The Above

Honestly, I've been keenly going through all the versions of Pellegrini's thoughts/comments on Nacho after the game from the different media houses including MCFC's official website.......

And I must say that I'm certain Coach Pellegrini sees "another Messi" and "even more" in this lad....

Comment highlights:

-"He's not just a striker".... What else could this mean? The coach sees a striker and "much more"........ He sees his "Vision" and "eye for that pass", he sees even "more indeed"

-"For me, He's not just a finisher"..... Hahahahaha.... Halleluyah!!!! It's clear Pellegrini sees a "super dynamic" Attacking "Monster" in this kid..... One in the "Messi/C.Ronaldo/David Silva" Mega mold....

Let's go Nacho.... Keep working those socks off...... The Sky is only the "starting point".

****SMILES****

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 10:20am On Oct 29, 2015
@ Joseph , thanks for the update ,the best of iheanacho can be seen if he plays behind a striker , and he can make a yakubu look like lewandoskii. if u watch the highlight of his goal and assists , he made the 2 scorer debruyne and Garcia very comfortable to slot in d goals and he took his chance even when he's not comfortable , compare to the chances debruyne and bony missed . I will want him to keep improving ,because he is not there yet " in icons voice. Nice game though .

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:44am On Oct 29, 2015
Thanks Sir GoodJoe......*smiles*

"HE'S OTHERWISE THERE......."

Can someone pls drop the "he's not there yet" SONG??!!!!!

Nacho is still growing, developing and evolving..... But he's "OTHERWISE THERE" according to Pellegrini in that he can "ROLL WITH THE BIG BOYS RIGHT NOW" even though HE CAN BE MORE..... And will definitely "get better."

**Smiles**

TheGoodJoe:
Saw this on Blue Moon Forum.

I think Pellegrinis words on the OS sum up exactly how I see him ATM.

Needs to work on his touch, certainly with his back to goal, and could sometimes release the ball a little sooner. BUT HE'S OTHERWISE THERE and it goes to show that if you're good enough and ready to progress from the academy then there will be chances. The lads only 19, a great prospect.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 11:01am On Oct 29, 2015
Some UnConfirmed Reports Are Circulatn Already That Kelechi Iheanacho and Obafemi Martins av bin shortlistd 4 d World Cup Qualifier Against Swaziland by Coach Sunday Oliseh. The List Has Been Submitted To The NFF bt nt yet released to d public.
One Thing Is That The Guy's Senior Team Debut May Be Delayed But It Is Inevitable

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:09pm On Oct 29, 2015
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]Pellegrini: Kelechi Iheanacho is more than a finisher[/size]

Manuel Pellegrini hailed new Blue hero Kelechi Iheanacho for his goalscoring full debut … but it was the two assists that really made the boss smile.

And the Engineer, usually reticent to lavish praise on individuals, especially young ones, said he had “no doubts” the Nigerian has a big future.

His performance evoked memories of Daniel Sturridge – and he has the same self-confident swagger, on and off the field.

The 19-year-old grabbed the attention as the Blues cruised into the League Cup quarter-finals with a 5-1 thrashing of Crystal Palace to set up a home tie with Championship side Hull.

But for Pellegrini, the way he squared the ball for Kevin de Bruyne to score the second, and then expertly teed up Manu Garcia for his first City goal, meant much more.

“Kelechi for me is not just a finisher,” said Pellegrini. “He played very well. He must improve his control.

“But he always played with his head up so he made two important assists. He set up Kevin de Bruyne and after that, with more space, made a goal for Manu Garcia.

“He can play behind the striker and arrive in the box to finish, as he did for his goal.

“It was very important for him to make a very good performance - he is a very good player.

“He is not just a striker, because he assisted two goals, and I am very happy for him. He must continue working. He has a lot of things to improve but I am very happy for him.”

Performing so well in the League Cup is one thing – but Pellegrini will weigh up his options before deciding whether to stick with the kid when Norwich come to town in the league on Saturday.

But Pellegrini said he can see a big future ahead for him: “I don’t have any doubts - I see how he works every day. His personality is also one of the important things. He can play a lot of games in the Premier League.

“I am sure he will improve a lot - he is very young.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-kelechi-iheanacho-more-10350070[/b]

Very correct he is so much more than a striker, i am glad Pellegrini can see the obvious and this will mean more playing time for Nacho so when Aguero returns he might still be playing regularly.
I am not too overly concerned about his control although i did notice it but we have to chuck that up to being nervous, this was his first start in a non friendly match i give him a 8 out of 10. His teammates must trust him more and allow him to express himself, i almost jumped in the tv to confront KDB for not passing to Nacho but that didn't bother him he still gave him his goal when most players young and old would have gone for goal. That moment to me was the arrival of Iheanacho to Man City, it was like an ice breaker in his relationship with his team.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by vansly(m): 12:57pm On Oct 29, 2015
Good day all. am always pissed off by people asking others to pay them for games or inviting people to send them whatsapp messages, its all poo. From hence forth i ll be posting games for free, please i want you to know that i am not perfect but if you make your choice wisely, you are guaranteed of sure profit daily. Enough talk, here are the games below;
*ITALY SERIA A
Sampdoria - Empoli ---- UNDER 2.5 GOALS.

*BELGIUM JUPITER LEAGUE
Kortrijk - Anderlecht ----UNDER 2.5 GOALS

*TURKEY SUPER LEAGUE
Mersin – Basaksehir-------Under 2.5 goals
Osmanlispor – Fenerbahce---2
Galatasaray – Eskisehirspor------1 FIRST HALF WIN

*RUSSIAN CUP
Krasnodar - Anzhi-----------Over 2.5 goals
Lokomotiv Moscow - Amkar---------1

*SWISS CUP
Schaffhausen - Sion-------2
Winterthur - Lugano--------NO BTTS
Young Boys - Zurich--------BTTS

Please try to be wise when choosing, maybe next time i ll try to post a ticket. Bye
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2015
Sir Icon4s... Please go interview Eguavoen again and let see if he now know better..

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:37pm On Oct 29, 2015
Belgian media aren't impressed with Gent's Moses Simon.

Belgian newspaper Sportwereld have been highly critical of Gent forward Moses Simon - and chairman Ivan De Witte has responded to the recent criticism for the youngster.
Simon, 20, joined Gent from Slovakian side Trencin back in January, and made a roaring start to life with the club, hitting seven goals in 20 games.
Expectations were high as the diminutive speedster entered his first full season with the club, but it's fair to say that he hasn't lived up to the billing so far.
With no goals to his name this season, Simon has struggled to replicate his form from last term - and Sportwereld have been critical of his performances.
"Moses Simon made a great impression on his debut in the Jupiler Pro League, but the impact of the Nigerian youngster has decreased already for several months now," they wrote. "But what the cause of the poor performance is right now, AA Gent really rather not communicate."
Recent speculation from the Daily Mail has linked the wide man with a January move to Tottenham Hotspur, with Mauricio Pochettino's men still looking for additions in the final third, and it would be fair to wonder whether the rumours have got in to Simon's head - though chairman De Witte has stated that they still believe in Simon, and are giving him medical treatment to help him get back to full tilt.
"We're giving Simon very good medical treatment and guidance," said chairman Ivan De Witte. "I expect that we will see the Simon of last year again in January. We now need him to keep coming back to level. I still believe in that boy," he added.
Simon's situation is intriguing now, with rumours over a January transfer and now medical issues cited, and if Spurs truly are pursuing his signature, Pochettino and the Tottenham scouts should think twice before making a move in the New Year, with the youngster having a tough time in Belgium right now.
List page image © jbdodane

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/22/belgian-press-criticise-moses-simon-amid-spurs-speculation-gent/
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:20pm On Oct 29, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

If he can't figure something out he should just go, this is the way things are all over, i don't see any warrant for his complain.

[b]Seriously some one has left his family, friends and probably his social life to serve his father land without prompt payment of his salaries and allowances, and this is all you can say about his complaints?

How many of these NFF top executive can go on without pay for 3 months? Are you also aware that the Olympic Team were doing 'wash & wear' (they where in Congo with just one pair of training kits which they normally wash after every match, I saw post like that by Sir Orkpekyandega) during the AAGs? When Federal Government had even released funds earlier and enuogh for the tournament.

Coach Samson Siasia, no doubt is a smart guy, knowing fully well how much this Olympic ticket means to NFF in particular and Nigerians at large, deems it fit to cry out now or never.

The NFF in its history has never been known for respecting and honouring Coaches' Contracts.

Therefore, Coach SiaOne has just done what every ordinary Nigerian would do.
If you doubt me ask Mr. Stephen Keshi whose romance with the NFF meant he could go for over 7 months or more without Salaries and allowances of the Coaching and backroom Staff.

If he Siaone does not act now, he may have to wait for so long, like Keshi did if not more.

I repeat, Coach Samson Siasia is not just a Nigerian, but an ex-International that needs all the respect he so deserve and must be treated by his employers as one.
CC: BascoVanVeli, TheGoodJoe, Safarigirl, Icon4s, Icon4ss.
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 8:26pm On Oct 29, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
Belgian media aren't impressed with Gent's Moses Simon.

Belgian newspaper Sportwereld have been highly critical of Gent forward Moses Simon - and chairman Ivan De Witte has responded to the recent criticism for the youngster.
Simon, 20, joined Gent from Slovakian side Trencin back in January, and made a roaring start to life with the club, hitting seven goals in 20 games.
Expectations were high as the diminutive speedster entered his first full season with the club, but it's fair to say that he hasn't lived up to the billing so far.
With no goals to his name this season, Simon has struggled to replicate his form from last term - and Sportwereld have been critical of his performances.
"Moses Simon made a great impression on his debut in the Jupiler Pro League, but the impact of the Nigerian youngster has decreased already for several months now," they wrote. "But what the cause of the poor performance is right now, AA Gent really rather not communicate."
Recent speculation from the Daily Mail has linked the wide man with a January move to Tottenham Hotspur, with Mauricio Pochettino's men still looking for additions in the final third, and it would be fair to wonder whether the rumours have got in to Simon's head - though chairman De Witte has stated that they still believe in Simon, and are giving him medical treatment to help him get back to full tilt.
"We're giving Simon very good medical treatment and guidance," said chairman Ivan De Witte. "I expect that we will see the Simon of last year again in January. We now need him to keep coming back to level. I still believe in that boy," he added.
Simon's situation is intriguing now, with rumours over a January transfer and now medical issues cited, and if Spurs truly are pursuing his signature, Pochettino and the Tottenham scouts should think twice before making a move in the New Year, with the youngster having a tough time in Belgium right now.
List page image © jbdodane

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/22/belgian-press-criticise-moses-simon-amid-spurs-speculation-gent/

In my opinion, NZ caused his dip in form.... The worst was ..he didn't even make the best use of his time at NZ... No thanks to Manu & Co... He needs some break... He'll come good
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:50pm On Oct 29, 2015
terzurum5:

[b]Seriously some one has left his family, friends and probably his social life to serve his father land without prompt payment of his salaries and allowances, and this is all you can say about his complaints?

How many of these NFF top executive can go on without pay for 3 months? Are you also aware that the Olympic Team were doing 'wash & wear' (they where in Congo with just one pair of training kits which they normally wash after every match, I saw post like that by Sir Orkpekyandega) during the AAGs? When Federal Government had even released funds earlier and enuogh for the tournament.

Coach Samson Siasia, no doubt is a smart guy, knowing fully well how much this Olympic ticket means to NFF in particular and Nigerians at large, deems it fit to cry out now or never.

The NFF in its history has never been known for respecting and honouring Coaches' Contracts.

Therefore, Coach SiaOne has just done what every ordinary Nigerian would do.
If you doubt me ask Mr. Stephen Keshi whose romance with the NFF meant he could go for over 7 months or more without Salaries and allowances of the Coaching and backroom Staff.

If he Siaone does not act now, he may have to wait for so long, like Keshi did if not more.

I repeat, Coach Samson Siasia is not just a Nigerian, but an ex-International that needs all the respect he so deserve and must be treated by his employers as one.
CC: BascoVanVeli, TheGoodJoe, Safarigirl, Icon4s, Icon4ss.
[/b]

Let me tell you this Nigeria is not the only country that people have worked without pay, it happens in Turkey, Russia, Italy and even the U.S. How about our former super falcon coach Okon who didn't get paid for over 2 years. Inasmuch as i sympathize with his plight i still will not accept is my coach setting up excuses for his failure before a match is even played, Siasia is better than that, I am sure when he coached in 2008 things weren't perfect but he still made do with what he had. Plus what he is really complaining about is not having his players in camp and i don't blame the teams why should they release their players with their league closing up.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 9:58pm On Oct 29, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Iheanacho: It’s Tough Competing With Aguero, Bony
[/size]

By James Agberebi:

Nigeria teenage sensation, Kelechi Iheanacho, has expressed confidence that he has what it takes to command a regular spot with English Premier League leaders Manchester City despite the tough competition in the centre forward position.

Iheanacho made this remarks after his Man-of-the-Match performance against Crystal Palace in the Capital One Cup which City won 5-1 on Wednesday night.

After opening his EPL account against Palace, Iheanacho capped a wonderful display with a goal and two assists against Alan Pardew’s men, helping City progress into the quarter-finals.

Speaking to Manchester City TV, Iheanacho said he was thrilled with his contribution to the win.

“I did very well in the game (against Crystal Palace), helping my team-mates, working together with them, scoring a great
goal so I’m happy,” Iheanacho said.

“I know I have the quality to prove myself anytime I’m given the chance. So anytime I’m on the pitch, I just try to really work hard and play to the instruction of the coach, try and score a goal, that’s what I’m working on.

“It’s quite difficult trying to play when you have strikers like Sergio Aguero, Wilfred Bony ahead of you. They are top professionals who have played in a lot of games and competitions.

“I’m just coming up, I need to work hard everyday and hopefully I will break in.”
He went on to thank some of City’s senior players for their support.

“Wilfred (Bony) helps me a lot, he talks to me everytime. Also, the likes of Yaya (Toure), Sergio (Aguero), Silva (David) and Samir (Nasri). They talk to me a lot, advising me to work hard, so I’m happy being with them.”
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/iheanacho-its-tough-competing-with-aguero-bony/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:06pm On Oct 29, 2015
I am proud and happy for Iheanacho but i still can't understand why Success didn't make it and Iwobi again huh so much for u-23 only.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:33pm On Oct 29, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Let me tell you this Nigeria is not the only country that people have worked without pay, it happens in Turkey, Russia, Italy and even the U.S. How about our former super falcon coach Okon who didn't get paid for over 2 years. Inasmuch as i sympathize with his plight i still will not accept is my coach setting up excuses for his failure before a match is even played, Siasia is better than that, I am sure when he coached in 2008 things weren't perfect but he still made do with what he had. Plus what he is really complaining about is not having his players in camp and i don't blame the teams why should they release their players with their league closing up.

Let us not side something wrong. It is unfair that Oliseh's teams are operating on a different planet while Siasia's team is gnashing their teeths.

If the NFF continues treating Siasia's players and his coaching staffs like this, then if Siasia fails, no one should blame him. Oliseh gets three months advance payment while Siasia who is earning less than Oliseh gets three months no pay.

Is that not ridiculous? What motivation will these boys have if they do not get their bonuses and they keep managing one kit.

I see that the NFF is out to sabotage this U23 team and it is so unfair.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:40pm On Oct 29, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Please can you tell me when the Italian, Russian or Turkish National team coach went a month without Pay? I do not like unfair and partial argument. The NFF is wrong here and if Siasia fails, it is absolutely not his fault.

Just as people blamed Coach Keshi for failing when he did not even have a contract for over Seven months. Ridiculous.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:15am On Oct 30, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Please can you tell me when the Italian, Russian or Turkish National team coach went a month without Pay? I do not like unfair and partial argument. The NFF is wrong here and if Siasia fails, it is absolutely not his fault.

Just as people blamed Coach Keshi for failing when he did not even have a contract for over Seven months. Ridiculous.

As of January this year Fabio Capello the Russian national team coach had not received a payment since June of 2014. Last year Parma were pretty much relegated for not being able to pay its players, their fans even had to buy their equipment at auction and donate it back but yet at the end of the season with nothing to gain they beat Juventus a candidate for story of the year. Lastly Galatasary in 2014 owed a few of their players salary including Wesley Sneider who was owed 1 million euros by the club. All these people i have mentioned had the choice to either continue or stay and most of them chose to. The fact is coaching or playing for Nigeria is something that people will pay to do so if the conditions are too harsh he should quit but the truth is, in everything we do we should expect obstacles, we have to find way around them and not pout or look for sympathy. The man gets the chance again to lead the best country in the world to the Olympics, conditions or no conditions this should be a proud moment for him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.