Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet (30393 Views)

Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Daughter's White Wedding Today (Photos) / Traditional Wedding Of Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Child (Photos) / Bishop Mike Okonkwo’s Daughter To Wed (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Kuns: 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2008
If you want to make quick money, religion is the way.

Didn't the bible say it is easier for a camel in enter the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the kingdom of God ,  so why are these pastors ,  sooo ,  after this money.

I'm sure these pastor have many poor folks living on the same street.

Do you think this pastor will give you a lift if he see's you walking to church on sunday morning.

They worship the God of this world which is the American dollar bill ,  and when you lQQk at the back of the dollar $$$ bill it says in "God we trust". This God they are talking about here is the $$$$$$$ bill.

Because if you don't have $$$$$$$ (Dollar/God) you are in S***, but when you got $$$$$ (Dollar/ God$$$) everybody is your friend. You will hear people say "Yes Sir". Oyinbo men, and indian will be your friend we they see Dollar (God).
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by bami1(m): 1:30pm On Dec 22, 2008
pope 1:

Have you never read that Jesus rode on a Donkey no man has ever rode? That to me didn't sound like a "Toks". They didn't have Hummer jeep that time. I'm sure he'll have use it. The Guards had to cast lot on His designer cloth. For your infor, He ate the Lord supper in a Pent hou[/b]se. Didn't run away because of [b]tax. He could pay for himself and the Disciple with him. He was sleeping on a pillow while others were struggle with the wind. Even the dead body was buried in a[b] new tomb [/b] in a flower garden. Do you by chance know the cost of the perfume Mary spared on him?

Every good pastor has a good example in Jesus Christ my friend just mentioned.

Mr Pope lets see what you wrote here:

-----so you mean Jesus would have told His disciples to go and pick a new hummer jeep from car dealers, why didn't he request for a horse, or a chariot(i think this is more similar to the hummer you wrote about) similar to the one used by Ceasar in his day rather than picking a donkey?

-----does the fact that they casted lots on His clothes mean they were designers?? *why on earth do we reason like this*

----what if He ate the last supper in a "pent house" like you or someone else might have put it, where did he eat the ones before that?

-----where did the disciple get the tax money from?

----I DONT GET YOUR PILLOW TALK,

------did Jesus ask to be buried in that tomb or arrange for Mary to come poor perfume on his feet?

be very careful how you interprete stuff POPE
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Kuns: 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2008
When are people going to realize (see with their real eyes) that these pastor are in it for the $$$$$$$$.

No one can die for your sin, you will all find that out when you're dead.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 1:55pm On Dec 22, 2008
spikedcylinder:

What are you guys talking about? He intends to use it to spread the word to the ends of the earth! tongue
In that case i guess it would be in order for me to start requesting for donations from christian brethen so that i can but a private jet as well, i need it to spread the gospel to the ends o the earth. I would be very much oblidge if you can make donations to my Yahoo Bank account number 0123419419
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by princekevo(m): 2:12pm On Dec 22, 2008
spikedcylinder:

What are you guys talking about? He intends to use it to spread the word to the ends of the earth! tongue

Please the westerners that brought christainity to us even to the most remoted part of africa, how many private jets they owed. spreading the world of God has been an excuse for their luxerious life.Its seems many of us dosnt understand wht it cost to own and maintain a private Jet. As such there is no justification of a pastor using the church money to buy a private jet in the name of spreading the word of God.Lets be realistic, i still remember the dust raise on media and mases when obj as a president proposed for a president jet. Now pastors are justified to own a private jet.Na waoooh Nigeria and religion
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by KunleOshob(m): 2:47pm On Dec 22, 2008
pope 1:

When Pastors buy good cars, private jet and the likes network news carries it. Nobody talks when a Banker or their mates in Oil and Gas buys anything good. They are equally doing a very good job like all this other people making it big in their own chosen field. Why can't a Man of God be the Richest man in the World? He work for God and I'm sure nobody can pay like HIM. Pastors ENJOY!

The answer to the highlighted ill conceived, twisted, abusive, unscriptural and manipulative post above can be found in the following passage which condenmsthose who see religion as a way to becoming rich;

1 Timothy 6:3-6:
3But if anyone teaches otherwise and does not assent to the sound and wholesome messages of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) and the teaching which is in agreement with godliness (piety toward God), 4He is puffed up with pride and stupefied with conceit, [although he is] woefully ignorant. He has a morbid fondness for controversy and disputes and strife about words, which result in (produce) envy and jealousy, quarrels and dissension, abuse and insults and slander, and base suspicions,
5And protracted wrangling and wearing discussion and perpetual friction among men who are corrupted in mind and bereft of the truth, who imagine that godliness or righteousness is a source of profit [a moneymaking business, a means of livelihood]. From such withdraw.
6[And it is, indeed, a source of immense profit, for] godliness accompanied with contentment (that contentment which is a sense of [d]inward sufficiency) is great and abundant gain.

Clearly from the above passage it states that making money through the church is very wrong and christians should desists from such. All these excuses they are making "using it ti spread the gospel" is just a cover up for their real vain, selfish and greedy intentions. Apostle paul, the most prolific apostle in the bible that was responding for spreading the gospel to several countries at that time refused to depend on church memebers for his up keep, instead he kept his Job while spreading the gospel and i am quite certain he did a far better more effective Job than those con artist globe trotting with private jets today.

2 Thessalonians 3:6-10:
6 And now, dear brothers and sisters, we give you this command in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ: Stay away from all believers who live idle lives and don’t follow the tradition they received from us. 7 For you know that you ought to imitate us. We were not idle when we were with you. 8 We never accepted food from anyone without paying for it. We worked hard day and night so we would not be a burden to any of you. 9 We certainly had the right to ask you to feed us, but we wanted to give you an example to follow. 10 Even while we were with you, we gave you this command: “Those unwilling to work will not get to eat.”

These chop chop pastors would never ever refer you to the above passage cos this is a clear instruction to church leaders not tobe lazy and dependent on the church members. They are clearly instructed here to keep their Jobs so as not to be a burden to others. But today the revrse is the case.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by spikedcylinder: 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2008
KunleOshob:

In that case i guessit would be in order for me to start requesting for donations from christian brethen so that i can but a private jet as well, i need it to spread the gospel to the ends o the earth. I would be very much oblidge if you can make donations to my Yahoo Bank account number 0123419419

Anyone can do it.
Your oratory skills just have to be top notch and you need to be able to cram bible verses and give them whatever interpretation you deem fit. That in hand, you are good to go! cheesy
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by pope11: 7:48am On Dec 23, 2008
1. Those Jesus ( if you believe in him) by any means show us/ live a lifestyle of poverty?

2. What is the SOUND and WHOLESOME messeges of Christ?

3. Those that LABOUR in word and doctrine are worthy of how may honour?

4 Is a labourer not worthy of his wages?

5. The heavens belong to God but the Earth has he given to the sons of men. Can you fathom that?

6. What those Paul mean when he said thou shall not muzzles the horse that tread the corn?
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 23, 2008
pope 1:

1. Those Jesus ( if you believe in him) by any means show us/ live a lifestyle of poverty?

2. What is the SOUND and WHOLESOME messeges of Christ?

3. Those that LABOUR in word and doctrine are worthy of how may honour?

4 Is a labourer not worthy of his wages?

5. The heavens belong to God but the Earth has he given to the sons of men. Can you fathom that?

6. What those Paul mean when he said thou shall not muzzles the horse that tread the corn?

what the?
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by spikedcylinder: 1:25pm On Dec 24, 2008
Martian:

what the?

LOL! Just the right reaction. cheesy
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by alexys(f): 10:06pm On Jan 28, 2009
e ku se o my fellow bloggers cum bible students!!!!
if u read the bible as much as u portray, u will find where it says "judge not so that ye will not be judged"
if they are false prophets duping people & using their money for material benefits, God will not "siddon look" because that same bible we all read says "vengeance is mine saith the Lord, i will repay" it also says that Judgement will start from the house of God so please let God fight his battle o!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by anonimi: 10:12am On Jan 29, 2009
alexys:

e ku se o my fellow bloggers cum bible students!!!!
if u read the bible as much as u portray, u will find where it says "judge not so that ye will not be judged"
if they are false prophets duping people & using their money for material benefits, God will not "siddon look" because that same bible we all read says "vengeance is mine saith the Lord, i will repay" it also says that Judgement will start from the house of God so please let God fight his battle o!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should grab your Bible and read the whole of Matthew 7 where the judge not is in the first verse. When you read it fully in context you realise that we are being called upon to uphold the good standards [/b]that [b]we are expected to judge others on!
Let me know what you think after reading the whole chapter 7.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by faithful1: 12:27pm On Jan 31, 2009
Dear beloved: I just want to say Brother Mike Okonkwo has not and does not (for now or in the new futher) intend to buy a private jet. the most import on the agenda is finishing the HQ church. remember that he that points one finger at another has four pointing at him.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by GEEman1: 3:27pm On Apr 14, 2009
Guys, you all need to understand that the world has changed and is becoming more and more sophistigated than 2000 yrs ago. most of these men of God actually have such a tight schedule that sometimes having a personal jet becomes a neccessity than a luxury. after all most corperate biz men at very top level in civilised wolrd cant do with it. if a man of God sees a jet as a necessity and not luxury, why question. if you run a corperation of 1m people, would not try to make your life easier? becareful while judge, cos u may be very sincere but very wrong! change ur thinking and change ur world views
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by realpastor: 5:45pm On Apr 14, 2009
How true is this allegation?is there any proof?pls i am realy interest to know.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by landwin: 12:54am On Apr 15, 2009
Vanity upon Vanity,God come down and give an Instant Judgement on people who save wealth and material thing in your name.Amen angry angry
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Viable(m): 2:07pm On Apr 15, 2009
God bless countries like china and United States, for providing stimulus packages for their people, during this present time of global economic melt down.

Sorry for Nigeria Governments, from the Federal to the local Govenments. While other countries are making provision like Tax refund for their citizenry, ours are doubling their efforts in revenue drive, demolishing houses, building mega city and sending okada riders out of town.

Unfortunately, the so called spiritual leaders who are suposed to emulate HUMBLE JESUS,are engaged in the private jet race, now, i mean now! that means that sympaty for the followers is missing from both the politicians and religious leaders alike.

Well, i reserve my comment. to God be the glory. If the motive is for the futherance of the gospel, goodlock, but if it is to show that i have arrived, i hand everything over to God.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by keyremotes(m): 10:13pm On Apr 23, 2009
faithful1:

Dear beloved: I just want to say Brother Mike Okonkwo has not and does not (for now or in the new futher) intend to buy a private jet. the most import on the agenda is finishing the HQ church. remember that he that points one finger at another has four pointing at him.
I suggest everyone that has contributed to this post should relfect on the post by faithful1.

The major task for TREM right now is the completion of their HQ building.

I agree with this sister. And by the way if this was true it would not be hidden.

THIS IS ANOTHER BIG LIE.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Gee007(m): 9:06pm On May 25, 2009
The Kingdom of GOD is marching forward. I'd like all who are making silly remarks about Bishop buying a private Jet to shut their big mouth up. Why is it that when God's general's are promoted and blessed, the empty vessels criticise them. Do you not know that this represents the goodness and advancement of GOD's people. The kingdom message will be preached in the farthest of nations,like Saudi Arabia,Iraq, THESE ARE THE DAYS THAT THE KINGDOM OF GOD WILL BREAK EVERY SATANIC RESISTANCE. Senators,governors,and so called presidents steal money from the nations economy everyday and they cannot account for it,neither are they responsible and accountable for the position of governance.
PLEASE RESPECT SPIRITUAL AUTHORITY,THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FOR THE BELIEVERS. BISHOP GO-AHEAD,WE ARE BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by REALTRUTH1: 2:28am On May 26, 2009
Gee007:

The Kingdom of GOD is marching forward. I'd like all who are making silly remarks about Bishop buying a private Jet to shut their big mouth up. Why is it that when God's general's are promoted and blessed, the empty vessels criticise them. Do you not know that this represents the goodness and advancement of GOD's people. [b]The kingdom message will be preached in the farthest of nations,like Saudi Arabia,Iraq, THESE ARE THE DAYS THAT THE KINGDOM OF GOD WILL BREAK EVERY SATANIC RESISTANCE. Senators,governors,and so called presidents steal money from the nations economy everyday and they cannot account for it,neither are they responsible and accountable for the position of governance.[/b]PLEASE RESPECT SPIRITUAL AUTHORITY,THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE ARE FOR THE BELIEVERS. BISHOP GO-AHEAD,WE ARE BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY.
Has the kingdom message been able to break the satanic hold or grip on the Nigerian soil b4 thinking of export it,,,look at ur choice of insulting words yet you talk about God's general,,,I am yet 2 see a God general in Nigeria,,,may be one or two,,,Kumuyi and Bakare,,The PFN and CAN are a major problem why Nigeria is what it is 2day,,The gospel of our dear Jesus has been made to be a merchandised item,,how we qualify spiritual promotion with material wealth,,so if politicians who steal public money buys jet,,does it make our pastors to compete with criminals to prove a point that they pastors exist,,,Warren Buffet is the richest man in this world,,he has a lot of companies,,and one of such companies manufactures Jet and airplane,,,Do you know this man does not own a private jet to himself?do you also know he lives in about 5 bedroom apartment in the last 40years?Do you know he does'n have a driver who drives him around,,no security details,,he drives himself in his car??,,,Many of Nigerian pastors needs to listen to him speak about life and they would at that point rededicate there lives to God and the true gospel of Jesus,,I will rather listen to Warren Buffet than any of these pastors,,these pastors in most cases are just like entertainers who equates themselves with Nollywood,Hollywood and political jobbers,,,Some pastors actually needs to quit been pastors,,,
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Tudor3(m): 3:00am On May 26, 2009
Did i hear you say bakare?
Isn't he the crazy loudmouth prophesying bullshit abt the death of OBJ. Its ten years after and OBJ is still alive. . .
God's general my arse!
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by shinystar(m): 11:06am On May 26, 2009
Guys, you all baffle me. What does a preacher need a private jet for? Some of you were saying it is a modern world, so we should forget God timeless advice to be modest and simple? I see you are all sucked in and taken by the rot in the church. It's a shame and a pain.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Nosa77(m): 1:58pm On May 26, 2009
i agree, the Bible never endorses extravagance but instead humility and simplicty
we should store up our treasures in heaven for that is where our reward is (~Matthew 6:21)
even Jesus said when you go to a feast, take the lowest position so that God can raise you up, because he who humbles himself will be exalted
all this flaboyance from our pastors is too much and not accord with genuine christianity
we all need forgiveness for this,
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Ganjaseed: 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2009
Purchasing a private Jet as a church is the most folish thing one will ever do, I have my reasons behind this. The church will spend more money to keep that Jet flying, think about the Pilot and the crew members, these guys will be paid salary because no pilot will fly you for free. Think of the insurance and tax every month. Think of the aviation fuel to run the engine, maitainers and other ownership obligations.

This will only make the house of the Lord poor and the innocent members of the church milked dry to keep the Jet moving. Come to think of it, where does he want to fly the jet to? that Jet cannot go to the interior villages where the gospel have never been heard because there is no airport where the plane will land. If he says to other countries, there are many flights going to those countries on commercial purpose and it is cheaper than having a private Jet.

The truth is that THESE GUYS ARE FAR FROM GOD
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by Marlbron: 8:51pm On Jun 12, 2009
Sometimes a private jet is cheaper if you travel first class with a sizeable ewntourage, it is cheaper by private jet
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by nenegirl: 1:42pm On Jun 16, 2009
All this religious jargon is making me confused, sick and fed up with these pastors, today they condemn those pastors who give, making people believe they are false, tomorrow, they go and acquire jets for themselves and their families while their members are starving spiritually, their youths are not going to school, their widows are moving around other churches for help to feed their children. It is so pathetic. I thank God that as a youth, i am now in school, my days of woe are over. Thank God my widowed mother took the initiative to get help, rather than listening to their warnings about other churches which they call preaching.
Instead of emulating these other pastors, they prefer to condemn them out of envy and jealousy because they never started this philantropic attitude first.
This is why the bible says we should leave God to judge everyone.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by tboyjnr(m): 1:58pm On Jun 16, 2009
I'm sure this is false,
nawaho,
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by odedele: 3:18pm On Jun 29, 2009
@Davidyland.the catholic owns the vatican bank the riches in the world yet the pope did not see the need to fly a private jet but flies alitalia.In the end time pple will b lovers of pleasure than lover of God so d bible says.i pity dose dat call them their pastor.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by kolaoloye(m): 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2009
May the good Lord have mercy on our people who judged without exhibit.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by nologtin: 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2009
U mean a jet could cost that much and a minister of the gospel will have one. Jesus!! May God help us.
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by ourland(m): 9:16pm On Aug 10, 2009
God knows those who belong to Him!
I am not a judge but, Anyways it all
begins in genesis!
See here for details
http://www.josephbabalola.org
Re: Bishop Mike Okonkwo Acquires Private Jet by 9ja4eva: 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2009
Did this man ever Pastor @ UCC church in Kano?

Wow NIGERIANS!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Let's Study The Bible Daily And Finish It In One Year! / I Need Help For A Spiritual Problem Of Over Three Years. / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.