Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari (14974 Views)

Buhari Explains How He Will Repay N27.5 Million Nomination Form Loan / Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ / 2015: Alao-akala Picks PDP N3m Nomination Form For Oyo State Guber Race. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by honeric01(m): 6:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
jamace:
What example are you asking of? Where all over the world have you heard or seen a political presidential aspirant coming out to tell the whole world that he BORROWED money to get nomination form? Not even in China where anti-corruption war is highly effective.
My worries are 2 folds. 1) why did he not contact his political team to raise the money? 2). Even if the political group was not capable of raising such fund, must he borrow the money in his own name? In fact, even if he borrowed the money as a private person, must he tell the whole world that he borrowed it? To me his action is a sign of one man show, and telling the world that he borrowed it is childish and immature behaviour. Or has he started his declaration of assets already? grin

Please can you highlight anywhere in the article where Buhari borrowed money?
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
teufelein:

some of people from the zoo nigeria are completely senseless...they forget easily that Buhari stole almost 3 Billion Dollar of Petroleum Trust Fund(PTF).
I pity sincerely some fooools..No wonder you're in darkness.
Madam can you put a credible link to this story
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by teufelein(f): 6:54pm On Oct 18, 2014
QUOTABLE:
"The other curious coincidence is the fact that General Mohammadu Buhari declared his Presidential ambition on wednesday, he bought his nominaton form on thursday and Boko Haram, his close friends whom he has consistently defended and sought to protect, declared a ceasefire with the Federal Government of Nigeria on friday.
Is this just a mere coincidence or is there more to it that meets the eye? The plot seems to thicken by the day."
FEMI FANI-KAYODE
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Nobody: 6:54pm On Oct 18, 2014
Obiagelli:

Maybe he shouldn't have told the world but if i was contesting election, i expect to pay my nomination forms from my pocket. Campaign funds? A different matter entirely.

Don't also forget that his supporters offered to pay for him but he turned it down. Sacrifice
Why shouldn't he have told the world? Is there any law that forbade such? Did any leader told the world that they had no shoe before GEJ did? These are strategy to make the whole thing favors you.
The reason GMB told the world is to make it clear that he doesn't have such huge amount and no godfather is sponsoring his campaign. Thereby maintening his clean slot and put an end to an unnecessary propaganda of him having too much money by the PDP. Its a pure PR strategy and I endorse it.
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by homesteady(m): 6:56pm On Oct 18, 2014
if these points are said during a debate, trust me, Buhari might have a heart attack! the no2 and 3 are just tooo strong!
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 18, 2014
barcanista:
Why shouldn't he have told the world? Is there any law that forbade such? Did any leader told the world that they had no shoe before GEJ did? These are strategy to make the whole thing favors you.
The reason GMB told the world is to make it clear that he doesn't have such huge amount and no godfather is sponsoring his campaign. Thereby maintening his clean slot and put an end to an unnecessary propaganda of him having too much money by the PDP. Its a pure PR strategy and I endorse it.
I actually don't have a problem with it, but you know Nigerians are very comfortable around thieves
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by jamace(m): 7:04pm On Oct 18, 2014
honeric01:

Please can you highlight anywhere in the article where Buhari borrowed money?

Obiagelli:
Buhari’s exact words below, you might not necessarily have to tender an apology sis. Pay attention to the bolded part, he wasn't emphatic about a loan.

“But I felt heavily sorry for myself because I don’t want
to go and ask somebody to pay for my nomination
forms, because I always try to pay myself, at least for
the nomination.

“N27 million is a big sum, thankfully I have personal
relationship with the manager of my bank in Kaduna
and I told him that very soon the forms are coming, so,
whether I am on red, or green or even black please
honour it otherwise I may lose the nomination.
Is it okay by you? grin
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by honeric01(m): 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2014
jamace:

Obiagelli:
Buhari’s exact words below, you might not necessarily have to tender an apology sis. Pay attention to the bolded part, he wasn't emphatic about a loan.

the nomination.

[b]whether I am on red, or green or even black please
honour it
otherwise I may lose the nomination.[/b] Is it okay by you? grin

How does this "indicate a loan"? is this how a loan is taken? you are quite knowledgeable with banking rules (I guess), can you take a loan on the phone? especially N27M?

"Whether I am on a red, green or black, please honour it", do you think this indicates a loan or does it not sound like someone issuing out a check but not sure if his account balance can cover for the amount on the check?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 18, 2014
honeric01:

How does this "indicate a loan"? is this how a loan is taken? you are quite knowledgeable with banking rules (I guess), can you take a loan on the phone? especially N27M?

Whether he's on a red, green and black, please honour it, do you think this indicates a loan or does it not sound like someone issuing out a check but not sure if his account balance can cover for the amount on the check?
I have been asking the same question since yesterday.
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by teufelein(f): 7:13pm On Oct 18, 2014
a relevant question that obiagali should answer if cbn regulations allow giving loans to persons above the age of 65 years in the zoo nigeria..
madame obiageli over to you, my dear.
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by huptin(m): 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
honeric01:

It's hard to embrace change if you do not even recognize change.

Kindly point out the change in going back to 1984. That man was the president when I could barely walk. If we must have change let it be the right type Please.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by honeric01(m): 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2014
Obiagelli:

I have been asking the same question since yesterday.

I just don't know why some Nigerians love to twist truth, how low can people go to discredit someone they don't like even when they have nothing on him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by honeric01(m): 7:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
huptin:

Kindly point out the change in going back to 1984. That man was the president when I could barely walk. If we must have change let it be the right type Please.

So in your mind, Buhari went to sleep since 1984 and has been sleeping all these while? you think you're the only one who's allowed to grow and improve in life as your age?

Since he left the top leadership role in 1984, he has handled multiple leadership roles and performed excellently well. the late Dora Akunyili was one of his products.

Why not educate yourself?
https://www.facebook.com/pages/General-Rtd-Muhammadu-Buhari/71463891345
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari
http://www.africa-confidential.com/whos-who-profile/id/2606/Muhammadu_Buhari
https://www.facebook.com/votebuhari
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by homesteady(m): 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
I'll be quoting some strong points which NOBODY has debunked
Buhari has an anti-corruption toga. There is so
much corruption in the world, and many people
are using their creative ability to form
organisations or do something to fight
corruption. Organisations like Transparency
International were set up by people to do
something about corruption and in the process
they are also creating wealth or themselves. Why
has Buhari not leveraged on this ‘asset’ to help
Nigeria and the world and in the process earn a
living? What idea has Buhari proposed or
generated to fight corruption apart from
complain on pages newspapers?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
teufelein:

a relevant question that obiagali should answer if cbn regulations allow giving loans to persons above the age of 65 years in the zoo nigeria..
madame obiageli over to you, my dear.

honeric01:

"Whether I am on a red, green or black, please honour it", do you think this indicates a loan or does it not sound like someone issuing out a check but not sure if his account balance can cover for the amount on the check?

Btw, i don't have knowledge of any law put an age cap on loans, expecially a pensioner (a major general and former HOS).
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2014
Obiagelli:

I actually don't have a problem with it, but you know Nigerians are very comfortable around thieves
whatever you do, people will talk. Just do the right thing and be strategic.
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by honeric01(m): 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2014
homesteady:
I'll be quoting some strong points which NOBODY has debunked

So that he can be rubbished just like Ribadu was rubbished? even with the official approval Ribadu got to work on corruption, the current government still disgraced him not to talk of a man without the backings of the govt.

Show me one anti-corruption body in Nigeria that hasn't been totally screwed up by the govt in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by jamace(m): 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2014
honeric01:

If this conversation was through the phone, how did it come to the public domain? "Whether I am on a red, green or black, please honour it. What does this statement imply?
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by honeric01(m): 8:12pm On Oct 18, 2014
jamace:
If this conversation was through the phone, how did it come to the public domain? "Whether I am on a red, green or black, please honour it. What does this statement imply?

This is why its not advisable to comment on things you don't have a full grip on. This conversation took place between himself and APC chairman and knowing fully well that Press men are always flooding around politicians, they must have picked up their conversation. go back and read through the full article. (not on this thread, but on this forum).
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by jamace(m): 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2014
honeric01:

This is why its not advisable to comment on things you don't have a full grip on. This conversation took place between himself and APC chairman and knowing fully well that Press men are always flooding around politicians, they must have picked up their conversation. go back and read through the full article. (not on this thread, but on this forum).
This one https://www.nairaland.com/1953153/buhari-took-bank-loan-purchase. If its this, then Buhari took bank loan because he lamented the high cost of the form and narrated how he was able to raise the fund through the understanding of his bakers at Kaduna and Abuja.. Obvious from the highlighted that he sourced for loan to be able to purchase the form.
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by honeric01(m): 8:30pm On Oct 18, 2014
jamace:
This one https://www.nairaland.com/1953153/buhari-took-bank-loan-purchase. If its this, then Buhari took bank loan because he lamented the high cost of the form and narrated how he was able to raise the fund through the understanding of his bakers at Kaduna and Abuja.. Obvious from the highlighted that he sourced for loan to be able to purchase the form.

Mind quoting "word for word" the part that spells out this "findings" of yours?

The full quote :

"“But I felt heavily sorry for myself because I don’t want to go and ask somebody to pay for my nomination forms, because I always try to pay myself, at least for the nomination.
“N27 million is a big sum, thankfully I have personal relationship with the manager of my bank in Kaduna and I told him that very soon the forms are coming, so, whether I am on red, or green or even black please honour it otherwise I may lose the nomination.
“I was about to go to Kaduna this morning and I told the Chairman but he said in that case, you better pick your form and keep a straight face that means there is no excuse,” Mr. Buhari said".
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by shady26(m): 8:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
Akdegreat:
Its a way of telling us Nigerians that he has not enriched himself through corrupt practices, and has hence opted for the loan because of his passion to lead us.
Hahahahaha!!!
#in olamides voice __ STORY FOR THE GODS!!
i have feeling buhari sees nothing wrong with poverty and might not have any strong desire to fight for the upliftment of the living standard of the average nigerian. also i have my reservations on wether he has an islamisation agenda for nigeria or not.
i might be wrong but i think this man is coming with a bitter pill of strict sharia laws of islam and their enforcement as his only solution to what he perceives as nigerias only problem, corruption.
please nigerians vote for someone with enough intelligence and vigor to tackle both corruption and poverty in Nigeria,i dont see that person in Buhari yet! neither am i rooting for GEJ. if GEJ has perfomed well, majority of Nigerians wont be in a dilemma today ( the devil and the deep blue sea )as to who to vote come 2015.
mentioning atiku is an insult to our collective sensibilities, in a sane system he would be serving sundry jail terms for lootocracy.
is it that there are no reputable individuals in Nigeria that can provide good leadership to this great nation next year?
I beleive we are in for pleasant surprises come 2015. irrespective of APShits readiness to field the devil just to win an election and PDP conniviance to keep Nigerians in darkness forever so they can continue the corruption with inpunity clause in their brains. Nigerians will shock them all come 2015!
Nigeria Must Move Forward 2015!
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by rasbaby(f): 9:13pm On Oct 18, 2014
berem:
Senseless and malicious thead.

Sai Buhari 2015!

Yeah that's my girl
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by shady26(m): 9:21pm On Oct 18, 2014
patrickmuf:
Hope you realize people like Dangote still take loans? Don't fool yourself
Dangote and the likes take loans with interests from banks to embark on profitable business ventures . are you telling us that Election, politics ,the whole thing is a profitable business venture and no more a call to serve? how is Buhari planning to pay back the loan with interest to the bank even if elected as president? do they pay our president that much as salary legitimately?
and why publicize the whole matter when it could have been kept under wraps, to what purpose is the publicity? another " i had no shoes campaign? he has lost my trust ( i never really beleived anyway in any other messiah in men other than christ, there is always a selfish interest).
Finally maybe we should look for and adopt on emergency any system that can allow the following :
OBY EZEKWESILI or PROF BARTH NNAJI for President S/E Nigeria
BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA or BOLA AHMED TINUBUfor President S/W Nigeria
M BUHARI or ATIKU ABUBARKA for President Northern Nigeria
GOODLUCK JONATHAN or ADAMS OSHOMOLE for President SS Nigeria.

instead of wasting our time.
Chikena!
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 19, 2014
Though the 27.5million naira presidential form is a bit steep. I do not agree with his action of taking a loan from the bank that's really shallow.

I am certain he didn't take any loan, there are enough big wigs in APC that only one of them can single handedly finance the purchase of the form.

This is just a cheap political gambit gone awry am sure he is regretting that utterance to the public that he took a bank loan.

What's the guarantee for payment if he eventually fails or how does he intend to pay if he wins is it from the federations coffers. Also what's the interest rate for the loan?

I doubt if any bank will loan out money like this because the venture lacks viability to refund its a silly gamble.

https://www.nairaland.com/1925181/branded-campaign-materials-2015-around

1 Like

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by pheesayor(m): 12:53am On Oct 19, 2014
ITbomb:
This is very insightful.

With all his anti corruption hype, there is not one movement he is pushing to fight or expose corruption.

Taking a loan to get a nomination form is a sign of bad management decision. It is like lottery, since when did banks grant loans for lottery or any venture with a flip coin chance.
He would have raised the money from associates or at least part of his savings.
Is this the way he will be taking loans to solve national challenges? Instead of considering all alternative.

Buhari declared and next day, Boko Haram agrees to a ceasefire, what am I thinking?

you're attempting to distort public opinion tongue
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by jamace(m): 7:41am On Oct 19, 2014
honeric01:

Mind quoting "word for word" the part that spells out this "findings" of yours?

The full quote :

"“But I felt heavily sorry for myself because I don’t want to go and ask somebody to pay for my nomination forms, because I always try to pay myself, at least for the nomination.
“N27 million is a big sum, thankfully I have personal relationship with the manager of my bank in Kaduna and I told him that very soon the forms are coming, so, whether I am on red, or green or even black please honour it otherwise I may lose the nomination.
“I was about to go to Kaduna this morning and I told the Chairman but he said in that case, you better pick your form and keep a straight face that means there is no excuse,” Mr. Buhari said".

Bros, lets adjourn this court case. I hereby move the motion for adjournment. grin
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by muami(m): 10:21am On Oct 19, 2014
teufelein:
6 Reasons Why You Should Avoid Buhari Like Ebola Virus

1. Violence

He makes provocative statements that are capable of putting the country in crisis. This attitude caused the death of hundreds of innocent lives after the 2011 elections where about 10 youth corps were also murdered in cold blood. 2015 is not here, but he has already promised "dogs and baboon..." Compare this with the US election where Romney wasted no time to congratulate Pres. Obama or the Australian election where the incumbent, Rudd lost and quickly congratulated Abbott. A great leader should always place national interest above personal ambition.

2. Bigotry

He's intolerant of any idea other than his own, especially on religion, politics, or race. No wonder he doesn't criticize anything that concerns his religion, no matter how bad. Hence, his obvious sympathy to B'Haram. A good leader should have listening ears, take a stand on what is good but also allow people to air their views and be entitled to their opinions.

3. Principle

He's not a man of principle, that is why he has been jumping from one party to another, even aligning with known corrupt elements in the hope of actualizing his presidential ambition. Great leaders don't do this. They always stick with like-minds, no matter the situation.

4. Lack of Democratic Features

Though, his admirers want us to believe that he was invited to lead after the coup but the fact is that he wasn't the most senior office at that time. Nevertheless, we've not forgotten the obnoxious Decree 4 - against which truth was no defence. He used this to jail journalists and attempt to cow the whole media. He did not also make any plan to organize election and handover to a democratic govt.

5. Tribalism

The lopsided execution of PTF projects which was 74% and 26% (according to PTF Situation Report, Vol 2, 98) in the north and south respectively showed his tribalistic nature. The dumping of Dr. Alex Ekwueme in Kirikiri maximum prison and Shagari placed under house arrest was beyond tribalism.

6. His 2-year reign as a Head of State left no legacy

Buhari's 2-year iron-fist rule left no legacy in Nigeria. There is nothing we can point at now that was established by his govt. Or should we call the cancellation of Lagos monorail as his legacy after-all Nigeria till date has no monorail?

Lets end this part 1 with the quote of October 4, 2010: "Buhari is perpetually un-electable because of his insensitivity to Nigeria’s diversity and his parochial focus are already well-known." - Mallam Nasir el-Rufai
1000 likes
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by blank(f): 10:26am On Oct 19, 2014
Obiagelli:

the nomination.

whether I am on red, or green or even black
please
honour it otherwise I may lose the nomination.

Asking to honour a cheque regardless of how much you have in the account is an overdraft which is a type of loan.
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 19, 2014
berem:
Senseless and malicious thead.

Sai Buhari 2015!
if you think it is senseless then back up your point with facts. I lost all respect I had for Buhari when I read he borrowed to buy his ticket. How does he intend to fund his campaign if he can not buy ticket. Before you say anything, I'm a card carrying member of Apc but not a zombie. If apc can not prove they have something better to offer Nigerians then I am sorry but my vote goes to PDP.
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Gbawe: 10:42am On Oct 19, 2014
blink182:
if you think it is senseless then back up your point with facts. I lost all respect I had for Buhari when I read he borrowed to buy his ticket. How does he intend to fund his campaign if he can not buy ticket. Before you say anything, I'm a card carrying member of Apc but not a zombie. If apc can not prove they have something better to offer Nigerians then I am sorry but my vote goes to PDP.

That is not a problem. The APC stakeholders will choose who they think are the best duo to contest the general election. If you do not approve of their choice then kindly vote for the PDP as you say.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 19, 2014
patrickmuf:
Hope you realize people like Dangote still take loans? Don't fool yourself
Dangote takes loans to cover operating costs and to expand his business not to gamble. What happens if Buhari fails at the primaries-i doubt it though. The lack of creativity he showed is just an insult to common sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Only Delta, Lagos, Kaduna, Two Others Pay Pensions – PENCOM / Marketers Counter FG, Insist Fuel Subsidy Is Back / President Jonathan Proposes 'Hall Of Shame' For Criminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.