Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1433589 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DabDab(f): 11:36am On Nov 03, 2020
meetme01:

Immediately you enter into the building, the first office by your right.

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dimple10: 11:39am On Nov 03, 2020
Las las this country is a cruise. After plenty roadblocks, we decided DIY route won’t work for him because we’ll spend more and it will take longer.

STORY TIME!!!

My spouse tried to get birth attestation, they said 15k and it will be ready in 2weeks. State of origin letter he no get. He called one of our “aunties” at passport office Ikoyi, that one asked for 42K to process passport without stress and his details. She filled the form and asked him to bring 4 passport photographs and come for capture Today.

On getting there, she had done birth attestation, State of origin letter for ogun state and every other thing he might need.

While i’m not pleased with the idea of the route he chose, i understand because it’s less stressful and passport will be ready in a week.

One day Naija will be better.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Richdee1(m): 1:19pm On Nov 03, 2020
Dimple10:
Las las this country is a cruise. After plenty roadblocks, we decided DIY route won’t work for him because we’ll spend more and it will take longer.

STORY TIME!!!

My spouse tried to get birth attestation, they said 15k and it will be ready in 2weeks. State of origin letter he no get. He called one of our “aunties” at passport office Ikoyi, that one asked for 42K and his details. She filled the form and asked him to bring 4 passport photographs and come for capture Today.

On getting there, she had done birth attestation, State of origin letter for ogun state and every other thing he might need.

While i’m not pleased with the idea of the route he chose, i understand because it’s less stressful and passport will be ready in a week.

One day Naija will be better.

15k for NPC? isn't that too much?
and 42k for State of Origin?
I don't have this two. won't affidavit pass for it?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suco01(m): 4:51pm On Nov 03, 2020
Richdee1:

Affidavit works for birth certificate and you can also go to any primary health care center to get it Birth certificate, while state of origin won't be more than 2k. Just Google your state of origin liason office in lagos and get it.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by quineP(f): 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2020
Simba011:
My Experience
Passport Renewal
DIY @alausa

Go with payment,acknowledgement and application letter
Also have copies of them and also an application letter directed to the immigration control officer where you introduce your self and the reason for reissuance.
Also go with passport pictures and international passport that's all.

A pleasant experience and I will advice everyone to DIY cos the process is straight forward.

I am to come back next week for capturing which to me is not an issue.
Hi
pls can u give me feedback when you go for ur data capture. Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oreoluwatemmy: 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2020
Good evening guys, please help me about my son's passport application.i applied on 13 through one agent ,so when he captured I noticed there's an error on the gender.the guy said he will complete it which makes me unable to take capturing slip. And since then the passport isn't out,he told me he has done the changes and protest caused it. Please what can I do,I need it urgently and I read here people collected last week.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by SKhanmi: 11:16am On Nov 04, 2020
DabDab:

@ meetme01

Please where is the servicom office located at Abeokuta? My interview date is tomorrow 4th nov and i am a fresh passport applicant.

Let us know how it went
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by calculator123(m): 12:47pm On Nov 04, 2020
calculator123:
So I was at NIS Ikoyi office today for fresh passport enrollment. I received a text message and an email from them since Monday to go for the enrollment but my interview was slated for tommorow being Friday.

I got there around 7:35 AM pretty early, I saw crowd just at the entrance. I walked up to an immigration officer wanting to know the opening time and where I can get the guarantor's form notarized. He told me they resume by 8 but the notary office is somewhere in IGBOSERE. I just smiled, thanked him, logged on to NL reading with the speed of light because I remember reading a comment that said we could get the the form notarized in the passport office. I found the comment and my conviction became stronger.

Lesson 1: not every immigration officer know what goes on in their office. Some are practically clueless.

As at 7:50 AM, I was having chitchat with one those touts at the gate and I asked him if he knew where the notary office was located. He looked at me obviously confused and asked who was running the process for me. I said I am doing it myself, do you have a problem with that? He looked angered and went into a 3 minutes "shalaye" of how you need someone who knows someone to run the parole for you and that if you do it yourself, your passport wouldn't be process and even if it gets processed, it would be lost in transit (whatever that means). I smiled grin baded him farewell and returned in time to listen to the officer calling out the number for those who were for the passport collection. The time was 7:57AM.

Lesson 2: whatever you do, ensure to do your due diligence because people are willing to pounce on your ignorance all for material gain.

After calling different actions from national ID enrollment, passport collection, I didn't hear fresh passport application. I walked up to one of the officers to ask, he said I would have to wait oh. So I chilled while observing everything happening around me. The level of "man-know-man" that goes on in our public offices can't be described but best experienced. At exactly 8:20 AM I didn't hear anything from them, with anger in my bones, I walked to one of the officers, showed him the SMS I got and he was apologetic about delaying me since. He quickly fixed me into one of the lines, got my temperature checked and I was inside. Knowing I hadn't notarized my form, I asked for directions and located the place but unfortunately, it was closed (this was what prompted my initial comment above). In the process of waiting, I saw a guy who came for the same purpose holding a white file with "32 page passport" boldly written on it with a marker. I asked where he got that file from and he said SERVICOM. I moved swiftly to SERVICOM, greeted the officer on duty and told him why I was there. He gave me a form, 4 pages to make photocopy. I went outside the office and did the photocopy for #50 per page. Went back in, filled the form accordingly and returned to the female officer he directed me to. She helped arrange the file and when she noticed I hadn't notarized the form, I quickly told her the office was locked. She picked her phone, made a call and told me the man in question is available and I that I should go ASAP before the queue becomes long. I went there, met a small crowd but with confidence, went to the front of the queue and said I was from officer **** since I had memorized her name from the name tag. I was attended to quickly (paid #500 for this service) and returned the notarized form to her, she took her time to arrange the documents and gave me a brown file (picture attached). She then told me to go to a office opposite hers and give to the officer on duty and I should always ask the next step after each officer had looked through the file (she was nice and very professional). Did as she as said and the woman pointed me towards the LONG ROOM. From one pit hole to another, I submitted and collected the file after certain things had been looked at. Just at the end of the LONG ROOM, the woman on duty asked me why I was processing it myself and not using an officer which happens to be the norm. I told her I love to do things myself cheesy. She smiled and returned my file to me. Knowing that was the last stage before the computer enrollment, I asked her if it was possible to get captured today. She said YES if I can find her something. I smiled and respectfully told her that I wouldn't because I was cash strapped. Looking at her name tag, I knew she came from my state and I used that as a way to get her talking after all (where am I rushing to?). We chitchatted about some random things before she asked if I was still interested in capturing today. A big YES, she then handed me over to one officer Y**** who ensured the capturing was done without those officers slotting their candidates in my front. At the end of the capturing, I was given a collection slip (picture attached) to check back in 2 weeks time. The officer who did the capturing was professional in his dealings and was nice in explaining somethings to me. I returned the file to SERVICOM.

Lesson 3: learn to find a point of connection with someone, it could open doors and make a seemly impossible task easy.

For the documents required for this process, please look at the picture attached.

I left there exactly 9:45 AM. Total time spent, 1 hour 45 minutes 33 seconds (don't ask me how I knew the seconds part). It was easy and straight forward, and I couldn't see the wisdom in paying more to a certain officer when you can actually do the whole process from start to finish yourself.

Online payment = #25,000
Bank charges = #1,000
Notary fee = #500
Photocopy = #200

Total amount spent = #26,700

That's it guys. I got value from this thread and this is me giving returning the value. Anyone who wants help on how to run the fresh passport application (IKOYI office only) can send an email to me (check my signature). I would be glad to help.

A big shout-out to SaintAY for answering my questions, you are the real MVP.

DO IT YOURSELF, MAKE NIGERIA GREAT AGAIN!

Cc Olalekank, UserReturn4321

After over two months of waiting, I finally collected the passport.

Left home by 7: 30 Am but the rain flogged the living daylight out of me and the bike man on the third mainland bridge. Got to the NIS office all soaked and had to wait for a little to dry my clothes.

Got into the queue by 8:30 AM, wrote my name in the collection slip, and took a snapshot of the slip with my phone before submitting it to the officer at the gate.

I had to wait till almost 10: 27 AM before I heard my name, collected the passport, and headed straight for the activation room. Activation took less than 30 minutes. I wrote down my name, enrollment ID, phone number, and signed in the book provided.

So, ladies and gents, I don collect my passport oh.

DO IT YOURSELF.

E go be.

11 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dave0116(m): 1:31pm On Nov 04, 2020
I have a different name on my birthday certificate how do I remedy that?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dave0116(m): 1:32pm On Nov 04, 2020
calculator123:

Left home by 7: 30 Am but the rain flogged the living daylight out of me and the bike man on the third mainland bridge. Got to the NIS office all soaked and had to wait for a little to dry my clothes.

Got into the queue by 8:30 AM, wrote my name in the collection slip, and took a snapshot of the slip with my phone before submitting it to the officer at the gate.

I had to wait till almost 10: 27 AM before I heard my name, collected the passport, and headed straight for the activation room. Activation took less than 30 minutes. I wrote down my name, enrollment ID, phone number, and signed in the book provided.

DO IT YOURSELF.

E go be.
Wow... Congrats sir

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Greenleaf247: 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2020
NIKEDEEDS:
Fresh passport.

The 15k was wat motivated me to pay immediately grin

Please can you help me with the link, I will really appreciate. Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Anikulhapo(m): 5:42pm On Nov 04, 2020
Please guys, I need help.
I want to apply for the passport as a fresh applicant and I really want to use the DIY route but I have some questions:
1) Has anyone done theirs at either Ilorin NIS office, Osogbo NIS office or Ibadan NIS office
2) If you have, how is the process, hope using the DIY route won't have any complications cos I don't trust these NIS personnel

N.B: Please treat as urgent, ejoor
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ogunlowoluseun: 6:19pm On Nov 04, 2020
Hello my people. I finally made payment through Innovate1Pay and it went

Please I would like to know if for passport renewal a guarantor form is part of the document requirement. I am not clear on this

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ogunlowoluseun: 6:52pm On Nov 04, 2020
ogunlowoluseun:
Hello my people. I finally made payment through Innovate1Pay and it went

Please I would like to know if for passport renewal a guarantor form is part of the document requirement. I am not clear on this

Thanks

I think I have my answer. Gotten from link below.

https://immigration.gov.ng/standard-passport/

Please If I am wrong correct me. Thanks

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nickisindigo(m): 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2020
Pls guys I want to start my passport journey and I need to know which documents to have
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ajiswaggs(m): 7:39pm On Nov 04, 2020
Nickisindigo:
Pls guys I want to start my passport journey and I need to know which documents to have
same here also
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by rev2214(m): 8:08pm On Nov 04, 2020
What is the real price for international passport now?

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dimple10: 9:13pm On Nov 04, 2020
Richdee1:

We were told 15k for attestation of birth from NPC with duration of 2weeks.

The 42k was paid to someone at NIS to process new passport application. This fee covered everything he needed excluding NIN which he already had.

If you have all your documents, please go DIY route and save money.

An affidavit will work just fine in place of birth certificate or attestation.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dimple10: 9:14pm On Nov 04, 2020
rev2214:
What is the real price for international passport now?

25k for 32pages (new Ebooklet)
15k for 32 pages (old/normal booklet) Not available at some locations.

Not sure of prices for the other pages
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dimple10: 9:16pm On Nov 04, 2020
Ajiswaggs:
same here also

It’s on their website na. How do you people expect things to get better if you’re not Willing to read/do the work.

Just google nigerian passport requirement or Nigeria immigration service

Edit: Go here for required information. https://immigration.gov.ng/standard-passport/

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dimple10: 9:17pm On Nov 04, 2020
ogunlowoluseun:

I think I have my answer. Gotten from link below.

https://immigration.gov.ng/standard-passport/

Please If I am wrong correct me. Thanks

You’re correct. No need for guarantor if you’re renewing.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dimple10: 9:19pm On Nov 04, 2020
calculator123:

DO IT YOURSELF.

E go be.

Thats the way forward. Congrats ehn

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dimple10: 9:21pm On Nov 04, 2020
Oreoluwatemmy:
Good evening guys, please help me about my son's passport application.i applied on 13 through one agent ,so when he captured I noticed there's an error on the gender.the guy said he will complete it which makes me unable to take capturing slip. And since then the passport isn't out,he told me he has done the changes and protest caused it. Please what can I do,I need it urgently and I read here people collected last week.

Please be sure this guy has not collected your money and gone to sleep.

If you have an enrollment ID, take it to NIS and check.

People have been collecting booklets since lastweek.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Richdee1(m): 9:39pm On Nov 04, 2020
Dimple10:

We were told 15k for attestation of birth from NPC with duration of 2weeks.

The 42k was paid to someone at NIS to process new passport application. This fee covered everything he needed excluding NIN which he already had.

If you have all your documents, please go DIY route and save money.

An affidavit will work just fine in place of birth certificate or attestation.

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gynn: 5:41am On Nov 05, 2020
Dimple10:

Please be sure this guy has not collected your money and gone to sleep.

If you have an enrollment ID, take it to NIS and check.

People have been collecting booklets since lastweek.

Please what is enrollment ID? Is it the same as application ID?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by micorpy(m): 7:35am On Nov 05, 2020
Someone should help me with the Twitter handle of "Alausa Ikeja immigration office".

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by quineP(f): 8:40am On Nov 05, 2020
micorpy:
Someone should help me with the Twitter handle of "Alausa Ikeja immigration office".

Thanks
seconded. i’m having issues with them too
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by cedar3: 11:28am On Nov 05, 2020
Dimple10:

It’s on their website na. How do you people expect things to get better if you’re not Willing to read/do the work.

Just google nigerian passport requirement or Nigeria immigration service

Edit: Go here for required information. https://immigration.gov.ng/standard-passport/

I tire o. Despite several testimonies and details already posted here, some guys are still too lazy to do a tiny bit.

Just take a little time and read backwards, a few pages will supply all the answers you need.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Anikulhapo(m): 1:14pm On Nov 05, 2020
Anikulhapo:
Please guys, I need help.
I want to apply for the passport as a fresh applicant and I really want to use the DIY route but I have some questions:
1) Has anyone done theirs at either Ilorin NIS office, Osogbo NIS office or Ibadan NIS office
2) If you have, how is the process, hope using the DIY route won't have any complications cos I don't trust these NIS personnel

N.B: Please treat as urgent, ejoor
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DabDab(f): 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2020
SKhanmi:

Let us know how it went

I let home early from ota at 5:30 am yesterday and got to passport office by 7am. I had to wait untill 8am before we were allowed in. At the entrance i was asked to write who i came to see, I wrote servicom.They insisted i wrote down someone's name or call the person to tell me his/her name.i wrote passport .Hian! Shey i must know person name before i enter govt ministry again? I later entered when they weren't paying attention because of the crowd behind me.Please go with your facemask unless you won't be allowed in.

I went straight to servicom and i was asked for the name of the person i came to see. I told them i came to see the person who is supposed to be in the office and its not compulsory i know someone before i will be attended to.

I met a man in the office, he gave form to fill and then reffered me to another man for assessement of my document. He took my file to the Dso or Dsi office for approval. I waited until 11am before he arrived because he went for a meeting. I kept on seeing files moving in and out of the office and names been called out but i didnt hear my name. I went back to the man at servicom that submitted my document to help me check if it has been approved, he came back and said it has been approved i guess it was kept in one corner, nobody took it to the verification room because it was DIY file.He took it there for me and i was called for verication and then interview.

I went back to the reception and my name was called for caputuring, by 1:30pm i was done. I was given a confirmation slip with my collection date written on it which is on the 16th next week.

Thanks meetme01 and everyone for arming me with the right informatiom here.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dimple10: 3:13pm On Nov 05, 2020
Gynn:

Please what is enrollment ID? Is it the same as application ID?

It’s the number you get after you capture. It’s used to check whether your passport is ready or not.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dimple10: 3:16pm On Nov 05, 2020
micorpy:

Thanks

quineP:
seconded. i’m having issues with them too

I don’t know if they have a seperate ID but just Direct your tweetS to @nigimmigration

They may not respond immediately but they will respond.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.