Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,481 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father (2163 Views)

My Husband Denied Me Sex For 8 Years, Woman Tells Court / Man Abandons Children In Boarding School For Eight Years / Should A Primary Child Be In A Boarding School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Amaka55(f): 7:44am On Oct 23, 2014
Yesterday, I posted a viral story about a father who dumped his children in a boarding school for 8 years.
Adepegba’s children-Seun, 14, Titilola 13, and Seyi, 10, had been abandoned since 2007 at Solid Rock Model College in Abule-Iroko, Ogun State and all efforts by the school to reach the dad failed Mr Segun Adepegba, the father of the three children reached out to Punch via a telephone interview and explained why he did it .He said..

"In 2007, my wife and I had a misunderstanding and she told me she was leaving me. I was frustrated and the children were little. Seyi, the youngest was just two years while Titilola was just five.
There was no way I could give them motherly care. I had no job. As a man, I needed someone to help me take care of them and that was why my sister suggested that we enrol them in a boarding school.”...

“I feared that if I suddenly appeared at the school, the proprietor would get the police to arrest me. I really appreciate the proprietor of Solid Rock Model College, for coming to my rescue and accepting the responsibility to help me take care of my children. The truth is this: I was pushed to the wall. I didn’t want my children to be beggars on the street.

Read more & See photo: https://www.facebook.com//posts/365083690325457
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Chazzyboy: 7:52am On Oct 23, 2014
But your children needs you
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Bellasharonne(f): 8:03am On Oct 23, 2014
not a solution, nor justification .... but who am I to judge...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Gboliwe: 8:39am On Oct 23, 2014
Very irresponsible father.
Seriously though, I won't be surprised if that man is a nairalander. Sheet happens!
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 23, 2014
Gboliwe:
Very irresponsible father.
Seriously though, I won't be surprised if that man is a nairalander. Sheet happens!

Are nairalanders supposed to be the epitome of responsibility?

1 Like

Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 23, 2014
That is why u left them for good 8 years? What have u been doing during those years? Sleeping under bridge? How about your family or parents? Dnt any of them exist to help u out? Nonsense! You dnt have any excuse! Try harder! Same goes to the mother.Such irresponsible parents. I dnt know why some men abandon their kids once they have problems with their mothers. They will just transfer their aggression to their children and act like they never had them. Its very bad. Why will u transfer ur anger to the kids when they are innocent?

1 Like

Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Haywhymido(m): 9:48am On Oct 23, 2014
Owk o, dariz godu o
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 23, 2014
Thank God he was finally opened up. I have said it before that economic situations may be hard, but this should not have given him the excuse not to have visited the children for the past eight years. Besides, he can not tell me that for the past 8 years , After all, he cant tell me that he never f.ukk a woman or give a woman money or He has been sleeping under the bridge. We have cases worst than his in lagos or nigeria, and they are still sorting themselves out. If you cant avoid private school, try public. It is not a crime or the end of the world. His irresponsibility was exposed by the school and he should turn a new leave by moving closer to those kids as there father an not empty promises again. That is why it takes grace of God to stay in a relationship these days talkless of marriage.
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by smartmom(f): 10:02am On Oct 23, 2014
So? the school should take responsibility of fatherhood and motherhood? angry How about taking that initial fee, employ a live-in nanny and manage whatever you have with your kids? I am sure if given the choice, they would prefer to eat garri with you to eating rice and chicken and lack parental love.

As for the mother, is she still alive? can she see the situation of her kids?. Whatever separated the couple may have been serious but there is no excuse to punish the kids for their(parents) mistake.
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Ilovenigeria(f): 10:21am On Oct 23, 2014
But he has credit to be granting interview.
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Kanwulia: 11:05am On Oct 23, 2014
USSSSSSSSELESSNESS in human form! cheesy
Blessed art the abandoned fruits of the womb and blokos balls!
MUCHECHECHECHECHE!!!! grin

So happy more women are growing the same nerves of steel to ABANDON their kids JUST LIKE THE MEN ARE COMFORTABLE DOING ALL OVER AFRICA!!!

Make the children become community property!
Kudos to the school authorities. kiss

Yoruba men na waya o! cheesy
The Igbo ones are busy running KIDNAPPING rings with GRANDMAS to and fro UK to Nigeria. grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Gboliwe: 12:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
theLORDreigns:

Are nairalanders supposed to be the epitome of responsibility?

Lol @ question. I guess it came out that way.
Anyway, I meant to say that with the alacrity the man used in calling punch and trying to excuse his irresponsible arrsse, I wouldn't be surprised he were a user here. The way nlanders cursed, insulted and washed him yesterday may be the reason he got provoked to excuse his wickedness and irresponsibility. If it weren't for the news being on social medias which I want to believe he is a part of, he won't have tried to reach out. Meanwhile, the way he is going about this is annoying. I wish he is taught a lesson. Tomorrow, when one of those "community" raised kids is getting married, he will don an apparel to claim "father". God punish satan!
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by SAMBARRY: 1:06pm On Oct 23, 2014
Are you minding them.awon oniranu united . just yesterday my junior colleague came to jist me this same issue at my office, I chose not to say anything because it didn't sound true in my ears.i said I will check punch newspaper and or nairaland only for me to see that it is true. There is nothing she didn't call the man finish. Anyway the man's excuse is not genuine and reasonable because as you have rightly said, shebi he has parents, siblings and relations.how then was he paying their school fees for the years he dumped them in school?

These are the kinds of children that should be waking up everyday and be cursing their parents because baba o gbadun, iya o sunwo
Sophyrocks:
That is why u left them for good 8 years? What have u been doing during those years? Sleeping under bridge? How about your family or parents? Dnt any of them exist to help u out? Nonsense! You dnt have any excuse! Try harder! Same goes to the mother.Such irresponsible parents. I dnt know why some men abandon their kids once they have problems with their mothers. They will just transfer their aggression to their children and act like they never had them. Its very bad. Why will u transfer ur anger to the kids when they are innocent?
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by radiant3(f): 1:40pm On Oct 23, 2014
Heartless father!he still had the effontery to give reasons why he abandoned three children for eight years

Smh!
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Warfibabe(f): 1:56pm On Oct 23, 2014
Is he saying that If the wife hadnt left him, he would have had the money to take care of them? .. Ok maybe i dont understand his reasons. undecided
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2014
Amaka55:

There was no way I could give them motherly care. I had no job. As a man, I needed someone to help me take care of them and that was why my sister suggested that we enrol them in a boarding school.”...

What about fatherly care?

1 Like

Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 23, 2014
Gboliwe:

Lol @ question. I guess it came out that way.
Lol, yes it did. smiley

Anyway, I meant to say that with the alacrity the man used in calling punch and trying to excuse his irresponsible arrsse, I wouldn't be surprised he were a user here. The way nlanders cursed, insulted and washed him yesterday may be the reason he got provoked to excuse his wickedness and irresponsibility.
Not necessarily a NLder...but I see where you're coming from.

If it weren't for the news being on social medias which I want to believe he is a part of, he won't have tried to reach out.
Agree.

Meanwhile, the way he is going about this is annoying.
Its extremely irritating. His words below make it seem like it was a well-thought out plan...there I was feeling 'sorry' for him (& his situation).

He said '"...There was no way I could give them motherly care. I had no job. As a man, I needed someone to help me take care of them and that was why my sister suggested that we enrol them in a boarding school..."

I wish he is taught a lesson. Tomorrow, when one of those "community" raised kids is getting married, he will don an apparel to claim "father". God punish satan!

When those kids grow older and understand better...he will suffer for what he did to them.
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by DesChyko: 3:01pm On Oct 23, 2014
When I come across stories like this, I prefer not to judge.
It is only the mad man that knows the sweetness of madness.
I am not him, I can't outrightly condemn his actions. I don't know where exactly he is coming from.
I just learn from the story and hope I can do better than he did.
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Pavore9: 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2014
Yeye man! ln few years time he will feel entitled to the daughters dowries!

1 Like

Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by ifyalways(f): 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2014
The man does not deserve a handshake but I won't judge him.

Life is all about choices, abandoning them in the school was the best choice for him them.

What other options does he have? :-

Hand them over to relatives who would use them as houseboys/girls
Put them out on the streets and highways to hawk
Strangle them and run away
Abandon them in a church

He's made his choice, he will live with the consequences. Good news is that the kids are fine.

Had the man gone to the school without money,I bet the kids would be thrown out, regardless of whatever story he comes up with.

Life is all about choices. The end might justify the means. . .
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Stillfire: 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
I can't help but pity the man though. undecided
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by LaRoyalHighness(f): 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2014
I just feel sad...
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by bizngr(f): 4:38pm On Oct 23, 2014
This was my comment in the previous thread...
Hmmm, this is really a sad story.
But on the other hand, he was wise enough to have taken them to a boarding school knowing they will be looked after. He is still better than the heartless people who abandon their little babies in dustbins and gutters. I believe he has an intention of reuniting with them someday.

You can't pass an unbiased judgement on this man until you walk his shoes.
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
ifyalways:
The man does not deserve a handshake but I won't judge him.
Life is all about choices, abandoning them in the school was the best choice for him them.
What other options does he have? :-
Hand them over to relatives who would use them as houseboys/girls
Put them out on the streets and highways to hawk
Strangle them and run away
Abandon them in a church
He's made his choice, he will live with the consequences. Good news is that the kids are fine.
Had the man gone to the school without money,I bet the kids would be thrown out, regardless of whatever story he comes up with.
Life is all about choices. The end might justify the means. . .

@ 'was the best choice for him' ,note that the school was under no obligation to cater for his children beyond the terms of agreements. The children could have fared far worse.

@ 'Had the man gone to the school without money' , the money he paid wasn't enough, so they could have been 'thrown out' at some point. I think the school authorities deserve some form of acknowledgement or recognition for 'adopting' these children over this period of time.

Imagine a state where every 'poor' or 'less privileged' father dumps his child(ren) in boarding schools and absconds...instead of carrying out their respective responsibilities...nothing 'best' about that.
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 23, 2014
bizngr:
This was my comment in the previous thread...
Hmmm, this is really a sad story.
But on the other hand, he was wise enough to
have taken them to a boarding school knowing
they will be looked after. He is still better than
the heartless people who abandon their little
babies in dustbins and gutters. I believe he has
an intention of reuniting with them someday.

You can't pass an unbiased judgement on this man until you walk his shoes.

There's nothing 'wise' about his decision. He deserves to be arrested and forced to pay up the backlog debt to the school authorities.

It was an irresponsible act. There was no assurance that the children would be catered for by the school authorities awaiting his 'reunion' .
Re: Why I Abandoned My Children In A Boarding School For 8 Years-father by itstpia1: 5:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
How did he respond so fast as soon as the news broke?

(1) (Reply)

I Am Very Afraid, I Need This Advice / What Will You Do If Your Wife Is 'doing It' / Can There Be Anything Worse In A Marriage Than A Married Couple Cheating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.