Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids (14804 Views)

How Much Should I Give Her For Monthly Upkeep / DOUBLE TRAGEDY: 2 Kids Corpses Found In Deep Freezer / Woman Arrested For Leaving Her 2 Kids Alone Abroad To Attend Wedding In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by saponification: 4:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
Hello houz,a close friend of mine came to see me today n she complained bitterly dat her hubby abroad sends her 50 thousand naira every month for her upkeep n dat of her 2 kids.accordin to her,d 50k is for everytin excluding houz rent n her children's skul fees.from her breakdown,d money is not always enough cos she buys fuel for her car n gen,pay NEPA bill,buy cookin gas,pay hospital bill when ssickness comes n above all her 1 year plus baby takes so much money in terms of cerelac(not less than 4 tins a month at 1500 each tin),SMA milk(not less than 2 tins @ 3900 each) and pampers.apart from d above stated expenses,she will also buy her soap,cream,her children's own,her perfume n other stuffs.then once in a while she or her children will need clothes(cos hubby does not send). The issue now is dat she've given hubby a breakdown of these expenses n begged for increament of her allowance(even if not monthly,at least some months) but her hubby refused sayin some families use less of dat amount monthly.she is confused n do not know what else to do(she's been lookin for a job witout success so far).I advised her the best way I could but I am bringin it here to get more suggestions on how she can best handle dis situation.pls give ur opininos cos she was even asking me if I think she is not economical,if its her fault dat the 50k monthly upkeep is not enough for her n d a2 kids
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by morefire: 4:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
saponification:
Hello houz,a close friend of mine came to see me today n she complained bitterly dat her hubby abroad sends her 50 thousand naira every month for her upkeep n dat of her 2 kids.accordin to her,d 50k is for everytin excluding houz rent n her children's skul fees.from her breakdown,d money is not always enough cos she buys fuel for her car n gen,pay NEPA bill,buy cookin gas,pay hospital bill when ssickness comes n above all her 1 year plus baby takes so much money in terms of cerelac(not less than 4 tins a month at 1500 each tin),SMA milk(not less than 2 tins @ 3900 each) and pampers.apart from d above stated expenses,she will also buy her soap,cream,her children's own,her perfume n other stuffs.then once in a while she or her children will need clothes(cos hubby does not send). The issue now is dat she've given hubby a breakdown of these expenses n begged for increament of her allowance(even if not monthly,at least some months) but her hubby refused sayin some families use less of dat amount monthly.she is confused n do not know what else to do(she's been lookin for a job witout success so far).I advised her the best way I could but I am bringin it here to get more suggestions on how she can best handle dis situation.pls give ur opininos cos she was even asking me if I think she is not economical,if its her fault dat the 50k monthly upkeep is not enough for her n d a2 kids

its left you and how you want your kids to grow...

but in a modest way of life No sir its not enough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 17, 2014
Well well well, she should just learn to be more conservative and try to set her priority when it comes to expenses and at least save a little to start a buisness or something.

2 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by arimahoseloka(m): 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2014
I think 50k should be enough. except u already have a very high taste and don't know how to fall back on more economic options. please try and use the money wisely am sure if u managed it well it should be just enough.

4 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by MaleoPearls(m): 4:21pm On Oct 17, 2014
Now. Yes N50,000 monthly allowance for her and her 2 kids will be enough is she's not extravagant. She needs to try and endure a little hardship because "out of SWEAT, comes SWEET." Since she has complained to the husband and he's not reasoning with her, she should try and start a business, not just any business but a business she feels will blosom within their locality. And if she can reason with the landlord of her apartment to spare her the next rent for maybe 4 to 6 months so that she can invest in her business. She can even tell him she'll pay back with a little interest. She should not touch the children's fees though as that would be detrimental. So YES 50,000 Naira monthly upkeep will do only when she stops consuming all and start investing some. #MYCANDIDOPINION

1 Like

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Iranoladun(f): 4:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
If she's not working then let her find ways to manage the 50K.

What happen to introducing baby to ogi (brown pap) and a bit of cerelac to cut down on cost? The pap is organic and natural. Pampers can be used during the night or when she's going out to scale down on pampers cost . Generator can be switched off when the weather is cool or as a rule at 10pm or 12 midnight.

She should examine her cost profile and try to find less expensive alternatives. We cultivated expensive taste and we can also scale down to less expensive ones. She should also avoid buying things on impulse without adequate budget or planning. My two cents!

27 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by sexymoma(f): 4:39pm On Oct 17, 2014
Let not forget 50k is another family man's salary o... angry

Na every month she dey buy perf angry
Na every month she dey buy cream angry
Na every month her pikin dem dey sick angry

Let her say the truth, she want to be saving from the 50k angry

16 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
Sipping kunnu....waiting for the internet feminists to come and bash the husband

1 Like

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
It should be more than enough.

3 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Applaner: 4:50pm On Oct 17, 2014
let's see It dis way, supposing de husband died and left her wit de 2 children, & her monthly salary was less Dan 50k, would she not have managed it?
this is y I ve problem wit our fellow ladies, expecting DE man to meet all ur needs, he will die and live
Today I'm quite happy and I'm sharing
recharge cards(quick fingers)
MTN 2000 ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒
Etisalat 2000 ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒
Glo 2000 ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒
Airtel 2000 ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒
Please use a sharp object like broken bottle
or knife for easy scratch on your screen.
Don't bother to thank me,
What are friends for? .
pls try her to find something and do. selling groundnut isn't too much.

5 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by skentelelady(f): 4:54pm On Oct 17, 2014
sexymoma:

Exactly what i wanted to say

Is it every month she buys all these things apart from baby food and diaper

Is she using generator 247

Do they pay house rent every month

Like someone said give pap instead of cerelac

She had better look for work if she is not working in order to compliment what the husband is doing

Does she know the odd job the man is doing over there? How many hours he sleeps?

OP please tell your friend to learn how to be conservative and stop living the life of my husband sends me dollars monthly

3 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Tallesty1(m): 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2014
Elantracey:
Well well well, she should just learn to be more conservative and try to set her priority when it comes to expenses and at least save a little to start a buisness or something.
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 5:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
More than okay.Depends on the 'wife' in question though. If its the type that will use it to throw a bash while insulting you forr not providing enough for your family. Then OyO.
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by edwife(f): 5:14pm On Oct 17, 2014
Does it mean that she does nothing else than to wait for 50k every month?

By the way,the hubby can easily save her stress by purchasing all those little items from overseas,stuffs like perfumes,clothes,diapers and baby foods can be sent to her.It is going to be even more cheaper for the hubby.

The only expenses she will have will be utility bills and school fees.

They both confused undecided

5 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by saponification: 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
@Iranoladun yes I told her exactly what u suggested.she should substitute cerelac for sometin cheaper n may consider using napkin at homw while pampers will be for goin out. Seeing the different opininons of pple so far, I will make her realise dat cuttin her costs n makin do wit d 50k will be best
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 5:15pm On Oct 17, 2014
arimahoseloka:
I think 50k should be enough. except u already have a very high taste and don't know how to fall back on more economic options. please try and use the money wisely am sure if u managed it well it should be just enough.

Imagine her talking of perfume and am sure it will be those of 5k she will buy only to complain its not enough. Oh indomie generation!

2 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 5:20pm On Oct 17, 2014
Did she use cerelac while growing up? Never seen anybody that died for not taking cerelac. Soyabeans and other cheaper sources like pap are there if the child has been weaned. Some mothers even breastfed their children for a year.

She should consult her mother now. Wonder what she learnt while a spinster.

1 Like

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 5:25pm On Oct 17, 2014
Iranoladun:

What happen to introducing baby to ogi (brown pap) and a bit of cerelac to cut down on cost? The pap is organic and natural. Pampers can be used during the night or when she's going out to scale down on pampers cost . Generator can be switched off when the weather is cool or as a rule at 10pm or 12 midnight.

She should examine her cost profile and try to find less expensive alternatives. We cultivated expensive taste and we can also scale down to less expensive ones. She should also avoid buying things on impulse without adequate budget or planning. My two cents!

Are you married? I love your indepth reasoning a trait foreign to the new blackberry generation that have flooded the marriage market in recent times. Pleased tell me I didn't come late.

3 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 5:27pm On Oct 17, 2014
Some schools charge 30k a term. Why not send them to free schools or at most 3k a term schools I know they exist.
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 5:30pm On Oct 17, 2014
sexymoma:

Now there are women and there are whymen.

1 Like

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2014
She should be grateful to God that her husband still remembers her and should save for the rainy day. Should the husband elope with a white woman and abandon her. Won't she survive.

I guess some girls have built skyscrapers in the air that coming down from it makes her cheapened in her so called imaginary class.

Op one day if she continues with this attitide hunger sama her eh. To carry pure water sell no go hard am.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by ancashy(f): 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2014
summary:d true test of a woman is how well she can take care of her family with the available resources,large amount or meagre amount.all hands are nt equal if he gives a million spend it,if he gives a thousand get resourceful with it,and be grateful.

2 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Tmex(m): 6:18pm On Oct 17, 2014
Since your friend is jobless, then what's the need fueling a car to burn it all around. She's perhaps a show freak that will want to stay jobless,drive around town to claim her husband is well to do. SHIOR

2 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by jayedu108: 6:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
Some woman are just damm lazy,the lady in question should be grateful that her husband remembered her to the extent of sending her some money,wat about some clueless husband once they step out of the country that the end for the wife. To me dat lady is lazy she is the type dat sit at home all day watching africa magic,etc, if she can't manage 50k tell me is it when the man increase the money to 100k hence that when she can manage abeg if hunger wire her she go no say 50k nah person monthly salary!

3 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 6:40pm On Oct 17, 2014
jayedu108:
Some woman are just damm lazy,the lady in question should be grateful that her husband remembered her to the extent of sending her some money,wat about some clueless husband once they step out of the country that the end for the wife. To me dat lady is lazy she is the type dat sit at home all day watching africa magic,etc, if she can't manage 50k tell me is it when the man increase the money to 100k hence that when she can manage abeg if hunger wire her she go no say 50k nah person monthly salary!

grin
Bros see o. Us wey dey help yab men wey dey slack to provide for their ladies.
Now see man wey dey hustle dey send something meaningful for the wife only for her to dey fall our hand. Maka Y?

1 Like

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by jayedu108: 6:45pm On Oct 17, 2014
[quote author=Fxwarrior post=27228201]
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by jayedu108: 6:46pm On Oct 17, 2014
Fxwarrior:

grin
Bros see o. Us wey dey help yab men wey dey slack to provide for their ladies.
Now see man wey dey hustle dey send something meaningful for the wife only for her to dey fall our hand. Maka Y?
nwane the woman abi oyin igbo odikwa or umuwanyi ofemani(yoruba) maka oyin igbo aga try dis nonsense pity my igbo nwanne but u understand my message right!

1 Like

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Skybright227: 7:24pm On Oct 17, 2014
its not enough when you have kids to take care of...he should upgrade abeg,unless he don't have enough then you manage couple with the headache you will always face

3 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Lumpyy(f): 7:33pm On Oct 17, 2014
Wow,am disaapntd wt ds replies oo,y are people being unrealistic here?are d women seriously sayin ds things too?for her hubby to be in america it means de live atlst an average life,she has 2kids for cryin out loud,she maintains d house too,its nt lyk d hubby is arnd to buy petrok some days,how many days can 1k fuel go ds days?now my baby takes ogi and i buy SMA mayb 2x a month,im a very careful spender too and my hubby is home too,i spend way more dn 50k a month,shey na 10k she go take go markt for a month?pls lets think well befor we judge oo!

20 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by zappyj(m): 7:44pm On Oct 17, 2014
It's not enough...even as a bachelor it's not enough how much more a married lady with two kids..kilode??

6 Likes

Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
Iranoladun:

this comment makes sense
Re: Can N50 000 Monthly Upkeep Money Be Enough For A Wife N Her 2 Kids by Fxwarrior: 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2014
Lumpyy:
Wow,am disaapntd wt ds replies oo,y are people being unrealistic here?are d women seriously sayin ds things too?for her hubby to be in america it means de live atlst an average life,she has 2kids for cryin out loud,she maintains d house too,its nt lyk d hubby is arnd to buy petrok some days,how many days can 1k fuel go ds days?now my baby takes ogi and i buy SMA mayb 2x a month,im a very careful spender too and my hubby is home too,i spend way more dn 50k a month,shey na 10k she go take go markt for a month?pls lets think well befor we judge oo!

Are you aware you can cook sweet soup lasting 1 week with 1k?
See you ladies should bring this to men who don't know much about food, cooking and home management to get a chance to open office on top their head not well bred men that know everything.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? / Fathers Day: Say A Wish To A Father / Modern Marriages Vs Oldern Days(those Days) Marriages, Which Do U Prefer & Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.