Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,851 members, 7,956,190 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:23 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (66451 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 9:25pm On Nov 16, 2008
Cristalz:

Okay, so the old threads are just locked,not deleted. Thot they were deleted.

Well. . .he compromised. . .not bad. Will still take some time getting used to seeing 1 page instead of 747 sad

I can't even get used to this schitzo.
Man Utd thread has now become one of those threads on Romance section. . . . . .
Seun and his modz can do better than this.
Rather than lock the old thread, some sections are begging to be deleted from the database.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by vicade(m): 9:34pm On Nov 16, 2008
just like i said on the Arsenal thread, this is very poor change management from seun and his people.

There should be an update, warning or a transition period. Even facebook warns its users of changes or updates before hand.
d
Whether the threads were deleted, locked or whatever should not be a subject of speculation, seun and admin were supposed to provide us with this information but they failed to.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2008
Criz
Does this look like United Bank of Nairaland?
TARGETS?? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Oga oo!!

But why would it locked?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 9:41pm On Nov 16, 2008
vicade:

just like i said on the Arsenal thread, this is very poor change management from seun and his people.

There should be an update, warning or a transition period. Even facebook warns its users of changes or updates before hand.

Whether the threads were deleted, locked or whatever should not be a subject of speculation, seun and admin were supposed to provide us with this information but they failed to.

It's distressing.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 10:04pm On Nov 16, 2008
I know he did say he was gon' delete the threads before, and we all said he shouldn't. He deleted that thread, by the way.

But just locking 'em overnight isn't impressive at all. We shoulda been informed at least. Basic leadership obligation.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2008
Something should be done to bring back the old thread. If not for anything but at least for reference purposes. 785 pages shouldnt just go like that.

And i was even made the first poster. na wa o
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 10:11pm On Nov 16, 2008
Cristalz:

I know he did say he was gon' delete the threads before, and we all said he shouldn't. He deleted that thread, by the way.

But just locking 'em overnight isn't impressive at all. We shoulda been informed at least. Basic leadership obligation.

I cannot believe all those beefs, battles, territory defending and world class disses would disappear just like that.
The information on the United thread is awesome, it has to be the best on any forum if u ignore the drivel GAYnners like Debosky, Kitaun, Loyika etc have added into it.
I think we should take the MODERAZZA to court for this.

We want our THREAD back. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 10:35pm On Nov 16, 2008
OMG!!!

So all those Saurons GOOFS have been deleted!! Now he would deny ever making those statements tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

But seriously the labours of our past contributors have been thrown to the thrashcan Dr kit, Akinalabi, Bolaoni, Cougar (Of blessed memory), How would the future generation know about the fore runners of the various threads
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 11:38pm On Nov 16, 2008
This is not even funny angry angry angry angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by phorlabee(m): 1:30am On Nov 17, 2008
BLUE is d colour!!!

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by DrDre1(m): 3:57am On Nov 17, 2008
I'm shocked. Just like that without any notice. I'm waiting to hear a logical reason though. I hope no one has a problem with the number of views, posts & pages of the thread. angry .
@ Sauron
Before we sue them, we should protest & carry placards. Let's hope they won't send mobile police to disperse us grin grin
@ Emp
Terms & conditions apply ? . Endless supply? Are you planning on giving the guy pile? grin . Anyway, until I see & digest your 'terms & conditions' well, keep the contract grin tongue
@ Febirac
You are just trying to buy what you can't pay for angry angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by docchisong: 7:50am On Nov 17, 2008
@forlabee
Do you really love to watch chelsea play? Or are you a follow follow supporter just because money found its way
into chelsea? Well, the party will soon be over, have you heard of chelseas cost cutting plans? This is just the
beginning, recession is here and we shall soon know the clubs capable of standing the test of time. Anyhow pls
be a gentleman and stop infilterating this thread, we only accomodate the lovely gentlemen and ladies in RED!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by hedges007(m): 8:28am On Nov 17, 2008
Hey ! ! !, i cant shout.
Attention Pls, if you are reading this thread, and you are not on RED or belong to the RED pls do log out.hehehe smiley
After spelling STROKE oh sorry, STOKE, i believe by now, CHEPE uhmmm na Chelsea (league table screen saver) i won talk, Riverpool sorry, Liverpool (initial gragra club) and of course ASTHMA abi na ARSENAL( league pretenders), i think they should be aware by now that, the RED SEA of Old trafford will soon drown all stubborn foes within and outside the premier league.
TO ALL MU GUYS IN THE HOUSE
We dey come up, while others must descend either at AP rate or GP rate (eg, Arsenal).
It could just be more than Treble this time, i hope so.
RED DEVILS (Esu Pupa) FOR LIFE.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by hedges007(m): 9:27am On Nov 17, 2008
@ Sillyboy
When, if that is true, I'm sure Stamford bridge will as well ask you to sell pure water for buyers and spectators too. Go sidon , SILLY GOAT
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by owendman: 11:40am On Nov 17, 2008
u guys are making noise,b/cus man united are been given preferential treatment when it comes to premier league.they will never play 2 matches with out getting penalty on 1.when they are playing with u,referees will ignore their fouls on u.But that club CHELSEA is great,they play ,they struggle in short they have killer instinct on them.Blues 4 LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 12:08pm On Nov 17, 2008
owendman:

u guys are making noise,b/cus man united are been given preferential treatment when it comes to premier league.they will never play 2 matches with out getting penalty on 1.when they are playing with u,referees will ignore their fouls on u.But that club CHELSEA is great,they play ,they struggle in short they have killer instinct on them.Blues 4 LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Kids shouldnt be allowed to come here.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by fivefinger(m): 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2008
hi,
all FOOTBALL fans do you know you can make between $30 -$300 while supporting your favourite team MAN U,CHELSEA,LIVERPOOL,ARSENAL,
yes you can, for an introduction on how this system works send an email to this email address [email]favourteam@gmail.com[/email] or you call send your email address to this number 07037983616
and i will send you the info.
up ALL FOOTBALL CLUB. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by umeandworl(m): 2:45pm On Nov 17, 2008
Manutd are destined for greatness, no matter what anyone thinks. We'll ever be Forever United!

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by UNLEASHED(m): 5:03pm On Nov 17, 2008
owendman:

I thought you read the subject
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by kaydkay(m): 5:08pm On Nov 17, 2008
All of a sudden Man Utd Fans are begining to get dr voices back after 13 games just becos they beat a 2nd rated team (stokes) 5 nill. Do U guys know how many teams we've beaten 5 nill home and away ds season?

I find it  so very funny cos that last time I checked the table u guys were 8 points off the pace in third position just 3 points ahead of Hull City and though u kip shouting that there is a game @ hand BUT who told u dat u are going to win dat match (Fulham are no pushovers ds season).

I pity u guys cos u r all living in a FOOLS PARADISE and d earlier u wake up to reality the better.

32 POINTS, +28 GOALS DIFFERENCE - GUESS WHO? UR WORST NIGHTMARE
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 5:14pm On Nov 17, 2008
All of a sudden Man Utd Fans are begining to get dr voices back after 13 games just because they beat a 2nd rated team (stokes) 5 nill. Do U guys know how many teams we've beaten 5 nill home and away ds season?

I find it so very funny because that last time I checked the table u guys were 8 points off the pace in third position just 3 points ahead of Hull City and though u kip shouting that there is a game @ hand BUT who told u that u are going to win that match (Fulham are no pushovers ds season).

I pity u guys because u r all living in a FOOLS PARADISE and d earlier u wake up to reality the better.

32 POINTS, +28 GOALS DIFFERENCE - GUESS WHO? UR WORST NIGHTMARE

U guys just started watching football when Maureen came or what?
pls remind me when ur team suddenly turns UTD nemesis

The stat says we are the undisputed EPL champions n 3 time european champions

can somebody tell this plonker he should be talking to the likes of Aston Villa n not Man UTD.
we can only allow Liverpool fans to make that kind of post. Not u barren people
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by kaydkay(m): 5:28pm On Nov 17, 2008
tkb417:

U guys just started watching football when Maureen came or what?
please remind me when ur team suddenly turns UTD nemesis

The stat says we are the undisputed EPL champions n 3 time european champions

can somebody tell this plonker he should be talking to the likes of Aston Villa n not Man UTD.
we can only allow Liverpool fans to make that kind of post. Not u barren people

@tbk417

Just a typical live in a fools paradise Man Utd fan. Who ever won a competition by reeling off the number of tropies he/she has won in the past? Ur answer is as good as mine.

Stop living in the past and wake up to face reality that the league is out of ur reach ds season even with just 13 matches gone. Am sure Alex Ferguson would have wished he didn't call a certain Club just "BUUNCH of OLD LEGS" at the beginning of this season. Guess dose OLD LEGS will be his nightmare this season cos those OLD LEGS will after 38 matches be the champions of England.

Top of the Table, 32pts, +28 Goals Difference!!! And More Still To Come!! Better recognize.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 5:37pm On Nov 17, 2008
Jeez!!!
Gawd Tkb where are all these sentinels emanating from?
People who started watching football yesterday!!!!!
And when did Chelsea suddenly become a power broker in football?
With 2 EPL titles, i FA cup and 3 Milk Cups?
What a meagre shelf to contend with Champions!!!!
Man you are insulting us and we don't take it likely.
When the powers that be in football stand Chelsea doesn't come near.
Money cannot buy shit. The cash crunch will sooner than later put you guys in ya position.

Buncha scallywags!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by kaydkay(m): 5:47pm On Nov 17, 2008
Emperoh:

Jeez!!!
Gawd Tkb where are all these sentinels emanating from?
People who started watching football yesterday!!!!!
And when did Chelsea suddenly become a power broker in football?
With 2 EPL titles, i FA cup and 3 Milk Cups?
What a meagre shelf to contend with Champions!!!!
Man you are insulting us and we don't take it likely.
When the powers that be in football stand Chelsea doesn't come near.
Money cannot buy shit. The cash crunch will sooner than later put you guys in ya position.

Buncha scallywags!

@Emperoh link

Another Live in the d Past Man Utd Fan!!

Lyon won d French Ligue Title for the VERY first time 8yrs ago and since then they've won it 8 consecutive times and currently on top.

Man Utd in the past 3 seasons has outspent all the other teams in the league so tell me who is now trying to buy the title?

Face Up to d fact that u guys are not up to it ds season. U better watch ur back cos even dat 3rd spot is not guranteed 4 u guys - Aston Villa and Hull City are coming for u guys.

Sure u will wish u were backing ds team: 32pts, +28 goals difference and still counting! Guess Who?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2008
kaydkay:

Man Utd in the past 3 seasons has outspent all the other teams in the league so tell me who is now trying to buy the title

Quit smoking woolies.
Chelsea are still the biggest spenders in the league.

Wage Bill------Last season

Chelsea(£132.8 million)
Man Utd(£92.3 million)
Arsenal(£89.7 million)
Liverpool(£77.6 million)
Newcastle(£62.4 million)

Wage Bill---------penultimate season

Chelsea(£114 million)
Man Utd(£89.4 million)
Arsenal(£82.9 million)
Liverpool(£68.9 million)
Newcastle(£52.2 million)

As u can see, Chelsea have outspent their title rivals in the last 2 seasons WITHOUT a league title.
This is the Man Utd thread, check your facts before typing ur twaddle here or u risk being bashed.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 7:01pm On Nov 17, 2008
I think Kaydchav might be referring to transfer fees when it comes to 'outspending' and not wage bills.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:05pm On Nov 17, 2008
debosky:

I think Kaydchav might be referring to transfer fees when it comes to 'outspending' and not wage bills.

Ballack was a free transfer but he earns £131k per week.
Who is paying for it?? Bayern Munich??
The single most important factor is the player wage bill. . . . . .Transfer fee is a farce e.g Arsenal!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 7:08pm On Nov 17, 2008
Wages are a good measure, but combining with transfer spending gives an even better estimate of who's spending what.

Methinks combining wages and transfer spending will show MU is the greatest spender right now.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:50pm On Nov 17, 2008
debosky:

Wages are a good measure, but combining with transfer spending gives an even better estimate of who's spending what.

Methinks combining wages and transfer spending will show MU is the greatest spender right now.

Are u considering the fact that some players get sold too??
Calculating the amount spent on new players without considering players sold does not really tell the story.
Besides, Chelsea are not very good at making loads of money when selling their players.
In the last 3 seasons Kaydkay was talking about, we sold Mikel(£16 million), Rossi(£6.6 million), Ruud(£13 million), Heinze(£8 million), Alan Smith(£6 million)
and loadz of players in the reserves/academies to lower leagues.
Therefore, the player wage bill is the only good measure of telling how much clubs have spent.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 7:59pm On Nov 17, 2008
Are u considering the fact that some players get sold too??
Calculating the amount spent on new players without considering players sold does not really tell the story.
Besides, Chelsea are not very good at making loads of money when selling their players.
In the last 3 seasons Kaydkay was talking about, we sold Mikel(£16 million), Rossi(£6.6 million), Ruud(£13 million), Heinze(£8 million), Alan Smith(£6 million)
and loadz of players in the reserves/academies to lower leagues.
Therefore, the player wage bill is the only good measure of telling how much clubs have spent.
grin grin grin u so funny
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:03pm On Nov 17, 2008
tkb417:

grin grin grin u so funny

It's true. . . . .
We bought Mikel for £4million and sold the self-servicer for £16 million to the Chavs. grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by smurf(f): 8:04pm On Nov 17, 2008
Go manchester!!!!!!!!!!! kiss Great fan kiss kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (98)

Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! / Strictly Chelsea Talk: / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 2) On 1st May 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.