Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,797 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

How The West Corrodes Our Morality - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How The West Corrodes Our Morality (81851 Views)

Who Is Better Groomed, Born In Nigeria Or Born In The West? / African Ladies And Affairs Within The West (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by crackhaus: 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I can see you suffer from memory loss.
Never mind, I will remind you at the right time.
You must have thought I was going to deny ever sending you a mail...heck, that's just disappointing.

Now what's even more disappointing and shameful is the idea that you'd want to make it seem like I've been sending mails in the dozens to you...Lmao, like seriously Carefree?

As far as my business with you on NL goes, ONLY 3 empty mails have been sent from my person to you, all of which were spaced many weeks apart...you replied none, and I even commented on one of these instances to you on a thread for all to see - I got nothing to hide.

As for alluding to your posts, darling I did it once, and not on almost every thread.
I really do not want to believe you're losing it.

So now, do you know that ELLYsian sounds a lot like you or not? Just a question...

4 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by bukatyne(f): 5:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
5minsmadness:
On lagos-ore traffic. Network is horrible.

Notice how its majority of you ladies supporting the blatant nakednes5 of this woman, probably cos y'all think am being prudish. I'm not. I'm just trying yo exercise a little common sense here.

Who in their right minds will wear a gym suit to travel? A GYM SUIT What kind of yeye liberty is that? And yes even in my village young girls with full breasts still walk about in some remote areas but that doesnt mean cococandy or efemena will now decide to go topless in the city! Haba. Let's be honest for once. I would have taken her picture but that could have been a bad idea as in invasion of her privacy. And anyway we are not talking of a sweet sixteen here, I would place her at 30-40yrs. It was more of fermented eye cheese and not eye candy that we were being 'forced' to watch.

I will not repeat theAfrican thingy because cococandy, damiso and efe has done so.

I agree with you that wearing a gym suit to travel is wierd and even a mark of illiteracy but I disagree that it is a result of western influence because they do not wear it to travel. They made it for a purpose; gyming.

I will blame it on semi-literacy. There is a dresd code for every occasion and the onus lies on us as individuals to learn the appropriate dress code per time and dress accordingly.

If I were there, I would walk up to her or pass her a note.

Indecent dressing always makes the person trashy and classless.

There is beauty and elegance in decent clothes. It also makes the wearer look fresh and respectable
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
crackhaus:

You must have thought I was going to deny ever sending you a mail...heck, that's just disappointing.

You really suffer from memory loss. You have already confessed it on NL some time ago. Why would I then think you would deny it? grin

Now what's even more disappointing and shameful is the idea that you'd want to make it seem like I've been sending mails in the dozens to you...Lmao, like seriously Carefree?

You have sent more than three emails even though I asked you not to because I have a boyfriend.
Now this is shameful.

As far as my business with you on NL goes, ONLY 3 empty mails have been sent from my person to you, all of which were spaced many weeks apart...you replied none, and I even commented on one of these instances to you on a thread for all to see - I got nothing to hide.

As for alluding to your posts, darling I did it once, and not on almost every thread. I really don't want to believe you're losing it.

You have alluded to my posts on more than one thread but it's ok.

So now, do you know that ELLYsian sounds like you or not?

Great, at least I am not the only intelligent person here. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
MissMeiya:

You are a paragon of patience.

Thank you.
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by freecocoa(f): 5:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
honeric01:

Because?
Because the nakidness is covered when you wear a clothe, it's either one's clothed or nakid.

2 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by bukatyne(f): 5:33pm On Oct 26, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Nobody has said that we should return to the times when women did not cover their b*reats.
The point being made is that it was the West that suggested that African women cover up more. Consequently, the West has not "corrupted" this aspect of the African culture in that it made women show more of their bodies.

Hypocrisy
behaviour in which somebody pretends to have moral standards or opinions that they do not actually have

http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/hypocrisy

How did anyone here, apart from the OP, pretended that they had more moral standards?

If I say that I do not want my child to expose her va*gina or br*easts, how does it mean that I pretend to have moral standards that I do not?
Am I hypocritical when I tell my child not to smoke but don't care whether some stranger does? undecided

Yes, the OP.

He claimed that Westerners corrupt African culture by making African women expose too much of their bodies when it was his culture that was more tolerant of na*kedness for a much longer period of time.

Is it wrong to dress up like this to be comfortable on a journey or maybe on the way to the gym?

I doubt this thread would exist if the lady was dressed like this. People might just laugh and forget it.

There is this stretchy transparent type I see ladies wear. It is like leggings
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Lex11(m): 5:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
"We" are not without, individually and collectively, our own moral deficiencies.

"And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." - Matthew 7:3-5

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by GoodcasHMan: 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2014
Thanks so much bro. The westerners did not spoil us but we spoil ourselves,
do they force us to wear such a thing, almost everybody has corrupted
hls/her manners, no more control, both the govt, parents, churches, mosques
and even our social sectors:- such as schools, offices and formal gatherings.
May God save us from this delima
A M E N

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by crackhaus: 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You really suffer from memory loss. You have already confessed it on NL some time ago. Why would I then think you would deny it? grin
I suffer from memory loss but I remember commenting on you not replying my mail on some thread a long time ago?

Let's leave the memory loss aside, you know my memory works fine.

You have sent more than three emails even though I asked you not to because I have a boyfriend.
Now this is shameful.
See tactics cheesy
You truly are desperate in trying to accomplish whatever you thought you could by bringing up this talk of mails...I'm ashamed for you

So sending you a mail means I want to be your boyfriend? Or did I tell you I want you to be my girlfriend? Lol, you're certifiable...
I have corresponded (and still do) via mails with a number of respectable ladies on here who have nothing to hide, none of them have ended up my girlfriend.

Please state for all to see exactly how many mails I've sent to you Miss Carefreewannabe.

You have alluded to my posts on more than one thread but it's ok.
On this issue of alluding to your posts, your mind is playing tricks on you.
I'm not a hater as there is nothing about your person/status I should be hateful on/about.

You're quite conceited though wink

Great, at least I am not the only intelligent person here. cheesy
Not like I'm hating here, but how intelligent is a person who thinks that every guy who sends her a mail on NL, wants to date her?
Or what about a person who labels me a hater but still believes I'm interested in being her boyfriend, how does this work exactly?

6 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by crackhaus: 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2014
bukatyne:

I doubt this thread would exist if the lady was dressed like this. People might just laugh and forget it.

Oh great, so someone else understood the type of gym wear the OP was referring to.

3 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by GoodcasHMan: 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2014
Thanks so much bro. The westerners did not spoil us but we spoil ourselves,
do they force us to wear such a thing, almost everybody has corrupted
hls/her manners, no more control, both the govt, parents, churches, mosques
and even our social sectors:- such as schools, offices and formal gatherings.
May God save us from this delima A M E N
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 26, 2014
crackhaus:

I suffer from memory loss but I remember commenting on you not replying my mail on a thread?

Let's leave the memory loss aside, you know my memory works fine.

See tactics cheesy
You truly are desperate in trying to accomplish whatever you thought you could by bringing up this talk of mails...I'm ashamed for you

So sending you a mail means I want to be your boyfriend? Or did I tell you I want you to be my girlfriend? Lol, you're certifiable...
I have corresponded (and still do) via mails with a number of respectable ladies on here who have nothing to hide, none of them have ended up my girlfriend.

Please state for all to see exactly how many mails I've sent to you Miss Carefreewannabe.

On this issue of alluding to your posts, your mind is playing tricks on you.
I'm not a hater as there is nothing about your person/status I should be hateful on/about.

You're quite conceited though wink

Not like I'm hating here, but how intelligent is a person who thinks that every guy who sends her a mail on NL, wants to date her?
Or what about a person who labels me a hater but still believes I'm interested in being her boyfriend, how does this work exactly?

Did I say you want to date me?

How intelligent is someone who cannot respect that a girl does not want to exchange emails with guys she doesn't know because she has a boyfriend?
And how intelligent is someone who argues in favor of gender inequality using + / - analogies? grin

Take care Cracky and continue hating in silence. wink

4 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2014
bukatyne:

Just in case you have missed it the OP thinks that it is inappropriate to wear track suits on journeys, any track suits.
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by crackhaus: 5:58pm On Oct 26, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Did I say you want to date me?

How intelligent is someone who cannot respect that a girl does not want to exchange emails with guys she doesn't know because she has a boyfriend?
And how intelligent is someone who argues in favor of gender inequality using + / - analogies? grin

Take care Cracky and continue hating in silence. wink
Ahh the gender equality thing.
Well the analogy may not have been totally perfect fit...but yeah, when there's no total equality, then it results in total inequality.
There cannot be half equality.

Now are you going to tell us exactly how many mails I've sent you?
Redeem your lying self.

3 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Googleus(m): 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
pinshur or

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by bukatyne(f): 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Just in case you have missed it the OP thinks that it is inappropriate to wear track suits on journeys, any track suits.

I think it is inappropriate too except one is going for a sport function in a group but it is not indecent.

It is however inappropriate and indecent to wear those stretchy butt track revealing types. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by bukatyne(f): 6:08pm On Oct 26, 2014
crackhaus:

Oh great, so someone else understood the type of gym wear the OP was referring to.

smiley
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by tlops(m): 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
it is the result of global warming.
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by abbey621(m): 6:36pm On Oct 26, 2014
How pathetic! Blame the west for everything yet even this very forum is a result of western innovations. Are you guys really that jobless or frustrated with your lives

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Kay17: 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
aisha2:
A woman decides to dress up and its somehow the fault of the " west" the same west that gave you phone and internet to type this epistle.

If only Africans will put their house in order instead of thinking se- x how to born and oppress others we will be too busy achieving things instead of turning out half baked theories on how bad the west is. Common malaria vaccine we cant develop we will be importing champagne, range rovers and all the latest cars from stolen money and still find a way to blame the west for our stupidity.

Please get your priorities right put your house in order and stop looking for scape goats as usual.

When do we take responsibility for our actions? Why must we always find someone or something to blame?
Please drop your western invented car and drive keke napep at least that is assembled in nigeria even though the parts are not made here.

What phones have we developed in africa again Please go and get that and use.

Shameless race we are. We will defend all sort of backwardness then still look for those developing their world and even sharing some of that development to abuse.

If not for Bill Gates an athiest for that matter Nigerians and Africans will be dropping dead from HIV TB and Malaria, the counterpart funding we are suppose to provide to substatiate what they give only 15 percent na war. Still some wicked Nigerians will go and be chopping the money donated by these same westerners and even be using it to pay " tithe".

Go and get busy invent something and leave the west alone. If you hate development abandon all these oyibo gadget, clean water and go live in a cage make we hear

Actually all that is irrelevant to the topic at hand. It is sentiment driven and therefore useless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by 5minsmadness: 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Dont misquote me. I said gym suits, not track suits. I wouldn't have created an entire thread if she were half-decently dressed.

2 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by 5minsmadness: 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2014
bukatyne:

I think it is inappropriate too except one is going for a sport function in a group but it is not indecent.

It is however inappropriate and indecent to wear those stretchy butt track revealing types. cool
It was exceedingly stretchy and exceedingly revealing.
But trust Nairaland to turn everything upsidedown.

2 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by 5minsmadness: 6:48pm On Oct 26, 2014
Interesting views from people all around. Some with good levels of understanding, others with amazingly low IQs. Oh well, que sera sera.

2 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by bukatyne(f): 6:54pm On Oct 26, 2014
5minsmadness:

It was exceedingly stretchy and exceedingly revealing.
But trust Nairaland to turn everything upsidedown.

Sorry, pele, biko...

But again lipsrsealed
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by damiso(f): 6:56pm On Oct 26, 2014
5minsmadness:

Nope. More like this but shorter i.e above knee.

Ok I get the kind if gym wear you mean now.i would not wear that travelling long distance as well. I don't even really like wearing track suits long distance maybe the occasional school run or dash to the supermarket at the most. But that is me so I can't project my fashion issues on others.I have seen mums drop off their kids at school in pyjamas (under a winter jacket grin)something I would NEVER do but then again I can kinda understand the mad rush in the mornings which might have prompted that,

Funny enough like has been noted by someone else even in the west people would look at you funny if you wear what you described on a long distance journey but hey not everyone wears occasion appropriate clothes. I think it was More a fashion faux pas.People even look down or are snobbish to people who wear hoodies or track suits all the time they are called chavs here.

I think the issue people had (myself included) was not the appropriateness or lack of it of the outfit but the fact they you likened her poor dress sense to western morals.

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2014
crackhaus:

I sent you 3 empty mails from this moniker spaced weeks apart, each one with an innocent intention - friendly gesture in getting to know the person behind your NL facade.
Care to share what you mean by 'numerous'?

I have not sent any other mails to you with any other mystery IDs...are you starting to lose what's left of your darn mind genius?

Darling I quoted you on this thread as I have done countless times before.

What exactly do you mean by alluding to your posts on almost every thread?
I only did that once during my row with that shymexx character, or is there another instance?

You must really be losing your mind, what's left of it that is.

Guy, you're increasingly sounding like a stalker.

With every new revelation.

6 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 26, 2014
Lmao. grin

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Royver(m): 7:19pm On Oct 26, 2014
Interesting thread. I think i get the Op's line of reasoning:

1. The Op saw an indecently dressed lady.

2. The Op soliloquized that if not for the rampant western ideology of:
a. "Mind your own business"
b. People who correct you are 'haters'
c. freedom of dressing, no matter how outlandish it may be
d. it is the viewer/complainer and not the indecent dresser that should be cautioned when a person appears indecently dressed(evidenced by what happened on the first few pages of this thread)

If not for the above, the lady wouldn't have had the guts to wear what she did in the first place.

3. The OP decided to air his views publicly instead.

4. What the Op was concerned about came to reality.

What is amazing me is the amount of blatant and blind support people online have for the west. I mean, why all the unnecessary anger? was the op wrong in pointing out indecent dressing? Was the op wrong in saying the West is morally more bankrupt than we are? I dont think he was.

Even westerners complain about the level of moral decadence in their society, yet some Nigerians will support them to high heavens as if they will get free visa for doing so.
It is quite different from corruption - yes it is possible Nigerians are more corrupt than the west. Yes we have our own problems of ritual killings and poor economy, religious upheavals, etc. But that doesn't mean that if we see something bad we should condone it. Correcting our ills must start from somewhere.

What is bad is bad and we should not be ashamed to speak up when we see it for fear of being labelled "18th century."

My 2cents.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 26, 2014
Anyway, can you lot get my handle off whoever posted it?

Stop putting ya business in my mentions. undecided
Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
bukatyne:

And I think it is inappropriate to wear high heels on journeys, to work and even to church but it is not my business that women decide to damage their spines to look s*exy.

1 Like

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2014
Royver:
Interesting thread. I think i get the Op's line of reasoning:

1. The Op saw an indecently dressed lady.

2. The Op soliloquized that if not for the rampant western ideology of:
a. "Mind your own business"
b. People who correct you are 'haters'
c. freedom of dressing, no matter how outlandish it may be
d. it is the viewer/complainer and not the indecent dresser that should be cautioned when a person appears indecently dressed(evidenced by what happened on the first few pages of this thread)

If not for the above, the lady wouldn't have had the guts to wear what she did in the first place.

3. The OP decided to air his views publicly instead.

4. What the Op was concerned about came to reality.

What is amazing me is the amount of blatant and blind support people online have for the west. I mean, why all the unnecessary anger? was the op wrong in pointing out indecent dressing? Was the op wrong in saying the West is morally more bankrupt than we are? I dont think he was.

Even westerners complain about the level of moral decadence in their society, yet some Nigerians will support them to high heavens as if they will get free visa for doing so.
It is quite different from corruption - yes it is possible Nigerians are more corrupt than the west. Yes we have our own problems of ritual killings and poor economy, religious upheavals, etc. But that doesn't mean that if we see something bad we should condone it. Correcting our ills must start from somewhere.

What is bad is bad and we should not be ashamed to speak up when we see it for fear of being labelled "18th century."

My 2cents.

And who gives you, me or someone else the right to tell adults what they should wear?

4 Likes

Re: How The West Corrodes Our Morality by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2014
MissMeiya:

Guy, you're increasingly sounding like a stalker.

With every new revelation.

Lol! grin

So I'm not alone in thinking "stalker". lipsrsealed

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply)

Woman Dumps Her Husband After He Lost Bank Job / Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.