Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,311 members, 7,867,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:42 AM

I Need Help - Health (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need Help (230139 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (104) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Help by colossus2: 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2014
Gboliwe:

Maybe its not as bad as it seems
Hmmm....i just wish.
We are talking about chronic liver disease.
If dude is operated there, oxygen a day should not be less than 15k
Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2014
Caracta:
Update.

Test/Scan result is out. Can't remember what he called it. Something like CD abi CTD (no vex, I don forget). The doctor said he can treat him just as he has done with so many cases. Treatment starts fully tomorrow. The doctor told him not to pay a kobo until he has been fully treated. He said we should please let him remain there.

However, one of the volunteers together with Mynd (probably) will pay him a visit tomorrow so we can be double sure.

Thanks for all your humanitarian efforts here but
I wish you had told us before you spoke to the doctor so we can suggest some direct questions with direct answers so we can get the exact picture.
You don't know the test that was done
You didn't tell us the result
You didn't tell us his diagnosis and what the doctor is treating.
I'm sorry this info is not complete.
Next time you speak with him,could you please ask those questions especially diagnosis
What is the diagnosis?

I say this because often times I hear of patients hooked unto " drips" at the commencement of treatment and there is no diagnosis of what they are treating.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help by gateleo(m): 6:27pm On Nov 11, 2014
Caracta:
Update.

Test/Scan result is out. Can't remember what he called it. Something like CD abi CTD (no vex, I don forget). The doctor said he can treat him just as he has done with so many cases. Treatment starts fully tomorrow. The doctor told him not to pay a kobo until he has been fully treated. He said we should please let him remain there.

However, one of the volunteers together with Mynd (probably) will pay him a visit tomorrow so we can be double sure.

Great news. I wish him quick recovery.
Re: I Need Help by colossus2: 6:27pm On Nov 11, 2014
Caracta:

We need your car, fuel and a map to the location tongue
Lol
Re: I Need Help by EfemenaXY: 6:28pm On Nov 11, 2014
Caracta:

Doctor ke? I spoke with DJ. I actually laughed when he said, "What's happening on Nairaland?" The guy can fear sha. Maybe he was expecting me to say support has been withdrawn.

Please how do we locate the hospital from Lagos? Has anybody been there?

This is confusing.

Can this present doctor help him, or is the plan to take DJdola to UCH/ LAGOS Teaching hospital?
Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 11, 2014
babyosisi:

I wish you had told us before you spoke to the doctor so we can suggest some direct questions with direct answers

@Caracta:
for NLs peace of mind we need to speak directly to the doctor and allow babyosisi to be the one to call and speak with him so some questions can be asked and answeres given between 2 medical personnel. We do not want any errors. Can this be done

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help by EfemenaXY: 6:32pm On Nov 11, 2014
babyosisi:

Thanks for all your humanitarian efforts here but
I wish you had told us before you spoke to the doctor so we can suggest some direct questions with direct answers so we can get the exact picture.
Next time you speak with him,could you please ask those questions especially diagnosis
What is the diagnosis?

I say this because often times I hear of patients hooked unto " drips" at the commencement of treatment and there is no diagnosis of what they are treating.

Are you serious?? sad
Re: I Need Help by colossus2: 6:38pm On Nov 11, 2014
EfemenaXY:

This is confusing.

Can this present doctor help him, or is the plan to take DJdola to UCH/ LAGOS Teaching hospital?
Fact is, most of this private hospital doctors are consultants to the teaching hospital.
Now if surgery is to be performed, that doc can't do it alone.
He will definitely call another doc for extra hand.
Now they might require a transplant, in the absence of transplant they might take the affected organ (not so sure) to the lab for series of tests.
He would definitely pay the 2nd doc after surgery, oxygen is involved, further tests involved etc.

Now what kinda test/scan was carried out today. Was it free?
He went further to say payment should be made after treatment.
We don't know what he's treating. He didn't state the price so we would weigh options if he's the right man for the job. We don't know if his bill would be 100k or 10m.

I can't take such doctor serious honestly.

6 Likes

Re: I Need Help by Idowuogbo(f): 6:44pm On Nov 11, 2014
Ishilove:

Mynd has been banned for ten years.
No way....i don't believe this.

Who banned him? angry
Re: I Need Help by Caracta(f): 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2014
naijadeyhia:

@Caracta:
for NLs peace of mind we need to speak directly to the doctor and allow babyosisi to be the one to call and speak with him so some questions can be asked and answeres given between 2 medical personnel. We do not want any errors. Can this be done

I did not speak with the doctor. I spoke with DJ. I don't have the doctor's number but I think it's somewhere on this thread. Even if I had spoken with the doctor, I don't think I'd understand. Nevertheless, I can check previous pages of this thread for his number and whoever wants to call the doctor can go ahead.

I've made arrangements for a popular Nairalander to visit him tomorrow and speak with the doctor and also see the situation of things. He would stay for as many days as possible. That part is covered already.
Re: I Need Help by Caracta(f): 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
Idowuogbo:

No way....i don't believe this.

Who banned him? angry

Old news tongue
Re: I Need Help by Originalsly: 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
Caracta thanks again for the update. At least now I have some confidence in the doctor mainly because.....he has treated such before and is very confident that he can handle it. A guy that says don't pay until I deliver knows he can deliver. Hopefully there are no hidden complications that his tests and experience were unable to reveal. May God continue to give you and the other frontliners the strength and energy to tirelessly represent NL.....the tough skin to withstand the little arrows from some of us.....the boldness, patience and humility of you guys...strangers..not of the same cloth...to enter this DJ family and help make decisions on such a personal family matter. Following silently...with lower BP after reading your update!

5 Likes

Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2014
Caracta:

Doctor ke? I spoke with DJ. I actually laughed when he said, "What's happening on Nairaland?" The guy can fear sha. Maybe he was expecting me to say support has been withdrawn.

Please how do we locate the hospital from Lagos? Has anybody been there?

Okokobioko!!
The info came from DJ?
Ladies and gentlemen,I hope I am the only person scared here

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help by Idowuogbo(f): 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2014
Caracta:
Update.

YaaaaY!! Thanks Mynd! More ikebe to your harem ooo...delighted#
Re: I Need Help by Busybody2(f): 6:47pm On Nov 11, 2014
colossus2:

No dear you didn't get the point.
Okay now let's say he requires 1k to get there, how do you send money across to him?
Okay he drops his account number, 5 persons deposit into that account.
We need someone closer to that location.
If I stay in that location and I don't have money to visit, I don't think I have to request for fund. That's why it's called volunteering.

You rather missed it. He "volunteered" SELF and TIME, which was all he had...That is a very commendable thing to do...Everybody on this thread have been giving either in cash or "kind" eg prayers, words of encouragement, someone even volunteered to use his own car earlier on this thread and only requested for fuel...so its not our place to knock back and dismiss ANY offer of help in a disdainful manner.

Besides whomever eventually gets this errand might still need a financial boost depending on where they are setting out from and how long their stay in ERUWA will be...

6 Likes

Re: I Need Help by Idowuogbo(f): 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
Caracta:

Old news tongue
talk na angry
Re: I Need Help by EfemenaXY: 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2014
colossus2:

Fact is, most of this private hospital doctors are consultants to the teaching hospital.
Now they might require a transplant, in the absence of transplant they might take the affected organ (not so sure) to the lab for series of tests.
He would definitely pay the 2nd doc after surgery, oxygen is involved, further tests involved etc.
We don't know what he's treating. He didn't state the price so we would weigh options if he's the right man for the job. We don't know if his bill would be 100k or 10m.

I see where you're coming from. Makes perfect sense too.

This case really isn't a one person job. Catcata had really done well, bless her...but going forward it would be helpful if a medic on here can take up on babyosisi's suggestion. At least they'll know the right questions to ask.

Is there a way this doctor's number could be passed on to Babyosisi? Thorpido is another nland medic too. If two or three of our medics could co-ordinate a conference call and speak to this doctor, the picture would be so much clearer.
Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 11, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Are you serious?? sad

We will talk more on another thread my dear,I am trying to stay positive today
BTW longest time

1 Like

Re: I Need Help by Caracta(f): 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2014
babyosisi:

Okokobioko!!
The info came from DJ?
Ladies and gentlemen,I hope I am the only person scared here

Lol. Now you are getting me scared. sad
Re: I Need Help by colossus2: 6:51pm On Nov 11, 2014
Busybody2:

You rather missed it. He "volunteered" SELF and TIME, which was all he had...That is a very commendable thing to do...Everybody on this thread have been giving either in cash or "kind" eg prayers, words of encouragement, someone even volunteered to use his own car earlier on this thread and only requested for fuel...so its not our place to knock back and dismiss ANY offer of help in a disdainful manner.

Besides whomever eventually gets this errand might still need a financial boost depending on where they are setting out from and how long their stay in ERUWA will be...
Okay dear. Thanks
Re: I Need Help by Caracta(f): 6:51pm On Nov 11, 2014
Idowuogbo:

talk na angry

Hian. Stop derailing tongue
Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2014
colossus2:

I have never heard of a doctor anywhere that gives treatment and waits till patient is fully recovered to be paid
carrying out tests and scans free of charge
Even babalawos ask for fowl, cash deposit and a few things before calling on the oracles
Don't ask how I know,I watch Nollywood
Anyway let's stay positive and hope for the best
Maybe there is an angel in Oyo state running a hospital,God bless him

3 Likes

Re: I Need Help by Ubiero(f): 6:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
We have all agreed that NL is one family. As such, we should have a representative with the family, More or less a volunteer who would be on ground and be able to give us accurate, first hand and timely information as required.

@Caracta, Blessings yapa for you. Gboliwe, you don too try. More blessings.

To our able members, you will never see sorrow. As many that are ill, the healing hand of GOD will rest upon you and heal you. Those that are healthy, you will say, The Lord is my strength. Sickness will never come near you and yours.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Help by Caracta(f): 6:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
EfemenaXY:

This is confusing.

The doctor said he can but I won't take his word or that of the OP until someone visits the hospital.
Re: I Need Help by Originalsly: 6:54pm On Nov 11, 2014
naijadeyhia:

@Caracta:
Makes a whole lot of sense to me. Babyosisi would know what to ask and to know if the doc is really capable.
Re: I Need Help by OEPHIUS(m): 6:56pm On Nov 11, 2014
*walks in singing*
Girl what do you with that big fat butt?

*Whistling*
Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
Originalsly:
Makes a whole lot of sense to me. Babyosisi would know what to ask and to know if the doc is really capable.

If I get the doctor's number I promise to call and ask those questions burning in my mind as though this young man was my own brother

What is your diagnosis?
What are your differential diagnosis?
What tests did you do?
What are the results?
What additional tests can you do to confirm?
What is your plan?
What is your prognosis?
If this young man were your son and money was not an issue,what will you do?

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help by Caracta(f): 7:00pm On Nov 11, 2014
Screwface:

Done.
Like I said, I'm on ground until Thursday. You can contact me.

Just kidding tongue

But I'll contact you if I remember anything.
Re: I Need Help by OEPHIUS(m): 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2014
babyosisi:

If I get the doctor's number I promise to call and ask those questions burning in my mind as though this young man was my own brother

What is your diagnosis?
What are your differential diagnosis?
What tests did you do?
What are the results?
What additional tests can you do to confirm?
What is your plan?
What is your prognosis?
If this young man were your son and money was not an issue,what will you do?
*Grabs pen and paper to copy the questions down*
Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 11, 2014
Caracta:

Lol. Now you are getting me scared. sad

I have been scared from day one and I voiced it out
I am just flowing with whatever is decided and yet unshaken from my original suggestion
Re: I Need Help by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 11, 2014
All the best everyone
Keep up the good works
DJ I pray nothing happens to you and that help comes speedily
Stay positive nna a

Time for me to eat my jollof

Later o
Re: I Need Help by thorpido(m): 7:10pm On Nov 11, 2014
EfemenaXY:

I see where you're coming from. Makes perfect sense too.

This case really isn't a one person job. Catcata had really done well, bless her...but going forward it would be helpful if a medic on here can take up on babyosisi's suggestion. At least they'll know the right questions to ask.

Is there a way this doctor's number could be passed on to Babyosisi? Thorpido is another nland medic too. If two or three of our medics could co-ordinate a conference call and speak to this doctor, the picture would be so much clearer.
I'm sorry I've been busy and I've not been able to follow up on this thread.
Efe,pls what's the current situation now?Is the doctor's no available?

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (104)

12 FOODS THAT INCREASE YOUR SPERM COUNT- PICTURES / 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body / How To Avoid Pregnancy Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.