Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,223 members, 7,825,848 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? (1838 Views)

Easy Way To Root Almost All Android Devices With Framaroot | Come In / How To Root Your Java Phone And Start Minimizing / Ten Reasons Why U Should Root Your Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by 3CHUB: 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2014
First, some friends might not know what's the meaning of rooting of the Android Phones. So, let 3C HUB gives you a brief introduction about the meaning of Root.

The definetion of Root.

Root means that device get "SuperUers" rights and permission in your Android OS, to be able to gain ability to install and load custom ROM'S,themes,increase phone performance, able to install some apps require to gain root access.It is the same meaning in iPhone terms of Jailbreaking.

Why it is call rooting?

Root term come from Unix/Linux OS which best to descibe a user has the Superuser rights and permission to all the settings and files to be modify in the OS.

Advantages of root

Install custom ROMS
Install custom themes
Change script settings, kernel etc
Increase performance
Updating baseband
Unlock additional features
Install app to SD
Run unauthorized apps

Disadvantages of Root

Brick of device
Security issue of malicious apps
Void of warranty (eg, Samsung device)
Updates of ROM (eg, will not be able to update to the latest ROM version)

Let's begin debating on whether should to root or not to root? And the reasons ?

https://www.facebook.com/3C.HUB

Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by ammyluv2002(f): 10:56pm On Oct 23, 2014
I still don't get....pls break it down especially the advantages

1 Like

Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by Slatemsk(m): 11:42pm On Oct 23, 2014
is dat all about rooting
Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by 3CHUB: 10:53am On Oct 24, 2014
Slatemsk:
is dat all about rooting

Yes, It's about gaining root access you can modify the device's software on the very deepest level.
Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by emmansy(m): 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2014
Should I or should I not root my S5?! undecided
Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by 3CHUB: 10:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
emmansy:
Should I or should I not root my S5?! undecided

It depends on what you want? If you want get superusers right, and custom your phone. Then you root it. I have a Samsung S5 too, but I want to get more fun from rooting. So root my S5, the price is I lose Samsung Warranty. But I could delete the built-in Samsung Apps and other built-in Apps I don't need, also I could install some Special Apps require SuperUser right. I thinks this is much more interesting to than the Warranty. I could do more with my Samsung S5 after rooting it.
But if you really care about the Warranty and other services from Samsung. I suggested you'd better not root it.
For me, to use my Android device freely is the most important thing!
Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by emmansy(m): 8:26am On Oct 25, 2014
3CHUB:

It depends on what you want? If you want get superusers right, and custom your phone. Then you root it. I have a Samsung S5 too, but I want to get more fun from rooting. So root my S5, the price is I lose Samsung Warranty. But I could delete the built-in Samsung Apps and other built-in Apps I don't need, also I could install some Special Apps require SuperUser right. I thinks this is much more interesting to than the Warranty. I could do more with my Samsung S5 after rooting it.
But if you really care about the Warranty and other services from Samsung. I suggested you'd better not root it.
For me, to use my Android device freely is the most important thing!

Which is the easiest way of rooting it muself without losing any data or apps...
Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by Collinz2(m): 8:37am On Oct 25, 2014
emmansy:

Which is the easiest way of rooting it muself without losing any data or apps...
use towelroot to root galaxy s5
Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by emmansy(m): 9:02am On Oct 25, 2014
Collinz2:
use towelroot to root galaxy s5

How do I go about it boss, any requirements, instructions, or guidelines?
Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by Collinz2(m): 9:26am On Oct 25, 2014
emmansy:

How do I go about it boss, any requirements, instructions, or guidelines?
i have nt use it b4, bt i knw it can root android 4.4. Visit yomiprof.com for guide.

1 Like

Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by emmansy(m): 9:46am On Oct 25, 2014
Collinz2:
i have nt use it b4, bt i knw it can root android 4.4. Visit yomiprof.com for guide.

Ok bro.... Would check... because I can only root if I know my data is safe and all..
Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by Collinz2(m): 10:33am On Oct 25, 2014
emmansy:

Ok bro.... Would check... because I can only root if I know my data is safe and all..
if u are rooting with pc, some time u wil be ask to delete ur data, bt without pc i dnt think so
Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by dryakson(m): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2014
I can't use my phone Without rooting.. Bleep warranty
Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by sandammy(m): 11:24am On Oct 25, 2014
How do I root my HTC sensation z710e without PC?
Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by emmansy(m): 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
Collinz2:
if u are rooting with pc, some time u wil be ask to delete ur data, bt without pc i dnt think so

D method provided by yomiprof is simple but he said only for devices manufactured before June 2014
Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by Collinz2(m): 12:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
emmansy:

D method provided by yomiprof is simple but he said only for devices manufactured before June 2014
am pretty sure towelroot can root galaxy s5.
Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by Collinz2(m): 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2014
sandammy:
u cnt.
Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by Collinz2(m): 12:42pm On Oct 25, 2014
dryakson:
I can't use my phone Without rooting.. Bleep warranty
same with me bro. And i cnt stay on version 2.3.x i must upgrade.
Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by emmansy(m): 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2014
This is what I got from trying to root my Sgh900h S5 o cry

1 Like

Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by tomiwa20(m): 3:18pm On Oct 25, 2014
sandammy:
use Vroot, rooted mine with it

1 Like

Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by 3CHUB: 4:43pm On Oct 25, 2014
Here is some tools for rooting.
Odin 3
CF-Auto-Rooting

Re: Debate- To Root Or Not To Root Your Phone? by sandammy(m): 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
tomiwa20:
use Vroot, rooted mine with it
Thanks kind sir, pls I will appreciate it if you can send me the link to Vroot and the procedure I have to follow to successfully get the phone rooted.

(1) (Reply)

Anroid OS Services Excess Data Drain / NITEL Return With 4G Cheaper Data Services / Urgent Please Which Phone Can I Get At The Range Of 55k To 60k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.