Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,325 members, 7,954,313 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:31 PM

FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide - Nairaland / General (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide (45780 Views)

FG To Take Over Expansion Of Lagos- Badagry Express Way / FG To Cancel Fixed Electricity Charge – BPE / FG To Purchase New Aircraft At Low Interest Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by drololaaof: 7:38pm On Oct 27, 2014
The ban good,but what is the alternative measure? It is the political class that destroy the life of the youth through empowerment buying motorcycle instead of encouraging them to learn artisan jobs like carpentry, plumbing, mechanics etc.road crashes will be greatly reduced.the excesses of the riders will be curtailed they don't obey traffic rules and regulations
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by newspapers: 9:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
I was arguing on this same post on http://www.divanaija.com.ng/nationwide-ban-okada-goodluck-jonathan/ and my argument were... If Okada got Ban nationwide, what will the masses be using to shuttle the town because there are no evidence the Federal Government will create alternative mode of transportation.
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by chiboy429(m): 10:11pm On Oct 27, 2014
stinggy:
As much as I believe okadas should be banned, my fear is 'We are not there yet'. No alternatives for now. I think there should be reliable loan scheme(at all levels of government) for youths to acquire cheap taxis so as to support livelihood since jobs aren't forthcoming, we can introduce tricycles as they are safer, but more importantly, roads should be fixed.

And this is how I think this will go:

After the ban on Okada riders, a means that gives about 1.2 million people job, this FG will then provide three 48-sitter buses to each state, after this, GEJ will go on air to announce to the world that he has given 2.5 million people job...
And that's what they call 'Fresh Air'

The question now is how do you practicalise or make the means you did mention a feasibility as a realiseable goal as a case study ,your idea is pretty cool no skepticism but then it is not enough to put down theoritical axioms . The area am so spetacular about is the means you talked about , how do we create this means . I think this is where the ideas is most needed .

please your ideas / suggestions are important ,dont see it as a medium to denigrate you, thanks
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by Strongfaze(m): 10:10am On Oct 28, 2014
Aha, you all think its easy to fight the government! When the government said helmet, very few complied, some even began to use buckets, while others said they can not hear when a potential passenger shouts okada or you dey go? Honestly, everyone with keke as an alternative will tell you that we now record very low accidents. *Kaduna state has a policy of just one person on a bike! Which means it is not for commercial purpose.
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by ghost1718(m): 10:17am On Oct 28, 2014
that latter when them won use ban okadas GO commit suicide for them hand
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by Raphvizzy(m): 4:33pm On Oct 29, 2014
now dey want to ban OKada Nationwide ...I laff in Chinese. do they know wat its like for those without cars, how we gt to work early without a car. do they know how many plp would go jobless am not talking about the okada riders now that feed their family and mk a lively hood from running around transporting the masses from one place to another am talking about the people who sells the parts of okada. I'm from nnewi and we have a market full of OKada spare parts that's wat we are known for our own means of lively hood or do they forget they would be putting us out of business too and all other OKada spare parts nationwide oh oh talk about the engineers on the street that would go out of business..hmmm real trouble dey sleep

1 Like

Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by iaatmguy(m): 10:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

What is this one saying?
Do you know how many people that park their cars at home and enter bike because of bad roads?
now u contradict urself
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by Ilovenigeria(f): 12:22am On Nov 01, 2014
iaatmguy:
now u contradict urself
Contradict how?
Re: FG To Ban Commercial Motorcycles Nationwide by SenatorJames(m): 6:33am On Nov 01, 2014
Teacher: Define Democracy
Student: Of which country?
Teacher: Nigeria
Student: A government of the people, by the people, against the people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Train Kills LASU Final Year Student And Unilag Phd Student (photo) / The Python I Killed In Agbor / Young Men Turn Gutter Into Swimming Pool (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.