Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,921 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1433458 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cedar3: 11:29pm On Oct 30, 2020
Guys my tori long oh, so just bear with me. grin

First off, when I wanted to start the application, I was introduced to an Immigration Official at my Company (I'm a Chinese Translator) who claimed he can help me do it, even without any document, for a fee of 40k. He gave me a form to fill and return to him with the money. But then I remembered everything I had read here on Nairaland and was determined to do it myself. Bear in mind that I'm your everyday Nigerian nigga.

So I visited the NIS website to confirm the requirements and that was when I found out I had hit a major glitch: I didn't have any of the documents with me, they were all back home in the East. The documents needed were:
1. Original Birth Certificate
2. State/Local Govt Identification Letter
3. NIN Slip
4. 2 Passport Photographs
5. The printouts from the NIS website
6. Guarantor's Form
7. Data Page of Guarantor's Int'l Passport
8. 1 Passport Photograph of Guarantor
9. Photocopy of Guarantor's NIN Slip or Driving License
10. 2 White Native eggs and Alligator Pepper grin

My job doesn't give the time to move freely so I didn't want to waybill them. So I had them scanned and sent to my email. Tried starting the process with my phone and that was when I hit that roadblock of imputation of height. It just couldn't go through despite everything I tried and the advice I got here, so I tried it on the system and it was successful. Imputed all the details correctly MYSELF and made the payment. TOTAL SUM PAID WAS 26k. I printed out all the necessary documents:
1. Completed Application Form
2. Payment Receipt
3. Acknowledgement Slip
4. Guarantor's Form

Then began the hurdle of getting someone to guarantee the form. All my guys I called either weren't with their passports or for one reason or the other couldn't come through. Finally, I was able to get one of my padis back in Uni days who is now in the UK to agree to doing it. I thought of scanning the form to him to fill and scan back to me, but he suggested I filled it myself. Mo ni pe no problem. And that was how he snapped every thing I needed and sent to my WhatsApp and I filled the Guarantor's Form myself.

I received both an email and a text from NIS stating the success of my application and the date for the capturing which was fixed for the 22nd of October but y'all know how Lagos was then with the protests and curfew so I couldn't go. So today being the 30th of October, armed with all my documents except my NIN Slip which I don't have, although I have the number, I set out as early as possible from Agbara in Ogun State to the Passport Office at Ikoyi.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cedar3: 12:27am On Oct 31, 2020
Due to the distance covered, I couldn't get there till around 11am. Upon arrival, I saw the multitude at the gate and I instantly knew the race will be for the swift and the battle for the strong. grin grin. Sincerely brethren, narrow was that gate that led into the kingdom.

First of all, I asked the nearest person and she told me the queue was for those collecting their passports. Ok where is the queue for fine boys like me, hanty dinnor know. That was when I overheard one of those smart kids roving around, seeking whom to devour, telling one guy beside me of a way to cut the queue and my ears sprang up. I moved closer and indicated interest and Uncle assured me of sure success. I even asked him if he can help me reprint my NIN Slip and he answered in the affirmative. He now handed me over to another guy who took me to their office and subsequently handed me over to a third guy, all the while assuring me that they know all the Immigration Officers starting from Abuja. I was adamant, insisting that I only needed to reprint my NIN slip and beat the queue. The third guy was about to hand me over to yet another person for ''proper orientation'' when I realized that these guys were time wasters and left them.

I went back to the gate and met one of the officers at the front to inquire for the queue for fresh application. Oga in the typical Nigerian uniformed men high and mighty manner told me to go back and join any queue I see, that all of us would eventually make it inside the premises. Haa! Brother calm dan na, na fight? Yours sincerely meekly went back and join a queue. People everywhere were increasingly getting agitated for the undue time wastage. Barely 20mins in and a scuffle ensued at the front, the gate was thrown open and the great surge began. grin Na so I join my mates o, gidi gidi like that, we found ourselves inside the premises. Me I didn't even know where I was going, I just followed the crowd to wherever it was going.

When e clear my eye say I no know where I dey go, when I had made about 3 rounds/turns, I had to disconnect from the crowd and walk up to a female officer with the name tag Yemi and ask for directions on the first step to take. Yemi took my file inside and had a tete-a-tete with her colleagues. She came out and with a smile, told me I had come to the right place, but that although I have already paid online and have all my documents, that I would need to make a payment of 50k to her to start the ''authentic'' application. I told her that I didn't have that amount presently on my person, that wasn't there any other way she could help me? She went back inside, chatted some more and came out. With a smile, she told me one of her colleagues has pleaded on my behalf, that I should now bring 15k. I thanked her for her kindness and requested to check elsewhere. She told me not to bother, that even though I go elsewhere, that it would eventually wind up at their table, that they are the ones in charge of printing. Hanty made claims about how I can get the passport within 2days if I was ''ready''. In my head, I rolled my eyes and said ''2nd time waster''. I managed to snatch my file from her claws and left. That was when I remembered ServiCom and rushed off to find it. Turned out it was just right in-front of the gate. I had passed it in that mad rush undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cedar3: 1:38am On Oct 31, 2020
I ran inside and met one nice man with the name tag Adamu. Adamu was very attentive and professional. And another point; Adamu was a youth, just like me cheesy There was this lady who came in at the same time with me, he attended to us simultaneously and very soon, we became a couple and did the remaining processes together. Babe even gave me her Com Card cool Turned out she's a fellow learned wig as me. Ok, back to Adamu grin

Adamu helped us arrange our files, packaged them in a special coloured file - not the bland white file every other guy was carrying - and gave us a form to photocopy and fill, which was basically every thing I already filled online, cost me 2h. He asked for a photocopy of my NIN slip and I told him I don't have it, but that I had the number which he said was sufficient. Me lady had already notarized hers so he directed me to the cubicle where I got my Guarantor's form notarized, which cost 5h to do. Came back and he had already gone out, so I gave it to another officer there who then packed everything together, signed and stamped where necessary and directed us further into another office where some lady vetted the files, asked a few questions, stamped, signed some more and gave us back our files. She then directed us to the ''Long Room'' for further stamps and capturing.

We got to the Long Room and were treated like First Class, cos of the File we were holding. They held off other people's files and vetted ours with the speed of light. I was asked for the original copies of my documents and I told them I didn't come with them, but that I have the soft copies in my phone. The whole process to the last cubicle was a breeze and took less than 20mins. Then we were sent in for capturing, that was where it turned sour for some time. We were told to join the queue of those sitting and wait our turns, despite having the magic file. That was where we camped for about 2hrs+, the queue was so long and so slow. The Officers did not help matters at all, they were busy hustling their candidates in and out. This country still has a lot of fight with corruption undecided A little bit of sanity was restored when we made a little noise. We eventually did the capturing and where told to submit our files to the last guy by the door. Dude said since the file was from ServiCom, we may have to submit them back there. Some numbers were written on a piece of paper and given to us, no printouts were given. We returned the files to ServiCom and were told to come back in 2wks time for collection.

Left around past 3pm. Was a bit tiring, but was it worth it? Hell yeah!! Attached below are the two files.

Total of everything was N26,700.
I encourage every body to toe this DIY path, y'all won't regret it, trust me. Let's join hands to end corruption and save this country.

Thanks to everyone who contributed on this thread. It helped and encouraged me a lot, especially when some of my guys were laughing at me, asking if I wasn't making a mistake by choosing to go the DIY way.

We meeuuvvveee!

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cedar3: 2:08am On Oct 31, 2020
This is what you need. Notice how beautiful it is? grin

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cedar3: 2:15am On Oct 31, 2020
This is the white file, full every where like pure water nylon

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dont1950(m): 4:08am On Oct 31, 2020
Guy, I need your contact, drop your mail. I have interest for passport
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cedar3: 10:17am On Oct 31, 2020
dont1950:
Guy, I need your contact, drop your mail. I have interest for passport
I thought I tried to detail all the steps the best way I could, it's a DIY process.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by krissconnect(m): 12:31pm On Oct 31, 2020
I applied for international passport and captured immediately. Expecting my passport next week

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dimple10: 8:14pm On Oct 31, 2020
cedar3:
This is what you need. Notice how beautiful it is? grin

Servicom is the way to go. Once they see that brown file, you’re like a special candidate.

Once its 2weeks, no wait for text just go back before you begin hear story. Those numbers pasted on the Glass screen didn’t respond to any of the messages i sent to confirm if passport is ready.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dimple10: 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2020
calculator123:

Hi Dimple10,

I would like to know if you carried the ECOWAS slip given to you after the capturing when you went to collect your passport?

Thanks. I anticipate thy reply

Yes i took the printed Slip Given to me back for collection. However i noticed some people didn’t have it and just wrote full name + enrolment ID and dropped in the pink bowl.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dimple10: 8:26pm On Oct 31, 2020
Ok quick question for those that have done fresh application.

Is it compulsory to have a state of Origin/LGA letter or it can be overlooked?

I’m trying to get a fresh Passport application for my spouse But he no get that one and no time to run to Abeokuta to get it.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Richdee1(m): 12:19am On Nov 01, 2020
Dimple10:

I’m trying to get a fresh Passport application for my spouse But he no get that one and no time to run to Abeokuta to get it.

Tot you've gotten urs?
Did you by pass the LGA State of origin?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cedar3: 6:29am On Nov 01, 2020
Dimple10:

Well, I wouldn't say you don't need it cos they checked for mine, though I didn't go with any Original document, just photocopies. The only document I didn't submit was my NIN slip, although you'd need the number to register online.

If he has his Birth Certificate, then I'd say he should try first. They might just waive the LGA ID, it's not like it's that important. In my case, they just ran a red pen through it, not even a stamp or signature.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by damoceile: 9:14am On Nov 01, 2020
cedar3:

Well, I wouldn't say you don't need it cos they checked for mine, though I didn't go with any Original document, just photocopies. The only document I didn't submit was my NIN slip, although you'd need the number to register online.

If he has his Birth Certificate, then I'd say he should try first. They might just waive the LGA ID, it's not like it's that important. In my case, they just ran a red pen through it, not even a stamp or signature.

Good day bro, pls can I use the Declaration of age certificate in place of Birth Certificate??
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cedar3: 11:46am On Nov 01, 2020
damoceile:

Good day bro, pls can I use the Declaration of age certificate in place of Birth Certificate??
Sure! Why not. Sworn to at a law court and signed by a Commissioner for Oaths right?

But if you can and have the time, I'd say go to any National Population Commission near you and get a Birth Certificate, costs less than 1k and 1hr, at least for future purposes.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dimple10: 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2020
Richdee1:

Tot you've gotten urs?
Did you by pass the LGA State of origin?

Mine is done and it was a renewal.

This enquiry is for my spouse for a fresh passport
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dimple10: 1:35pm On Nov 01, 2020
cedar3:

Thanks a lot
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ogunlowoluseun: 9:36am On Nov 02, 2020
Good morning everyone

I am about to make payment for my application. I however see a range of payment platforms and discovered there seems to be a difference in pricing. For example, Innovate1Pay says 25,500 and Netpost says 26,000.

Please from experience which platform is more seamless. Abeg make person no enter one chance

I'll appreciate some advice. Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by calculator123(m): 10:29am On Nov 02, 2020
obawinner:

yes you would be needing it, or you can get your registration Number (middle right) and one code (middle left ) including your full name.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by calculator123(m): 10:30am On Nov 02, 2020
ogunlowoluseun:
Good morning everyone

I am about to make payment for my application. I however see a range of payment platforms and discovered there seems to be a difference in pricing. For example, Innovate1Pay says 25,500 and Netpost says 26,000.

Please from experience which platform is more seamless. Abeg make person no enter one chance

I used Netpost pay and it was fast.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by calculator123(m): 10:31am On Nov 02, 2020
Dimple10:

Yes i took the printed Slip Given to me back for collection. However i noticed some people didn’t have it and just wrote full name + enrolment ID and dropped in the pink bowl.
Thanks for the information. I appreciate
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Rhuth: 12:44pm On Nov 02, 2020
ogunlowoluseun:
Good morning everyone

Please use Netpost to avoid stories that touch
Passport costs 25k plus 1k charges.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ogunlowoluseun: 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2020
calculator123:

I used Netpost pay and it was fast.

Thanks for your response

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ogunlowoluseun: 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2020
Rhuth:

Please use Netpost to avoid stories that touch
Passport costs 25k plus 1k charges.

Thanks for your response

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ogunlowoluseun: 4:03pm On Nov 02, 2020
Please I have been trying to pay with my gtb card but it has not been going. I keep getting "Transaction failed please try again or select another card"

I am using Netpost Pay. Any ideas?

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cedar3: 4:09pm On Nov 02, 2020
ogunlowoluseun:
Good morning everyone

I used Netpost, paid 26k, was pretty much fast and seamless.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dehiero: 4:29pm On Nov 02, 2020
ogunlowoluseun:
Please I have been trying to pay with my gtb card but it has not been going. I keep getting "Transaction failed please try again or select another card"

Thanks
Isn't a self payment @the bank safer? B4 they debit you multiple times
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by emmaze2000(m): 12:06am On Nov 03, 2020
ogunlowoluseun:

Thanks

I had same issues trying to pay, my access bank card wasn’t going, then I used innovate1pay and choose card, then went to bank transfer, it generates an account number from Wema bank, once u transfer it might not reflect immediately but you get a mail with validation code. My own payment reflected in the morning.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Julibae96: 8:54am On Nov 03, 2020
I am having difficulty getting a guarantor, please any help?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DabDab(f): 10:05am On Nov 03, 2020
@ meetme01

Please where is the servicom office located at Abeokuta? My interview date is tomorrow 4th nov and i am a fresh passport applicant.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by meetme01: 10:25am On Nov 03, 2020
DabDab:

@ meetme01

Please where is the servicom office located at Abeokuta? My interview date is tomorrow 4th nov and i am a fresh passport applicant.

Immediately you enter into the building, the first office by your right.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Simba011(m): 11:27am On Nov 03, 2020
My Experience
Passport Renewal
DIY @alausa

Go with payment,acknowledgement and application letter
Also have copies of them and also an application letter directed to the immigration control officer where you introduce your self and the reason for reissuance.
Also go with passport pictures and international passport that's all.

A pleasant experience and I will advice everyone to DIY cos the process is straight forward.

I am to come back next week for capturing which to me is not an issue.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.