Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,446 members, 7,846,850 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 03:56 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (63834 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 1:39pm On Dec 19, 2008
MAUREEEN RETURNS grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 2:09pm On Dec 19, 2008
The antecedents continue.

The defending champions crashes out in the second round.

And Mourinho has been given the honour of sending the defending champs home.

UEFA why didnt you give us Assanal or Chelsea sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 2:11pm On Dec 19, 2008
put ur money on this
2k dolls each
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nyabinghi(m): 2:20pm On Dec 19, 2008
@eastbay,

Inter with Ronaldo da Lima, Zamorano at all lost to United on the way to the champs league triumph of 1999, this current inter squad won't pose much problems to United, United on a good day should do them in and out, back and front. Only AC has a record over United. I sense another triumph in this season's champs league. Man u 4 Inter 2 Aggregate
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:22pm On Dec 19, 2008
dayokanu:

U said the same thing last season and United walked through Italian teams without conceding a goal.
This spastic animal also said the same thing about Ballon d'Or and u were forced to lap up your vomit with ur tail between ur legs.
Why should we take u serious?? Hell. . . . .what gives u the gall to even analyse footie when all ur predictions have a way of stinging ur ass??

Move over, dork!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 5:30pm On Dec 19, 2008
Save for Ac Milan and Juve, then Roma to a little extent, all other teams in the serie are a bunch of crap as far as am concerned. Inter on present form is better than the aforementioned teams. that accounts for why they are on top of their league. Inter on a good day cant beat any of the EPL's big four.

Though the JM factor may want to come to play but i feel over the two legs, we will triumph. Once Ibra is marked out, they are bereft of ideas. Maicon is one of their best players and he will know too well not to relinquish his defensive duties knowing fully well that Ron is on the prowl.

It gonna be a cracker.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 6:15pm On Dec 19, 2008
ndumart:

Though the JM factor may want to come to play but i feel over the two legs, we will triumph. Once Ibra is marked out, they are bereft of ideas. Maicon is one of their best players and he will know too well not to relinquish his defensive duties knowing fully well that Ron is on the prowl.

I trust Ferguson to permanently STATION Ronaldo to deal with Maicon.
That was how we were able to neutralise Michael Essien's threat in Moscow.
Maicon would worry more about defending than attacking. . . . . .He knows what would happen should he lose the ball and United counter-attack.

It going to be a cracker

If we can break Giggsy's legs by then, i agree it would be a cracker.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 6:26pm On Dec 19, 2008
~Sauron~:

If we can break Giggsy's legs by then, i agree it would be a cracker.
Funny.
SAF knows too well to play Giggs on that day. If he plays then am sure the italians will break his legs themselves.

Giggs and Gary are a NO-NO.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 7:57pm On Dec 19, 2008
Y'all will play Giggs, Gazza and O'Shea against Inter grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 9:06pm On Dec 19, 2008
Debo bite your tongue tongue grin

No Giggs, no Gary, no O'Shea, and definitely no KitKat. . .Amen!! Fergie should know he has got to win both, or at least a draw away and a win at home.

Defense has got to be air-tight,else it won't be funny trying to come up from behind. One thing Mourinho's got on his side is lots of experienced players. . .our own experienced players are getting shittier by the day grin Except Scholes.

Has to be the traditional 4-4-2 for this. We'll need to play to our strengths. Why isn't February next week? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 9:11pm On Dec 19, 2008
cris,

DO you know the present form of Crespo, Figo and Vieira? These guys are no longer the icons you used to know they are more like Giggs and Garry Neville nowadays
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 9:28pm On Dec 19, 2008
Well that's great news. I just don't want to get too confident iz all, neither do I want my fellow Mancs to grin

Its still Mourinho, and its still Inter Milan, Serie A champs. Anything drastic can happen.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 9:43pm On Dec 19, 2008
I wonder where Jackal is.

He was slating Mourinho as a failure last season.

It would be more than ironic if he is responsible
for denying Fergie once more
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by HNIC(m): 10:04pm On Dec 19, 2008
dayokanu:

Why does this stuff happen?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 10:04pm On Dec 19, 2008
Inter is not a strong team in Europe.

This season alone they have struggled against Werder Bremen, Lost to Panathinaikos and struggled with Anathosis Famagusta ( Sounds like a disease).
Maybe Mouthrinho would be able to inspire them winning the Serie A wont make Mourinho a success because mancini did that a lot of times . Winning the CL is the target for Mourinho and this is the game I would be waiting for for him to prove he is a good coach.

Winning with Porto might be adduced to luck because everything went wrong in the CL that year unusual teams made the semis no Power house made the semi(Monaco, Deportivo, Chelsea and porto)

With Chelsea he was not able to win the CL with all the resources he had and Grant even performed better.

Now if he should lose this time it would just prove he is a fluke!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 10:22pm On Dec 19, 2008
dayokanu:

This season alone they have struggled against Werder Bremen, Lost to Panathinaikos and struggled with Anathosis Famagusta ( Sounds like a disease).
Maybe Mouthrinho would be able to inspire them winning the Serie A wont make Mourinho a success because mancini did that a lot of times . Winning the CL is the target for Mourinho and this is the game I would be waiting for for him to prove he is a good coach.

Winning with Porto might be adduced to luck because everything went wrong in the CL that year unusual teams made the semis no Power house made the semi(Monaco, Deportivo, Chelsea and porto)

With Chelsea he was not able to win the CL with all the resources he had and Grant even performed better.

Maybe that would be enough to shut his tramp
We need to gag him

But i don't wanna get too confident just as Cris has said
This kinda ties are down to who is better off but what tactics and techniques will do
Then and then, the Mourinho factor. More like an unfinished business with Fergie
Can february come tonite??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 10:25pm On Dec 19, 2008
Platini's draw.  

Like WWE some of these things are pre-arranged to satisfy certain ends. United/Inter. Roma/Arsenal.Juve/Chelsea. Plain luck right? You wish.

Too early to make ANY meaningful(nay realistic comments). But these are mouth watering clashes, add Pool/Madrid.

Like Bola Ige I will siddon look for now grin sad

WAN UNITED cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by rikkyjen(m): 10:27pm On Dec 19, 2008
dayokanu:

Everything went wrong that year and I would never forget the disallowed Scholesy's goal by that Yeye linesman and that Refree who swas suffering from a ruptured Cornea that day grin.

I know i have always talked about this game on NL like crazy, that shows how much i still feel the brunt of that game. If not for that disallowed goal, United woulda been to the final, this is not even about arguement in hindsight, its an incontrovertible fact!

@ All United fans.

Inter has been sub-par, but its a tempoary blip/form, this game is not until February so a lot could change, we all know the Lippy one knows how to galvanize his team!

Besides our form at the San-Siro has been awful. What about the fear of JM, SAF's nightmare?

I'm not even going to spin a web or bloviate!, JM has SAF's number well well! grin. The young gunslinger JM don cancel SAF out on important head-to-head games!, he's so much owned SAF that SAF might have to dust his Gaffing textbooks when its time to play any JM team.  grin grin

So, could it be a deja-vu? I hope not oooo. Taking the game to JM with a 3 prong attack  should be ideal template of beating the Lippy one. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 10:43pm On Dec 19, 2008
That's why I'm preaching against this confidence thingy.

Mourinho understands Fergie wella. Nearly everything about SAF's style of play is well known to him, and proof of that is the arrogant man having the upper hand in past games.

So Inter being in a less than okay form now shouldn't be a major factor here,honestly. Mourinho will still show some slinky slimy skill grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 11:08pm On Dec 19, 2008
and to think he is an advocate of negative footie makes it all the more frustrating angry angry angry angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 11:20pm On Dec 19, 2008
doyin13:

I wonder where Jackal is.

He was slating Mourinho as a failure last season.

It would be more than ironic if he is responsible
for denying Fergie once more

Of course, Mourinho was a failure last season when he abandoned Chelsea. . . . . . .
He ran away cos he knew he was going to lose to Man Utd at Old Trafford.
Since then, what has he done at Inter?? Winning the Scudetto is no longer seen as an achievement in Inter.
They have won it THRICE in a row now so if Jose wins it, what has he changed?? How has he been better than Mancini??
Jose must deliver the Champions League for Inter to be considered a special one. . . . .anything below that would be catastrophic!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dyabman(m): 8:57am On Dec 20, 2008
Yea a real Catastrophy

But MOURINHO ALL THE WAY!!! tongue grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 9:25pm On Dec 20, 2008
who know the time of our game morrow.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2008
Its at 10.30 GMT. That's 11.30am Nigerian time.

SuperSport 3 will show it.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2008
Mourinho has revealed his most feared player in Manchester United when he called upon UEFA to deny Wayne Rooney the opportunity of playing in the Last 16 championsleague match draw.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 10:10am On Dec 21, 2008
Holla,

Today, it is up Arsenal for me. I may not be an Arsenal fan in others games but today should Arsenal win; it will not only mean beating the top three teams. It is going to reduce the gap between Liverpool , Chelsea, Manchester United, Aston Villa and Arsenal.

Which means an opportunity for Manchester United to drift closer to the top when we play against Stoke City on Boxing day.

I can't wait.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by vinisky: 11:41am On Dec 21, 2008
anyone here watching this match?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 11:44am On Dec 21, 2008
My eyes are glued to the TV
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 11:50am On Dec 21, 2008
Nice play man United, nice stop from keeper.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 11:52am On Dec 21, 2008
It is looking good.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2008
nazzyon:

It is looking good.
Yeah dude but we need to open the scoring now to get more before the end of this half.
Their golie is doing enough to stop the ball going in.

I trust ma bois sha'

Another stop from the keeper.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by vinisky: 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2008
damn!!!park ji sung really missed that one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (98)

Jay Jay Okocha Vs Ronaldino: Who Is The Better Dribbler? / Liverpool Vs Manchester City: Community Shield (1(4) - (5) 1) On 4th Aug. 2019 / Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.