Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,227 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) (2992 Views)

‘I Will Go On Exile If Sylva Wins Bayelsa Guber’ / I Will Go On Exile If I Don’t Build Second Niger Bridge Before 2015 — Jonathan / FG Has So Far Spent N10bn On 2nd Niger Bridge — Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by oboy3(m): 10:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan has promised
to go on exile if he fails to build the Second
Niger Bridge before completing his term in
The Nigerian leader made the promise in his
remarks at a Town Hall Meeting held
yesterday in the commercial city of Onitsha
as part of activities marking his one-day visit
to Anambra State. During the visit, Jonathan
commissioned several projects, including
the oil production facilities of Orient
Petroleum at Aguleri, the massive SABMiller
Brewery at Onitsha and the Chukwuemeka
Odumegwu-Ojukwu Gateway in Onitsha.
The issue of Second Niger Bridge naturally
came up during the Town Hall Meeting since
Jonathan had during his campaigns for the
2011 presidential ballot promised to
construct the bridge if elected President.
Experts have warned that the existing
bridge constructed in 1965 may collapse
any time in view of the heavy traffic.
Speaking yesterday at the Town Hall
Meeting, the Nigerian leader said that “when
the first bridge was built, it was during the
presidency of Nnamdi Azikiwe; the second
Niger bridge will be built under the
presidency of Azikiwe Jonathan.” To further
reassure the people, the President said he
would go on exile on the completion of his
term if he does not build the bridge.
To convince his audience that serious
efforts are being made to build the bridge,
invited Works Minister Mike Onolomemen
and Finance Minister Dr. Ngozi Okonjo
Iweala to brief the people on what was
being done about the construction of the
bridge. Onolomemen reeled out the
technical details about the design of the
bridge and the companies bidding to
construct it, while Okonjo-Iweala unfolded
details about the financial arrangements
being made to construct the bridge.
At the end of the meeting, some of the
participants, among them businessman
Prince Arthur Eze were so thrilled that they
urged President Jonathan to seriously
consider seeking re-election in 2015.
*Photo (courtesy Afripol) shows President
Jonathan, flanked on the left by Governor
Peter Obi, waves at the crowd on his way to
Onitsha.
Source News Express
Posted 31/08/2012 07:52:44 AM

www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=234

1 Like

Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by Arch1: 10:08pm On Oct 20, 2014
The second niger bridge is a scam - Asari Dokubo

2 Likes

Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by Rikidony(m): 10:12pm On Oct 20, 2014
Arch1:
The second niger bridge is a scam - Asari Dokubo
SHUT DA FVCK UP,
THE SECOND NIGER BRIDGE IS UNDERGOING MASSIVE CONSTRUCTION AS WE SPEAK DID YOU EXPECT THE PROJECT TO BE COMPLETED IN 1YEAR

WTF angry

2 Likes

Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by oboy3(m): 10:23pm On Oct 20, 2014
jonathan,jonathan,jonathan,how many times i call you?
Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 20, 2014
Gej has been scaming by eastern folks 4 long

“if I’m voted into power within the next four years, the issue of power will become a thing of the past. 4 years is enough for anyone in power to make significant improvement and if I can’t improve on power within this period, it then means I
cannot do anything even if I am there for the next 4 years.” Jonathan said this while interacting with diplomats of the UN Economic Commission for Africa

8 Likes

Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by jking001(m): 10:34pm On Oct 20, 2014
GOODLUCK JONATHAN, PRESIDENT AND COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES, AGBERO PEOPLES CONGRESS AKA DEVILS PARTY STOP YOUR USELESS PROPANGANDA , IT WOULD TAKE YOU NO WHERE.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by Adindupeter: 10:51pm On Oct 20, 2014
Try another one bro. less I forget, try to be creative this time around..
Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by cooljude(m): 11:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
Nice.
Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by emmysoftyou: 12:11am On Oct 21, 2014
after 2nd riva niger bridge,pls mr president,on behalf my brave igbo brothers in over the world minus iraq and iran?
We say big thank q but mr president we need a mighty stadium in anioma or in imo,and the dredging of river niger on seaport level shuld commence on time bc my pple need to depopulate one overpopulated state in nigeriacheesy.
God bles igboland

i remain faithfu to the entire igboland cool

1 Like

Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by juman(m): 4:07am On Oct 21, 2014
What exactly holding his hand from performing very well is a big question.

So far his performance is bad.

What he supposed to have done was to borrow some couples of billions of dollars (20 billions or more) just to execute some monumental projects.
Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by Yeske2(m): 4:47am On Oct 21, 2014
Rikidony:

SHUT DA FVCK UP,
THE SECOND NIGER BRIDGE IS UNDERGOING MASSIVE CONSTRUCTION AS WE SPEAK DID YOU EXPECT THE PROJECT TO BE COMPLETED IN 1YEAR

WTF angry
Provide evidence of the 'massive construction' please.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by egift(m): 5:10am On Oct 21, 2014
Jonathan better bow out with his head held high. If he contest and loss, he will be useless. Nobody will come close him, even Asari will be commanding him up and down. grin grin grin

Corruption will be voted out.
Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by egift(m): 5:15am On Oct 21, 2014
jking001:
GOODLUCK JONATHAN, PRESIDENT AND COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES,

Bros if na joke stop am. A commander in chief that can't set foot in Chibok. BTW, Asari said that in 2012.

Rikidony:
WTF angry

Bros, not even a single Pillar has been erected. The project is a tool used in aiming 99.9% fraudulent voters turnout in Aligbo. When last did you follow Enugu-Onitsha highway. At 9th Mile, both lanes are unusable.

1 Like

Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by Yeske2(m): 5:26am On Oct 21, 2014
@egift, forget Jonathan and his minders abeg. Just get past Umunya on your way to Enugu and you're in for hell, getting worse everyday. Most transporters going to Enugu now go through Onitsha-Enugu old road. Just imagine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by egift(m): 5:38am On Oct 21, 2014
Yeske2:
@egift, forget Jonathan and his minders abeg. Just get past Umunya on your way to Enugu and you're in for hell, getting worse everyday. Most transporters going to Enugu now go through Onitsha-Enugu old road. Just imagine.

Yes. An that road is narrow and bendy. While returning from from Akwa, I had to follow that one. And I believe 5 yrs is more than enough to have fixed that road. Even the part done in the Onitsha end is being done by the State. And we all know how hard it is to retrieve these funds when the work is done.

May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by Yeske2(m): 5:58am On Oct 21, 2014
egift:

Yes. An that road is narrow and bendy. While returning from from Akwa, I had to follow that one. And I believe 5 yrs is more than enough to have fixed that road. Even the part done in the Onitsha end is being done by the State. And we all know how hard it is to retrieve these funds when the work is done.

May God help us all.
Fact and all they do is come spew trash here as if everyone is blind to what's on ground. Not 5 years mind you, 2 years vice president, 2years acting, almost 4 years as president and nothing to show for it.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by harrwix(m): 6:05am On Oct 21, 2014
thought the news was already stale
Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by Caseless: 6:20am On Oct 21, 2014
Give ur lies to d ibos that wld cheaply fall for it, not us- we wont fall it anymore.
Who believes this coy anyway...

2 Likes

Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by udemedia: 6:24am On Oct 21, 2014
Just watching
Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by egift(m): 6:25am On Oct 21, 2014
harrwix:
thought the news was already stale

The the Scheme is that we Forget? Is that the plan? We will not. Time for Jonathan to go to exile as he promised.
Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by Ngwakwe: 6:29am On Oct 21, 2014
The Federal Government has fully paid its counterpart funding for construction of 2nd Niger Bridge - Fact

Moreover, I can't remember any development commissioned by Buhari in the South East than his contribution to bombing it to stone age.

Where in the South East did Buhari remember during his PTF massive projects?

Does Buhari regard Igbos as Nigerians?

Buhari has been

1. Minister for Petroleum in OBJ government

2. Head of State

3. PTDF Chairman under Abacha

You want Buhari to kill us as he supervised the killing on his unarmed colleague (our brother)

The man Buhari is always on a vindictive mission as in 1983 - 1985 and should never be allowed near Aso Rock as there is no comparison between the religious bigot and Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 21, 2014
Ngwakwe:
The Federal Government has fully paid its counterparts funding for construction of 2nd Niger Bridge - Fact

I can't remember any investment Buhari made in the South East than his contribution to bombing it to stone age.

Where in the South East did Buhari remember during his PTF massive projects?

Does Buhari regard Igbos as Nigerians?

Buhari has been

1. Minister for Petroleum in OBJ government

2. Head of State

3. PTDF Chairman under Abacha

You want Buhari to kill us as he supervised the killing on his unarmed colleague (our brother)

The man Buhari is always on a vindictive mission as in 1983 - 1985 and should never be allowed near Aso Rock as there is no comparison between the religious bigot and Goodluck Ebelemi Jonathan.
Not only that, early works has been done and payment of compensation was just concluded.
https://www.nairaland.com/1880688/second-niger-bridge-displaced-communities
Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by harrwix(m): 6:37am On Oct 21, 2014
egift:

The the Scheme is that we Forget? Is that the plan? We will not. Time for Jonathan to go to exile as he promised.

smiley funny, is that actually what you want
btw serious work is already going on site by JB. so....
Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by egift(m): 6:40am On Oct 21, 2014
harrwix:

smiley funny, is that actually what you want
btw serious work is already going on site by JB. so....

Show us just one pillar standing in the River. We are waiting.

1 Like

Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by newguy1(m): 6:44am On Oct 21, 2014
If dis politician can put half of d zeal n hardwork dey put in trying to win election, naija go dey better place @least
Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by harrwix(m): 6:45am On Oct 21, 2014
egift:

Show us just one pillar standing in the River. We are waiting.

alright...keep on waiting
Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 21, 2014
Amazing picture of the second Niger bridge. Gej the 2015

1 Like

Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by philantoxx(m): 7:07am On Oct 21, 2014
GEJ has to do more.5years already as a president.with another potential 4 years.
failing to deliver will be a scandal.
Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by FKO81(m): 9:31am On Oct 21, 2014
[quote author=egift post=27316484]Jonathan better bow out with his head held high. If he contest and loss, he will be useless. Nobody will come close him, even Asari will be commanding him up and down. grin grin grin

Corruption will be voted out.[/quote

Bro your attack on any thread that contains GEJ always disgust me, I'm not pro jonathan, you're full of hate, i wonder how you sleep with so much hatred in you, I don't know if your El rufai, any thing God propose you and I can do noting, if God says GEJ will win, you can do nothing, so please save your life and worry less about the man that dosen't even know you exist, your writing rubbuish about the projects in east what do you know? Niger cat is working on Enugu side same with IDC and CCC in Anambra, have you been to the site where they are constructing the second niger bridge? Your ranting on nairaland every day can change our minds, trying to repackage the muslem fanatics Buhari won't work, if you claim GEJ is corrupt how about Tinubu, Fashola, Buhari, Atiku, Amechi etc they are all saint? Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by skyeboy98(m): 9:43am On Oct 21, 2014
oboy3:
jonathan,jonathan,jonathan,how many times i call you?
I no count am
Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by skyeboy98(m): 9:46am On Oct 21, 2014
[quote author=FKO81 post=27321148][/quote]no, they are not saint but tell ur uncle to do what will benetit everybody
Re: I Will Go On Exile If I Don't Build 2nd Niger Bridge-jonathan(2012) by Rikidony(m): 5:11pm On Oct 21, 2014
egift:

Bros if na joke stop am. A commander in chief that can't set foot in Chibok. BTW, Asari said that in 2012.

Bros, not even a single Pillar has been erected. The project is a tool used in aiming 99.9% fraudulent voters turnout in Aligbo. When last did you follow Enugu-Onitsha highway. At 9th Mile, both lanes are unusable.
U SO DUMMY WEN LAST DID U PAST THROUGH THE CONSTRUCTION SITE FVCKTARD

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Takes Selfie with young nigerians / Attention Seun: / Do You Feel Vindicated For Not Voting For Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.