Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,768 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1448918 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (831) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Exmay02: 10:06am On Jun 29, 2020
babaoloola:
Hello house.

"My NIN has my maiden and I want to apply for international passport. My questions are:
1. Do I need to change to my married name on NIMC?
2. If yes, can it be done in NIMC location at immigration office?
3. What are the documents needed for passport application IN MY CASE?"

********URGENT PLEASE**********

FROM A FRIEND

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Same documents needed by others, u can just hold marriage cert, court affidavit and paper publication, all this will be needed for name change on NIMC slip.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by babaoloola(m): 11:11am On Jun 29, 2020
Exmay02:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Same documents needed by others, u can just hold marriage cert, court affidavit and paper publication, all this will be needed for name change on NIMC slip.

You are the best! cool
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Trippleblessing(f): 11:33am On Jun 29, 2020
babaoloola:

You are the best! cool

except you know someone at the NIMC centre at immigration office in ikoyi and you are ready to pay some money, change of name isn't easy like that, because other centres are not working yet.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Exmay02: 11:37am On Jun 29, 2020
Trippleblessing:

except you know someone at the NIMC centre at immigration office in ikoyi and you are ready to pay some money, change of name isn't easy like that, because other centres are not working yet.

But people ready to process passport at ikoyi are allowed in to do their NIMC stuff, does that need leg?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Trippleblessing(f): 11:43am On Jun 29, 2020
Exmay02:

But people ready to process passport at ikoyi are allowed in to do their NIMC stuff, does that need leg?

please not just let, join hand too. I was frequently the place for over two weeks, I have heard stories that touch as well, where people pay to immigration officers and nimc officers refused to register or effect whatever they want.

best bet is to look for the nimc official and do your thing with them directly.

I saw a woman paid 10k each for herself and her child, just to register and obtain NMIc slip, yet she wasn't allowed in because the immigration officer did not settle the nimc people.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Exmay02: 11:59am On Jun 29, 2020
Trippleblessing:

please not just let, join hand too. I was frequently the place for over two weeks, I have heard stories that touch as well, where people pay to immigration officers and nimc officers refused to register or effect whatever they want.

I saw a woman paid 10k each for herself and her child, just to register and obtain NMIc slip, yet she wasn't allowed in because the immigration officer did not settle the nimc people.

Thanks for this. Are u saying as a DIY, after showing proofs (passport payments and all documents), you were not allowed in for over 2 weeks?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bennymine: 12:04pm On Jun 29, 2020
Trippleblessing:

I have been to Ikoyi Passport office but they won't allow one in for just nimc registration. I had every document with me to show I needed NIN to renew my passport which I need for studies but none of the NIS staff at the gate listened. The boot built at Alausa passport office hasn't start working when I was there two weeks back.

Please anyone with latest feasible info for NIN registration should post here.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Exmay02: 12:09pm On Jun 29, 2020
The question is if anyone with proof of international passport payment for ikoyi not allowed in.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bennymine: 12:11pm On Jun 29, 2020
Growingboi:
Both of them are E-passport, the new one with BVN is called enhanced e-passport and it's more expensive.

The new one requires BVN while the old one doesn't.

National Identity Number from NIMC not BVN
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bennymine: 12:20pm On Jun 29, 2020
Exmay02:
The question is if anyone with proof of international passport payment for ikoyi not allowed in.

You cannot apply online (DIY) for the enhanced passport without NIN. Payment is done at the end of the application online. So, you need the NIN first before DIY.

Ikoyi NIS office will not let you in except you have finished the online application. To let you in, you need to show you online registration print-outs (Application, Payment, and Acknowledgement).
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Growingboi(m): 12:21pm On Jun 29, 2020
���. Thanks for the correction.

bennymine:

National Identity Number from NIMC not BVN
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Adex2442: 12:22pm On Jun 29, 2020
How much is the price for passport as at now??
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Exmay02: 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2020
bennymine:

You cannot apply online (DIY) for the enhanced passport without NIN. Payment is done at the end of the application online. So, you need the NIN first before DIY.

Ikoyi NIS office will not let you in except you have finished the online application. To let you in, you need to show you online registration print-outs (Application, Payment, and Acknowledgement).

We have NIN, but need to do change of name (my wife)... NIN doesn't change with name, the number remains d same. All online application completed.

Reason why i am asking if there is anyone with passport payment details and still not allowed in.

Hope u get me now?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Growingboi(m): 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2020
Do you mean all the categories of passport or a particular one?

Adex2442:
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bennymine: 12:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
Exmay02:

We have NIN, but need to do change of name (my wife)... NIN doesn't change with name, the number remains d same. All online application completed.

Reason why i am asking if there is anyone with passport payment details and still not allowed in.
Hope u get me now?

If you have done passport application online and want to submit your forms at Ikoyi, my best guess is to enter like you want to submit the forms, which you will show them at the gate. When inside, meet the NIMC guys and tell them you want to do change of name. The official price as I read from NIMC Twitter page is ₦15,000 (paid via remita) and it seems it takes sometime for the change to be effected.

Maiden name change might be cheaper, since it is not an error correction.

When I was at Ikoyi, I heard them talking about NIMC people giving out number as early as 6AM to those they will work on their applications for the day.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bennymine: 12:42pm On Jun 29, 2020
Adex2442:

Enhanced passport details: https://immigration.gov.ng/enhanced-epassport/ when applying online and in Lagos choose Ikoyi to get right fee

Standard passport details: https://immigration.gov.ng/standard-passport/ when applying online and in Lagos don't choose Ikoyi to get right fee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Exmay02: 12:48pm On Jun 29, 2020
bennymine:

If you have done passport application online and want to submit your forms at Ikoyi, my best guess is to enter like you want to submit the forms, which you will show them at the gate. When inside, meet the NIMC guys and tell them you want to do change of name. The official price as I read from NIMC Twitter page is ₦15,000 (paid via remita) and it seems it takes sometime for the change to be effected.

Maiden name change might be cheaper, since it is not an error correction.

When I was at Ikoyi, I heard them talking about NIMC people giving out number as early as 6AM to those they will work on their applications for the day.

Thanks, to make a correction, it is date of birth change that cost 15k, change of name is less than 1k.

It is local govt cert that is delaying me from going to ikoyi presently.

But i believe once they check all online registration details, it will be stupid for them not to allow me in because i want to do name change in NIMC, no way to submit application without doing that.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Anniebony: 12:49pm On Jun 29, 2020
Please oo, i need to change my date of birth on a renewed international passport. How can i do that and what documents do i need?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bennymine: 1:34pm On Jun 29, 2020
Exmay02:

Thanks, to make a correction, it is date of birth change that cost 15k, change of name is less than 1k.

It is local govt cert that is delaying me from going to ikoyi presently.

But i believe once they check all online registration details, it will be stupid for them not to allow me in because i want to do name change in NIMC, no way to submit application without doing that.

You're right
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Trippleblessing(f): 1:41pm On Jun 29, 2020
Exmay02:

Thanks for this. Are u saying as a DIY, after showing proofs (passport payments and all documents), you were not allowed in for over 2 weeks?

Which DIY I didn't do my passport myself. my husband already paid an immigration officer for my passport, infact I have captured, I am only waiting to modify the name on my NIN, once I do that, what is needed is the NIN number.

The best best you have is, do not pay an immigration officer for nimc issues, look for how to get the nimc staff and relate with them, either DIY or not
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by babaoloola(m): 3:58pm On Jun 29, 2020
Trippleblessing:

That's true. She has gone for the old standard e-passport. She wouldn't need NIN for that.

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by babaoloola(m): 4:06pm On Jun 29, 2020
Trippleblessing:

Which DIY I didn't do my passport myself. my husband already paid an immigration officer for my passport, infact I have captured, I am only waiting to modify the name on my NIN, once I do that, what is needed is the NIN number.

The best best you have is, do not pay an immigration officer for nimc issues, look for how to get the nimc staff and relat koe with them, either DIY or not

DIY still remains the best Sis. Esp if you can go to other states. Officials will treat you like someone who is learned and knows what is doing. Sometimes they think you are one of those sent to "check" the system.

Besides, the difference no be small o. You could save 15 - 30k doing it yourself. shocked grin

My fear is, they can delay you for months just for collection embarassed sad Because dey no see your money undecided chop
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Trippleblessing(f): 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
babaoloola:

DIY still remains the best Sis. Esp if you can go to other states. Officials will treat you like someone who is learned and knows what is doing. Sometimes they think you are one of those sent to "check" the system.

Besides, the difference no be small o. You could save 15 - 30k doing it yourself. shocked grin

My fear is, they can delay you for months just for collection embarassed sad Because dey no see your money undecided chop

I never said DIY was/is bad.
all I was trying to point out is to make sure who ever has anything to do with NMIC does that with the nimc official not immigration officer.
I only used myself as an example that despite paying an official for my passport, I was not able to do my change of name.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by holuwar: 12:14am On Jun 30, 2020
please someone should send me Nigerian immigration email
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by babaoloola(m): 8:23am On Jun 30, 2020
holuwar:
please someone should send me Nigerian immigration email

Check their website for the current one. But im sure the phone numbers there work well. You might wanna try out.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by babaoloola(m): 9:31am On Jun 30, 2020
bennymine:

Enhanced passport details: https://immigration.gov.ng/enhanced-epassport/ when applying online and in Lagos choose Ikoyi to get right fee

Standard passport details: https://immigration.gov.ng/standard-passport/ when applying online and in Lagos don't choose Ikoyi to get right fee

Hello bro, please which platform did you use to make payments? I'm seeing SAANA PAY, etc here. We are about to finish online application of a passport...

17k for old standard e-passport, while the new enhanced e-passport is 25k.

Please it's urgent.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Rayhanna: 10:10am On Jun 30, 2020
babaoloola:

Hello bro, please which platform did you use to make payments? I'm seeing SAANA PAY, etc here. We are about to finish online application of a passport...

17k for old standard e-passport, while the new enhanced e-passport is 25k.

Please it's urgent.

You can use pay arena.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Hubbysluv: 11:19am On Jun 30, 2020
Good morning gurus in the house
Please I need help to clarify this
Part of the requirement for fresh passport application is evidence of Nigerian citizenship for parents( Please what can one use as evidence here)?

Also can one apply standard passport for minor(below 18yrs) I really do not understand this enhanced passport thing.
Help me clarify if we can choose one of them when making the application.

Your prompt response will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by mimilyrics: 12:37pm On Jun 30, 2020
1. Parents' Nigerian passports are sufficient for this.

2. Yes, you can with the following;
- Original & copy of birth certificate containing details of parents.
- Letter of consent signed by both parents.
- Photocopy of data page of both parents' current Nigerian passport.
- Photocopy of current data page of non - Nigerian parent.
- Print out of online payment confirmed slip and acknowledgement slip.
- payment slip (not sure about the cost)

Hubbysluv:
Good morning gurus in the house
Please I need help to clarify this
Part of the requirement for fresh passport application is evidence of Nigerian citizenship for parents( Please what can one use as evidence here)?

Also can one apply standard passport for minor(below 18yrs) I really do not understand this enhanced passport thing.
Help me clarify if we can choose one of them when making the application.

Your prompt response will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Hubbysluv: 12:49pm On Jun 30, 2020
Thanks so much

mimilyrics:
1. Parents' Nigerian passports are sufficient for this.

2. Yes, you can with the following;
- Original & copy of birth certificate containing details of parents.
- Letter of consent signed by both parents.
- Photocopy of data page of both parents' current Nigerian passport.
- Photocopy of current data page of non - Nigerian parent.
- Print out of online payment confirmed slip and acknowledgement slip.
- payment slip (not sure about the cost)

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Thane(m): 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2020
babaoloola:

Hello sir, after reading your comment I have successfully applied online for 32 page standard passport for 17k. I have all the requirements except "for guarantor form signed by Commissioner of oath".
I don't have any body to use as guarantor.

My location is abeokuta, however I went through some messages now and it seems that most people here go to Lagos passport office cos is faster.

My question is what do you advise i do now, should I discard the registration and go to Lagos Office and start afresh or should I go to abeokuta office tomorrow with the documents I have? I haven't paid yet.

A friend told me that I will still bribe them no matter what. And also there are no booklets there for now.

I need advice please mimilyrics Rayhanna bennymine Exmay02 Tee24 A2J and other experienced people help

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Richdee1(m): 3:03pm On Jun 30, 2020
Thane:

Hello sir, after reading your comment I have successfully applied online for 32 page standard passport for 17k. I have all the requirements except "for guarantor form signed by Commissioner of oath".
I don't have any body to use as guarantor.

My location is abeokuta, however I went through some messages now and it seems that most people here go to Lagos passport office cos is faster.

My question is what do you advise i do now, should I discard the registration and go to Lagos Office and start afresh or should I go to abeokuta office tomorrow with the documents I have? I haven't paid yet.

A friend told me that I will still bribe them no matter what. And also there are no booklets there for now.

I need advice please mimilyrics Rayhanna bennymine Exmay02 Tee24 A2J and other experienced people help

Please go to Lagos, as it would be faster.. and can u drop the requirements u have for the passport?

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (831) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.