Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1436759 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by molybdenum0012: 1:46pm On Jun 16, 2020
For those who got their passport at Ikoyi, how long did you wait after capturing before you get text to come for your passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Growingboi(m): 5:23pm On Jun 16, 2020
dammygoody:

You can try these:

Hi Dammy,

Did you get an SMS for collection and if yes, how many days from the scheduled collection date please?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Amedak(m): 6:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
Sammyfabulous:
please is there any reason why someone will apply for a passport and would still take months before its ready? did mine in osogbo and today makes it exactly 4 months just imagine they keep saying I must wait till I get a text
Same here bro
I did mine in Ilorin over 6 month.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by azukaolisemeke: 7:25pm On Jun 16, 2020
Please nairalanders i registered and was issued my passport at lagos(festac) passport office, now it has expired, can i renew the passport at another passport office? Warri to be precise. Please your answer will go a long way. Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Growingboi(m): 7:28pm On Jun 16, 2020
You can renew any where even in outside Nigeria as long as there is Nigerian Embassy there.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Growingboi(m): 7:29pm On Jun 16, 2020
You can renew any where even in outside Nigeria as long as there is Nigerian Embassy there.

azukaolisemeke:
Please nairalanders i registered and was issued my passport at lagos(festac) passport office, now it has expired, can i renew the passport at another passport office? Warri to be precise. Please your answer will go a long way. Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by azukaolisemeke: 8:01pm On Jun 16, 2020
Ok, thanks @Growingboi!
Please do you have any idea of the renewal price?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Growingboi(m): 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2020
Document 1 is standard e-passport
Document 2 is enhanced e-passport(with NIN)

azukaolisemeke:
Ok, thanks @Growingboi!
Please do you have any idea of the renewal price?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tee24: 4:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
Hi guys, I’m a silent reader but I decided to share my experience at the passport office today so everyone can learn from it.

I checked this thread about a week ago when I decided to get my Passport, so I got all the necessary details and headed to their office. I got there before 8am and I saw people standing outside, I heard they had already given numbers and someone pointed a man in uniform to me that I should go and inform him I was just coming. The man asked me what I wanted to do and I explained, he then said all I needed was to collate.

He directed me to one woman who helped me understand that I couldn’t use drivers license alone for my guarantor but drivers license and international Passport, she also said she could help me sort that out and arrange all my documents in a file. Even though I had my reservations, I eventually agreed and paid her 1500.

To cut the long story very short, the man at servicing seized my file and told me to call who helped me put it together. I tried explaining plenty about how I did it myself yen yen yen, he then asked what was the name of my guarantor, na there I weak o. After the plenty drama, I had to sort out my guarantor all over again by calling home and printing docs all over again. I think he figured because the file they give at servicom is brown and mine was white. I also think all the people who pay their way through the process also use that same guarantor.

Eventually, they put me through the process and they were patient with me while I did all the running around all over again, gave me a new file and told me I would get a text to come for capturing next week.

Moral of the Story; please do not listen to anybody telling you nonsense when you get there. Ensure you go through the process by yourself without any side assistance...I fell for it because it was a man in the NIS uniform that led me to play myself.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dammygoody(m): 12:02am On Jun 20, 2020
Growingboi:

Hi Dammy,

Did you get an SMS for collection and if yes, how many days from the scheduled collection date please?
Yes Growingboi,
I got an SMS for collection, 2 weeks after the scheduled date.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Adayoung(f): 6:16pm On Jun 20, 2020
dammygoody:

Yes Growingboi,
I got an SMS for collection, 2 weeks after the scheduled date.
I got mine a week after...

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by babajeje123(m): 10:39am On Jun 22, 2020
You don't need to pay anyone to renew your passport except you just want to do give away. I did my data capturing without paying a dime though one officer said I need to pay 3k for stamp and for running around. I just asked him to give me the account number I would pay into and he started shaking visibly and became incoherent. A woman standing nearby quickly stepped in and ordered me to go to another office.
To cut the story short, I did all the processing myself without paying jobs and I left the place at 11 or thereabout.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by A2J(m): 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2020
Thanks to everyone, I looked through this thread, got my documents and did everything myself, nobody asked me to pay a dime. Two weeks in total. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by xcesspower: 11:16pm On Jun 26, 2020
How much did it cost you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 8:32am On Jun 27, 2020
A2J:
Thanks to everyone, I looked through this thread, got my documents and did everything myself, nobody asked me to pay a dime. Two weeks in total. Thank you.

Have you gotten your passport?

How did you do the guarantor.

I can't seem to get a guarantor and I'm stuck.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by molybdenum0012: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2020
Any other center in Lagos where National ID card can be done aside Ikoyi passport office in Lagos?

Thank you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by hupo: 7:34pm On Jun 27, 2020
[quote author=azukaolisemeke post=90742038]Please nairalanders i registered and was issued my passport at lagos(festac) passport office, now it has expired, can i renew the passport at another passport office? Warri to be precise. Please your answer will go a long way. Thanks

you can do it at any office convenient for you. But ensure you chose the intended office as collection point while registering.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bfn1: 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2020
Oladeep:
The funny thing is I have just next week and Monday and Tuesday are public holidays.
Oladeep, how did you eventually resolve this matter?
I've twice sent you a DM. No response
Can I have your email address please?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Growingboi(m): 9:16pm On Jun 27, 2020
Hello team,

My date of collection was on the 9th of June, three weeks down the line and no SMS yet. What will happen if I should go there for collection without the SMS? Will they ask me to go back or will they ask for the SMS?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by A2J(m): 10:30pm On Jun 27, 2020
xcesspower:
How much did it cost you

cost of application is 25k, 1k for service charge = 26k total for 32 pages e-passport.

More info here: https://immigration.gov.ng/enhanced-epassport/
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by A2J(m): 10:31pm On Jun 27, 2020
IgiveLadiesBj:

Have you gotten your passport?

How did you do the guarantor.

I can't seem to get a guarantor and I'm stuck.

I am lucky to have friends available/ready to be a guarantor when I need it. grin cool
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by A2J(m): 10:34pm On Jun 27, 2020
Growingboi:
Hello team,

My date of collection was on the 9th of June, three weeks down the line and no SMS yet. What will happen if I should go there for collection without the SMS? Will they ask me to go back or will they ask for the SMS?

Due to covid-19, they may likely ask you to wait for sms. I got my own sms the day after I have already picked up the passport. You can try going there and meet one of the less-busy staff at the gate.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Uriel12: 11:33pm On Jun 27, 2020
Good evening my people.
I'm planning on getting my passport renewed. It expires in a few months but I don't understand this guarantor issue. Can someone please explain this?

Thank you!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by babaoloola(m): 12:19am On Jun 28, 2020
Hello house.

"My NIN has my maiden and I want to apply for international passport. My questions are:
1. Do I need to change to my married name on NIMC?
2. If yes, can it be done in NIMC location at immigration office?
3. What are the documents needed for passport application IN MY CASE?"

********URGENT PLEASE**********

FROM A FRIEND
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 4:26pm On Jun 28, 2020
Guarantor sad
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by thatebonyiboy(m): 5:48pm On Jun 28, 2020
Hey guys, please pardon my ignorance.

what is the difference between e-passport and the normal passport?
would appreciate a nice explanation
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Rapsowdee01(m): 6:58pm On Jun 28, 2020
HELLO GUYS,
PLEASE HAS IKEJA NIMC OFFICE STARTED WORKING ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Growingboi(m): 9:21am On Jun 29, 2020
Both of them are E-passport, the new one with NIN is called enhanced e-passport and it's more expensive.

The new one requires NIN while the old one doesn't.

thatebonyiboy:
Hey guys, please pardon my ignorance.

what is the difference between e-passport and the normal passport?

would appreciate a nice explanation

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.