Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,625 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 (39018 Views)

Strike Back Season 5!!! Its Back / Game Of Thrones : Red Wedding Scene / Game Of Thrones Vs Spartacus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by kraftykc(m): 5:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
guyANDROID1:
grin ok but I'm not a fan of game of throne.

WTF........How is that even possible?
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
Omimah:

But the series appears inconclusive at the end of season 5. How I miss the different groups: bikers, negroes, Arians, muslims, etc.

I just think it will be difficult to get everyone back together now. It stopped when? - 2003 or so? A lot of them have moved on to bigger things - definitely different from when most were still struggling to get a role in Hollywood. Logistics, money, and timing problems. And OZ never garnered that much notoriety. So, where's the money going to come from?

That's the same reason why "The Wire" had to end the way it did. Just take a look at how Ice Cube has been struggling to get Chris Tucker "Smokey" to do another "Friday" movie, since he got his break with "Rush Hour." And that's a classic movie almost everyone wants to see a sequel to.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
Anyway, these are the Naija Brits dominating Hollywood - and don't ever question their Nigerian-ness, just salute when you see them!

Adetomiwa Edun
Nonso Anozie
Antonia Okonma
Hakeem Kae-Kazim
Chiwetel Ejiofor
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
Eunice Olumide
Richard Ayoade
David Oyelowo
Sophie Okonedo
Ariyon Bakare
Bunmi Mojekwu
John Boyega
Chike Okonkwo
Luti Fagbenle
Caroline Chikezie
O. T. Fagbenle (my nyggah from Hollyoaks)
Alex Lanipekun
Phina Oruche
Wunmi Mosaku
Judith Shekoni

3 Likes

Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by coogar: 6:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
Omimah:

But the series appears inconclusive at the end of season 5. How I miss the different groups: bikers, negroes, Arians, muslims, etc.

there are six seasons altogether - i have all of them on my ipod. grin

SirShymex:

Word! Ditto "The Wire" and a host of other TV series. Far better than all the junk on TV these days, especially those IQ reducing reality TV shows. Of late, apart "Scandal" - which is more of on and off thing for TV - TV is just basically dead. We need more classic TB series.
Also, they always bring these shows to the UK kind of late. OZ didn't even get here till like 2002. And The Wire got here in like 04/05. I'm not even going to lie - I bought both on iTunes at first, and later bought the DVD packs for both at WHSmith.
Prison Break? - that's like the most overrated TV series ever! I never went past season 2 - just didn't know what the hype was about, to be honest. I think Michael Scofield got everyone hoodwinked and locked into it, especially the chics. And once chics are into something - trust guys to always go wherever chics go. grin You forgot Supreme Allah, Poet, the Muslim brotherhood, Latin Kings, and the gays. Classic TV series right there. But "The Wire" is still the best ever!

the wire?
half of them were casts from oz.....the wire is like a prequel to oz sef.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Niyinficient(m): 6:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
Donkunxex:
hope he ain't gonna use dat accent in d oder movie

Guy, u dull sha!
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
agrovick:

see your face like irish potato, crush ko, crash ni. Happy sunday
sharapt. Thank God we look alike, ya face like sweet potato. Same to you, where been deh?
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
coogar:

there are six seasons altogether - i have all of them on my ipod. grin

the wire?
half of them were casts from oz.....the wire is like a prequel to oz sef.

Lmao...even critics will tell you that "The Wire" was the best thing ever to happen to TV. When you see: McNutty, Omar Little (Omar don't scare), Lester, Cedric Freamon (getting head in his office), Snoop, Stringer Bell, Bodie, Avon Barksdale, Tommy Carcetti, Chris (Wale's cousin), Proposition Joe, Clay Davis (shiiiiiiiiiit lol), Weebey, Bubbles, Marlo Stanfield, etc. you know what time it's. grin

Most of them haven't even been able to shake off their characters from "The Wire" - and folks still refer to them as those characters. That's the greatness of "The Wire" for you. None like it, and there will never be anything like it - greatness right there. I watched their re-union on TED-talks a few days ago, and it was emotional. grin
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by agrovick(m): 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
missberrypop5:
sharapt. Thank God we look alike, ya face like sweet potato. Same to you, where been deh?
hehehe, this babe go just dey famz my face. Av been around o, I just peep in and I run away as fast as I can. Av u heard... grin
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by coogar: 6:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:

Lmao...even critics will tell you that "The Wire" was the best thing ever to happen to TV. When you see: McNutty, Omar Little (Omar don't scare), Lester, Cedric Freamon (getting head in his office), Snoop, Stringer Bell, Bodie, Avon Barksdale, Tommy Carcetti, Chris (Wale's cousin), Proposition Joe, Clay Davis (shiiiiiiiiiit lol), Weebey, Bubbles, Marlo Stanfield, etc. you know what time it's. grin

Most of them haven't even been able to shake off their characters from "The Wire" - and folks still refer to them as those characters. That's the greatness of "The Wire" for you. None like it, and there will never be anything like it - greatness right there. I watched their re-union on TED-talks a few days ago, and it was emotional. grin

what about the niggaz in Oz?
remember oz had plenty of guest appearances too. ll cool j, methodman & treach(naughty by nature) were prison inmates....

then you have about 8 different factions led by crazy characters.....the christians, the muslims, the bikers, the homeboys, the aryan brothers(white supremacists), the faggöts, the italian mafians & the hispanics led by miguel alvarez.

i will have oz & rome before the wire.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by AiyekotoIII: 6:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
Really excited for him. His performance in the Series "Oz" is worthy of note and in the Oscar winning category.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 19, 2014
coogar:

remember oz had plenty of guest appearances too. methodman & treach(naughty by nature) were prison inmates....

then you have about 8 different factions led by crazy characters.....the christians, the muslims, the bikers, the homeboys, the aryan brothers(white supremacists), the faggöts, the italian mafians & the hispanics led by miguel alvarez.

Methodman was also in The Wire (I can't remember which season. But he was with Proposition Joe's camp). The Wire had everything you listed, and more - except that it wasn't a prison set-up with religious and racial gangs. You had different factions of the streets that represented their blocks (Proposition Joe, Avon Barksdale, and later Marlo Stanfield - all into the family), the police, the schools, the government (politicians), the journalists, the connects and supply route(s), the court etc.

The Wire was on another level, trust me. A story you would relate to regardless of who you're in the society.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
agrovick:

hehehe, this babe go just dey famz my face. Av been around o, I just peep in and I run away as fast as I can. Av u heard... grin
gist me abeg, you don find wife? grin
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Gorrbachev: 6:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
FLYGERIAN91:
And so did this guy too.... He is a new Lannister....

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by ugeezee(m): 6:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
100% Excited!
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by temitemi1(m): 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
Waiting for it to drop
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by agrovick(m): 6:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
missberrypop5:
gist me abeg, you don find wife? grin
yea, my name is adetomiwa edun. U knw what that means grin
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
agrovick:

yea, my name is adetomiwa edun. U knw what that means grin
druhahahahahahaha, i no know say you get faith like this o shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by simdam500(m): 7:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
dapsoneh:
Kul, it's good to know Nigerians in diaspora ar representin d nation well.. Best of luck to him
that the reason why am here... Gud to know
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Frankenstein: 7:08pm On Oct 19, 2014
I can't wait for season 5.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Omimah: 7:10pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:

I just think it will be difficult to get everyone back together now. It stopped when? - 2003 or so? A lot of them have moved on to bigger things - definitely different from when most were still struggling to get a role in Hollywood. Logistics, money, and timing problems. And OZ never garnered that much notoriety. So, where's the money going to come from?

That's the same reason why "The Wire" had to end the way it did. Just take a look at how Ice Cube has been struggling to get Chris Tucker "Smokey" to do another "Friday" movie, since he got his break with "Rush Hour." And that's a classic movie almost everyone wants to see a sequel to.
You're right, getting those men together will be very difficult. I've not seen any series with so many characters almost playing major roles. Tobias Beecher, Supreme Allah, Said, Adebisi, the O'reilys, Van Shillinger, etc.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by masseratti: 7:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
remsonik:
I lost interest in game of thrones since ned stark was beheaded. I think they need to take out cersei lannister after this season shes getting too boring. I am also hoping to see the house of stark rise again. I want to see the lannister's power and hold on the kingdom crushed
u r asking for too much,y might as well ask fir the end if the film.d twist is what is keeping you interested,if you want jolly, happy ending series,you know where u will find em.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
missberrypop5:
wetin do women? undecided or didn't you see where i asked if he's married? undecided

I hear you.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Donkunxex(m): 7:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
Niyinficient:

Guy, u dull sha!
and yo beta.... tink before u comment...douche bag
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by coogar: 7:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:

Methodman was also in The Wire (I can't remember which season. But he was with Proposition Joe's camp). The Wire had everything you listed, and more - except that it wasn't a prison set-up with religious and racial gangs. You had different factions of the streets that represented their blocks (Proposition Joe, Avon Barksdale, and later Marlo Stanfield - all into the family), the police, the schools, the government (politicians), the journalists, the connects and supply route(s), the court etc.

The Wire was on another level, trust me. A story you would relate to regardless of who you're in the society.

for me, i would have oz, the sopranos & rome before the wire. oz was in 1997 but everything on that show is still relevant in today's world. the last 2 seasons weren't as good cos the writers got lazy - many of the characters were moving on & they had to quickly die in the show, etc.

the characters on oz were superb. poet, minister saheed, the prison governor, the only female prisoner that loves flashing her bits, and so many other crazy fellas on there. then some of the quotes reeled out by augustus hill(the story-teller on a wheelchair) were legendary.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Omimah: 7:21pm On Oct 19, 2014
coogar:

remember oz had plenty of guest appearances too. ll cool j, methodman & treach(naughty by nature) were prison inmates....

At a point in time Nippy (I can't remember if that is the right name) was leading the Italians. He was also incharge of "importing" tits into OZ. When Adebisi who had earlier dropped his selling tit business, felt sidelined, he infected him with a comb with the drop of blood of an HIV patient.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by agrovick(m): 7:32pm On Oct 19, 2014
missberrypop5:
druhahahahahahaha, i no know say you get faith like this o shocked shocked grin grin grin
when my faith jam irish potato face, he dey strong gannn ni. How ur weekend go
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by coogar: 7:40pm On Oct 19, 2014
Omimah:

At a point in time Nippy (I can't remember if that is the right name) was leading the Italians. He was also incharge of "importing" tits into OZ. When Adebisi who had earlier dropped his selling tit business, felt sidelined, he infected him with a comb with the drop of blood of an HIV patient.

adebisi was pretending all along.
moving at his own slow pace to do his takeover. they killed that nigerian herbalist that became adebisi's spiritual father & adebisi ran mad. grin

when he came out of psycho ward, he knew he had to lay low. bricks was already running things for the homeboys & that italian capo was running all the drugs in the prison facility. adebisi waited for the right moment & infected him with a HIV-infected comb. with that guy outta the way, adebisi subdued bricks & poet......and he became the king of the jungle again.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
coogar:

for me, i would have oz, the sopranos & rome before the wire. oz was in 1997 but everything on that show is still relevant in today's world. the last 2 seasons weren't as good cos the writers got lazy - many of the characters were moving on & they had to quickly die in the show, etc.

the characters on oz were superb. poet, minister saheed, the prison governor, the only female prisoner that loves flashing her bits, and so many other crazy fellas on there. then some of the quotes reeled out by augustus hill(the story-teller on a wheelchair) were legendary.

However, The Wire, is more relevant in the society today than Oz, which was more of a prison pilot. And most people will never go to prison - so relating to the story directly is kind of tough.

But with The Wire, that's the society right there for you. And it actually goes deeper by showing folks what happens in those inner cities most are scared to go to. The drugs, gangs, crime, violence, gangsters, dealers and the hierarchy, the connect, the corrupt police and politicians, the drug fiends, stick-up kids, the messed up school system etc.. That's real life on your TV screen.
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
This screen shot is from d movie "pompei"
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by tuagbo: 8:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
SirShymex:

However, The Wire, is more relevant in the society today than Oz, which was more of a prison pilot. And most people will never go to prison - so relating to the story directly is kind of tough.

But with The Wire, that's the society right there for you. And it actually goes deeper by showing folks what happens in those inner cities most are scared to go to. The drugs, gangs, crime, violence, gangsters, dealers and the hierarchy, the connect, the corrupt police and politicians, the drug fiends, stick-up kids, the messed up school system etc.. That's real life on your TV screen.
It feels really good to finally come across another die-hard fan of "The Wire."Its an absolutely stunning masterpiece...one of a kind...there will never ever be anything like "The wire" ever again.

Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by Omimah: 8:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
coogar:

adebisi was pretending all along.
moving at his own slow pace to do his takeover. they killed that nigerian herbalist that became adebisi's spiritual father & adebisi ran mad. grin

when he came out of psycho ward, he knew he had to lay low. bricks was already running things for the homeboys & that italian capo was running all the drugs in the prison facility. adebisi waited for the right moment & infected him with a HIV-infected comb. with that guy outta the way, adebisi subdued bricks & poet......and he became the king of the jungle again.
I've forgotten this Bricks of a guy. Is he the teenager who was shot alongside Junior by the new French inmate whose shoes they took?
Re: Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Joins ‘Game Of Thrones’ Season 5 by coogar: 8:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
Omimah:

I've forgotten this Bricks of a guy. Is he the teenager who was shot alongside Junior by the new French inmate whose shoes they took?

yes.....he's also called kenny. but he hates the name. each time he was called kenny by anyone, he was quick to remind them his name is now bricks.

oz practically shot that dude into limelight. he was in the wire too(brodie broadus) & more than a dozen music videos after oz. he was in 2pac's ghetto gospel video(he got shot in it via a driveby), he was in freeway's video too. then aaliyah, mariah carey, fabulous' breathe, lumidee, camron & mario.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Pere Disrespected Me – Maria Opens Up / BBTitans: Nana Shares Deep Kiss With Female Housemate, Nelissa (Video) / Download The Complete Marvel Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.