Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,420 members, 7,864,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:10 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (60006 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 8:16pm On Dec 10, 2008
Ibime ,

Unlike you, I am a fan of Robotic football,

Juventus, Valencia and Livepool(under Benitez) I like them that way. Infact Benitez is the best manager I can think of around right now after General hitzfeld.

I like th opponent running round doing fancy flicks while we deliver the sucker Punch. reminiscent of the Bayern of Old.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 8:29pm On Dec 10, 2008
@Fbs

My bad. . . . I did not mean it that way. . I agree with everything you said . . I am not trying to play god of the thread. . . I am just as or maybe even less passionate than you. . I got carried away and just continued typing . .

Peace Man. . .

@Ibime. .

You are probably the safest of all of us. . not the extremist! . . and won't have some defending to do at the end of the season . . . I actually think I am comfortable where I am. . never mind I will be fine. . .

I wondered the same as well about the Orlando guy . . . but I thought maybe we going to do an Arsenal for a while. . . using untested players. . . now that Roman has laid off 50 scouts. . . The credit crunch is really biting. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 7:21am On Dec 11, 2008
dayokanu:

Ibime ,

Unlike you, I am a fan of Robotic football,

I like th opponent running round doing fancy flicks while we deliver the sucker Punch. reminiscent of the Bayern of Old.

The best post i have year in like 11months grin WORD!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 10:31am On Dec 11, 2008
Ibime,

Please kindly clarify your statement concerning the millions JM spent that yielded nothing. Your views are totally flawed.

Incontrovertible evidence shows JM bought players only in his first 2 seasons, these players delivered and most of them remain till date. Our solid defense (or what it was) is a testament to his acquisition. It is a known fact that in his third season he ceased to be apart of the player acquisition team as the politics unfolded.

So much for Romantic Football . . . since you had your wish we have won nothing. We are not a club with as much history as Arsenal or ManU so when we don't win, we fail to make money. You stated earlier that Roman has lost half his wealth to the global recession, what do you think will happen if we continue to play your sort of footie and fail to win trophies?

If we are willing to give other less impressive managers time to display their incompetence why not give JM time to win the CL. That was the only cup that eluded him in England.

That being said, it's better to concentrate on the character in his place at the moment and see how far he delivers or fails to deliver.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 11:25am On Dec 11, 2008
somze:

Ibime,

Please kindly clarify your statement concerning the millions JM spent that yielded nothing. Your views are totally flawed.

Firstly, I didn't say that. I said money was wasted on players.

The trophies are expected for the level of money he spent. If you spend £100 million a season and win nothing, you should be castrated.

What do I owe Jose for doing the job I expected of him? Gratitude maybe, Worship? No! He delivered on expectations, nothing more!

somze:

Incontrovertible evidence shows JM bought players only in his first 2 seasons, these players delivered and most of them remain till date. Our solid defense (or what it was) is a testament to his acquisition. It is a known fact that in his third season he ceased to be apart of the player acquisition team as the politics unfolded,

I mentioned Kalou, SWP, Ferreira, Malouda. . . . you had no rebuttal. . . . the only HITS Jose ever signed in three years of spending millions are Essien, Drogba, Cole and Carvalho. . . . . and for the price they were signed, I would say they just delivered on expectations, nothing more, except for Cole who came relatively cheap because his contract was running out.

Misses: Jarosik, Ferreira, Malouda, SWP, Kezman, Kalou, Del Hot  grin, Tiago (Thats £90 million worth of misses in 2 seasons alone)

I am not even counting the signings of Pizarro, Belleti and Sidwell because I accept he had no money in his final season.

Jose has 30% success rate with signings if we take his first two seasons alone.

If we take his final season into account, then Roman has every right to sue him for fraudulent expenditure.  grin

Literally, divide 4 by 12, then multiply by 100, you will see that only 33% of Jose's signings came off in his first two seasons. If we add Pizzarro, Sidwell, and maybe Belleti from his final season, then his transfer success dips below 20%.

It is the same at InterMilan where Muntari alone has been a hit.

With the money Jose spent, we should have a squad similar to Barcelona of 2006 by now.

Note: I did not add Smertin, Sheva, Ballack or Boulahrouz who were signed by Abramovic and Arnesen.

somze:

So much for Romantic Football . . . since you had your wish we have won nothing.

You are a joker. . . . did Avram Grant play entertaining football or did he play Jose style of football? Like I said, Scolari is neither a success or failure . . . . YET. . . . and even if he fails, he has mitigating circumstances, namely, he does not have 1/20th of Jose's money, he is stuck with a team who were bought specifically to play Jose's style of football and he does not have a squad even close to Jose's squad of 2004. . . . not to mention that Manchester United of 2008 is more formidable than anything Jose ever had to face. . . . . give any manager the money Jose was given and if he wins nothing, then he should be castrated!

somze:

We are not a club with as much history as Arsenal or ManU so when we don't win, we fail to make money. You stated earlier that Roman has lost half his wealth to the global recession, what do you think will happen if we continue to play your sort of footie and fail to win trophies?

Which is exactly the reason we need a manager who can deal with a thin squad and not ask for £50 million every transfer window. Does Jose know what to do with guys like belleti and Anelka except pump long balls to them? If you are not an animal who can run marathon in less than a minute, Jose does not know what to do with you. Under Jose's reign, if Petr Cech didn't play, then its a disaster. This season, Cudicini has played half the matches and we don't even notice the difference. Simple reason: We keep the ball, so our goalie isn't under as much pressure. Are you telling me Jose would have more points on board than Scolari with the squad we have had this season? Hell Nah! If you think otherwise, you must be smoking cashew leaves!

If na money we want talk about sef, we received more revenue under Avram Grant than we ever did under Jose simply by making the Champions League final - and we didn't have to spend spend £100m on players just to accrue such revenue.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 12:07pm On Dec 11, 2008
Hope you did not forget Robben, Ben Haim, Mikel, Kalou,
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 12:10pm On Dec 11, 2008
Robben and Cech are Ranieri/Pini Zahavi signings.

Infact, if we add Ben Haim, Jose's transfer success dips below 5%  grin

As for Mikel, he is not yet a hit, not at £16m anyway.

I already put Kalou as a flop.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 12:10pm On Dec 11, 2008
Every team has players that failed to live up to expectations. This is nothing new.

Jarosik was not brought in by scouts. Smertin was by RA.

Malouda was only brought in when JM was forced to let Robben leave.

Failed buys were Kezman and Del Horno. Ferreira can not be described in full terms as a failed buy.

So you see close scrutiny shows that things are not as bad as the media says.

Ibime:

You are a joker. . . . did Avram Grant play entertaining football or did he play Jose style of football? Like I said, Scolari is neither a success or failure . . . . YET. . . . and even if he fails, he has mitigating circumstances, namely, he does not have 1/20th of Jose's money, he is stuck with a team who were bought specifically to play Jose's style of football and he does not have a squad even close to Jose's squad of 2004. . . . not to mention that Manchester United of 2008 is more formidable than anything Jose ever had to face. . . . . give any manager the money Jose was given and if he wins nothing, then he should be castrated!
And who stopped Scolari from buying players?
JM has more than delivered on the players he got. Scolari himself claimed this team was adequate, so in that he has less of an excuse than JM had.

The highlighted is absolutely laughable. What next will you say? JM never played a strong team? I'm laughing my butt off.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 12:24pm On Dec 11, 2008
somze:

(1.) Every team has players that failed to live up to expectations. This is nothing new.

(2.) Jarosik was not brought in by scouts. Smertin was by RA.

(1.) Not where you have 80% of the signings flop. That is approaching Roy Keane levels

4 hits out of 17 signings? Come on mehn! Please calculate the percentage on that, then come back and tell me Jose has a flawless transfer record.

(2.) Nobody mentioned Smertin as Morinho's signing. Jarosik was absolutely brought in by Jose. He impressed Jose playing for CSKA against Porto. This was in the papers.

somze:

Malouda was only brought in when JM was forced to let Robben leave.

Excuse me. . . . Malouda cost £13 million. . . . If Jose was not completely incompetent at transfer signings, he would have added £4m to that and signed Scarface from Marseille. . . . not to mention there are at least 20 better wingers you can sign for that money. . . . and I am not just saying this now, I always hated Malouda.

somze:

Failed buys were Kezman and Del Horno. Ferreira can not be described in full terms as a failed buy.

You must be joking. . . . ferreira is an absolute flop. . . . even you hate him. . . . another £13m down the drain.

somze:

So you see close scrutiny shows that things are not as bad as the media says.

I am the only one providing any scrutiny here. You are glossing over the facts.

somze:

(1.) And who stopped Scolari from buying players?

(2.)JM has more than delivered on the players he got. Scolari himself claimed this team was adequate, so in that he has less of an excuse than JM had.

(1.) Peter Kenyon, Roman Abramovic. Have you read the newspaper recently

(2.) Scolari only said the squad is adequate to gee up his players. All managers show confidence in a new squad. You think he is going to fight for new signings and create friction with his owner on the first day of his new job?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2008
I always enjoy an Ibime v Somze faceoff. . .

It's always going to be about Jose . . . . grin

You are losing out Somze. . . go get more facts. . . Waiting grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 2:57pm On Dec 11, 2008
I'm waiting also , quite interesting, grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 3:43pm On Dec 11, 2008
And I'm thinking this will never end even if we gat a double.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 4:24pm On Dec 11, 2008
Okay Ibime,

Let me once and for all display your distortions and flawed assumptions.

Aug Juliano Belletti Barcelona £3.7m
July Florent Malouda Lyon £13.5m
June Tal Ben Haim Bolton Free
June Claudio Pizarro Bayern Munich Free
June Steve Sidwell Reading Free

Expenditure = £17m for a top side this is noteworthy

Aug Ashley Cole Arsenal £5m - Beautiful Acquisition at a Cheap price.
Aug Khalid Boulahrouz Hamburg £7m - Not signed by JM
June John Mikel Obi Lyn £16m - Cheated by Lyn, we are to get our money back according to Fifa. Great Acquisition
May Ben Sahar Hapoel Tev Aviv £320,000 - Cheap player
May Andrei Shevchenko AC Milan £30.8m - Not signed by JM
May Salomon Kalou Feyenoord £8m - Cheap
May Michael Ballack Bayern Munich Free - Great Acquisition

For such great players like Cole, Obi and Ballack JM spent only £30m this season

Aug Michael Essien Lyon £24.4m - Great Acquisition
July Shaun Wright-Phillips Manchester City £21m - Failed to blend
July Lassana Diarra Le Havre £1m - Cheap
July Scott Sinclair Bristol Rovers £160,000 - Future prospect
June Asier Del Horno Athletic Bilbao £8m - Timid player
Jan Jiri Jarosik CSKA Moscow £4.83m - Cheap Player
July Ricardo Carvalho Porto £19.85m - Great Acquisition
July Didier Drogba Marseille £24m - Great Acquisition
July Tiago Benfica £8m - Great Acquisition
July Mateja Kezman PSV Eindhoven £5m - Cheap Player
July Paulo Ferreira Porto £13.2m - Acceptable Acquisition
July Arjen Robben PSV Eindhoven £12m Great Acquisition

Total Cost of failed players - £39m for 4 players, SWP being English inflated his price to 21m

Please show us how you arrived at your percentages.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2008
To show how biased you are, you tag SWP as Failed to Blend. Hehehehe. . . . you are a funny guy.

You also fail to put any tags on the 2007/2008 signings. Are you absolving JM of any blame in their arrival? Are you suggesting that JM cannot shop in the markets that other managers like Wenger and such regularly shop at? Oh yeah, I forgot. . . . he says he only buys eggs at Waitrose because all the other eggs are rotten.

We can say JM signed Mikel but Chelsea had already signed Mikel before JM arrived, but loaned him out to Lyn for experience so scratch that from your list. Ezequiel Bala and Obasi Ogbuke were also with us and they even made our squad list for 03/04.

Ballack is NOT a JM signing, neither is Robben or Cech. Stop being a prick!

Let us remove the cheap players such as Ben Sahar and Scott Sinclair who are probably Arnesen signings.

Lassana Diarra was spotted by Arnesen if you want to get technical. Either way Chelsea did not see the fruits of his greatness.

Hits: Drogba, Cole, Essien, Cole, Carvalho

What do you notice: All established names that even my sisters can sign without blinking.

Misses: Ben Haim, Malouda, Belletti, Pizarro, Kalou, SWP, Del Hot, Tiago, Kezman, Ferreira, Jarosik

You may consider Tiago a great acquisition, but we sold him a year after we bought him for less than we bought him. (And he cost £10m, not £8m). Great acquisition indeed. He was a flop in a financial sense. Maybe you could say he did OK on the pitch, but in no way can he be considered a hit.

4 hits out of 16. That is a 25% success rate.

Now, you want to talk about money. . . . is it my business that SWP is overpriced because he's English?

Mourinho did not sign any HITS for less than £20 million!

For me, that doesn't make them Great Acquisitions as you put it, barely Value For Money.

If I spend £30m on David Villa now, would you call it a great signing or a value-for-money signing?

For £20+ million, we could also have signed players such as Ronaldinho, Ribery etc.

Like I said before, if not for JM's transfer incompetence, we could have a squad comparable to Barca of 2006 by now.

Why pay millions to buy a functional team? Benitez and such can produce a title winning functional team for a fraction of that cost as he showed at Valencia.

Short term gain. Long term pain. Every year Mourinho spent more and more money but his squad got weaker and weaker. He must be a miracle worker. Now we are left with a squad which is nowhere near worth the investment.

Even Tinkerman still has 4 of his players left in the first 11. How many of our current first 11 were signed by Mourinho? Only Drogs, Essien, Cole and Carvalho.

somze:

Total Cost of failed players - £39m for 4 players, SWP being English inflated his price to 21m

Lets examine the FLOPS:

Aug Juliano Belletti    Barcelona                       £3.7m
July Florent Malouda    Lyon                            £13.5m
June Tal Ben Haim    Bolton                   
June Claudio Pizarro    Bayern Munich   
June Steve Sidwell    Reading                 

May Salomon Kalou    Feyenoord                        £8m

July Shaun Wright-Phillips    Manchester City     £21m
June Asier Del Horno    Athletic Bilbao                £8m
Jan Jiri Jarosik    CSKA Moscow                         £4.83m
July Tiago    Benfica                                             £10m
July Mateja Kezman    PSV Eindhoven                  £5m
July Paulo Ferreira    Porto                                 £13.2m

Total = £87.07m worth of flops, or £74m worth of flops in 2 seasons alone. So where do you get £39m from. Take out your rose-tinted contact lenses!

Note: Tiago was £10m, not £8m. Kalou may be even more. The fee was undisclosed.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 5:24pm On Dec 11, 2008
This is so much load, who's taking it?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2008
cabali:

Mourinho was wasteful in all honesty.
I don't even dwell on the transfer fees because majority of them are undisclosed and players are sold too which makes it a tad indeterminate.
What Ibime and Somze should focus on is the WAGE BILL and the FLOPS(percentage flop) in Jose's era.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 5:40pm On Dec 11, 2008
~Sauron~:

What Ibime and Somze should focus on is the WAGE BILL.

We can also focus on that as well. Mourinho always puts pressure on the board to give astronomical contracts to whoever wanted it. Whether Gallas, Terry or Lamps, Mourinho always pressured to give them whatever they want, even pressing the board after Gallas threatens an own goal.  Mourinho himself threatened to walk out just one-year into his contract and was only pacified by a new astronomical contract. What kind of example is that? What kind of manager tells his players that if Shevchenko is earning £120,000 a week, they should push for the same? (This is back when the greatest player in the World, Ronaldinho was barely earning £120,000 and £90,000 was already considered too obscene for Terry and Lamps to be earning) Mourinho promoted a culture of greed at Chelsea. What kind of manager allows the foxes to guard the hen house?

Contrast that with Ferguson who tells Wes Brown to phock off if he doesn't like the contract or tells Ronaldo he is absolutely not getting a new contract, or goes to war with Rio Ferdinand over a new contract. I can carry on.

Or Arsene Wenger who tells Kolo Toure he cannot join the second-tier earners at Arsenal or sells Ashley Cole over a contract row, or prices Adebayor down from £120,000 a week to £70,000 a week - this amongst several other instances.

These are managers who care about their clubs, not Mr "short term gain, long term pain."
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by joshua1996: 6:12pm On Dec 11, 2008
HELLO BLUE FOR LIFE NEVER MIND THEM SHE BE ARSENAL DON LOSE TO FC PORTO NOW AND MAN U MAKE IT ADD WITH Aab SO WE WILL MAKE IT THIS SEASON , UP BLUES I HOPE IT IS TIME TO RECOGNISE OURSELF AS THE REAL BLUES , HOPEFULLY WE NEED PRAYERS COS OTHER DONT WANT US TO SUCCEED THIS SEASON BUT NA LIEEEEEEEEEE
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2008
cabali:

Are you kidding ? . . . . I'm loving every bit of it. . .

You are losing out again Somze. . . . more facts. . quickly!!!

FACT CORNER. .

Yes Kalou was £8m. . JM did not sign Ballack, Obi, Robben and Cech. .
Arnesen "THE TALENT SPOTTER". . spotted Sinclair, Sahar and Diarra. .
I thought Ezekiel Bala trained with ManU. .
£30m for David Villa. . Value for Money?. . Absolutely!!
Roman did not lose half his wealth . . He lost between £700m and £1bn. . . works out to about 1/10th of his wealth. .
Muorinho spent an awful lot not to win trophiesand had more misses than hits.
The ManU of 2004 is less formidable than the ManU of 2008. . . . !!
SWP did not fail to blend. . . he should not have been bought!. .
And thanks for reminding me Ibime that Tinkerman still has four of his players left in the first 11. . .

Lastly. .I do not blame Jose. . . Believe me!. . .  Waitrose is posh! grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 7:18pm On Dec 11, 2008
nateevs:

Roman did not lose half his wealth . . He lost between £700m and £1bn. . . works out to about 1/10th of his wealth. .

If you like stay there. . . .

If he lost only £1bn, I am sure he can dip his hand in his pocket to find £50m for Scolari from the £15bn he has left. . .

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/news/article-1076302/Roman-Abramovich-loses-12billion-Russian-share-plunge.html

[center]Roman Abramovich loses £12billion in Russian share plunge[/center]

Roman Abramovich has lost £12billion on the Russian stock exchange, it was revealed today.

The Chelsea FC owner has seen his fortune shrink as Russia's Micex Index has gone into freefall.

The decline in value of two of his companies on the Moscow-based index, steel maker Evraz and mining company Highland Gold, has left the 41-year-old tycoon £11.9billion worse off.

It comes just four days after details emerged of the £200million super-yacht Abramovich is having built - set to be the largest private yacht ever constructed.

The massive bill for the boat amounts to just a 60th of today's gargantuan losses for the Russian oligarch.

Abramovich's woes come on a disastrous financial day for London's Premiership football clubs, with the owners of Arsenal and West Ham also suffering from the effects of instability in the markets.

Arsenal's part-owner Alisher Usmanov has lost £7billion on the Micex index, which has declined 61 per cent since its peak in May.

West Ham's Icelandic owner Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson also said he may sell the club after losing £230million.

Abramovich's losses will set alarm bells ringing in the football world and the City.

It comes after Chelsea chairman, Bruce Buck, suggested this week that the club could sell players to survive.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by toluxa1(m): 8:16pm On Dec 11, 2008
This makes me Really Sad cry
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 8:36pm On Dec 11, 2008
To be fair Ibime. . . I actually saw this report but I did not believe it one bit. . . I know a major part of Roman's wealth came from his oil company Sibneft with Boris Berevzovsky. . . . from what I read on Reuters some months back. . He actually sold his stake in the company. He sold it for between $10bn and $15bn . . . He's worth about $23bn according to forbes . . . The figures do not add up. . .

At the time of your link. . . The pound to a dollar was about  1.6 . . and saying he's lost £12bn is saying he lost about $20bn. . and if that represents half of his wealth . . . He was never worth anything close to $40bn dollars. . . Even the 5th richest man in the world - Mukesh Ambani - is worth just $40bn . . Roman is 15th. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2008
Well, God knows if the reports are true. . . . certainly the value of his shareholdings have dropped by £12bn if the journalist did his investigations correctly. . . . shareholders are listed and it should be easy to check how much Roman was holding in all these companies. . . . not to fear, the market will rise again if he holds on to his hares long enough and this will just be a temporary glitch. . . ,  or it could be argued that his initial valuation was overinflated anyway as the shareprices did not reflect the true values of the company. . . I only said he lost half his wealth because I wanted to give the journalist a little room for error. . . . but going on his recent reactions, it is clear he has lost a lot. . . way more than £1bn.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 11:17pm On Dec 11, 2008
I did not go into verifying the £1bn as well. . . but anyways it's only paper losses for now. . and for as long as he's invested in strong brands . . . it's only a matter of time before his holdings rise back to their true value. . . well only except like you said in case of over-valuation of those holdings pre-collapse . . .

However, going by the recent trends. . he really might have lost a lot. . like you said. And that's why we are going after Paim, Miniero and I hear now we might have agreed a deal for the guy I spoke about yesterday Orlando Carlos Braga and we might even be bringing in free agent Thiago Silva. . .

The nature of these transfers worries me. . . I really do not mind fringe players or young un-spotted players for a few quid if they will develop into solid future players. . . but free agents? . . that doesn't sound too good. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 11:28pm On Dec 11, 2008
Thiago Silva already signed for Milan. . . . he's a top defender not a cheap option by the way. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 11:36pm On Dec 11, 2008
When did Milan sign Thiago. . I can't find any links. . and I neva knew Thiago. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 11:38pm On Dec 11, 2008
Actually I just found a link. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 8:25am On Dec 12, 2008
Ibime,

Your post is full of baseless fabrications. Please no more long unsubstantiated post. Lets just go directly to fact and figures using outnumbered presentation.

1. Obi - I don't know where you and Nateevs got the Obi story from. Obi was never a Chelsea player. He simply trained with Chelsea. Please kindly support these absurd lies with facts or links.

2. Ballack - Who signed Ballack? Your sister?

3. Sinclair, Sahar, Diarra - If Arnesen signed those guys then he ought to have been fired way before JM.

4. Drogba, Cole, Essien, Carvalho - How come no one else was ready to fight for the signatures of these players if they were so easy to spot?

5. Ben Haim, Belletti, Pizarro, Del Hot, Kezman, Jarosik - Please calculate the combined amount of these your so called misses and get back to me.

6. SWP - Simple failed to blend. He's a good player and was in the English first 11. Some players simply do not blend at some clubs. I can give numerous examples.

7. Tiago is a miss? Oh come on

8. Malouda - He was forced to buy this guy, like every other acquisition he made in his last season.

9. Kalou and Ferreira are not misses, unless you care to prove otherwise.

10. Tinkerman has which four players in our current squad. Your inaccuracies have reached a whole new dimension. Please kindly name the FOUR

11. Ranieri was even more wasteful than JM. He spent in a year what JM spent through his term and achieved nothing.

12. Understand that there's a price for Chelsea and a different price for everyone else. Take Anelka for example. At 15m wont you have got a better striker? How come no one is criticizing Grant?

Face it, you guys are simply anti-JM. JM has achieved more than any other manager in our history given the fact that the one before him spent much more than he did. You can't take away that fact - Our trophy cabinet has been empty since he left. Why not talk about achievement? Why not talk about statistics? Statistics that clearly show that Scolari has made the worst start in RA's era. How many times did JM lose to the top 4 opponents in the league? Twice in 4 years. That is outstanding!!! How many times has Scolari won against a top 4 - NONE!!! And all the games were played at SB. That is insane!!!

Let's talk facts, no more fabrications, please.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 10:52am On Dec 12, 2008
Hey hey hey . . . I know you were not referring to me but can you leave "sisters". . . . .

What you do not get that Ibime is trying to say is . . . JM achieved at Chelsea but he had his inadequacies as well that you are not willing to accept. .

1.  . . I will get you some links . .

2. . . I just said something about that. . . I do not think JM signed him

3. . . Only an idiot will not ask for the sack of Arnesen. . . I have asked so many times why he is still there. .

4. . . Don't stuff like that. . . because we signed a player does not mean no one else was ready to fight for them but the point is these guys were established talents already. . . Drogba, Carvalho had won the CL, Cole. . the PL and was best left back and established england international. . Essien . . are you kidding? besides Sheva. . .  this Chelsea's most expensive Chelsea player. . . Nobody sells that expensive if they not already made. . .

5. . . Ibime will surely help you with that. . .

6Common stop this falied to blend thing. . . he had four seasons with us. . he is simply a waste. .

7. . We sold Tiago a season later. . . you don't sell hits that quickly do you?

8. . . Forced to buy Malouda?.  . that's not the point. He had 13m he could have bought anyone else. . . .

9Kalou has been promising since he came . ,  . he is still promising. . . Ferriera, well I do not think that needs defending. .

10. . . . I think by saying Four we mean . . . Cech, Lampard, Joe and Wayne Bridge. . . Guess what? I am going to add John Terry. . . He did not buy John but he established John from the academy and made the initial growth of what is his today . . To me it's Five. . . .

11. . . . Hold on . . I think there are a few ways to understand wasteful . . . because he did not win anything does not mean he is wasteful . . don't be blinded by trophies only . . and that's what Ibime is trying to say . . monumental spendings for short term gains. . anybody can do that. . . Tinkerman left us with players that were going to form the spine of JM's success. . .

point of correction . . . Ranieri spent £120m when Roman arrived. . . Aw is that more than what JM spent in his entire term? . . are you kidding. . . ?

And let me School Ranieri bought Chelsea some of the most influential players ever. . and I am going to list them and compare them to JM's purchses. . .

Frank Lampard , Emmanuel Petit, Boudewijn Zenden, Jesper Grønkjær, William Gallas, 

Wayne Bridge, Joe Cole, Scott Parker, Glen Johnson,  Juan Sebastian 'Seba' Veron, Hernán Crespo, Claude Makélélé, Adrian Mutu,  Petr Cech, Arjen Robben. . .

And he nutured players like John Terry, Robert Huth, and got the best out of players like Samuele Dalla Bona and Mario Stanic. . . .

It's clear. .  no one is Anti-JM . . there's no reason to be . . but he was wasteful

12. . . . I can't criticize Grant because right now Anelka has scored 16 goals in all competitions. .  Aw do you criticize that? Only you does that. . . bearing in mind that he came in Jan. . he was the only available player that was not cup-tied and at that price . .

For the last piece. . . I won't go into this Scolari thing again. . but I really do not understand what you mean by worst start to the season. . . by number of games won you are wrong . . . . number of points, you are wrong . . goals scored, you are goals conceeded, you are wrong. . . . except we start to compare the teams they beat and did not beat and that will be ridiculous. . for trophies, I will say wait till the end of the season and justify him after spending only £24m. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 11:36am On Dec 12, 2008
Chelsea 2004/2005:

Played Wins Draws Losses Goals For GA GD Pts

14 10 3 1 23 6 +17 33

Chelsea 2008/2009:

Played Wins Draws Losses Goals For GA GD Pts

14 10 3 1 32 4 +28 33

I decided to get this for you. . . This is JM's start and LPS's start. . . after 14 games, how the hell did you come about worst start?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 12:11pm On Dec 12, 2008
No time. . . . let me just correct something. . . .

Marseille quoted Juventus £14m for Drogba and they had made a bid for him. . . . until we stepped in.

Man Utd were preparing a bid for Essien, until we stepped in.

Carvalho is the only one where we were the only bidders. We made the bid quickly and when other teams looked at the price, they simply baulked.

Cole was a deadline day transaction. . . . are you telling me no one else was interested in Cole when he was probably the best LB in the world?. . . the only reason we were the only bidders is because Arsenal wanted Gallas as a caveat to sweeten the deal.

Chelsea paid Lyn £80,000 for Mikel Obi's education. He was already in our squad, but we couldn't sign him due to work permit restrictions. We had a gentleman's agreement with Lyn that they would sell him back to us but they stabbed us in the back. Even Mikel Obi thought he was a Chelsea player, that was why he got confused when the Man Utd saga unfolded. He didn't simply train with us, he was someone we had planned for way before Mourinho arrived.

Now, lets put to bed this myth about these players being Great Acquisitions. They are not Great Acquisitions, they have simply performed to the level expected of the amount of money we paid for them. A great acquisition is when you buy players like Daniel Agger @ £4m, Martin Skrtel @ £6m, Vidic @ £8m, Evra @ £7m, Maicon @ £5m, Bakary Sagna @ £7m, Gallas @ £7m, Pires @ £6m, David Villa @ £8m, Lampard @ £11m, Henry @ £11m, Ronaldo @ £12m, Kaka @ £5m, Ribery @ £17m, Ronaldinho @ £23m, even Torres @ £20m - £25m as his value has doubled.

Dare I say, if Ivanovic was given a proper run in the team, the £9m we paid for him will look like chicken change. That will make him a great acquisition.

Drogba, Essien, and Carvalho are simply acquisitions which hold their value. You cannot sell them for more than you bought them, and if so, not much more. They have simple performed to the level of expenditure. They are Value-For-Money acquisitions.

SWP did not fail to blend. He is simply a talentless road runner who lacks technique.

As for Ranieri, he still has 4 of his players in the first 11, namely, Cech, Terry, Lamps and Joe Cole. Three were signed under his watch whilst he brought Terry through from the youth team.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 12:56pm On Dec 12, 2008
somze:

Face it, you guys are simply anti-JM. JM has achieved more than any other manager in our history given the fact that the one before him spent much more than he did. You can't take away that fact - Our trophy cabinet has been empty since he left. Why not talk about achievement? Why not talk about statistics? Statistics that clearly show that Scolari has made the worst start in RA's era. How many times did JM lose to the top 4 opponents in the league? Twice in 4 years. That is outstanding!!! How many times has Scolari won against a top 4 - NONE!!! And all the games were played at SB. That is insane!!!

Let's talk facts, no more fabrications, please.
Somze, really I give you credit for you posts and it is clear that you understood the legacy JM left at Chelsea. I can only second your thoughts by saying that there is no thinking twice that JM was the best manager Chelsea ever had in years. Like  you, I have tried on many occassions to highlight this on this thread. What JM brought to Chelsea and the trophy room is priceless. I just don't know why some Chelsea supporters have failed to give the guy the credit he deserves.

Aside the trophy, I as a person, loved to watch chelsea play under JM. me love the guys style. His tactical mind and ability is awesome. There is no hiding it that if not for JM and his team and the believe he have his players, they wouldn't have won anything.

Call him arrogant, call him anything, but for me, I think he is FANTASTIC. He has brought chelsea back on the MAP. He gave the fans something they couldn't even dream of (well maybe they did sha)

Again, some may argue that Chelsea play "better" (depends on how you see it) under LPS, but then, that is NOT the only thing that win trophies. Let Arsenal and Barca continue to play their sexy football. It suits their mode of play.

I give my support to LPS and hope that by the end of the season, Chelsea will get a TRIPLE.
No matter who coaches or manages Chelsea, He (or She grin) will always be compared to JM. That shows you the power of his successes with Chelsea.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (98)

Chelsea Vs Manchester United: F.A Cup (0 - 2) On 18th February 2019 / Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 12th September 2015 / Manchester United Vs Tottenham Hotspur (1 - 6) On 4th October 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.