Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,736 members, 7,851,533 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:42 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (63987 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:36pm On Dec 18, 2008
dayokanu:

Its easy to score against midgets from Japan. Get back to Europe to have your asses spanked bloody scummies!!!! tongue tongue

The same Europe United conquered in May?? What an irony!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 6:44pm On Dec 18, 2008
"I wont sell them a Virus" - Fergie (taking a shot at Real about Ronaldo)

grin grin grin grin

*now thats a new one*
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nyabinghi(m): 6:55pm On Dec 18, 2008
United on the march again.
LDU will fall down on sunday. Another first for United. l'arses, chavs and scousers can go to hell. Gary Neville should retire against stoke city or derby county, he has served his dues.

for the final:

van der sar, rafeal,evra,anderson,ferdinand,vidic,ronaldo,rooney,fletcher,carrick,park

4-5-1 with ronaldo pairing rooney upfront. fletcher and park on the wings
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 6:55pm On Dec 18, 2008
chamotex:

"I wont sell them a Virus" - Fergie  (taking a shot at Real about Ronaldo)

grin grin grin grin  

*now thats a new one*

Fergie has been reading the cusses/disses on this zone.
He is learning the trade. He won't sell em a VIRUS. . . . .MINT!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 7:17pm On Dec 18, 2008
Honestly, i think Rooney is fast becoming a rogue these days. Or what with the needless kick on that guy.
He barely escaped punishment for his lunge on an Aab defender. Less than a week, he wants to put himself into trouble.
SAF had better talked some sense into him.

On the whole, the match was real entertaining. No panic n any sense, though those guys were really sleeky. All the lads gave their best save for Giggs and Gary. Gary however did the best thing in a Man U shirt by clearing that ball. I had lost hope when i saw him goin for the clearance cos i expected an own goal.

Le Quito is a decided game. we should make mincemeat of them no matter the team we parade.

Whats up with Vida?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 7:28pm On Dec 18, 2008
ndumart:

On the whole, the match was real entertaining. No panic n any sense, though those guys were really sleeky. All the lads gave their best save for Giggs and Gary. Gary however did the best thing in a Manchester United shirt by clearing that ball. I had lost hope when i saw him goin for the clearance because i expected an own goal.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin me too
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:54pm On Dec 18, 2008
@ Chamotex,

The reserve team is about to face Everton now and guess what. . . . .FABIO is on the bench.
He has recovered from his shoulder injury.
Evra better step his game up. grin grin

This is what SAF said about Wes Brown and Gary Neville: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article2046556.ece

SIR ALEX FERGUSON claims Gary Neville and Wes Brown are still England's best right-backs — but their days as his first choice are over.
Neville and Brown have been left in the shadows at Manchester United this season due to the emergence of Brazilian starlet Rafael Da Silva.

And Sir Alex admits the 18-year-old has already shown he has what it takes to be a regular for years to come at Old Trafford.

The United boss said: "Gary and Wes are England's best right full-backs.

"But they have a little problem because this young boy Rafael has really taken off.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 8:02pm On Dec 18, 2008
Honestly, i think Rooney is fast becoming a rogue these days. Or what with the needless kick on that guy.
He barely escaped punishment for his lunge on an Aab defender. Less than a week, he wants to put himself into trouble.

Fast becoming a rogue or he is a certified rogue. The guy is an Agbero who gets erection on small players.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:08pm On Dec 18, 2008
ndumart:

We need the aggression. . . . .Football is a contact sport.
As long as the kicks are not cynical like Ronaldo's kick on Dawson, i am fyne with it.
Show some hunger, show some tenacity. . . .Be WAYNE ROONEY!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 8:19pm On Dec 18, 2008
Ronaldo's kick was nuthing.
Dawson didn't even complain so whatz your stress.
In ur deluded world, Ferguson who just served 2 match touchline suspension has the FA on his payroll??
The money wasted on your child development shoulda been used to buy cocoa pods.
Your nuisance value is PRICELESS

We need the aggression. . . . .Football is a contact sport.
As long as the kicks are not cynical like Ronaldo's kick on Dawson, i am fyne with it.
Show some hunger, show some tenacity. . . .Be WAYNE ROONEY!!!

These were 2 comments made by the same person within days. Talk about someone insane.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2008
~Sauron~:

@ Chamotex,

The reserve team is about to face Everton now and guess what. . . . .FABIO is on the bench.
He has recovered from his shoulder injury.
Evra better step his game up. grin grin

That good news . . . . . . . keep me in check 'bout his performance if he gets to play.

No wonder Evra's been complaining about his 4 match ban grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 8:44pm On Dec 18, 2008
United is one goal down last i switched over.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2008
Goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Manucho equalised!!!!

What a power header!!! It was so powerful the ball nearly tore the net.
I think Manucho is ready for the first team.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2008
Man City and Tottenham are being raped at the monent in the UEFA cup by Spartak Moscow and Santander
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 9:29pm On Dec 18, 2008
~Sauron~:

I think Manucho is ready for the first team.
Don't see him dislodging anybody in the attack line yet
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2008
Sauron
Manucho can't break into the regulars just yet. . .even Tevez is managing to get games. .

Wats up with Tevez's permanent deal talks. .??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 10:53pm On Dec 18, 2008
Hmm i bet we did give a good game
I hope we can bring back the trophy
The guys from Ecuador are not push overs, ask the scousers

Sauron
Whats happening in the reserves game?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 10:59pm On Dec 18, 2008
DDK
Any need for all these unnecessary bunkum?
Citeh lost and topped the group, Spurs drew and came second so what the big deal?
Oh i forgot. . . . . . you are having you evening weed session. . . . whats the latest mixture?
Ewedu and Curry leaves mixed with hemp?? tongue tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by RSA(m): 11:28am On Dec 19, 2008
Ferguson: Mandela amazes me
Thursday, December 18, 2008 (08:59)

He may have competed in one of the most passionate derbies on the planet as a player, led a team at the FIFA World Cup™ and be the most successful manager in the history of British football, but even Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted that he was shaking the first time he met Nelson Mandela.

In 1993, Manchester United were one of the first clubs to visit South Africa following the end of Apartheid and they had the opportunity to meet Mandela. The occasion obviously had a profound impact on the United manager, as he included a photo of the encounter in his autobiography, Managing My Life.

Fifteen years on from his first meeting with the former President of South Africa and the Nobel Peace Prize winner, he recalls the incident with an incredible amount of warmth.

When you're in the presence of someone so great, you do get a bit nervous. In fact, we were a bit more than nervous - we were all shaking, even me!

Sir Alex Ferguson recalls his feelings upon his first meeting with Nelson Mandela in 1993.

"It was a fantastic trip," Ferguson told FIFA.com. "We'd just won the league for the first time, so there was a buoyancy and enthusiasm around the club - and there was a buoyancy and enthusiasm around South Africa because Apartheid had ended. We got the opportunity to go to Johannesburg and play two games, one against the Kaizer Chiefs and the other against Orlando Pirates, and they were brilliant games. It was great to go out at the beginning of something special.

"The highlight for us was meeting Nelson Mandela. To be honest, we were all terrified at the prospect of meeting him. When you're in the presence of someone so great, you do get a bit nervous. In fact, we were a bit more than nervous - we were all shaking, even me! He does have a real aura about him.

"We also met him two years ago and were invited to his house and it was amazing how relaxed he was. He really seemed to be enjoying himself, which was great to see. He is a truly amazing man."

Ferguson has been a regular visitor to South Africa in the following years, and believes there has been a remarkable growth both on and off the pitch. He has witnessed improvements in transport and accommodation, as well as a rise in standards on the pitch.

"When I look back to 1993 and compare it to how it is now, there has been an awful lot of progress," he continued. "They've obviously made progress on the pitch, but the infrastructure has also improved greatly. When we were there for the first time, we played in Soweto and Ellis Park. Since then, the Soweto stadium has been completely rebuilt and they've made massive improvements to Ellis Park.

"The national team is going through a transitional phase at the moment. All of their best players at the moment are the experienced players, but national teams go in cycles, particularly for the developing football nations. Sometimes you have a good group and you might have to wait another ten years for another crop to come along. Hopefully, the experience that they'll get between now and 2010 will see them do well at the World Cup."

Ferguson was at FIFA Headquarters in Tokyo today for a meeting with the FIFA President and Secretary General, as well as Manchester United's Chief Executive David Gill. Shortly before the talks, he was presented with a South Africa jersey by Dr. Danny Jordaan, CEO of the Local Organising Committee for the forthcoming FIFA World Cup. The Scot smiled broadly as he received the gift and he was quick to give his backing to the tournament, which he thinks will be a successful one.

It will be a superb World Cup. It is a fantastic country and I love it. All of my family do and we've got a house down in St. Francis Bay.

Sir Alex Ferguson has given his unequivocal backing to South Africa 2010.

"It will be a superb World Cup - there's no doubt about that," he said. The fans are fantastic and they'll love having the tournament there. We've always been given a tremendous welcome and I'm sure everyone who travels there will experience the same. One thing that's really going to interest me is the weather. In Johannesburg and Durban it should be beautiful, but in the Cape it could be quite wet.

"It is a fantastic country and I love it. All of my family do and we've got a house down in St. Francis Bay. South Africa is a country with bags of potential. It's beautiful, the weather is great and the wines are magnificent!"

South Africa has also proved to be a lucky country for Ferguson and Manchester United. Following their first pre-season trip in 1993, the Red Devils won the league in 1994. That sequence happened again when they lifted the Premier League trophy in 2007 following a summer visit the previous year. Having been to South Africa in 2008, will history repeat itself for a third time?

"We're hoping it does," laughed Ferguson. "You do get a bit superstitious about some things and places. We said that at official receptions when we went out there this summer, but we have a big test this season because we have games to make up when we get back. But we've got the squad to cope with that."

www.psl.co.za
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 19, 2008
Sauron,
Truth is,Rooney is taking things over the top.We would have thought that he would have contained his agro after all these years,but so far he hasn't.
The best of the lot have a tendency to be edgy:Cantona and Becks for example had that mean streak early in their careeers.
But they went under Fergie's wings and became better players by shedding that fiesty side of them.
Roo can do a lot without the senseless bookings and off-ball altercations.
I was expecting UEFA to fine/ban him for that stamp against Aalborg,which was totally needless.Luckily we were let off.
Now against Gamba,he got needlessly booked.
This thing is actually getting out of hand from my point of view.He needs to grow up.
You can be aggressive without being callous on the pitch.I am getting frustrated with Roo's antics.Someone betta tell him to cut that part of his game.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 12:18pm On Dec 19, 2008
the draws onnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lyon got Barcaaaaa

Liverpool vs Real Madrid

Roma vs Arsenal

We got Mourinhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

sporting vs Bayern

Chelsea vs Juventus
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tubabie(f): 12:21pm On Dec 19, 2008
men, what a draw.
i was watching and praying hard we didnt at least get that deadlock villareal sha.
i was hoping ddk's bayern.
no wahala we will have to prepare ourselves for Morinho,s vegeance plans.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 12:24pm On Dec 19, 2008
we couldnt have gotten Villareal again
we got one of the toughest draw possible

Inter will not be pushovers but i think we are better

i actually wanted Real madrid so that CR7 can score against them
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 19, 2008
Tough draw.
The way Inter's playing,you might be tempted to fear for United.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 12:28pm On Dec 19, 2008
Inter cannot do anything to UTD
realistically, if we cant beat Inter, we have no biz in the tourney
i didnt want barca and its a prayer answered.

fire for fire, maybe only Barca will be hard. Bayern too maybe difficult cos of Ribery but Inter?
we are in the Q-finals

i think the 4 EPL teams are in Q-finals already hoping Arsenal will raise thier game
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 12:33pm On Dec 19, 2008
What a draw!! grin

Liverpool Vs Madrid, one to watch!

Return of Mourinho will be super at the theatre of dreams
! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 19, 2008
I think Inter will be a lot harder than most think.
Besides Fergie's record vs Mourinho isn't too good.
He's the X-factor here.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 12:36pm On Dec 19, 2008
Eastbay:

Tough draw.
The way Inter's playing,you might be tempted to fear for United.

Inter to beat Man Utd?? No chance.
I doubt they would even get a goal.
How can Inter beat Man Utd?? Their best player is their RB(Maicon).
Ibracadabra is useless. . . .  . . . .Vidic would pocket him and their midfield is spineless.

Can't wait to see what Ronaldo would do to his countryman(Jose Mourinho).
We have the advantage of going there first. . . .If the Scousers can beat Inter Milan 2-0 at San Siro, I see no reason why we won't get a DRAW there.
United would come back to Fort Knox and do the final damage.
We are well equipped to hurt Inter's defence.
United got the best tie in me own opinion. . . . . . .Inter Milan is a team full of OAPs.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 19, 2008
Well I would like to say that we would do well to take them seriously.They aren't top of Serie A for nothing.
Besides,to use your own argument,no two seasons are the same.Liverpool may have beaten them H&A,but that was last season.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 12:41pm On Dec 19, 2008
im ok with UTD playing Inter. The worst place to coach is Inter and when it comes to the UCL, i think they are cursed!!

playing UTD will make them sack most of their players cos the heat will be too much

we couldnt have gotten Barca cos we both came first so dat was a goof from ma part.

how i wish we got Real. we need to teach that mob a lesson or 2

go go UTD!!!

Emperoh
serie A = AC Milan
any other team from that league will be spelt by UTD
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 12:53pm On Dec 19, 2008
Man U vs Inter. Men Tough draw i must say. But lets pray Inter's CL debacle continues. Should we win this match, i see no one stopping us.
I secretly prayed fro Madrid. Now, Liverpool will simply walk over them home and away. Arsenal vs Roma is a tricky tie too close to call, same for the chelsea-juve game. Return of Ranieri.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 1:30pm On Dec 19, 2008
Inter undecided undecided undecided undecided cool

Their defence is very shaky . . . . . . . . . . The good thing is second half is at Old Trafford so we would know what we need to do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (98)

Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 / Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! / Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.