Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,231 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality (5260 Views)

It Is About Time Men Should Be REQUIRED To Chop Chop Toto! / How I Pranked A Girl That Wanted To Chop My Money - Diary Of A Jobless Nigerian / 99 Secrets Girls Have to Know about Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 18, 2014
Why do most girls in naija especially Lasgidi have this "I must chop mentality"

Immediately a relationship begins, they come with all sortaa demands like: Obie pls can you help me with 10k, Obie can u help me complete my rent? Obie I'm hungry come let's go buy pizza. (when I have a fridge loaded with food) This has caused me not to date a babe for long.

Can't I meet a girl that says: Obie, Let's go to shoprite today. The bills on me!! Or Obie take this 5k and fill ur tank! Or Obie let's not go eat out. Lemme cook u a nice meal please save your money for the future? Can I ever meet such girls?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
Doesn't make sense
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2014
Majority of Nigerian girls are hungry....

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 18, 2014
Nobleval:
Majority of Nigerian girls are hungry....

I tire bros. I am not a leech that really need some working class girl for support but must the demands be everytime? Mostly after sex?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Rexnegro(m): 2:41pm On Oct 18, 2014
because majority of girls are mentally and socio-economically poor....hence they behave that way @op...

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by iceberylin(m): 2:53pm On Oct 18, 2014
Guy,seems like you only roll with Runs girls lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 18, 2014
You are attracted to all this modern tweaking fake girls.

You meet a girl with Brazilian hair, high end phone, designer outfits and in all of her appearance she is jobless and you approach her....

Bro. Na your wallet ooh she dey find.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 18, 2014
SeaGold:
You are attracted to all this modern tweaking fake girls.

You meet a girl with Brazilian hair, high end phone, designer outfits and in all of her appearance she is jobless and you approach her....

Bro. Na your wallet ooh she dey find.

Hmm but I love pretty young girls? Or sud I start dating SU babes I don't like?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by adepiero: 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2014
Most Nigerian girls even those born into wealthy homes are hungry! Some will bring all their friends on a first date and still demand takeaway when leaving like say the money dey comot from their papa account angry undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by philantoxx(m): 7:06pm On Oct 18, 2014
heeheheheheh
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Tymax(m): 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
cheesy cheesy to date dey fear you?

That's Naija babe for you. Heartless, greedy and selfish.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 18, 2014
Broke guys on nairaland. grin
If you can't help a girlfriend in need you have no business starting a relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Tymax(m): 7:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
3cycle:
Broke guys on nairaland. grin
If you can't help a girlfriend in need you have no business starting a relationship.
Broke, classless babes depend on their boyfriends financially.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 18, 2014
Tymax:

Broke, classless babes depend on their boyfriends financially.
Ofcourse it is so wrong to DEPEND on your boyfriend for every of your financial needs but at some point you need support for something, say I'm in need of little cash to add to the one I have for a lil business, if he has what stops him From helping?
He might be in need of Help from me too and if I can help what stops me? What are friends for?

Btw you owe me an apology for calling me a "hypocrite"
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Tymax(m): 7:56pm On Oct 18, 2014
3cycle:

Ofcourse it is so wrong to DEPEND on your boyfriend for every of your financial needs but at some point you need support for something, say I'm in need of little cash to add to the one I have for a lil business, if he has what stops him From helping?
He might be in need of Help from me too and if I can help what stops me? What are friends for?

I'm sorry for calling you a hypocrite. It was hasty and careless of me.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Nobody: 8:00pm On Oct 18, 2014
Tymax:

I'm sorry for calling you a hypocrite. It was hasty and careless of me.

Accepted. grin
Forming gentleman online undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Tymax(m): 9:10pm On Oct 18, 2014
3cycle:

Accepted. grin
Forming gentleman online undecided
grin grin because na you o
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by UniqueGem(m): 9:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
LOL!! Op it's becos they're swimming in poverty.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by chimerase2: 9:59pm On Oct 18, 2014
Obiageli and keziah re two most deadly ibo names grin
These guys can share kai grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 18, 2014
3cycle:

Who says I don't support or give monetary allowances? It shudnt b everytime. Why must dey want to eat out daily? Why must thier idea of let's chill is going to d cinemas or Chinese?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 18, 2014
Bet i dnt do dah na*puffy eyes*buh really u guys shuld stop ds sterotype and general perception u haf abt us jare..if nuh,u wuld keep meeting ds type o!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
Annypie:
Bet i dnt do dah na*puffy eyes*buh really u guys shuld stop ds sterotype and general perception u haf abt us jare..if nuh,u wuld keep meeting ds type o!

Babe its not stereotyping. Its d fact oh. Its so bad cos der are more female parasites dan female sane-headed ppl. Now sef day fear to toast bae dis days cos after some days recharge card mata don begin come out. Even d so-called working class babes day follow ask for recharge card. U toast a chic at d office, d next day she wants u to buy her lunch upon say her salary plenty pass ur own. Na wa oh!

D idea of just wanting to 'collect' from guys just doesn't make sense. wink

10 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 18, 2014
[quote
author=obongproff post=27260623]

Babe its not stereotyping. Its d fact oh. Its so bad cos der are more
female parasites dan female sane-headed ppl. Now sef day fear to toast
bae dis days cos after some days recharge card mata don begin come out.
Even d so-called working class babes day follow ask for recharge card. U
toast a chic at d office, d next day she wants u to buy her lunch upon
say her salary plenty pass ur own. Na wa oh!

D idea of just wanting to 'collect' from guys just doesn't make sense.
wink [/quote]hmm,its lyk u ve had loads of ordeals wt dem,doesnt mean there aint less demanding ones,btw u guys even shy away 4rm d independent,dauntless ones...anywhichway,no guy wuld let a gal buy lunch 4 him*no real,sane guy i mean..
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Sarimah(f): 11:02pm On Oct 18, 2014
obitee69:

Hmm but I love pretty young girls? Or sud I start dating SU babes I don't like?
so SU girls are ugly right?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by lawrenceunaa: 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2014
na u show say u get money for pocket
wetin remain if not to 'chop ur money'
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by lawrenceunaa: 11:06pm On Oct 18, 2014
na u show 'em say u get money for pocket
wetin remain if not to 'chop ur money'
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 18, 2014
Annypie:
hmm,its lyk u ve had loads of ordeals wt dem,doesnt mean there aint less demanding ones,btw u guys even shy away 4rm d independent,dauntless ones...anywhichway,no guy wuld let a gal buy lunch 4 him*no real,sane guy i mean..

Babe, I dont shy away from independent babes. Plenty of dem follow carry virus. Some prefer guys dat are richer, especially dose with cars, and me I no get moto na. Plus some of dem day like form busy sha with the 'I dont have time!' crap. Once u say dat to me, am off.

I met one nice one sha, but d babe was too old for me.

As per d lunch part, mbok leave dat tin. I had a date with a gial I was toasting last year. We went to a winebar. Afta d meeting, she paid for our drinks. So day do exist if ur lucky to meet d good ones. (But she no later gree for me sha cheesy).

So concerning parasitic babes, dem full market abeg. Day just feel dat ur mission into dia life is to either help solve some of dia financial problems or just solve all of dem. Chai!

Der are a lot of nice, and independent ladies out der and am still searching. wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by MisterLongman(m): 3:30am On Oct 19, 2014
Sarimah:
They are not ugly, they are archaic..... And that I believe is worse than ugly...... And most of them are just pretending despite all the facade
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Nobody: 4:37am On Oct 19, 2014
Op, you're not alone on this.

I gave myself a 5yrs break from dating, when i realized that i spend alot on ladies even to the detriment of my parents who've now retired. This is to enable me plan my life and start major projects.

Their demands seems to be endless and because of this, I am not only tired of dating, I'm also scared of dating again.

Now i avoid every eye contact with ladies in the church, where i reside, and every social gathering, i have even stopped chating with ladies on social media too. I thank God dating a colleague is a taboo in our Company, so no room for that.

They amount of money I've spent on ladies i've dated since the day i got a job, if revealed to my parent, am quite sure they'd have hypertension because they think my pay package is synonymous with those working in civil service.

Fact is, When i was jobless, no lady wanted to even give me a chance. Even the one i usually send recharge card to during my service year, told me to park well, and she went for a dude that has income, without even asking me what my plans were. It was disconcerting.

Back to your question:
Most ladies think It's a norm.
Some think their friends will label them as fools, so they do that just to proof they're smart.
Some do that out of greed a.k.a the working class ladies.
Some because of parental negligence.
Some do for fun.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 19, 2014
Sarimah:

Most of dem. They look pale and dull with a weak fashion sense? Are u an SU cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Have This "Obiageli" (we Have Come To Chop) Mentality by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 19, 2014
udifrancis:
Op, you're not alone on this.

I gave myself a 5yrs break from dating, when i realized that i spend alot on ladies even to the detriment of my parents who've now retired. This is to enable me plan my life and start major projects.

Their demands seems to be endless and because of this, I am not only tired of dating, I'm also scared of dating again.

Now i avoid every eye contact with ladies in the church, where i reside, and every social gathering, i have even stopped chating with ladies on social media too. I thank God dating a colleague is a taboo in our Company, so no room for that.

They amount of money I've spent on ladies i've dated since the day i got a job, if revealed to my parent, am quite sure they'd have hypertension because they think my pay package is synonymous with those working in civil service.

Fact is, When i was jobless, no lady wanted to even give me a chance. Even the one i usually send recharge card to during my service year, told me to park well, and she went for a dude that has income, without even asking me what my plans were. It was disconcerting.

Back to your question:
Most ladies think It's a norm.
Some think their friends will label them as fools, so they do that just to proof they're smart.
Some do that out of greed a.k.a the working class ladies.
Some because of parental negligence.
Some do for fun.

Bros u just speak my mind. Me sef don day fear day meet babes again dis days, becos d virus no day show for face oh. cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Reasons To Be Thankful For Smaller Boobs / Pls Help a Nairalander to Win This Competition (Pix) / Another Pastor Caught Doing It With Church Member In The Bush

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.