Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,065 members, 7,814,672 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? (14812 Views)

Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance / Marriage Is Just all About Responsibility, Nothing Special. / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by fineboynl(m): 5:12am On Aug 18, 2023
If any family is compelling you to spend the money you do not have unnecessary for a marriage ceremony. And they tell you marriage is just for once just borrow to spend it once and for all do not obliged because it's a scam.

There is nothing like once and for all in any marriage, and for a family who wanted the ceremony as they so desired yet not making the provision from their pocket but compelling you to do so that's it's just once and for all.

I can assure you that It won't be long before you start noticing it's nothing but a scam. Marriage is a continues spending with everything attached to it and if you are not prepared it means you are not ready yet.

You will soon start shouldering that family responsibilities when your wife putting pressure on you to help her family here and there..

There are some family that when they heard about marriage thry believe you have arrived. After all na who get money de do marriage. And the bigger you make that ceremony look the more the expectations and attention you will end up drawing to yourself.

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Nobody: 5:27am On Aug 18, 2023
Preach the anti marriage bullshit to yourself and stop dragging people into it.
If you wish to be a monk please do but stop explaining yourself to people, no one cares.

24 Likes 13 Shares

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Kingosytex(m): 5:32am On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
If you wish to be a monk please do but stop explaining yourself to people, no one cares.

You never read the article but rushed to comment trash as usual. Where on earth did the Op preach against marriage? 😂
'When stupidity is considered patriotism, it is unsafe to be intelligent' __Isaac Asimov

216 Likes 18 Shares

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by MrsTwrite(f): 6:06am On Aug 18, 2023
I have someone who borrowed 5million naira to do a huge wedding ceremony. He's currently frustrated, going from one friends house, aunt's, uncle's to beg from them.

Big marriage ceremony is not a do or die affair because at the end of the ceremony, it's just you and your wife.

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by wrongman665(m): 6:24am On Aug 18, 2023
MrsTwrite:
I have someone who borrowed 5million naira to do a huge wedding ceremony. He's currently frustrated, going from one friends house, aunt's, uncle's to beg from them.

Big marriage ceremony is not a do or die affair because at the end of the ceremony, it's just you and your wife.
and his wife sidon at home nothing concern am. Marriage only favour women, no one would decieve me to go into it.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Nice2023(m): 7:48am On Aug 18, 2023
ARE U MARRIED?
As if single life is the ultimate.

Anyone who is financially ready and mature should marry,but don't marry someone that is not working nor a woman that is not doing anything.

But in all,marriage is sweet. I have never regretted ever being married.
This is my 8years in marriage and I have not looked back.

And for those who wants to marry soonest,take note that love alone isn't enough to sustain that marriage but hard work and perseverance is key.
Among all,money is the first priority without it sustaining a home would be tough.

fineboynl:
If any family is compelling you to spend the money you do not have unnecessary for a marriage ceremony. And they tell you marriage is just for once just borrow to spend it once and for all do not obliged because it's a scam.

There is nothing like once and for all in any marriage, and for a family who wanted the ceremony as they so desired yet not making the provision from their pocket but compelling you to do so that's it's just once and for all.

I can assure you that It won't be long before you start noticing it's nothing but a scam. Marriage is a continues spending with everything attached to it and if you are not prepared it means you are not ready yet.

You will soon start shouldering that family responsibilities when your wife putting pressure on you to help her family here and there..

There are some family that when they heard about marriage thry believe you have arrived. After all na who get money de do marriage. And the bigger you make that ceremony look the more the expectations and attention you will end up drawing to yourself.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by MrsTwrite(f): 8:53am On Aug 18, 2023
wrongman665:
and his wife sidon at home nothing concern am. Marriage only favour women, no one would decieve me to go into it.

😂🤣Very fat woman.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by AllBlack: 1:42pm On Aug 18, 2023
People still doing society wedding just need an excuse to throw a party. nothing else.
Especially the attention seekers.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by phemmyfour: 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2023
fineboynl:

Even bride price

A lady was shouting here the other day that the husband has changed towards her cos he collected loan to pay a scandalous bride price in the name of "you only pay once"

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by b0rn2fuck(m): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2023
Who marriage help? A means to bondage a man, A legal way of making a woman entitling . marriage is a scam

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Learnenglish247: 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2023
Of course. You can marry as many times as you see fit.

Meanwhile, check out this video to find out how you can get married to the UK and divorce Nigeria for good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot1UgUw2UQw
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by kalvoken(m): 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2023
The best way to marry:
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by ExtremeDot: 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2023
Only a big fool will break his bank account or borrow money to do a wedding ceremony.

Such big fools deserve the consequences of their actions. I no deh pity them.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by IPDGP: 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2023
My wedding will be parlor type and strictly by invitation.
Na naming ceremony I plan to spend on lavishly cause na big cow my parent kill for my naming

10 Likes

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Wisejohnson47(m): 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2023
That thing call marriage is a scam and modern day slavery

6 Likes

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Buhari4dullard: 1:45pm On Aug 18, 2023
Marriage is good.

This person is roasting, so calling it scam grin

Its like how u make your bed.

Work on your marriage & your happy.
Ignore it or take it for granted and cry
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by spiSeyi: 1:46pm On Aug 18, 2023
Just because you don't know how to maintain a vehicle doesn't make the vehicle model bad. Honda is bad yet it's a good car for those that can maintain it. Just because you failed in your marriage doesn't make marriage a scam. People who conclude that marriage is a scam are those that allow emotions to becloud their sense of reasoning by chosing to ignore the red flags during courtship tongue . I repeat Marriage is not a scam and it is the best institution in life if you enter it logically and with Godly principle. Read Waiting & Dating by Myles munroe cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Sonnobax15(m): 1:46pm On Aug 18, 2023
lipsrsealed
My marriage will not be an expensive one......

Very low key marriage.....

If she no gree to my terms and conditions,then make she go undecided

9 Likes

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by AZControversial(m): 1:46pm On Aug 18, 2023
undecided

Some people clearly didn't read what OP wrote.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Wizardslayer: 1:46pm On Aug 18, 2023
Everyone has his and her own opinion
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by patrislayqueen: 1:46pm On Aug 18, 2023
angry
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Antoeni(m): 1:46pm On Aug 18, 2023
Marriage is By Choice Not Compulsory

1 Like

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by ThiefnubuBandit: 1:47pm On Aug 18, 2023
You dey find man wey go buy you iPhone but your papa still dey wear lace with holes for village.

2 Likes

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by thegr8est: 1:47pm On Aug 18, 2023
Ruger Uses A Fan's "Thong" As Protective Face Mask At A Show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntea8YZ-RIs
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by FalseProphet1(m): 1:47pm On Aug 18, 2023
Any Nigerian man who spends above 300k to marry a non-virgin in this Tinubu's era needs to have his head examined.

This I have seen.

6 Likes

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by Clashhh1: 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
Try dey read to the end before you comment. Una go just rush dey talk wetin OP no talk.

3 Likes

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by ai9090: 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2023
Hmm all is well

I want to sell my LG Side By Side GC-B207WVQ Refrigerator
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by UselessBuharist: 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2023
Frustrated
Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by ISellBeer: 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2023
God bless you OP
Once you get married (for guys) you will start noticing that your prick might not stand for months, it's not infection but more bills that keep Pilling up for you to settle.

I only did traditional wedding and I am not doing any white wedding. White wedding is a scam also, can't fall for that.

I just dey vex anyhow, this Tinubu ehhhh, make I see am first

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by FirstCounsel(m): 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2023
cheesy grin
MrsTwrite:

😂🤣Very fat woman.

1 Like

Re: The Word “Marriage Is Just For Once” Is A Scam Don't Fall For It? by wittywriter: 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2023
I beg your pardon..

Wittyness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fathers Day: Say A Wish To A Father / Modern Marriages Vs Oldern Days(those Days) Marriages, Which Do U Prefer & Why? / IBADAN; Power Up Your Home with Quality Electricals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.