Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,717 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 PM

A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance (11170 Views)

Mobile Number Portability Ads Meant To Divert Attention - Consumer Rights Group / Airtel Nigeria Stop The Illegal Deductions From Our Account Balance!!! / Scammers Use Bulk SMS To Customize Bank Alerts - Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by Nobody: 1:26pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hello fellow Nigerians,
I will like to share this with you and so prevent millions of my country people from being scammed.
First, ever since I did my sim registration it was as if my network provider had given out my numbers to all kinds of people because I keep receiving different messages. If fact I don tire to dey delete the messages.
The latest scam that hit me was that a number flashed me two times so I decided to call back. While dialing the number I was hearing football commentary, not knowing that my money was being deducted. If the number was a short code I could have suspected but it wasn't! Kindly take note of the number so your account won't be drained like mine. The number is 014405104. If you have also experienced this, kindly share.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by okonja(m): 1:35pm On Oct 21, 2014
Alright, NOTED!
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by shaqhead: 1:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
Yeah ws flashed by a similar num 014405109 bt nevr rily botherd callin bk! thnks for the info
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by UniqueGem(m): 2:32pm On Oct 21, 2014
Happened to me too, when i called back i started hearing about manchester united. Seems dey know the club you support too.
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
Exactly. Happened to a friend of recently.
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 21, 2014
enairaprof:
Hello fellow Nigerians,
I will like to share this with you and so prevent millions of my country people from being scammed.
First, ever since I did my sim registration it was as if my network provider had given out my numbers to all kinds of people because I keep receiving different messages. If fact I don tire to dey delete the messages.
The latest scam that hit me was that a number flashed me two times so I decided to call back. While dialing the number I was hearing football commentary, not knowing that my money was being deducted. If the number was a short code I could have suspected but it wasn't! Kindly take note of the number so your account won't be drained like mine. The number is 014405104. If you have also experienced this, kindly share.
it seems they know that most persons have stop subscribing to their value added service so they result to calling with Real phone numbers. Ncc wouldn't see this to address only to sanction operators with huge amount money to detriment of we the subscribe.

1 Like

Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by Joe50(m): 3:17pm On Oct 21, 2014
Na only GLO network i dey get dat useless missed calls
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by Nobody: 3:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
http://2goface.com/invite?ref=Netoc65
Hello everyone, i have found a great site to connect with student and workers.Just visit this link : http://2goface.com/invite?ref=Netoc65 #2goface
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by Bimpe29: 3:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
Many thanks.
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by blackwood(m): 3:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
shaqhead:
Yeah ws flashed by a similar num 014405109 bt nevr rily botherd callin bk! thnks for the info
Was flashed by this same number, Thank God I did not have credit to call back O! I thought my chevron application don enter

2 Likes

Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 21, 2014
happened to me too
but i called bak unknowingly becos im using smart phone
thank God my phone was on loudspeaker so realized early enuff
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by priscaoge(f): 4:12pm On Oct 21, 2014
014405104 was d number that flashed me several times. I later called back but they didn't pick.
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by Abbey2sam(m): 4:51pm On Oct 21, 2014
There's method mtn is using again, they will call you with 4500 and once you pick you automatically subscribe to something you know
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by Donkaz(m): 4:55pm On Oct 21, 2014
blackwood:

Was flashed by this same number, Thank God I did not have credit to call back O! I thought my chevron application don enter
lol gringringringrin
Na God save you
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by OsoDupe(f): 5:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
014405109; this number included too.
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by jydux(m): 6:18pm On Oct 21, 2014
Same number called/flashed me. Twice. And to think I was bummed I missed the call.
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
OsoDupe:
014405109; this number included too.
dude come make we relate na...
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by ceejay80s(m): 7:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
Ncc should do something about it immediately , that number can be barred
Dos kin news suppose dey front page,so make people know wetin dey happen to avoid being a victim
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by chillex8(m): 7:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
Missed their call

1 Like

Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 21, 2014
Noted! Though 547 and 0708 060 4007 have been disturbing my Airtel line.
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 21, 2014
Got a message from a number like that too, telling me how much she loves and misses me, I called I heard a white woman saying hello, I just cut the call cause the sim was Etisalat meant for downloading only and I had not given the number to anybody.
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by Hoii(m): 8:33pm On Oct 21, 2014
Happened to me too
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 21, 2014
this topic should be featured on frontpage to create awearness. mr seun
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by freezyprinzy(m): 8:59pm On Oct 21, 2014
imas:
Got a message from a number like that too, telling me how much she loves and misses me, I called I heard a white woman saying hello, I just cut the call cause the sim was Etisalat meant for downloading only and I had not given the number to anybody.
going 2ru d same palava...tired using a new sim enterd a website and wohla started getting em messages so itz d website dats giving d number 2 em whores:-/..imagine ur gf seeing d stuff
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by FATM: 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2014
Yes it s true , it happened to me last week it was a no starting with +88... , i thought i missed the call and decided to call back , low and behold in just 3seconds all my credit was gone and i suspected it was a scam. Till now the no still keeps flashing me but i ll never call back again
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by 9jaforlife: 9:10pm On Oct 21, 2014
[/b] READ ABOUT ETISALAT FRAUDULENT TEXT MESSAGES FROM 5540 [b]

I received a text in the midnight and that was the only reason I read it, if it was during the day I would have been too busy to read. The text said "You Have Been Renewed For Story Box. You Have Been Charged N100 For 5 Days. Blah Blah...". Now, you would think that I'd be charged every 5 Days. No!! I scrolled down and realized that they've been deducting N100 everyday from my balance for a long time, sometimes twice in a day!! Meanwhile, they didn't even provide me any form of service whatsoever.

I immediately called customer service and the lady told me that I must have received a text about it earlier, that because I didn't reply them to stop, "it meant" that I wanted the service. How the hell am I supposed to stop what I didn't start Isn't there supposed to be a code that you send to a number in order to subscribe for something? I don't even read the myriad of useless texts that they send! Imagine if these Etisalat rogues deduce N100 (sometimes N200) from 50,000 customers, that's over N5m in one day!

Later, EFCC will start arresting hungry men for fishing in 'wrong waters'; and here we have corporate fraudsters stealing from their own customers in every way possible. God will surely deal with you Etisalat. JAGUDA!!!
Re: A New Trick Scammers Use To Divert Your Phone Account Balance by rezzy: 10:47pm On Oct 21, 2014
A number like that called my sister and she picked, they started talking about church stuff.

Will edit it soon, let me check her watsapp for details

(1) (Reply)

TRANSFORM YOUR SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 TO A SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 {Screenshots Included} / How To Borrow Airtime From Mtn Without Paying Back / MTN New Midnight Data Plan For Only N25

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.