Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH (45812 Views)

Shocking:video Of A Nigerian Soldiers Hand To Hand Combat With BH Militant / Pix:with Such Weapons With BH, Why Won't Soldiers Run? / Murderous And Mindless Buhari/APC Has Reached A New All Time Low !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by lillyjane(f): 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2014
There is more to this ceasefire agreement. Why is it now that PDP needs a return to the presidential villa that the deal is being signed? For over 6months since the girls were kidnapped yet nothing was done. I see this as PDP's election strategy but I ain't voting them in.

Click my signature for natural home remedies and beauty tips.
Thanks.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
experimentist:
your father selfish! So that you and your goons will tag him a boko haram leader and sponsor abi! Thunder blast your black stinky assss!

Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by emmygzy(m): 6:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
Na janj@weeds I wrote nairaland change it to supporters of APC so have taken janj@weeds as their trademark
you got me laughing, so they now know that APC supporters are janjaaweeds. Thats so good

1 Like

Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by ozo13(m): 6:43pm On Oct 17, 2014
U for tell d king of ya village make e help us negotiate.if buhari had tried DAT, am sure they wld HV nailed him down wt it by now .
Ngwakwe:

This is what Gen Buhari would have achieved for his beloved country had he accepted to mediate on Bokoharam behalf in Saudi Arabia when they nominated him.

We have lost unaccountable innocent Nigerians and properties worth billions of dollars including the defence budget wasted in the fight against these monsters, only for the selfish Buhari to borrow money to contest for president of a country he refused to sacrifice a little for its citizens.

Say no to Buhari, he is too selfish.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by Davidbee(m): 6:53pm On Oct 17, 2014
I just hope BH Force will conduct their graduate trainee recruitment after the ceasefire woreva
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by ozo13(m): 6:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
The three men in d pix tells it all tongue.don't involve buhari in dis.d last man on tie was d founder of boko haram
Ngwakwe:

This is what Gen Buhari would have achieved for his beloved country had he accepted to mediate on Bokoharam behalf in Saudi Arabia when they nominated him.

We have lost unaccountable innocent Nigerians and properties worth billions of dollars including the defence budget wasted in the fight against these monsters, only for the selfish Buhari to borrow money to contest for president of a country he refused to sacrifice a little for its citizens.

Say no to Buhari, he is too selfish.

Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by NellyGhenghen(m): 7:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
McLuhan:
If indeed the FG has reached a ceasefire agreement with BH and if that ceasefire leads to the release of the Chibok girls, then that would be real cause for celebration. I do hope, I sincerely do hope, that this story turns out to be true. But we should not delude ourselves that this marks the end of the insurgency. Nor should we even think that these jihadists will necessarily keep their promises. The truth is that the Chibok saga, as tragic as it is, has become an instrument of political blackmail. Believe it or not, those who oppose Goodluck Jonathan do not want those girls released -- at least not now. They think it would be too much of an electoral bonus, a public relations bonanza for him. This is realpolitik; it has nothing to do with how competent or incompetent Jonathan is. And for your information, I don't think Jonathan is exactly a paragon of presidential competence, to put it very mildly.

Furthermore, as we read stories about how negotiations are taking place in Saudi Arabia (some have also mentioned Qatar), it should raise certain questions: Why Saudi Arabia? Why should terrorists feel safe to hold their negotiations there? What is the role of that country's government and its nationals in Boko Haram? If, as some people argue, Boko Haram has nothing to do with Islam, why should it choose the birthplace of Islam and the most islamic country in the world as its base for negotiations?

Nigerians, ponder on these things and be wise! These times call for vigilance and prayer. Just my humble opinion.

Dude no one gives a Bleep about this novel you just wrote. Its not even in line with the topic. angry wasted front age
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by arabbunkum: 7:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
It's not over yet until it's really over.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by BodyKiss(m): 7:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
So much for capturing and killing thousands of Boko Haram members.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by alakid: 7:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
Can the checkpoints be dismounted and people be allowed to resume their normal livelihoods since the terrorist and government has reached a pact?
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by IYANGBALI: 7:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
kingphilip:

bros i doubt ur signature if no b true blue u b because we no de leave that place lialia
I have spoked my own
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by zeennurei(m): 7:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
Hmmmm..........they reach a cease fire after approval of $1B to fight insurgency while not long ago the president says he can't negotiate with a faceless group. Dia ris God woo!
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by yazz09(m): 7:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
OK if they finish negotiations with them they will go free or what? After killing thousands of innocent people, they now have the right to start making demands.

This is a very bad move by government. And I strongly believe that they will demand for amnesty which FG will willingly grant, while graduates dey roam the streets hungry, uneducated illiterates will be scooping thousands of naira from FG every month just because they agreed to stop terrorism.

For me even if they sign any cease fire agreement, they will be charged for all the crimes that they have committed all these years.

Thank you.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by careless(m): 7:20pm On Oct 17, 2014
some reason with their ass,after seeing what is threading on dis boko haram issue.by now anyone dat still relates it to being islamic,suach person is nt in existence.choosing saudi Arabi or any Islamic country as a place of negotiating is jst to maintain d confusion on ground.both parties re d same,so if dey like dey negotiate inside kahaba,it is still political
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by kingphilip(m): 7:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
IYANGBALI:
I have spoked my own
can u come and spoketh the correct thing

because that top na my birthright this season o
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by Adminisher: 7:30pm On Oct 17, 2014
saintikechi:
I hope its true, i hope they release the girls. "GEJ till 2019"

Your GEJ has just made a deal with terrorists. The worst part is not the deal itself, it is that as usual he has left it too late till they have all become pregnant for demons. He is now going to release hardened terrorists from prison and maybe give them money to start new lives. Maybe some of them will even go into politics after amnesty. Please think and be honest to yourself, is this the kind of President Nigeria deserves?.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by Adminisher: 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2014
ozo13:
The three men in d pix tells it all tongue.don't involve buhari in dis.d last man on tie was d founder of boko haram

Say No to Jonathan. He is cowardly, selfish and clueless.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by kingphilip(m): 7:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
IYANGBALI:
I have spoked my own

Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by IYANGBALI: 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
kingphilip:

time will tell
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by Redhot111(m): 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
meforyou1:
which nonsense ceasefire. those bokos use the period to recoup, so the military should go after them and kill them all. and danladi their representative
my broda I totally agree with u. Terrorists don't always cease fire for good, except d fight is turning against dem. so dis is d best time for our army to hit dem harder vid d tide is certainly flowing against dem n dey are losing d war fast n as such dey are desperate for an agreement. If u ask me, dis is d best time to wipe dem off.

1 Like

Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by flexxygurl(f): 7:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
lillyjane:
There is more to this ceasefire agreement. Why is it now that PDP needs a return to the presidential villa that the deal is being signed? For over 6months since the girls were kidnapped yet nothing was done. I see this as PDP's election strategy but I ain't voting them in.

Click my signature for natural home remedies and beauty tips.
Thanks.

You want me to click your signature for beauty tips and yet the trash above proceeds from you? I think I'll pass!
GEJ till 2019 grin

1 Like

Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by kingphilip(m): 8:02pm On Oct 17, 2014
IYANGBALI:
time will tell
time will only confirm wat I told u
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by VirginFinder: 8:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
Bullshiiiiiiit!!!!!!

Where is the Nigerian Army that crushed Biafra unconditionally?

Where is the Nigerian Army that crushed MEND unconditionally?

OMG!

I consider anything short of flushing the insurgents out of every part of the country a total failure.

On a second thought, the proposed release of the Chibok girls serves as a form of consolation.

But then...
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
So PDP and FG actually used the Chibok girls to play politics?
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by otokx(m): 8:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
Whats the point of a ceasefire when billions have been spent on arms? looks like the army was only winning the war on pages of newspaper. One day will be one day.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by icannotbefooled: 8:27pm On Oct 17, 2014
For me and thousands of my muslim and christian brodas and sixtas this is very sad... To many innocent lives lost, just to many...nothing can feel the void in my heart. This news was due 4yrs ago...this is sad!
God 4give bad people sad
If realy this is a game to the govt. This is very very sad...help me stop crying.
Too many innocent gone, children turn orphans. Wives turn widows.
Wake up Naija
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by anonimi: 8:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
barcanista:
So PDP and FG actually used the Chibok girls to play politics?

You are probably also not aware of this old news story =>

Boko Haram wants talks ...picks Buhari as mediator, Saudi Arabia venue ...demands ex-gov's arrest, compensation
November 2, 2012

THE violent Islamic sect, Boko Haram, on Thursday indicated its readiness to end its campaign of violence but on the conditions that ex-Borno State Governor Modu Sheriff was arrested and peace talks held in Saudi Arabia.

Also, the sect is asking for compensation for families of its members killed in the course of its terrorist acts and the rebuilding of its mosques by the Federal Government.

It also demanded the release of all its members in the custody of security agencies.

Abu Mohammed Ibn Abdulaziz, the second-in-command to the sect's leader, Abubakar Shekau, gave the conditions on Thursday during a radio conference with journalists in Maiduguri, Borno State.

Abdulaziz did not explain why the group wanted Sheriff arrested.

Just on Wednesday, the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, said Sheriff and Senators Ali Ndume and Ahmed Zanna had been put under surveillance to determine their alleged links with the sect.

The three have been variously fingered as financiers of the group

Abdulaziz named a former Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari; Dr. Shettima Monguno; a former Yobe State Governor, Bukar Ibrahim; Ambassador Gaji Galtimari; and Aisha Alkali Wakil, and her husband, Alkali as "trusted" Nigerians it would be ready to negotiate with in Saudi Arabia.

On the sect's team would be Abdulaziz, Abu Abbas, Sheikh Ibrahim Yusuf, Sheikh Sani Kontogora and Mamman Nur.

Abdulaziz said, "We are not actually challenging the state, as people are saying, but the security (forces) that are killing our members, children and wives.

"We are highly offended but if this government is sincere, everything (the attacks) will come to an end. We want to dialogue but government must show sincerity in its handling of the situation."

More than 1,000 persons have been killed in attacks on places of worship, military and police facilities as well as drinking joints since the sect launched its war against the government in 2009.

Last year, suicide bombers from the sect attacked the Police headquarters and the UN Building, in Abuja, killing 44 persons. On last Christmas Day, Boko Haram also attacked St Theresa's Catholic Church, Madalla, Niger State, killing at least 46 parishioners.

It has subsequently attacked several other worship centres, including the St. Rita's Catholic Church in Kaduna last Sunday.

Before now, the Federal Government had made several claims that it was in dialogue with the sect but Abdulaziz said there had been no contact between Boko Haram and the government. He said the sect wants the talk outside the country because the government had proved not to be trustworthy.

The PUNCH could not verify the identity of the man , who claimed to be Abdulaziz even as there were minor inconsistencies in the communication between him and the journalists on Thursday.

Apart from the fact that Abdulaziz is not the usual official spokesman for the sect, he spoke in English Language instead of the Hausa/Arabic that the sect is known for .

But, the Presidency on Thursday said the proposed ceasefire by Boko Haram was a welcome development, if it was intended to achieve the objectives of peace and security.

Presidential spokesman, Reuben Abati, said the position of President Goodluck Jonathan had been that he was ready for dialogue if members of the sect could come forward.

He said, "Yes, I have seen the story in which the Boko Haram is reportedly declaring a ceasefire and the opening of dialogue. I think it is important to restate the position of government in this matter.

"The Federal Government is committed to peace and security for the benefit of all Nigerians.

" If what the proposed ceasefire is intended to achieve are the objectives of peace and security, then it is a welcome development.

"Don't forget that President Jonathan made it clear that if the people behind Boko Haram are ready to come forward, and table their grievances, then government will be willing to listen to those grievances.

"There have been attempts before now, by concerned persons to reach out to the Boko Haram through back channels, in response to government's call that all efforts should be made to resolve the problem. I suspect that this latest development may be related to that."

From: http://www.punchng.com/news/boko-haram-wants-talks/

If only General Muhammadu Buhari had played the role of a responsible elder statesman and facilitated the negotiations two years ago, so many innocent lives would have been saved.

1 Like

Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by dvee2: 8:59pm On Oct 17, 2014
Thank God
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by Trustyd1(m): 9:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
Cease what? No way, they could have arrested that son of a bitch we don't know to negotiate with those Devils incarnates.
Kill them all, I no longer believe they are in possession of any girl at all.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by joseph1832(m): 9:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
And what will happen to those who were blown to smitherings?, those who lost properties?, those who were misplaced?, those who lost loved ones?, those who lost limbs and body parts?, those who were slaughtered like rams meant for illeya?.

I tell you: This government has failed us tremendously, the innocent blood shed will cry out loud just like the blood of Abel cried out in the Bible.

We should all weep that our government can not even quell this Boko Haram insurgency instead they decide to agree to a useless cease fire. A cease fire talk that the spokes man for Boko Haram Abubakar Shekau whom everybody in the known galaxy knows did not even attend.
Re: The Federal Government Of Nigeria Says It Has Reached A Ceasefire Deal With BH by juman(m): 9:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
Yinmu.

Tortoise and rabbit story.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hilda Dokubo Addresses 'Obidients' In Port Harcourt Rally (Video, Photo) / Kogi State Election Public Notice Coming From INEC / Benue Rerun: Ortom Extends Lead Margin Over Jime As INEC Releases Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.