Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,358 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? (1516 Views)

Why She Does Not Deserve That Bride Price / Embarrassment Of The Highest Order In My Life / Which Land In Nigeria Collect The Highest Bride Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? by Princecalm(m): 6:02pm On Oct 27, 2014
Benue where i hail from the highest i witnessed was 250 thousand naira.
Re: What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? by Candybob(m): 6:10pm On Oct 27, 2014
Never witnessed any bride price oh cheesy
Na free of charge we dey marry here for lagos. Just give am belle... marriage don start!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? by Tallesty1(m): 6:11pm On Oct 27, 2014
For what?
Re: What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? by YungwizzzyPt7: 6:18pm On Oct 27, 2014
N60m
Re: What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 27, 2014
Candybob:
Never witnessed any bride price oh cheesy
Na free of charge we dey marry here for lagos. Just give am belle... marriage don start!
hw many you don put belle ?
Re: What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? by Epathra(f): 7:29pm On Oct 27, 2014
Section A : UMUADA (ALL KINDRED DAUGHTERS)
•   Wrappers and Blouses– (George/Hollandis/Nigerian Wax)
•   Jewelry – (Gold plated earings, necklaces)
•   Head ties and Shoes (Different types and colours)
•   Hand bags and wrist watches (Different types and colours)
•   Toiletries (Body creams, bathing soaps, washing detergents, etc.)
•   Beverages and food items
•   Cash gift (lump sum) –Ogwe ego
•   Drinks (Malt & Minerals)

Section B: NMANYA UKWU (BIG WINE) – KINSMEN (UMUNNA) The items in this category will be shared amongst the heads of the extended family of the bride to be.
•   Bottles of Seaman’s Schnapps (millennium brand)
•   Kolanuts
•   Gallons of Palmwine
•   Cartons of Beer, Malt and Mineral drinks
•   Heads of Tobacco with potash
•   Rolls of cigarettes
•   1 goat
•   Cash gift (Lump sum) – Ego Umu’Nna

Section C: N’MEPE UZO (OPENING OF GATE) – GENERAL
•   30 tubers of Yam
•   2 bags of Rice
•   2 bags of Salt
•   2 cartons of Star Beer
•   2 cartons of Guinness Stout
•   2 cartons of Maltina
•   6 crates of Minerals
•   3 bottles of Seaman’s Schnapps (millennium brand)
•   30 bulbs of onions
•   1 gallon of red Palm oil (10 -25 litres)
•   1 gallon of Groundnut oil (25 litres)
•   A basin of Okporoko (Stockfish)
•   2 pieces of Goat leg (Ukwu Anu ewu)
•   25 loaves of Bread
•   1 carton of Tin Tomatoes
•   1 carton of Tin Milk
•   1 carton of Tablet soap
•   20 Pieces of Morning Rose powder
•   1 gallon of Kerosene
•   20 heads of Tobacco
•   10 packets of cigarettes
•   5 pieces of George/Hollandis/Nigerian Wax
•   3 pieces of Umbrella
•   1 Big Box (Apati)
•   2 Big Basins
•   2 pieces of Igbo Blouse
•   2 pieces of Headties
•   Gold necklaces and Wrist watches (minimum of 2 pieces)
•   1 piece of Lantern/Lamp
•   “Ikpo Onu Aku Nwayi” (Bride price) – Negotiable

Other cash gifts that may be demanded during the course of the ceremony
“Ego nfotu ite” (cash to bring down symbolic cooking pot) – ₦ 1,000
“Ncha kishi udu” (Toasting of wine) – ₦ 1,000
“Ego Ogo cherem” (money for the inlaws) – ₦ 50,000
“Ego maternity” (money for future maternity) – ₦ 1,000
“Ego Onye Eze” (money for village chief) – ₦ 1,500
“Ogwe Ego” (lump sum) – ₦ 2000

Please do the maths OP.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? by zoeee(f): 7:30pm On Oct 27, 2014
10 million... They bargained it down to 8.5m...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? by DWJOBScom(m): 7:41pm On Oct 27, 2014
N20,000 and that was 1998

The fellow was shocked!!!!
Re: What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? by mumumugu(m): 10:25pm On Oct 27, 2014
Laptop
Re: What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? by 01karma(m): 11:43pm On Oct 27, 2014
15naira! Am not lieing, the bride was an imbe'cile, what really happen was that the groom was caught when he was about to take advantage of her imbeci'leness ( was a rape case ).

so the villagers took it upon them self and force the groom into marriage with her. Report had it that the bride price was paid by the bride's father who was extremly happy about at the trun of event. When contacted by our correspodent, the bride's father was quoted as saying '' it was indeed a great day for me and my family and i think that how God want it''. A shout was heard from the background '' na lie oo. Na conspiracy theory oo i no wan marry oo ''. It was atually the groom speaking.

Report reaching us was that the groom was found hanging on a tree livelessly a day after the wedding in the dreaded Ovu evil forest and a note inscription was found in his pocket '' i wish i never atempted rape, am better dead than alive''

I know you read it to the end right? Oya like! grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? by lonelydora: 12:32am On Oct 28, 2014
My cousin tarred a road for her wife's family in Akwa Ibom. But the wife works with Shell, so money wasn't a problem.

My cousin spent close to 20M marry her.
Re: What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? by Apina(m): 1:49am On Oct 28, 2014
zoeee:
10 million... They bargained it down to 8.5m...

Were was d bride bought from?
Re: What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? by bokunrawo(m): 4:34am On Oct 28, 2014
Apina:

Pluto
Re: What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? by Liability(m): 4:54am On Oct 28, 2014
benue people (idoma) and kogi people, selling their daughters in form of marriage since 1900.

Nonsense
Re: What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 28, 2014
Liability:
benue people (idoma) and kogi people, selling their daughters in form of marriage since 1900.

Nonsense
don't tell me you are against bride price just because the money will enter your papa them hand angry
Re: What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? by Liability(m): 7:34am On Oct 28, 2014
krall3:
don't tell me you are against bride price just because the money will enter your papa them hand angry
why cant theymake it moderate? Maybe at most 50. Na cow una dey sell? I heard if the ladies dieslater in life, her people will demand her body be buried in her village. Na wa oooo.....nit even her husband village?
Re: What Is The Highest Bride Price You Have Seen? by zoeee(f): 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
Apina:

Abia state

(1) (Reply)

6 Ways To Build Self Confidence / 10 Reasons Why A Lady Above 30 Is Still Single. / Busty Vs Assernal Guys What's Your Taste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.