Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,558 members, 7,837,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

I Need Help - Health (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need Help (228070 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (104) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help by Artistree: 8:15am On Nov 09, 2014
tempem:

A signature of a witness, I could see.
Proudly one...
Re: I Need Help by bntY: 8:20am On Nov 09, 2014
@babyosisi,i doubt the op was not informed of the diagnosis. A lot of d time, patients live in denial. They hop frm one hospital to d other in search of a favourable diagnosis.It is most likely a CLD and dy are rooting for d cause by d various investigations.I suggest op returns to luth or another tertiary hospital(nothing less) and hav a frank talk wt his physician about management options. Then we can talk about cost.Op pls do that today

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help by godoluwa(m): 8:23am On Nov 09, 2014
hmmm. God will blese Seun(owner of nairalan), all d nairalanders that has contributed in one way or d other to save op from his condition. @op, God in His power & mercies will restore ur sound health, you will not die prematurely & you will fulfil God's purpose for u in dis world(Amen). am loving nairaland & will continue to love it cos its like one family.
Re: I Need Help by deiz(f): 8:23am On Nov 09, 2014
You are healed IJN

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help by olu4life(m): 8:31am On Nov 09, 2014
Just contacted a doctor friend. He said something I like. Said we shouldn't base d OP report on the hospital. We can only go to UCH only if referred from LUTH. He doesn't believe LUTH will not be able to handle the case. Hope we take to this advise
Re: I Need Help by msmon(m): 8:31am On Nov 09, 2014
Hammed (a.k.a DJDOLA), I'm suppose to say this if I visit you but since distance won't permit me, I'm sending this invocation via this medium.

Laa ba 'sa tahoorun in shaa Allah.
'Do not worry, it will be a purification for you, Allah willing'

As 'alullahal 'Azeema Rabbal 'Arshil 'Azeem an yashfiyaka. (x7)
'I ask Almighty Allah, Lord of the Magnificent Throne, to make you well '
Ameen

After reading a few pages on this thread, I saw this picture of you lying on the bed and I feel a sense of empathy and wish I'm not an unemployed graduate.

With tear in my eye, I manage to speak with a doctor friend in UCH and send the pix to him via bbm, he said the ailment is cancer related and that UCH has necessary facilities to handle it. I can link you up with him if you wish to go to UCH in Ibadan. He also promised to do everything within his capacity to ensure you get proper medical attention.

I will not promise financial assistance but I hope Allah will surprise me to surprise you.

Peace Onto You Bro

***modified***
AND

On behalf of DJDOLA, I'm thanking. Every member of NL for their response and assistance (moral, financial, spiritual) and utmost appreciation goes to the mod and Oluwaseun Osewa.

This attest the fact that we love ourselves in Nigeria irrespective of religion, political and tribal differences.

God bless you all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help by Ariyke: 8:33am On Nov 09, 2014
God bless all Nairalander that help either with money or prayer may God heal the Op and may we not experience what Op is experiencing cry cry wish I could help also
Re: I Need Help by tempem: 8:35am On Nov 09, 2014
Artistree:

Proudly one...
Enjoy the meeting today, bro... We talk better after meeting.... Will follow you now.
Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 09, 2014
My heartfelt gratitude to every nairalander who has offered to help and still helping in anyway-financially, advice, prayers, etc.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 09, 2014
may God heal you op.. all thru the night I was just thinking of the pains he could be going thru.. mehhnnn

By the grace of Almighty God your story will end in testimony and very very soon...Amen

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help by Artistree: 8:46am On Nov 09, 2014
tempem:

Enjoy the meeting today, bro... We talk better after meeting.... Will follow you now.
Ayam a sister o! Meeting is nine, already at d KH. Ttyl...
Re: I Need Help by Besto(m): 8:46am On Nov 09, 2014
I duff my heart for every err1 dat v made donation....sickness will neva know ur pets not to talk of ur families sef.AMEN

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by DJDOLA(m): 8:52am On Nov 09, 2014
Am afraid of wasting NL money 2 most of nigeria hospital dis time...first I was at RANDLE from RANDLE I was transfer 2 MAINLAND yaba from MAINLAND 2 LUTH now I stay like 2 weeks in LUTH wat dey do is 2 add 2 my swelling stomach because it not as big as it now before upon over 100k am not still ok I left because they said I should go and do another scan worth of 53thousand and by then we have no kobo anymore...that's why am afraid 2 waste NL money 2 hospital again dis time
Re: I Need Help by Busybody2(f): 8:56am On Nov 09, 2014
sademola:
You are truly a "busy body". All your "responded and responded n responded" never helped rather causing distractions. What DJDOLA needs NOW is getting well.

Indeed, none of them chipped in to help, only you have been helping. Gee thanks for that. You can run along now cool

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by meerkat(m): 8:57am On Nov 09, 2014
DJDola

Have faith. You are healed in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

...Waiting for your testimony.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by Busybody2(f): 9:00am On Nov 09, 2014
Gboliwe:

Sent him home to go and die. Sent him home because he didn't have money. No wonder we are still referred to as a developing nation. No thanks to all our collective efforts, actions and inactions. Such a sad state.

olu4life:
Just contacted a doctor friend. He said something I like. Said we shouldn't base d OP report on the hospital. We can only go to UCH only if referred from LUTH. He doesn't believe LUTH will not be able to handle the case. Hope we take to this advise

Good morning guys. Is it a good idea to contact the Doctor/Endocrinologist who made the M.Ascites/decompensated CLD diagnosis at LUTH?

At least if anything he would be able to reassure DJDOLA in a way and hopefully this might prompt the Doctor to handle his patient care management better?

Olu4life, does your Doctor friend know any Gastroenterologist or Hepatologist who can handle his case at LUTH?

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by Gboliwe: 9:02am On Nov 09, 2014
baslone:

Tears dropped my eyes reading thru your post.

I just followed you on NL and will be checking on your updates from time to time. Stay strong bro- it's just a trying time.

I just transferred 150k to your account. Please confirm it- Will send you more as the days roll by.

God bless you!
God bless you. Thank You

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help by Gboliwe: 9:04am On Nov 09, 2014
DJDOLA:
I thank everybody..people are really trying GOD bless u all...I still don't no d hospital I will go...all am waiting for is NL 2 decide I don't want 2 waste d money u guys sent 2 me 2 another hospital without proper treatment am still at home laying on down on bed...I can not it any swallowed foods except PAP or tea
Someone from NL will get in touch with you before tomorrow. Relax, you will be fine
Re: I Need Help by Gboliwe: 9:12am On Nov 09, 2014
Busybody2:

Good morning guys. Is it a good idea to contact the Doctor who made the Ascites/decompensated CLD diagnosis at LUTH?

At least if anything he would be able to reassure DJDOLA in a way and hopefully this might prompt the Doctor to handle his patient care management better?

Olu4life, does your Doctor friend know who can handle his case at LUTH?

I think its a great idea he goes back to LUTH again. This time, he has backing of man and money, atleast better than what it used to be. Nigerians have a funny way of getting things done when under pressure or spotlight. If that be so, LUTH should be able to atleast give us a focused and precise situation of the man. If he has to be referred to idia, Uch or anywhere else, LUTH too should be in the best position to do so
Re: I Need Help by msmon(m): 9:13am On Nov 09, 2014
You are right, but I'm afraid as two or three people has been skeptical about LUTH from what I have read here, even OP is skeptical.
My and Olu4life have contact in UCH who will be able to handle him properly. Let's do something fast.
Busybody2:

Good morning guys. Is it a good idea to contact the Doctor who made the Ascites/decompensated CLD diagnosis at LUTH?

Olu4life, does your Doctor friend know who can handle his case at LUTH?
Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 09, 2014
Gboliwe:

I think its a great idea he goes back to LUTH again. This time, he has backing of man and money, atleast better than what it used to be. Nigerians have a funny way of getting things done when under pressure or spotlight. If that be so, LUTH should be able to atleast give us a focused and precise situation of the man. If he has to be referred to idia, Uch or anywhere else, LUTH too should be in the best position to do so

I concur
Re: I Need Help by topcube(m): 9:15am On Nov 09, 2014
I don't like commenting on Nairaland, but, one still voice has being disturbing me to do so...

I will be brief on my opinion to you, Hammed or DJDOLA. Wake up from ur sleep, go to genuine private hospitals within Lagos (It's expensive, but, they will tell you what's going on) let Nairalanders know exactly what went wrong, all I read here are Ascite, liver problem, cancer etc, what exactly is wrong?

And next time, don't rush to reveal ur AC Number, it's make some doubting Thomas (e.g, like me) thinks it's a scam in the 1st place thereby, creating setback 4U.

N:B
I don't have much money right now, but, whatever you find out and concluded on, reply here, I will see how I can help by sending you little amout or I'll donate liver 4U free of charge (but, that's if; mine, match with yours).

Pls NL, remember to pray for Hammed while in church today, I've said mine to Omni Presece right here in my room.

Hammed aka DJDOLA, God that raise up Jesus Christ on the third day, will heal you in Jesus Name

4 Likes

Re: I Need Help by Fkhalifa(m): 9:20am On Nov 09, 2014
Azallul azeem rabal arshil azeem anyashfiyak(7ce)
may Allah heal you and make it as purification ameen.

Special thanks to every nlder who has donated,i pray you shall be enriched abundantly.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by msmon(m): 9:22am On Nov 09, 2014
My doctor friend in UCH has given me assurance, he said I should link you up with him that you will get prompt medical attention with rigorous process. Another nairalander (Olu4life) has also mentioned he had a contact in UCH as well.
DJDOLA:
Am afraid of wasting NL money 2 most of nigeria hospital dis time...first I was at RANDLE from RANDLE I was transfer 2 MAINLAND yaba from MAINLAND 2 LUTH now I stay like 2 weeks in LUTH wat dey do is 2 add 2 my swelling stomach because it not as big as it now before upon over 100k am not still ok I left because they said I should go and do another scan worth of 53thousand and by then we have no kobo anymore...that's why am afraid 2 waste NL money 2 hospital again dis time
Re: I Need Help by Donvilo(m): 9:24am On Nov 09, 2014
DJDOLA:
I thank everybody..people are really trying GOD bless u all...I still don't no d hospital I will go...all am waiting for is NL 2 decide I don't want 2 waste d money u guys sent 2 me 2 another hospital without proper treatment am still at home laying on down on bed...I can not it any swallowed foods except PAP or tea

Don't worry brother, u're going to be alright soon. I can feel ur pain & understand what u are passing thru. it's not an easy experience, believe me. But fear not, ok? The Lord is your strength. I really wish I could help u now but my status as a student limits my capacity to do. But I promise to send u some money should incase I have enough cash with me. Just stay put, one of our nairaland members will be coming to take care of the monetary issues, just make sure that u're always in contact with Seun to be sure that the person comig to u is the right source! Be strong bro, u will make it.

PS: Will be praying for ur speedy recovery.
Re: I Need Help by Gboliwe: 9:27am On Nov 09, 2014
topcube:
I don't like commenting on Nairaland, but, one still voice has being disturbing me to do so...

I will be brief on my opinion to you, Hammed or DJDOLA. Wake up from ur sleep, go to genuine private hospitals within Lagos (It's expensive, but, they will tell you what's going on) let Nairalanders know exactly what went wrong, all I read here are Ascite, liver problem, cancer etc, what exactly is wrong?

And next time, don't rush to reveal ur AC Number, it's make some doubting Thomas (e.g, like me) thinks it's a scam in the 1st place thereby, creating setback 4U.

N:B
I don't have much money right now, but, whatever you find out and concluded on, reply here, I will see how I can help by sending you little amout or I'll donate liver 4U free of charge (but, that's if; mine, match with yours).

Pls NL, remember to pray for Hammed while in church today, I've said mine to Omni Presece right here in my room.

Hammed aka DJDOLA, God that raise up Jesus Christ on the third day, will heal you in Jesus Name

Wow! Wow! Wow! Thank you boss! The part in bold got me emotional again. That's sacrificial giving and I pray it doesn't come to that stage but all in all, I say thank you for the heart of love. God bless you again.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 09, 2014
I sent an email to a medical website in the united states that had an "ask a doctor portal" and attached a picture of the OPs condition and without even running tests they narrowed it down to 2 probable causes. below is their observation

1) Disorders of the pancreas can result in ascites in a variety of ways. Acute pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas) can cause fluid accumulation as part of the inflammatory response. Chronic pancreatitis can result in malnutrition, leading to decreased total body protein, loss of oncotic pressure, and ascites. Pancreatic cancer can cause direct fluid loss.

2) Budd-Chiari syndrome is caused by the blockage of the hepatic veins (those that drain the liver). This causes the triad of ascites, abdominal pain, and
hepatosplenomegaly (enlargement of the liver
and spleen).

They did however rule out cancer until further tests are done.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help by Busybody2(f): 9:37am On Nov 09, 2014
msmon:
You are right, but I'm afraid as two or three people has been skeptical about LUTH from what I have read here, even OP is skeptical.
My and Olu4life have contact in UCH who will be able to handle him properly. Let's do something fast.

More than 20 people advised to avoid LUTH, but Dr Naijaking1 stated that it might not be safe for him to travel 3 hours and that it's best he has someone coordinate the transfer before setting off elsewhere. Olu4life too just mentioned as well that UCH would need a referral from LUTH.

An ultrasound ought to be carried out and I hope this is not what LUTH is requesting for N53k for
Re: I Need Help by topcube(m): 9:38am On Nov 09, 2014
DJDOLA:

Go find a reputable private hospital or visit a friend of mine (A dignosyst, sorry I don't know (rushing sumwia) if that spelln is correct, I meant, those pple dat does scan & medical test) to reveal d real cause of swelling.

Can't remember d add. (Not in Lagos currently) Let me try, Spifomedic Lab, not far from LASUTH, beside Ikeja underbridge, b4, Ikeja b/stop, comn from Bank Anthony way.
Stop complaining, do sometin...

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by abbahsaint: 9:50am On Nov 09, 2014
@DjDola. God will heal you in Jesus Name. Amen! With people like Caracta, Chaircover and the rest of you who have helped the OP through financial aids or kind words, there is still hope for our beloved country. May God bless you all. @DjDola, hang in there bro.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by M4gunners: 9:55am On Nov 09, 2014
I hope the Op is now getting better . I'm seeing this thread 4 the very first time. Wish you quick recovery bro.
Re: I Need Help by Homguy(m): 9:56am On Nov 09, 2014
Gboliwe:

brother, God bless your efforts as regarding hammed. But I'll advice he goes to Uch. Uch is a quartinary hospital, quite better than IMO than Luth. I have been there a couple of times as a pharmacist, tho I don't have a contact there who could be of help, but I believe he'll GEt better diagnosis and treatment at Uch. Remember, at Luth they said they could find nothing earlier. No one would readily submit to there inefficiency especially publicly. I pray he gets well. God bless nairalanders.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (104)

12 FOODS THAT INCREASE YOUR SPERM COUNT- PICTURES / 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body / How To Avoid Pregnancy Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.