Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,843 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

How The West Corrodes Our Morality - Family (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How The West Corrodes Our Morality (81920 Views)

Who Is Better Groomed, Born In Nigeria Or Born In The West? / African Ladies And Affairs Within The West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Missy89(f): 8:22pm On Oct 30, 2014
shymexx:

1). Ok, agreed it was counter-offensive. And how was it different to the Chinese counter-offensive on its borders against Hanoi, due to its invasion of Cambodia, to change a regime that's pro-China? And what's colonial about that when, when China never even planned to stay in Vietnam in the first place? Perhaps, you need to read more about the two countries and how they've been going at it since like forever.

Also, what's colonial about the border line dispute between two countries that have been fighting bitter wars since the early century? Didn't California, Texas, Arizona etc. used to part of Mexico - what happened? And would you call that colonial land grab, or just conquered territories? Basically the same way the Edos conquered your Ondo folks, to create a buffer with Oyo - and what made you proud of your part-Edo ancestry, no? grin tongue

2). Would the Soviets have moved into Cuba, if the yanks hadn't surrounded them with missiles in Europe? And did they just go there, or they were invited by Fidel Castro for protection, after the failed American Bay of Pigs Invasion? So, where's the colonialism/imperialism in that?

Also, did the yanks listen to all the political solutions the Soviets offered? The only time they ever listened was when violence was threatened. You can even go as far back as the British and French invasion of Egypt during the Suez Crisis. You just have to show might to an imperialist...and that was how the yanks were soundly defeated in Vietnam - with an ar.se whooping of epic proportions. Muhammed Ali said it best, when he said: "No I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end."

4). How's controlling your own pseudo-country imperialism? According to your logic, all the civil rights movement leaders and protesters that were gunned down when MLK was killed, were killed because of imperialism, no? Those black panther members were also killed because of imperialism? I honestly don't understand your logic here, to be honest.

Europe was divided into two after world war 2 separated by the Berlin Wall - the west on one side - and the east on the other. So, basically, imperialism has absolutely nothing to do with whatever happened in the east. Call it fascism ot whatever, but it wasn't imperialism. Do you get it now?

5). You can't get under my skin cos I don't show emotions. I'm just calling your opinions as I see them. Be objective, and open-minded.

Personally, I'm just scared for the west because I'm western with my outlook to life. And all the other great empires who tried the pseudo-domination always end up committing self-inflicted suicides. And the face of the west, America, is already in rapid decline due to the same stupidity in the last wto decades - and it's almost time over. But what might come after won't be pretty for the west, if the Chinese for example decide to avenge what they did to them during colonial times, with the opium holocaust. It'll be brutal for everyone.

Do you even know the regime China was supporting? It was Khmer Rouge!!. Now what does that tell you about China? that human rights does not matter as long as the interest of the nation is served. (just like any great power). And you cant launch a counter offensive from a place where there was no offensive to begin with. That is a second front not a counter offensive.

Thats pretty much different. don't know how factual your Ondo conquest story is. but there is a difference between settling in an area and being part of a group as a result of conquest. I am not from Ondo i am from Ondo state (very different tongue). I heard they conquered ijebu as well wink (don't even ask me how check it online urself)

I never said the Soviets moved to Cuba because they were imperial. You said no nation should move beyond its borders when it come to domination and i pointed out that national interest might push u far away beyond your borders! and i cited Cuba.

Pseudo- country? you sound like an imperialist yourself!. MLK was american protesting in America. The Hungarians are not Russian. they have their own country so does the Slovaks. not buying this logic!

Europe was divided by 2 major powers, they stationed their troops there and control the social life of the people in those areas. That SIR, is Imperialism.
According to Encyclopedia Britannica "imperialism is a state policy, practice, or advocacy of extending power and dominion, especially by direct territorial acquisition or by gaining political and economic control of other areas. Because it always involves the use of power, whether military force or some subtler form, imperialism has often been considered morally reprehensible, and the term is frequently employed in international propaganda to denounce and discredit an opponent’s foreign policy."

Nations are always rational (apart from maybe north Korea). The demise of America and the west is greatly exaggerated. Even thou you claim to to have a western way of thinking, I can tell you are either a secret communist or you are cheering for the east and you want to see what will happen if the West falls. Don't hold your breath! TRAITOR!
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by lezz(m): 8:25pm On Oct 30, 2014
CrudeGH:
Undernourished, undereducated, unemployable modafaka! Stinkin, fvckin stu-pid basta-rd, scammer, spammer,419ner!

Whatever you are smoking must be very strong stuff. pawpaw leaves,huh? magg0t!

shameless goat- product of a failed state! bla bla bla foooooooooooool and where did you get the stvpid notion that GDP equates wealth? fuleish goat bleating crap! grin Lagos has bla bla bla and yet engineers and workmen fight over leftover fanta? grin Lagos has ......... and yet people eat from the dustbin in that state? grin Lagos has ...............and yet 90% of apes in that cursed sh1thole survive on less than $2 a day? grin what is life expectancy in Lagos? how many of you foools can even sleep at night in peace? grin how many people have access to electricity in lashit? what is the maternal and infant mortality and infant in your shithole? how many of you apes are gainfully employed? grin and I am not talking about pr0stitution or kidnappings grin fuckeduppedness people get kidnapped for a ransom of coke and gala grin no wonder your impoverished women are all fleeing broad to work as pr0stitutes grin baby factories are spring up all over all your magg0t-infested sh1thole grin no wonder your impoverished fellow apes are trooping to Ghana like ants attracted to sugar ;

Why don’t you jump off a cliff or go take a gas shower? Vulture-eating wizard with a brain of a two-day old baby! Kiss my arse, ugly bas-tard!

hahahahahaha rantings of a certified magg0t with inferiority complex in a zoo, the bleaching capital of the world. bleached albinos! shitnigerians are as dark as burnt tyres grin

now hear this, as a modafaking shitnigerian you are either a 419ner, yahoo yahoo, pick pocket, very corrupt, exam cheat, a ritualist, a witch or wizard, militant, oil bunkerer, pirate, love-vendor or pr0stitute, terrorist, armed robber. and that makes you inferior to a Ghanaian! hahahaha omo naija generator republic grin hahahahahaha Federal Republic of Foooooooooools grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[s][/s]

your diction is cheap and your insults are as tidy as chicken scribble and you're still hurting. Funny how my few words rip your heart out and make your emotions faster than your brains.

Everything about you depicts your heritage--poor and broke as your ghana. Nigeria at its present state is what ghana can never become. You all are docile, dull, copycats and Naija-wanna-bes.

While Nigeria battles with Electricity, we muscled out a $532 billion dollar economy, the biggest on the continent.

While bokoharam rages in north, that region has managed to produced the richest man in African, and the richest black man in the world......Dangote is worth $16 billion dollars more than half the economy of the whole ghana. The 2nd richest man is still a distant $6 billion.

While you claim we are unemployed we still have africa's richest woman.

While you claim we are fools, we still manage to produce africa's riches blogger. Our traders and importers still cause so much headache for your dull and lazy, iddle ghanaian pettytraders, they pressured your government to ask the industrious and hard-working Nigerians to leave your national market...hehe.

While we are uneducated, we still managed to launch 3 satalites in the orbit....the only african country to do that till date.

While living on less than $2 a day, we have 130 million active gsm subscribers, DHL sub-sahara africa headquaters, MTN financial headquaters.

Should i go on puting you in your place? I will.

GLO, ECOBANK, DANGOTE,ZENITH etc in ghana extending Nigeria's economic empire in Ghana.

Nollywood is what ghollywood is trying in vain to become.

Our music is your national anthem.ghana play us none stop.
(note how you shamelessly sang an old naija tune earlier)

our artists and stars are household names all over ghana.

That is why you are a ghanain nairaland e-rat.
From the abyss of eternity God destined Nigeria to be bigger and greater and more influential than ghana.

Ghana's greatest achievement is to be regarded as Nigeria's neighbour. And her citizens proudly display thier nairaland account as a bragging right.

Your life's greatest achievement is to own a nairaland account and have a Nigerian like me exchange words with you -a favour i don't mind doing just to boost the timid morals of our tiny, direction-less neighbours.

As a ghanain you aren't even worth the effort i employed to type this, but Nigeria has been performing alot of sacrifices to her neighbours, so who am I to complain.

Don't bother replying this post if you have any ounce of shame left in your coal black flesh. I have murderd and buried you, let Ghanaians in nairaland read and weep. Hejeheheheh
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Missy89(f): 8:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
shymexx:

Stop conflating two issues here. I simply alluded to the types of people they propped up. While Soviets supported the likes of Kwame Nkrumah, Sekou Toure, Patrice Lumumba, Thomas Sankara et al - the West on the other hand propped up Mobutu, Jonas Savimbi, Idi Amin et al. Can you see the difference now?

Now, argue based on that perspective.

Heck, the Soviet and Cuba (Fidel Castro) don't even get their just due for the big role they played in the collapse of Apartheid South Africa. The collapse started with the defeat it suffered against the Angolans. While the West supported Apartheid South Africa - the Soviet Union supported the Africans, via Cuba and Fidel Castro.

China has no strong political influence in Africa because it's not into interference. Its foreign policy is about "Non Interference." It's not an imperial power with guns to everyone's head...just a normal decent business man. grin

Where were the Soviets when Lumamba and Toure needed them? That should tell you that these intellectuals were proxies and serfs of the cold war. When they were crushed the soviets simply moved on. I already agreed that they were way better than the western leaning leaders but the point i was making is that both powers doesn't really care as long as they serve their purpose. They were all pawns in the great game of geopolitics.

China is only hiding behind "non interference" because of the ethnic diversity in their country which would make them look like hypocrites should they interfere in other people's affairs. Their adversaries can quickly prop up Tibet and start an uprising. That worked well against the Soviet during the cold war. the Baltics were propped up to check Soviet interference on global affairs.

Doesn't mean China is a saint, It is a necessary policy that is needed to preserve state power. Another reason is their military is not that strong yet. In few years they will be more flexible about interfering as their military gets stronger. This things are just strategies !

China is not a status quo power. she has ambitions hence her claim to various land within her borders. when she has the capability to take it, the attempt will be made
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Missy89(f): 9:05pm On Oct 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:
Self-proclaimed expert of History. grin grin grin

Under Czar Peter I (the Great), shown in the painting at the right, the "Russian Empire" was proclaimed in 1721, and it soon became recognized as a world power. Ruling from 1672 to 1725, Peter defeated Sweden, forcing it to cede West Karelia and Ingria, as well as Estland and Livland, and he succeeded in securing Russia's access to the Baltic Sea and to sea trade. On the Baltic Sea, Peter I founded a new capital called Saint Petersburg His many reforms brought considerable Western European cultural influences to the new Russian Empire.

Catherine II (the Great), who ruled from 1762-1796, presided over the Age of Russian Enlightenment. She extended Russian political control over the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and eventually incorporated most of its territories into Russia, pushing the Russian frontier Westward into Central Europe. In the South, Russia's borders were extended to the Black Sea, after the defeat of the Crimean Khanate.

In the early 19th Century, under the rule of Czar Alexander I (1801-1825), Russia took Finland from the weakened Kingdom of Sweden and took Bessarabia from the Ottomans. At the same time, the Russians colonized Alaskaand even established settlements on the West Coast of North America, as far south as California.

The Russian Empire was instrumental in the defeat of Napoleon Bonaparte, at the end of his quest to conquer all of Europe. Almost 95% of Napoleon's "Grande Armée" perished during the cold Russian winter of 1812. The Russian army drove Napoleon from Russia and pushed him back across Europe, finally entering Paris. Czar Alexander I headed Russia's delegation to the Congress of Vienna that defined the map of post-Napoleonic Europe.

In another major feat, it was a Russian sea expedition in 1820 that discovered the previously unknown continent of Antarctica.

http://www.stamp-collecting-world.com/russianempire_history.html

Russia was not imperialistic and only fought its neighbors. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Leave shymexx. Russians were only defending themselves grin. just look at the major land grabs

According to him. You can only be considered an Imperialist if you colonize Africa.

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 30, 2014
Missy89:

Leave shymexx. Russians were only defending themselves grin. just look at the major land grabs

According to him. You can only be considered an Imperialist if you colonize Africa.

I admire your patience. Respect! smiley
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 30, 2014
Missy89:

Lmao at grasping at straws when I already put in context that in the case of Russia, it never ventured outside of its immediate neighbours.

And I also asserted that it is understandable due to its neighbours at that period - and being surrounded by different kingdoms and empires. So it was a necessity to create buffers. And it was well stated on that link.

If you want to keep going on a tangent and grasping at straws with duffers, I might just stop quoting you.

Anyway, I'm typing my reply to the other two posts now.
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Misogynist2014(m): 9:17pm On Oct 30, 2014
lezz:

your diction is cheap and your insults are as tidy as chicken scribble and you're still hurting. Funny how my few words rip your heart out and make your emotions faster than your brains.

Everything about you depicts your heritage--poor and broke as your ghana. Nigeria at its present state is what ghana can never become. You all are docile, dull, copycats and Naija-wanna-bes.

While Nigeria battles with Electricity, we muscled out a $532 billing dollar economy, the biggest on the continent.

While bokoharam rages in north, that region has managed to produced the richest man in African, and the richest black man in the world......Dangote is worth $16 billion dollars more than half the economy of the whole ghana. The 2nd richest man is still a distant $6 billion.

While you claim we are unemployed we still have africa's richest woman.

While you claim we are fools, we still manage to produce africa's riches blogger. Our traders and importers still cause so much headache for your dull and lazy, iddle ghanaian pettytraders, they pressured your government to ask the industrious and hard-working Nigerians to leave your national market...hehe.

While we are uneducated, we still managed to launch 3 satalites in the orbit....the only african country to do that till date.

While living on less than $2 a day, we have 130 million active gsm subscribers, DHL sub-sahara africa headquaters, MTN financial headquaters.

Should i go on puting you in your place? I will.

GLO, ECOBANK, DANGOTE,ZENITH etc in ghana extending Nigeria's economic empire in Ghana.

Nollywood is what ghollywood is trying in vain to become.

Our music is your national anthem.ghana play us none stop.
(note how you shamelessly sang an old naija tune earlier)

our artists and stars are household names all over ghana.

That is why you are a ghanain nairaland e-rat.
From the abyss of eternity God destined Nigeria to be bigger and greater and more influential than ghana.

Ghana's greatest achievement is to be regarded as Nigeria's neighbour. And her citizens proudly display thier nairaland account as a bragging right.

Your life's greatest achievement is to own a nairaland account and have a Nigerian like me exchange words with you -a favour i don't mind doing just to boost the timid morals our tiny, direction-less neighbours.

As a ghanain you aren't even worth the effort i employed to type this, but Nigeria has been performing alot of sacrifices, so who am I to complain.

Don't bother replying this post if you have any ounce of shame left in your coal black flesh. I have murderd and buried you, let Ghanaians in nairaland read and weep. Hejeheheheh
Even our poor power supply is able to light the whole of Ghana. The guy I think is suffering from the effect of weed. Our women are very beautiful, but their bizzare women grow beards. Their men are very ugly, they are were bestowed with hugh bùttocks like that of South Africa. A country where a single woman can marry as many useless men as she wants. But for our poor leaders, Ghana should be kissing our feet. Bunch of nincömpoops!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Missy89(f): 9:29pm On Oct 30, 2014
shymexx:

Lmao at grasping at straws when I already put in context that in the case of Russia, it never ventured outside of its immediate neighbours.

And I also asserted that it is understandable due to its neighbours at that period - and being surrounded by different kingdoms and empires. So it was a necessity to create buffers. And it was well stated on that link.

If you want to keep going on a tangent and grasping at straws with duffers, I might just stop quoting you.

So colonization is accepted if you do it to your immediate neighbor? and it can be a necessity? British/French explores can also use that argument to justify what they did in Africa.

Russia's security problem was in the West (North European plain) so why were they creating buffer in the East? how does that even add up? How does the colonization of Alaska solves Russia's European security problem?
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 30, 2014
Missy89:

Do you even know the regime China was supporting? It was Khmer Rouge!!. Now what does that tell you about China? that human rights does not matter as long as the interest of the nation is served. (just like any great power). And you cant launch a counter offensive from a place where there was no offensive to begin with. That is a second front not a counter offensive.

Thats pretty much different. don't know how factual your Ondo conquest story is. but there is a difference between settling in an area and being part of a group as a result of conquest. I am not from Ondo i am from Ondo state (very different tongue). I heard they conquered ijebu as well wink (don't even ask me how check it online urself)

I never said the Soviets moved to Cuba because they were imperial. You said no nation should move beyond its borders when it come to domination and i pointed out that national interest might push u far away beyond your borders! and i cited Cuba.

Pseudo- country? you sound like an imperialist yourself!. MLK was american protesting in America. The Hungarians are not Russian. they have their own country so does the Slovaks. not buying this logic!

Europe was divided by 2 major powers, they stationed their troops there and control the social life of the people in those areas. That SIR, is Imperialism.
According to Encyclopedia Britannica "imperialism is a state policy, practice, or advocacy of extending power and dominion, especially by direct territorial acquisition or by gaining political and economic control of other areas. Because it always involves the use of power, whether military force or some subtler form, imperialism has often been considered morally reprehensible, and the term is frequently employed in international propaganda to denounce and discredit an opponent’s foreign policy."

Nations are always rational (apart from maybe north Korea). The demise of America and the west is greatly exaggerated. Even thou you claim to to have a western way of thinking, I can tell you are either a secret communist or you are cheering for the east and you want to see what will happen if the West falls. Don't hold your breath! TRAITOR!

- I alluded to China supporting Khmer Rouge - go back and read my post again.

- and no, Bini never conquered Ijebu. Perhaps in their dreams and revisionism. And I already debated this with PhysicsQED. Heck, Ijebu had more influence on Bini culture than Bini ever had on Ijebu.

- if what happened in the Eastern bloc to you is imperialism, would you call it the killings of thousands of angry protesters in America, when MLK was assassinated imperialism as well? Lool. That was fascism!

And if you still have any doubt, google "fascism history in Europe" and you will see the example you cited. I have never even seen any academic reference ever refer to it as imperialism. The Eastern bloc was more or less a single entity back then, with the same ideology.
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by lezz(m): 9:36pm On Oct 30, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Even our poor power supply is able to light the whole of Ghana. The guy I think is suffering from the effect of weed. Our women are very beautiful, but their bizzare women grow beards. Their men are very ugly, they are were bestowed with hugh bùttocks like that of South Africa. A country where a single woman can marry as many useless men as she wants. But for our poor leaders, Ghana should be kissing our feet. Bunch of nincömpoops!
lol, you can imagine a country who waits for the UK to send yearly aid before their national budget is passed. The only difference between the pre-independent ghana and this one is that the UK allowed them to own and fly a flag.

They can't make laws except the UK approves. Ghana has successfully redefine a new hallmark for neo colonial dependency. Slave state.
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 9:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
Missy89:

Where were the Soviets when Lumamba and Toure needed them? That should tell you that these intellectuals were proxies and serfs of the cold war. When they were crushed the soviets simply moved on. I already agreed that they were way better than the western leaning leaders but the point i was making is that both powers doesn't really care as long as they serve their purpose. They were all pawns in the great game of geopolitics.

China is only hiding behind "non interference" because of the ethnic diversity in their country which would make them look like hypocrites should they interfere in other people's affairs. Their adversaries can quickly prop up Tibet and start an uprising. That worked well against the Soviet during the cold war. the Baltics were propped up to check Soviet interference on global affairs.

Doesn't mean China is a saint, It is a necessary policy that is needed to preserve state power. Another reason is their military is not that strong yet. In few years they will be more flexible about interfering as their military gets stronger. This things are just strategies !

China is not a status quo power. she has ambitions hence her claim to various land within her borders. when she has the capability to take it, the attempt will be made

So, those great African intellectuals were serfs, but Idi Amin, Mobutu, and Savimbi were geniuses, no? FML! I just lost my appetite!

They didn't intervene cos they were not militarily interested in invading any part of the continent. They were not imperialists - peep the difference.

And America has no ethnic diversity, no? And it is free when it's just 5% of the world's population, but has about 25% of the world's prison population, no? You are more likely to go to prison in America than in China. No country is perfect. Anyway, that is beside the point - let's focus on imperialism and colonialism tendencies.

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 30, 2014
Missy89:

So colonization is accepted if you do it to your immediate neighbor? and it can be a necessity? British/French explores can also use that argument to justify what they did in Africa.

Russia's security problem was in the West (North European plain) so why were they creating buffer in the East? how does that even add up? How does the colonization of Alaska solves Russia's European security problem?

In context, that had more to do with protecting territorial integrity, and creating buffers to prevent invasion. Read everything in context hence historians and academic don't label these countries as such.

Who was in Alaska before the Russians moved in? Was it not almost empty, and closer to them than any other country?

And can you say America colonised Mexico cos of California, Texas, Arizona etc.? Stop dodging this question.
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Misogynist2014(m): 9:43pm On Oct 30, 2014
shymexx:

I don't agree with you that Soviet Union were not imperialists. Is the current support for rebels in Ukraine, where they are planning to establish the independent Donetsk republic (largest city in Ukraine) which has caused death, loss of home and properties to create a buffer zone? N.B Donetsk is still in the hand of the rebels.
Sweden are also saying they suspect something illegal entering their water ways from Russia. I agree with you that America is trying to demonise Putin with their powerful media and that they have done worse things e.g the weapon of mass destruction and 9/11 scam. They are more dangerous but hide under human rights and LGBT to promote their imperialism and NWO. smiley
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Missy89(f): 9:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
shymexx:

- I alluded to China supporting Khmer Rouge - go back and read my post again.

- and no, Bini never conquered Ijebu. Perhaps in their dreams and revisionism. And I already debated this with PhysicsQED. Heck, Ijebu had more influence on Bini culture than Bini ever had on Ijebu.

- if what happened in the Eastern bloc to you is imperialism, would you call it the killings of thousands of angry protesters in America, when MLK assassinated imperialism as well? Lool. That was fascism!

And if you still have any doubt, google "fascism history in Europe" and you will see the example you cited. I have never even seen any academic reference ever refer to it as imperialism. The Eastern bloc was more or less a single entity back then, with the same ideology.

Since u mentioned Khmer Rouge, Do you agree that Nation states are always about interests then? What does that tell you about your Holy China that never "colonized" anyone

Why are you comparing an internal affair to a national one or when was Hungary or Czechoslovakia ever part of Russia? So America can roll tanks into Canada and crush a protest there because Canada is in America's sphere of influence really? Every country deals with internal protest differently, China is doing the same in Hong Kong. That example wont even fly at all.

There is a difference between a bloc and a state. NATO is a bloc, will France intervene in a protest in Portugal? shooting people with tanks on the street ? i just quoted the meaning of the word using a British dictionary if that doesn't give u an appropriate definition then i give up

When you say Fascism, are you saying the protesters were fascist and needed to be crushed by the communist ? i am confused!

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by GuyFawkes: 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2014
shymexx:

Yes, that's what's missing in her life.

She reads a lot about world history and politics, but left out the most important aspect of it. Africa/black history, with middle east, changed the world. You can't understand world history without being knowledgeable about the two most important parts of the world. grin

Africa cradle of civilization smiley then the middle east.....Greece,Asia,Rome....back to the middle east then Europe before America came into focus etc
That's the route world history has taken me.
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Missy89(f): 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2014
shymexx:

So, those great African intellectuals were serfs, but Idi Amin, Mobutu, and Savimbi were geniuses, no? FML! I just lost my appetite!

They didn't intervene cos they were not militarily interested in invading any part of the continent. They were not imperialists - peep the difference.

And America has no ethnic diversity, no? And it is free when it's just 5% of the world's population, but has about 25% of the world's prison population, no? You are more likely to go to prison in America than in China. No country is perfect. Anyway, that is beside the point - let's focus on imperialism and colonialism tendencies.

I said ALL of them were serfs. Both Anti and pro communists i didn't spare anyone.

They didn't intervene because it is counter productive . They will just prop another leader up and start all over again. It is called "weighing the options". You really think the soviet planners cared about some intellectual? It is all about who can assert control in the country they want to dominate. simple as that

America is ethic diverse but it is not the historical home of most of the occupants as well. it was a stolen territory. It is different from other countries where most ethnicity have their ancestral land. The line about the prison doesn't add any salt to the argument. again, that's beyond the scope of the argument
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 30, 2014
GuyFawkes:

Africa cradle of civilization smiley then the middle east ....Greece,Asia,Rome....back to the middle east then Europe before America came into focus etc

Tell us where Egypt is located.

Then tell me where Iraq is located and then tell me what is referred to as the cradle of civilization in the first place.

Are you supporting someone who says that the Roman Empire still exists?

Are you supporting someone who claims that Russia was never an Empire?

Self-proclaimed expert of History. grin

Under Czar Peter I (the Great), shown in the painting at the right, the "Russian Empire" was proclaimed in 1721, and it soon became recognized as a world power. Ruling from 1672 to 1725, Peter defeated Sweden, forcing it to cede West Karelia and Ingria, as well as Estland and Livland, and he succeeded in securing Russia's access to the Baltic Sea and to sea trade. On the Baltic Sea, Peter I founded a new capital called Saint Petersburg His many reforms brought considerable Western European cultural influences to the new Russian Empire.

Catherine II (the Great), who ruled from 1762-1796, presided over the Age of Russian Enlightenment. She extended Russian political control over the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and eventually incorporated most of its territories into Russia, pushing the Russian frontier Westward into Central Europe. In the South, Russia's borders were extended to the Black Sea, after the defeat of the Crimean Khanate.

In the early 19th Century, under the rule of Czar Alexander I (1801-1825), Russia took Finland from the weakened Kingdom of Sweden and took Bessarabia from the Ottomans. At the same time, the Russians colonized Alaska and even established settlements on the West Coast of North America, as far south as California.

The Russian Empire was instrumental in the defeat of Napoleon Bonaparte, at the end of his quest to conquer all of Europe. Almost 95% of Napoleon's "Grande Armée" perished during the cold Russian winter of 1812. The Russian army drove Napoleon from Russia and pushed him back across Europe, finally entering Paris. Czar Alexander I headed Russia's delegation to the Congress of Vienna that defined the map of post-Napoleonic Europe.

In another major feat, it was a Russian sea expedition in 1820 that discovered the previously unknown continent of Antarctica.

According to the self-proclaimed Historian Russia was not imperialistic and only fought its neighbors. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
Missy89:

Since u mentioned Khmer Rouge, Do you agree that Nation states are always about interests then? What does that tell you about your Holy China that never "colonized" anyone

Why are you comparing an internal affair to a national one or when was Hungary or Czechoslovakia ever part of Russia? So America can roll tanks into Canada and crush a protest there because Canada is in America's sphere of influence really? Every country deals with internal protest differently, China is doing the same in Hong Kong. That example wont even fly at all.

There is a difference between a bloc and a state. NATO is a bloc, will France intervene in a protest in Portugal? shooting people with tanks on the street ? i just quoted the meaning of the word using a British dictionary if that doesn't give u an appropriate definition then i give up

When you say Fascism, are you saying the protesters were fascist and needed to be crushed by the communist ? i am confused!

Can't you see Cambodia and Vietnam are neighbours with China, and China and Soviet Union weren't on good terms back then? So when Vietnam joined the Soviet sphere of influence, and it was about to spread its tentacles to Cambodia, and probably creep into China. What did you except China to do? So, what is the correlation between what neighbouring countries - and a next country going more than 10,000 miles to colonise folks?

Do you even understand what the eastern and western bloc after world war 2 were about? And what is the correlation between that and a military alliance? You sound ignorant here.

You don't even understand what fascism is about lol. How can protesters be fascist? Lool. The government acted in a fascist way - that is my point.

I'm done cos you will just keep going in circles without citing anything worth debating. Just read the terms I alluded to on google, and draw your comparisons. I lost my appetite already.
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 30, 2014
GuyFawkes:

Africa cradle of civilization smiley then the middle east.....Greece,Asia,Rome....back to the middle east then Europe before America came into focus etc

Lmao they are about to tell you Egypt isn't in Africa and the Nile Valley is in Europe. And black people had nothing to do with Egypt, when most of the mummies are black, and almost all images show black faces looool.

Even when the Middle East used to be classified as part of Africa, before it was cut out of it in the 19 century by the Brits lol.

I'm done! Back to clowning around.
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Missy89(f): 10:15pm On Oct 30, 2014
shymexx:

In context, that had more to do with protecting territorial integrity, and creating buffers to prevent invasion. Read everything in context hence historians and academic don't label these countries as such.

Who was in Alaska before the Russians moved in? Was it not almost empty, and closer to them than any other country?

And can you say America colonised Mexico cos of California, Texas, Arizona etc.? Stop dodging this question.

But you never answered the question. What buffer are they trying to protect in the East?

There was no one in Alaska? Lol

Read about the Battle of Sitka and Russia's colonization and russification of the Americas

Yes America was a colonial power i never disputed that. Mexico wasn't colonized but part of her territory was.

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
shymexx:

Lmao they are about to tell you Egypt isn't in Africa and the Nile Valley is in Europe. And black people had nothing to do with Egypt, when most of the mummies are black, and almost all images show black faces looool.

Even when the Middle East used to be classified as part of Africa, before it was cut out of it in the 19 century by the Brits lol.

I'm done! Back to clowning around.

So Egypt is the first place where a civilization process took place?

And the Roman Empire still exists?

And there has been never such a thing as Russian Empire?
And Russians have never invaded places that are not their immediate neighbors?

Keep running!
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Missy89(f): 10:28pm On Oct 30, 2014
shymexx:

Can't you see Cambodia and Vietnam are neighbours with China, and China and Soviet Union weren't on good terms back then? So when Vietnam joined the Soviet sphere of influence, and it was about to spread its tentacles to Cambodia, and probably creep into China. What did you except China to do? So, what is the correlation between what neighbouring countries - and a next country going more than 10,000 miles to colonise folks?

Do you even understand what the eastern and western bloc after world war 2 were about? And what is the correlation between that and a military alliance? You sound ignorant here.

You don't even understand what fascism is about lol. How can protesters be fascist? Lool. The government acted in a fascist way - that is my point.

I'm done cos you will just keep going in circles without citing anything worth debating. Just read the terms I alluded to on google, and draw your comparisons. I lost my appetite already.

Another BS argument here, in short you are saying China is acting on his own self interest regardless the government in power which buttresses my point that state powers are pragmatic and act as long as their interest is threatened and everyone is guilty of the same thing China inclusive

I dont understand what fascism is? really. So how can a communist government act in a fascist way? some BS u are trying to push here!. this just doesn't make any sense to me.

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by lezz(m): 10:35pm On Oct 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

No, you are wrong.

I am very proud of this country. grin grin grin

[img]http://4.bp..com/-hOhkmI5hUfU/UHqPv-JRUuI/AAAAAAAAFO8/g56HgqXSwX4/s400/warri.jpg[/img]

[img]http://ireporterstv.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Poorest-States-in-Nigeria-Revealed.jpg[/img]

The male dominance has made the best out of the country's rich natural resources.

It is a morally superior, heavenly place to be.

That's why you live in the white man's country. grin grin grin

The worst thing that could happen to any female is to have an identity crisis. Not knowing how and where to function in a 21st century world.

You become a she-man at best, a self loathing sadist at worse, and you grow older, uglier and sader faster than the speed of your natural biological clock. You are confused and in need of help.

Your moniker is a deep reflection of your cravings for a wayword life without a sense of purpose or responsibility - a life answerable to no one.

5 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by GuyFawkes: 10:42pm On Oct 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Tell us where Egypt is located.

Then tell me where Iraq is located and then tell me what is referred to as the cradle of civilization in the first place.

Are you supporting someone who says that the Roman Empire still exists?

Are you supporting someone who claims that Russia was never an Empire?

Self-proclaimed expert of History. grin

In the early 19th Century, under the rule of Czar Alexander I (1801-1825), Russia took Finland from the weakened Kingdom of Sweden and took Bessarabia from the Ottomans. At the same time, the Russians colonized Alaska and even established settlements on the West Coast of North America, as far south as California.

According to the self-proclaimed Historian Russia was not imperialistic and only fought its neighbors. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Yes I know Mesopotamia is one of the cradles of civilization, but it doesn't diminish Egypt in anyway smiley neither must it be confused with the Egyptian dynasty which arose from the Nile Valley circa 3200 BC.

He didn't mean the Roman empire exists as you may assume if I remember that post, I even chipped in that the Roman empire metamorphosed into the Roman catholic church - then into the european ruling dynasties ( but that's my opinion ) . But you can't dispute the empires that have risen thereafter have been based on the templates of the ancient Roman empire.

Russia was an empire and there's a distinct difference between the Russian empire under Catherine the Great and the Russia post Romanovs - Lenin - Stalin and the USSR. Would you call the soviet union an empire? The cold war was basically about ideologies and having a sphere of influence, I wouldn't call it land grabbing.

The stuff you posted well the British,French,Prussians,Hapsburg were all expanding their territories during the period so its not exactly odd for the new world power from the east to follow suit.
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 30, 2014
lezz:

The worst thing that could happen to any female is to have an identity crisis. Not knowing how and where to function in a 21st century world.

You become a she-man at best, a self loathing sadist at worse, and you grow older, uglier and sader faster than the speed of your natural biological clock. You are confused and in need of help.

Your moniker is a deep reflection of your cravings for a wayword life without a sense of purpose or responsibility - a life answerable to no one.

Take care of the mess in the place where you live.

Don't worry about my life, I live in a civilized country. wink cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Misogynist2014(m): 10:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
lezz:
lol, you can imagine a country who waits for the UK to send yearly aid before their national budget is passed. The only difference between the pre-independent ghana and this one is that the UK allowed them to own and fly a flag.

They can't make laws except the UK approves. Ghana has successfully redefine a new hallmark for neo colonial dependency. Slave state.
Don't mind them, the Ghanian cedi is worthless, we are generous enough to supply them with electricity. They still haven't recovered from the 'ghana must go' saga, where we sent home 2 million gorillas and their bearded wives(husband cheesy ). One of their shaolin soccer players almost killed Uzoenyi, out of rage.
That apart, what's ur take on this topic?

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 30, 2014
GuyFawkes:

Yes I know Mesopotamia is one of the cradles of civilization, but it doesn't diminish Egypt in anyway smiley neither must it be confused with the Egyptian dynasty which arose from the Nile Valley circa 3200 BC.

Finally, someone who cares to get the facts right.

He didn't mean the Roman empire exists as you may assume if I remember that post, I even chipped in that the Roman empire metamorphosed into the Roman catholic church - then into the european ruling dynasties ( but that's my opinion ) . But you can't dispute the empires that have risen thereafter have been based on the templates of the ancient Roman empire.

No, he supported someone who claims that there have been only four Empires in human history and therefore claims that the Roman Empire and the British Empire are the same.

Russia was an empire and there's a distinct difference between the Russian empire under Catherine the Great and the Russia post Romanovs - Lenin - Stalin and the USSR. Would you call the soviet union an empire? The cold war was basically about ideologies and having a sphere of influence, I wouldn't call it land grabbing.

You agree that Russia used to be an Empire.

Now let us see if the Soviet Union was an Empire. Let us first define the term Empire.

empire

1 An extensive group of states or countries ruled over by a single monarch, an oligarchy, or a sovereign state

1.1. [MASS NOUN] Supreme political power over several countries when exercised by a single authority

2. An extensive sphere of activity controlled by one person or group

3. A large commercial organization owned or controlled by one person or group

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/supreme

According to definition 1.1. the Soviet Union was imperialistic.

Let us have a look at Poland as a case study of the Soviet Union's imperialistic tendencies:

"After the defeat of Germany in WWII, Poland remained more of a concept than a reality.Under staunch Soviet control and with borders already somewhat amorphous, the victorious allies had to decide what to do with Poland. In the end, the United Kingdom and the U.S. agreed to the Soviet Union's plans to annex the eastern territories of Poland to the Soviet Union, and in recompense, Poland received East Prussia and other German territories, roughly 80% of the size of the territory it lost in the East to the Soviet Union. Poland was also recognized as being part of the Soviet 'sphere of influence' within Eastern Europe.

The Polish people had no voice in the discussions and certainly were not asked if they preferred being under Soviet influence or not. Regardless, millions of Poles were directly affected by the new borders, as the Soviet Union forced the mass migration of Poles from the formerly Polish territory in the new Soviet borderlands. It relocated many of these Poles to the lands the new Polish state had received from Germany, where the Soviet Union also expelled millions of Germans. In all, nearly six million Poles were relocated by 1949. Furthermore, despite the arbitrary nature with which these borders were drawn, they largely remain the borders of the Polish state today."

http://education-portal.com/academy/lesson/post-war-poland-soviet-occupation-social-unrest-economic-depression.html#lesson

The stuff you posted well the British,French,Prussians,Hapsburg were all expanding their territories during the period so its not exactly odd for the new world power from the east to follow suit.

Yes but not all of them succeeded in becoming world powers. And nobody will dispute that the British were once an Empire.
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Misogynist2014(m): 11:09pm On Oct 30, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Take care of the mess in the place where you live.

Don't worry about my life, I live in a civilized country. wink cool
Slave in a foreign land. Do you actually think you are better than us in this 21st century, when your mates are here making millions, you are there surfing the web, serching for pictures of slums, while your fellow women like the industrous Alakija are making billions from black gold.
People like you are still of the opinion that Africa's largest economy is lagging behind. Yes we have a lot of poor people, but if you get to where money lives, you will drop that self-loathing attitude of yours.
Some people have forgotten that our opinion on nairaland does not matter and that no one gives a 3some that you are a slave(black monkey) in a foreign land.

I still wonder the kind of work that you do in the 'civilized world' that gives you so much time to use the internet? Add an hour to Nigerian time, at 12.00, a good housewife and mother is still on internet, barking like a toothless dog, as if those in power care about her existence. angry

2 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Slave in a foreign land. Do you actually think you are better than us in this 21st century, when your mates are here making millions, you are there surfing the web, serching for pictures of slums, while your fellow women like the industrous Alakija are making billions from black gold.
People like you are still of the opinion that Africa's largest economy is lagging behind. Yes we have a lot of poor people, but if you get to where money lives, you will drop that self-loathing attitude of yours.
Some people have forgotten that our opinion on nairaland does not matter and that no one gives a 3some that you are a slave(black monkey) in a foreign land.

I still wonder the kind of work that you do in the 'civilized world' that gives you so much time to use the internet? Add an hour to Nigerian time, at 12.00, a good housewife and mother is still on internet, barking like a toothless dog, as if those in power care about her existence. angry

I don't take people like you seriously so don't even waste your time.

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Missy89(f): 11:22pm On Oct 30, 2014
GuyFawkes:

But the soviets grabbed land from Finland in the winter war (Karelia, Petsamo etc), Japan '45 (Kuril Islands) and Mongolia'44(Tuva). In fact, Truman was furious and had to pressure the Soviets to stop advancing on Japanese Island in '45. so what do we call that?. defending themselves?
and don't forget they grabbed Lviv (now part of Ukraine) from Poland '39 and russified it deported the poles there to Siberia. Their other land grabs in Poland can be overlooked because they were taking back what they lost in the treaty of Riga
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Misogynist2014(m): 11:26pm On Oct 30, 2014
lezz:

I still find it hard to believe she is married, with kids and has a job in Germany. These things are enough to weigh a woman down. I think carefreewannabe studied german in university and was taken on excussion to Germany, which she is trying to use to gain popularity. All those overseas that I know, hardly use an hour on nairaland, when there are better social networks like facebook, twitter, whatsapp, instagram, not to talk of a married woman.
She uploads pics of feminist celebs that you beg to wonder if a married woman would be concerned with such frivolities. angry Upload the pic of you wearing a carefreewannabe tee shirt with your children and husband on the streets of Germany, or a video of you singing carefreewannabe anthem on streets of Germany or I DON'T BELIEVE YOU cheesy

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 30, 2014
Lmao @ Truman being furious at the Soviets conquering enemy territories during world war 2, like all the members of the allied forces were doing the same thing everywhere - for sphere of influence. So, what happened during world war 2 was also imperialism, no? Lol

And who dropped nuclear bombs on Japan, and ended up staying in the same country till today? Lool.

Stop debating history if you don't understand context and timeline.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives / Bricklayer Wife Organizes A Birthday Party For Her Husband In Appreciation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 191
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.