Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,078 members, 7,852,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:23 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (64015 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2009
@tubabie

It was almost like a training session for United. . .apart from the wasted chances, I hope we go on like this and bag the trophy!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 7:41pm On Jan 04, 2009
Didnt see the game but I heard it was a stroll in the pack. Glad we
avoided a replay.

Spurs next. . . but for now, the buisness of the premiership is our
priority.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 05, 2009
Hey,
Forgotten about the Carling Cup?We've got Derby on Wednesday
Though I don't really care about that trophy.So I'm not too bothered
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 9:05am On Jan 05, 2009
Where is TKB,

He probably fainted shagging some $2 hookers all over the state of Texas.

WHy is Man Utd synonymous with whoring? Players, Fans and coach all are perverts!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 10:16am On Jan 05, 2009
@ Eastbay,

Forget carling jo. Welbeck should captain the team on the
day.

@ dayokanu,

Leave him alone o. make he chop life. You want to bore him
with Bayern gist abi?

If I manage get Yankee visa one day, you think say I go branch
your side come talk Bundesliga? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 3:42pm On Jan 05, 2009
shocked shocked shocked
where is everybody?

Happpyyyy New year to all ma people here. its so good to be alive this beautiful year and it really feels so good being a manc, not some dejected gaynners and the likes. . . .

i hope this year will be just like 2008 that we were crowned domestic, european and the world champions. Not forgetting our boi winning the most coveted trophy in europe!
There are some milestones to be covered this beautiful year. (now till may 2009)
~win our outstanding games at home
~win all our home games
~ beat mourinho 'blue-black' both home and abroad
~win the carling and FA cup

im sure if all these happen, then we'll be crowned both domestic and european champions once again.
To all the real mancs in the house, J-k, Akinalabi, Sauron, Cristalz, emperoh, tubabie, chamotex, darefestus, presido1, manu4life, coded, nyabinghi, ndumart, eastbay, smurf, moonstone and others i cant remember, its gonna be a real good year for us
so fasten ur seat belt and lets do it like we do

to all the haterz, ema run down ni grin grin

Where is TKB,

He probably fainted shagging some $2 hookers all over the state of Texas.

WHy is Man Utd synonymous with whoring? Players, Fans and coach all are perverts!!!
wetin? na u be ma papa ni?
wo, this na new year o, dont even go there. . . i dont have time for sme sme this year
go open bayern thread abeg, bloody nuisance
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 6:03pm On Jan 05, 2009
manu4laif:

Guys,
I think these fixture thing must have been looked at by all clubs before the season starts.

If we had no complaints then we can't be doing so now. We can't be doing what the Lip excelled in while he was here.

WAN UNITED

ALEX FERGUSON has accused the Premier League of fixing the fixture list against Manchester United.

His claim comes after a first half to the campaign in which United played all the eight teams who finished directly below them last season away from home.

The Reds are seven points off top spot but have two games in hand.

And Fergie, 67, said: “Our fixture programme didn’t do us any favours.

“We’ve been handicapped by the Premier League in the fixture list.

“They tell me it’s not planned. Bloody hell!”

Ferguson was asked if he really believed the Premier League would set out to hamper United.

He replied: “I’ve got my doubts. I’m not saying what they do down there but we will send somebody next year to see how it happens.”

Ferguson’s astonishing claims have stunned the Premier League.

A Premier League spokesman said:
“Our fixtures are put together through as random a process as possible. The overriding factor is the luck of the draw.”
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 6:20pm On Jan 05, 2009
TKB sweery, welcome back ooooo *have a big hug* grin

Nearly everyone disappeared for the hols. . .good to see the clan re-converging again. Don't mind DK jo, he's been so lonely without us Mancs. We're the reason he doesn't find the land boring after all grin

@Sauron

Fergie has a point, but I think it's rather late for this accusation now. We're halfway into the season already. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 6:30pm On Jan 05, 2009
Tkb, Sauron, Criz, Emperoh, Darefestus and all United Faithfuls. I wish u guys a wonderful new year. May all ur plans for the new year come top fruition.

Also wishing our darling teama year better than 2008.

One luv
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2009
ndumart, good to have you back.  .  .your calm presence here has been missed.

Happy new year to you too.Hope you have a beautiful one.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 6:46pm On Jan 05, 2009
New year, same shyte in scumtwat land - when will referees stop cheating for MU?

Fake penalty, fake sending off, next thing they will start physically shifting goal posts to enable MU score. I don't expect more from a club of mendacious crimson tinted recidivists. tongue

PS - That's my way of saying Happy New Year Scumtwats grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 05, 2009
@debosky,

Fake penalty?With his hands way up in the sky like he was bird-hunting (i.e. the Southampton player)
Fake red-card?With his lunge showing his studs dangerously.

Come on.
You didn't see us pass Southampton to death,before the card and penalty,abi?

Men,open ya eyes,this is 0-9.
Don't let this decade pass you by and you still feeling so bitter that your club hasn't won anything.United were ALWAYS going to win that game EASILY.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nyabinghi(m): 7:01pm On Jan 05, 2009
Debosky,

U mean u were sleeping when the guy showed his studs up, he nearly killed the poor boy. Stop ur delusion, this is 2009. The penalty was well deserved, were they playing soccer or rugby.
United deserved the victory, where is manucho
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 7:39pm On Jan 05, 2009
Cristalz
how u dey sweetie wink
hope ure gud?

mancs
why bother answering Debosky? if that wasnt a penalty, then their can never be a penalty kick during a game.
what the heck was his hand doing up? was that not the reason Ronaldo got sent off in a game? what about Scholes?
now its our turn, suddenly it becomes ojoro

the guy needs some aspirin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2009
Sharap!!!! cheats and the senile gay.

if you read the aricle

And Fergie, 67, said: “Our fixture programme didn’t do us any favours.

“We’ve been handicapped by the Premier League in the fixture list.

“They tell me it’s not planned. Bloody hell!”

why do you think the age was included? I presume to tell readers what to expect from a 67 year old gay suffering from Alzheimer disease and chewing his own cud.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 05, 2009
Dayo,
Happy new year.
Abeg start the year without name calling.At least make this week finish before you start insulting us.
Remember you once had an old coach (Hitzfeld).Even though he's 60,he looks older than Fergie.

PS:Why does this thread resemble the romance thread so much?! (SIGH!!! )
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 10:15pm On Jan 05, 2009
Man Utd is synonymous with whoring.

The best player was caught pants down sleeping with prostitutes with another player.
The manger is a senile gay

And the fans are something else. Go and check chamotex, Sharon and tkb on the romance boards Bloody Ashawos!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by DrDre1(m): 10:42pm On Jan 05, 2009
Happy New Year to all the real MAN UTD Fans out there.
Wishing you all a more successful year smiley cheesy wink
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 10:51pm On Jan 05, 2009
@Eastbay

Exchanging new year pleasantries makes this thread resemble a Romance thread? undecided Na wa. Melt the ice dude, melt the ice. Underneath the yabs,fights and grouchiness we're still one.

@DK

Guess all of Bayern's players are saintly virgins tongue
How does whatever Chamotex, Sauron and Tkb get into on Romance affect the Premiership/Bundesliga?? grin Get a life Nazi and quit monitoring Mancs' biznizz.

Have to start a thread for you soon and pay some fans to keep it alive cheesy grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 12:56am On Jan 06, 2009
***sighs****

@ All Mancs,

Happy new year brethren. . . . . 2008 was great.
Letz hope 2009 would be greater by winning everything in sight. grin grin
We must not let the Dippers(Scousers) win their 19th league title. . . . . .

Oh well. . . . .I thunk we would be having some intelligent debates for a change in the new year.
But now it appears that the knuckle-headed troglodytes have woken up after nights spent terrorising their household to indulge in their prepubescent atavistic name-calling. I guess old habits die hard. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 06, 2009
Criz,
I saw hugs you gave to tkb (lucky punk!)
Smooth words to ndumart.
and none for me.
Isn't that enough to conclude it's the romance section?
Dayo,why na?
Try to be nice to us,no need spreading hate about.
We're still school-mates,ya know.Some of us still like you,in spite of your bile.
Men,change, or else, !
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 11:28am On Jan 06, 2009
na wa o
good news+bad news
Tevez warning about leaving sad sad

Do they want that guy to leave and go for another out and out striker? only SAF can solve this riddle
that guy should be made to stay na

the good one is that Giggs want to retire grin grin grin
bye bye, we'll organise a testimonial in Lagos sef

but wait o, the guy is UTDs most decorated player in history embarassed embarassed
the guy has done superbly well. Hes a icon that can never be forgotten
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 2:42pm On Jan 06, 2009
[center]http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=607132&sec=transfers&cc=3888[/center]

Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez has risked the wrath of Sir Alex Ferguson by reacting to the manager's comments regarding his contract situation.

Tevez, 24, has revealed his disappointment at speculation that he had rejected a new offer from the Premier League champions, and reiterated his desire for his future to be sorted.

''I didn't like him (Ferguson) saying I didn't like the offer I was made because neither my agent nor me were given one,'' the Argentina international, whose deal runs out in the summer, told Radio del Plata.

''I don't know anything on my future. United know what they must pay if they want me to stay. I want to stay but the club have not made any offer. I've been waiting for them for a year and a half.''

The ongoing saga has prompted reports that Tevez, who joined United from West Ham in 2007, is a target of Real Madrid, and the forward added: ''If I have to quit the club, I want to quit on good terms.''

''Now all clubs are on an equal footing. If a club comes to me and offers me a five-year deal, I will accept it for peace of mind. I will sign my last contract, and then I figure that I'll go back to Boca (Juniors.) That could be in four or five years.''

''I want everybody to know no offer has been made. I don't like that they are playing with our fans, who show their love to me in each match.''

sad sad
Can't Fergie work this out? I would really hate for Tev to leave. . .everybody knows the man has been a sturdy rock for United. So what if he dipped in form, doesn't everybody?

There has got to be a way satisfactory rotation can be done to ensure he gets more games, afterall it's not like Berba shines in every game. If we bench Berba a few times will the world end?
The thought of Tev leaving is just so sad.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dani1luv: 2:50pm On Jan 06, 2009
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=607132&sec=transfers&cc=3888

Manchester United striker Carlos Tevez has risked the wrath of Sir Alex Ferguson by reacting to the manager's comments regarding his contract situation.

Tevez, 24, has revealed his disappointment at speculation that he had rejected a new offer from the Premier League champions, and reiterated his desire for his future to be sorted.

''I didn't like him (Ferguson) saying I didn't like the offer I was made because neither my agent nor me were given one,'' the Argentina international, whose deal runs out in the summer, told Radio del Plata.

''I don't know anything on my future. United know what they must pay if they want me to stay. I want to stay but the club have not made any offer. I've been waiting for them for a year and a half.''

The ongoing saga has prompted reports that Tevez, who joined United from West Ham in 2007, is a target of Real Madrid, and the forward added: ''If I have to quit the club, I want to quit on good terms.''

''Now all clubs are on an equal footing. If a club comes to me and offers me a five-year deal, I will accept it for peace of mind. I will sign my last contract, and then I figure that I'll go back to Boca (Juniors.) That could be in four or five years.''

''I want everybody to know no offer has been made. I don't like that they are playing with our fans, who show their love to me in each match.''

sad sad

Can't Fergie work this out? I would really hate for Tev to leave. . .everybody knows the man has been a sturdy rock for United. So what if he dipped in form, doesn't everybody?

There has got to be a way satisfactory rotation can be done to ensure he gets more games, afterall it's not like Berba shines in every game. If we bench Berba a few times will the world end?
The thought of Tev leaving is just so sad.

awwww? ? ?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 2:55pm On Jan 06, 2009
@ Cristalz,

This was what Apache said on the 2nd of January:

"I am not preoccupied about my future," Tevez told the Daily Mail.

"My instincts are to stay with the club and in the next week or so I think there will be more contact with regards to sorting out my contract.
That is what we've been told.

"My agent is in touch with United all the time and he tells me that everything is very positive now. So it is up to the club.

"Other clubs have asked about me but I see my future at United."

One thing i hate about players doing interviews with foreign languages is the TRANSLATION.
Tevez gave the interview in Spanish which gets translated into English and the media would add their bits to sell.

Why would Tevez leave world champions to play in Real Madrid(who may not qualify for UEFA champions league next season).
Man City?? They might relegate.

Tevez's contract would be sorted out. Man Utd don't want to buy Berbatov and Tevez in the same financial year.
After March 31, Apache would be offered a new contract(most likely).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 3:03pm On Jan 06, 2009
they shouldnt let him go. sad
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dani1luv: 3:29pm On Jan 06, 2009
they shouldnt let him go. sad

that his intention
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2009
@ Sharon

This is not a matter of interpretation - The words of Tevez are unambiguous. Players always tell the truth in their home press interviews. The ones usually given in the English media are stage managed by clubs or agents who don't want to rock the boat. When they get home, they speak their minds without holding back.

Tevez is saying the truth - almost two years with no contract, why stay? This is not about buying Tevez and Berba in the same year. If Fergie valued Tevez so much, what stopped him from offering a contract before last March? Instead he chased after Berba like a Hot dude chasing after his first bit of crumpet after being in jail. grin

Tevez is very clear - he will sign a 5 year contract then go back to Boca. All clubs are on an equal footing and he will go elsewhere if MU doesn't value him. While Ronaldo and co are given huge pay rises and new contracts, Tevez is ignored and now benched for Berba? For a player who can go anywhere in the world, it is unacceptable.

He is not O'Shea or Brown who can only join lower clubs if they leave MU. Tevez has the world at his feet - if MU fail to realise that and screw around with him, he will leave. You may be able to keep Carrick and Hargo happy because one of them will always be injured, but you can't keep Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo and Berba all happy at this level - they are too big to be bit players. Something has to give and it will be Tevez. Y'all can use Manucho to replace him, he'll be content to be on the bench for most games. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2009
@ Debosky,

He would stay but he has to be patient. . . . . .Man Utd is feeling the credit crunch like other football clubs.
The account has to balance and mind u, Ronaldo's contract hasn't been improved. Fergie categorically told him he won't get 150K per week.
We cannot lump two 30 milla strikers in the same financial year when we have loans/debts to service etc etc.
After the current financial year, i am confident Tevez's deal would be tied up.

Of course, in pecking order. . . . . . .Berbatov has to start. . . .The duel is between Tevez and Rooney.
We all know Rooney forms a better partnership with Ronaldo more than any player in Man Utd so Tevez has to be on the bench.
It's sad but what can Fergie do when he has got bare talents in his kitty.
If he keeps Berba on the bench then the purpose of squandering 30 milla on him in the first place woulda been defeated.

Dude, get urself a copy of Football Manager and learn management skills.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 5:29pm On Jan 06, 2009
tkb417:

na wa o
good news+bad news
Tevez warning about leaving sad sad

Do they want that guy to leave and go for another out and out striker?

Which out-and-out striker? Fergie already said the Serbian boys are the only buys for the remainder of the season. If Tev leaves I doubt that we'll be seeing any replacement anytime soon.
Besides, if a huge amount of money is spent on another classy striker, rotation will be hell. Berba will revert to his erstwhile sulk state and announce he wants to walk cheesy grin Honestly Tev is too valuable to let loose just like that.  .  .Fergie had better do something positive.

@Eastbay

Lol. Tkb is my big bro grin I didn't know he was back,was surprised and glad to see him hence the hug. And I actually missed ndumart's sensible,calm way of analyzing.  .  .where is the romance? grin

I already mentioned I was glad to see you back on the thread smiley

debosky:

You may be able to keep Carrick and Hargo happy because one of them will always be injured, .

LOL. Go wash your mouth out with soap grin

@Sauron

Tev's issue is just that Fergie hasn't said anything promising about his contract. If Fergie had said ''stay put Carlos, we'll pay your fee once things settle'' I'm sure he wouldn't have seen any need to go baring his heart to interviewers.

But from the look of things United is keeping him in limbo kind of. No forward, no backward. The guy doesn't want to remain uncertain about his future, who does? All he wants is for Fergie to tell him where he (Tev) stands. Tevez would love to stay but if Fergie doesn't want to pay his fee he'll walk. The guy knows his worth. If Fergie will pay but not right now, then the man should say so and put Tev's mind at rest.

Really, why should Fergie stall over this? It's not fair to Tev.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 06, 2009
Debosky,
I tire for you sha.
But I think you're right.

It's bad that someone of Tevez's stature is getting benched,now this contract saga.I personally don't see why he hasn't been offered a valid contract till now.I don't really see any reason for that.
I think Fergie doesn't think he matches the 32-35 million pound valuation.

Sauron,
When a player speaks out like this,I think we should try to listen to what he is saying.
To me,it's not about translation.The issue,long before the interview has been United's reluctance to sign him on permanently.

His tone has changed from not wanting to leave United to jumping at Real if they come calling.

The problem with this whole wahala is that it introduces instability mid-season.Fergie will not let that reference to Real in the last interview he did slide.
I personally won't want to see him go.I'd like us to keep him.He's been quite handy for us.I just pray it's the translator's devil as you say it is.Because it's going to be stormy when he gets back.We don't need this right now.Just like a discontent Drogba is making Chelsea so unstable.
Criz,
No hug for me?
It's still the romance thread!!!I didn't see your greeting oh!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 5:45pm On Jan 06, 2009
Eastbay

Hugs don't come easy.  .  . grin You didn't see my greeting? Hmm. . .I'll re-greet then grin

You're right about the instability thing, but I doubt that it will affect the performance of the team. Definitely Fergie will not be pleased when Tev comes back though.
But who can blame the dude? It's quite obvious Fergie is re-evaluating just how important Tev is to the team. I hope he has a long, positive discussion with Tev when he returns and tell him something calming.  .  .just don't want Tev to leave.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (98)

Manchester United Fan Thread! We Are The Red Devils! / Manchester United Vs Sevilla :UCL (1 - 2) On 13th March 2018 / Arsenal Vs Chelsea: Community Shield (4 - 1) penalties On 6th August 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.