Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,984 members, 7,835,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Are We All Going To Hell For Not Keeping Saturday Holy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are We All Going To Hell For Not Keeping Saturday Holy? (1908 Views)

We Are All Going To Hell / A Deeper Life Woman End Up In Hell For Using A Rubber Thread / Christians: Please Will A Person Go To Hell For Remarrying After A Divorce? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We All Going To Hell For Not Keeping Saturday Holy? by highyo: 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
Jesus is the word of God that became a flesh and dwell among us, trough Jesus
everything’s was created, both things before the Testaments, things in the old
testaments, and things in New testaments for without him, nothing was created.
The same God who is the God of the New testament, is same God of the Old
testament, who also warned that whosoever remove a word from his Word, Both
Old testaments and New testaments, his name shall be remove from the book of
life.(Rev 22:19)
The same bible has warned us from the genesis of the world to keep the Sabbath
holy and which is the seventh day not to do any kind of work, but today, Saturday is
a day of party, merry, marriage, markets etc. Sabbath day as recorded in the word
of God is a day God killed a Man for picking up a wood, but in our own Generation,
it’s a day of Environmental, Farm and many hard work.
The Question is, are we all going to hell for disobeying the word of God of not
keeping Sabbath Holy? As for me, I’m not going to hell,

Many of us believe Sabbath was shift to Sunday by our leaders, many don’t even
know maybe it’s Saturday or Sunday, many new born-again has shift back to the
Law of Moses for the fear of going to hell, Many do not know if they are sinning
against God by not keeping it holy or Not, after all if God himself could keep this
day, such that he refuse to cook for Israel on Sabbath (Manna) then the day must
be important, so are we all sinning by not keeping it Holy? Well again, I’m not going
to hell for not keeping Saturday.
Keeping Sunday or Saturday Holy
I want you all to know that the death and resurrection of our lord Jesus Christ gave
birth to what we know as Christianity, we are no longer under the law of Moses, the
Jews keep the Law of Moses, and they all keep the Sabbath holy, but Christians
don’t keep it Holy but chose to keep Sunday instead, I want you to keep the fact
that Jesus is the only way to eternal life and He is the God of Christians, (Followers
of Christ) and without Jesus no one can get to heaven, but the Jews don’t believe in
Jesus.

FACTS THAT CHRISTIANS MEET ON SUNDAY
The resurrection of our Lord Jesus start what is known as Christians, because if
Jesus has not resurrected, there will be nothing like Christians, so the day our Lord
Jesus resurrected from the grave was on Sunday, and this day was regarded as the
Lord’s day Rev 1:10.
The Followers of Christ gather together on Sunday to worship the Lord, and also a
day they collect offering for the needy
1Cor16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as
God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
Here Paul was instructing the church in Corinth as he also Instructed the churches in
Galatia that whenever they come together on Sunday, they should also collect
offering for the poor, so that it will be easier for him when he come, although only
few church still keep this instruction, and only that alone, you have taken away
from the word f God.
So this is first prove that the early Christians meet together on Sunday.
If Paul is in heaven for keeping Sunday Holy, I’m going to heaven too
Also another prove that the early Christians too meet on Sunday is the fact that
they come together upon the first day of the week (Sunday) to break bread (Act
20:7) why? Because this day is the day of the Lord
Also, the same Lord’s Day (Sunday) was the day The Lord Jesus gave the church
message about the things to come in the last day, which was sent to us trough
John,
I do not mention the 7 churches in Asia, because they do not exist anymore, but we
are the churches he’s referring to because we all have ears to hear (Rev2:7)
Finally, God deserve the first not the Last
The above has explained the fact that Christians meet on Sunday, because we were
all given birth to on Sunday because Sunday is the Lord’s Day.
Does that mean only Sunday should be kept Holy? As a Christians, Everyday should
be kept Holy and not Sunday alone, for we must be Holy as our Heavenly father is
Holy all the time (Lev19:2), and without our holiness, no one can inherit the
kingdom of God,
But Sunday must be kept aside for the Lord and the Lord only. Because Sabbath is
no more kept by Christians, does not give us the go ahead to do whatsoever we
desire on Sunday. Sunday the special day of the Lord and should be kept Holy,
believe it or Not, I will tell you the truth and the fact, not keeping Sunday holy for
the Lord can cost you your salvation, many are fun of doing their transaction in the
name of we are in time of grace, God deserve every respect, Sunday should never
be a day we run our normal business,
If Sunday is the Holy day of the Lord, and you go ahead to do your normal
Business, then you are sinning against the Lord. (Neh10:31) If the people of the
land bring ware or any victuals on the Sabbath day to sell, that we would not buy it
of them on the Sabbath, or on any HOLY day of the Lord.

Many people are so stingy that after the church service, they will go back to their
market to continue their business, many will even bring their products to the church
to sell, and many will not even go to church because of their business.
Many too will rush home because their club is playing football on Sunday while
many will not even go to Church because their country is playing football match,
why are you disrespecting God because we are in time of Grace?

Sunday should not be a day we go and buy and Sell
Sunday should not be a day to go to supermarket
Sunday should not be a day to go to our offices
Sunday should not be a day of Party and Merry
Sunday should not be a day to have fun with your family, I.e taking them to beach,
Theater house, Stadium, gaming house, Shoprite etc
Sunday should not be a day you should do your farm Work

Sunday should not be a day to call laborer to work for you
All you just do, go to church, praise and thank God with your family worship him for
all he has being doing for you, take care of your family cook for your family and
have a nice time with your family in your house, help the poor, do good on Sunday,
so that God himself will be please with you, not a day you should be visiting friend
up and down, instead sit at home and read your bible
Late T.O Obadare also gave this instruction before he passed away, he himself knew
the importance of the Lord ’s Day and how dangerous it is not to keep it holy such
that one day he gave an order to chase away people that are selling out of their
shops. God deserve more respect, you have not being keeping it Holy before, but
God has overlooked everything you have done, now is commanding everyone to
repent. KEEP SUNDAY HOLY FOR THE LORD

2 Likes

Re: Are We All Going To Hell For Not Keeping Saturday Holy? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
Ok. Didn't your bible say "and on Saturday God rested"? I was made in His image so on saturdays I rest.
Re: Are We All Going To Hell For Not Keeping Saturday Holy? by michaelwestern(m): 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
*[[Col 2:16]] KJV* Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days.

1 Like

Re: Are We All Going To Hell For Not Keeping Saturday Holy? by lomprico(m): 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2014
highyo:

I want you all to know that the death and resurrection of our lord Jesus Christ gave
birth to what we know as Christianity, we are no longer under the law of Moses, the
Jews keep the Law of Moses
, and they all keep the Sabbath holy, but Christians
don’t keep it Holy but chose to keep Sunday instead, I want you to keep the fact
that Jesus is the only way to eternal life and He is the God of Christians, (Followers
of Christ) and without Jesus no one can get to heaven, but the Jews don’t believe in
Jesus.

why is it that you people sing a different tune when the issue of tithing comes up? (referring to the bolded)
Re: Are We All Going To Hell For Not Keeping Saturday Holy? by dein77(m): 6:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
There's nothing wrong or right about keeping the Sabbath. A thorough study of Romans 15 will clear this up. Keeping or not keeping the Sabbath has NO eternal consequences whatsoever.

Whatever day you worship God matters not anything. Worshipping Him in spirit and truth is what matters.
Re: Are We All Going To Hell For Not Keeping Saturday Holy? by DOD1: 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2014
@ op u said nothing must b removd from d book yet u claim dat a new dispensation has abolished d old one dat states dat rest should b observed on saturdays meaning dat d 1st law has technically been removd. So u see, any knowledge dat contradicts itself as a whole can not b regarded as d truth.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Daughter Goes To Deeper Life Church / The Ark Of The Covenant Is In Ethiopia! / Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.