Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (75153 Views)

Poll: Should Arsene be fired if Arsenal does not win anything this season?

Yes: 37% (56 votes)
No: 53% (79 votes)
Undecided: 9% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (99) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2008
vicade:

Is this a joke or what? where is the old thread? AT least there should be an update or something?

Very poor change management skills by the admin.

Seconded.

@balash

Oga abeg this bold typing of yours hurts the eyes. . .we can equally read and comprehend when its un-emboldened grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 9:20pm On Nov 16, 2008
balash:

@ sauron

how much is nasri and eduardo put together huh!

do u know how much is barry, and the villa keeper huh!, argbonlahor and young no be good player huh! and if they will be leaving villa you know how much they worth huh! villa is been staying on top 8 for the past 3 season so come off it boyo villa is not a small team , shukina

Don't be ignorant.
According to Deloitte. . . . .The players wage bill of Man Utd is £92.3 million while Arsenal's wage bill is £89.7 million in the last season.
In other words, United pay just £3 million more than Arsenal on their players(Less than Saha's salary).
All ye ignoramuses supporting Arsenal should be kept in a cell and lectured on the dynamics of the football game.
Buncha plonkers!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by bagoma(f): 9:30pm On Nov 16, 2008
hi critz,
you got mail.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 9:33pm On Nov 16, 2008
~Sauron~:

@ Balash,

Eduardo and Nasri cost more than the Villa team and yet they slammed you 2-0 on your soil.
What has money gotta do with it?
Your team is poor. . . . . .irritatingly poor and you are here using money and the age of players as excuses.
Hang your head in shame, boyo.
Syntax Error!! Barry alone was valued at over 18 mil i know you are trying to be sarcastic but this is extreme

Moderators and the Admin what is going on here ooh since when did i become the first poster on the Arsenal Fan Thread or are my eyes playing tricks on me
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 9:36pm On Nov 16, 2008
A-40:

Moderators and the Admin what is going on here ooh since when did i become the first poster on the Arsenal Fan Thread or are my eyes playing tricks on me

Hahahaha grin grin

bagoma:

hi critz,
you got mail.

Okay. . . undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Sauron1: 9:38pm On Nov 16, 2008
A-40:

Syntax Error!! Barry alone was valued at over 18 mil i know you are trying to be sarcastic but this is extreme

We are not talking about value here. . . . . .We are talking about how much Martin O'Neill spent to assemble his squad.
Ronaldo's present value is £100 million but he was bought for just £12 million.
When calculating how much United's squad is worth, the £12 million value would be used not the tabloid's value.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by bagoma(f): 9:56pm On Nov 16, 2008
@ critz,
please your reply is important. thanks a lot.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by ndumart: 10:07pm On Nov 16, 2008
What made the EPL thick years back was the eternal rivalry between Man U and Arsenal with the likes of Newcastle, Chelsea, liverpool lurking around the corner, but in the last four seasons(after the unbeaten run) Arsenal's influence seems to have waned cosiderably. Most people dont consider them as title contenders any longer and the reasons are not far fetched.

Personally, i wish the lads would gets their acts back and become the once dreaded team most teams loved to hate. Chelsea seems to have usurped the position that belonged to Arsenal. This can be said to be due to the transformation the team has witnessed under Abramovic.

I wish something drastic happens at Ashburton and we can begin to see the Arsenal that used to be a headache for United. That rivalry was intersting particlarly when one considers the Keane and Vieira factors and the pizzagate stuff.

How i miss the intense tension and apprehension that heralded Man U - Arsenal clashes.

Not until Arsenal presents a formidable challenge, we rule on.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 10:20pm On Nov 16, 2008
~Sauron~:

We are not talking about value here. . . . . .We are talking about how much Martin O'Neill spent to assemble his squad.
Ronaldo's present value is £100 million but he was bought for just £12 million.
When calculating how much United's squad is worth, the £12 million value would be used not the tabloid's value.
Well i would be pleased to inform you that Ashley Young cost at least 9.75 mil i am sure he would be worth more now so how would the whole Arsenal squad be worth more than Villa

The most annoying part of yesterday's loss was our nemesis in the past John Carew didn't even have to play

Cristalz:

Hahahaha grin grin
Lol you are not serious anyways you have a point there i could create a poll or something
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 10:25pm On Nov 16, 2008
bagoma:

@ critz,
please your reply is important. thanks a lot.

Done wink

@A-40

Instead of you to be happy that you've taken over Muki's position as original poster(even tho twaz without your consent) grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 11:10pm On Nov 16, 2008
@Cristalz
I am partially happy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by coolsegun(m): 11:24pm On Nov 16, 2008
arsenal na real Bleep up. very inconsistence.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Dclique(m): 11:33pm On Nov 16, 2008
Arsenal fans,u al are gunners.lol
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by phorlabee(m): 1:08am On Nov 17, 2008
Arsenal will ALWAYS remain a headeache 4 Man Utd, same thing happened this season[less than 2wks ago].

BLUES 4 LIFEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by phorlabee(m): 1:21am On Nov 17, 2008
[color=#000099][/color]@ Balash: Every team have d opportunity of buying whoever they want to.
If Arsene & Arsenal feel comfortable working with the youthful players fine!
Don't complain about the small boiz again.
Arsenal can as well buy those "big boiz" if they so wish!
What is it about the brand of football you[Arsenal] play without winning anything.
I love beautiful football but "WINNING" is the name of the game.
TRUE Arsenal fans should NOT be suprised as Arsenal is an inconsistent team!
Arsenal would ONLY have suprised themselves & their fans if things like these[lost 2 Aston Villa & Hull @ home] don't occur.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Lumyboi(m): 5:09am On Nov 17, 2008
Al u play-haters, u bettr go to ur own fan thread n leave us wt our problems n headaches. I'm ARSENAL for life.
cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debughu: 5:55am On Nov 17, 2008
ass 'n'all should go and buy Mark Fish,Andy Cole
sack Ass Player and get Stephen Keshi as their new coach
then and only then will they have a good chance of getting back into top contention for this
seasons league title
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by bagoma(f): 7:10am On Nov 17, 2008
so many foolish posts. angry
@ critalz,
thanks. kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Raimond(m): 8:24am On Nov 17, 2008
smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry

Pretty busy to say anything,I`ll be back!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by babydouch: 9:04am On Nov 17, 2008
cant seem to shake the white and red blood cells from my body.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by delegiwa(m): 9:45am On Nov 17, 2008
If we like make we say the truth, or we can choose to bury our respective heads in the sand but the truth is that Arsenal is out of it this season Premiership wise. If we still continue like this, we may even have nothing in FA or Carling.

Something drastic needs to be done. Just take a look at Cesc's face. His body language tells you the whole story. What about our back 4? The team is just in shambles. This is supposed to be a phase, I mean the losing, but it now seems like a way of life. In fact, I feel more surprised when we win these days, so you can imagine my shock when we won Man Yoo.

The thing tire me my fellow gunners and I'm thinking of jumping ship oh. It's just that I've looked around and no team evokes the kind of emotion I do get when my Gunners play and no team boasts of Cesc, Eduardo, Nasri, Van Persie, Edmilson etc.

Well, Gunners for next season and if Wenger no do anything, Enyimba for lyfe.

Yes, na me talk am.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by salehm(m): 9:56am On Nov 17, 2008
Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal Arsenal.Is it Arsenal or Wenger thats @ Fault.
Well all i know is that we are not going to win the league this season.Maybe The Fa Cup When it starts or the Carling Cup undecided cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nkenim(m): 11:24am On Nov 17, 2008
My fellow arsenal fan,
Fanatism might be in the back of minds and we keep saying arsenal 4 life. No doubt, but at times we need to leave patriotism apart and say the reality.
I dont know, i stand to be corrected arsenal are out of thr premiership race this season. initally i never expected them. But the current deformation calls 4 concern. right now we hope we can play in the champions league next season. I cant say about the fa cup but those teenagers cant win the carling cup. They play wonderful football but the are too young to make it. When we play chelsea in the final couple of years ago, we had a young but more experience players yet the didnt win , how much more this current teenagers. Am not a pessimist but reality is wat i say. Dont raise your hope because its another trophiless season. Take heart my fellow gunners.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by betheldgr8(m): 12:24pm On Nov 17, 2008
G[b]ONE[/b]RS TILL THEY DIE, U ARE ALREADY GONE FOR THE SEASON, OK?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Kemjisuper(m): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2008
Gunners for life - No matter the upsets!!! grin

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by whitelexi(m): 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2008
We thread on pressure, i still know Arsenal will win the premier league wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by klo: 2:48pm On Nov 17, 2008
all i know is that arsenal fans should join me in fasting and prayer for our darling team. i am begining to suspect the problem of the team is spiritual and must be tackled spiritually otherwise how do you explain manu defeat and the loss to aston.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by codedguy1(m): 2:51pm On Nov 17, 2008
Is it because the thread is now on part 2 that it is looking strange. This thread does not look like the ASS Anal thread that we use to know or are my dreaming, so many strange names and post that one cannot comprehend.

Take a look at the last 20 post, one would be amazed at the amount of new peeps, or are the real McCoys grin grin

Where are they? HNIC, Loyika, Debo, Kay-pumping, Cesc, Folahan,Rasputin, A-40at least u try show face small Ritchboi,MUki et al.

Come guys, Gooners till you die grin grin grin or do some of you want to change your sign off to GOONER 89-2008 tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 3:50pm On Nov 17, 2008
The fact that the 'oldies' have been absent for whatever reasons and there are STILL numerous posters supporting Arsenal on this thread shows you the strength of our fan base - in adversity or success, gooners will still show their loyalty and support. cool

Cesc will get a mandatory rest because he will be unable to play against Man City in our next game. A lot of people hearken back to 97/98 where we had a calamitous start to the season, lost to Blackburn at home and had a heart to heart talk. I thought we had done that after the Hull debacle, but I was wrong.

Anyways, my particular reference to that period has to do with Tony Adams being sent on vacation due to poor form. I think Cesc should be given a vacation too - he looks TIRED and very off form - he needs to recharge his batteries, especially for next year and the CL knock out stages.

AW seems to be running out of excuses to justify the poor performance by his boys, that's because the greatest blame for the current sorry state of events is him. Arsene may know a whole lot, but he isn't God. His failure to correct flaws in this team have brought us to this sorry place.

Gunner 1915 cool undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by lammie01: 4:20pm On Nov 17, 2008
AW i feel should have bought a more versatile and experienced Center back rather than Silvestre. We suffered from this position last season and we are agin this season. Gunners remember the "Senderos the weakling". AW just needs a Yahya toure in the holding position.

The team i also feel has a psycological problem. The team has to look inwards and not blame opponents for playing behind the ball. Bentnder for me isnt good enough. I dnt understand why Frabegas should be tired when its only 13 games in the season. AW has to look at himself and questions himself and accept some fair critisism. The guy is stubborn but still a fantastic manager and would not swap him for anyone.

Gunner for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by nyabinghi(m): 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2008
Villa's first team is younger than Arsenal's first team and less costly. Nasri and Eduardo cost more than the Villains first 11 . Arsenal should go to france and play, they might give Olympic Lyonnais a test.
Arsenal won't be in UCL next season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by eldee(m): 5:04pm On Nov 17, 2008
coded guy:

Is it because the thread is now on part 2 that it is looking strange. This thread does not look like the ASS Anal thread that we use to know or are my dreaming, so many strange names and post that one cannot comprehend.

Take a look at the last 20 post, one would be amazed at the amount of new peeps, or are the real McCoys grin grin

Where are they? HNIC, Loyika, Debo, Kay-pumping, Cesc, Folahan,Rasputin, A-40at least u try show face small Ritchboi,MUki et al.

Come guys, Gooners till you die grin grin grin or do some of you want to change your sign off to GOONER 89-2008 tongue
These same oldies were posting when Arsenal lost 11 matches and crashed out of four competitions in two weeks . . . the reason for them being missing is most def not these one or two losses
Let's see . . . could it just be that some fans are really, really busy?? Nah, according to you and Cristalz they're hiding from sum Arsenal jinx on NL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (99)

FIFA Ballon D'or 2014 Awards On 12th January 2014 / Manchester United Fan Thread / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (0 - 2) On 17th February 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.