Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1432244 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ibokz(m): 10:47am On Nov 26, 2020
hammed71:
you need to apply online(google nis immigration) and pay 26,000, you will also fill some forms online, make sure you print your acknowledgement form and payment receipt then proceed to the immigration office you chose for capture

I think the 26k is for Abuja only. Other states are around 19k approximately. I applied last week and went to Abj for capturing on Monday. They said I should come on 2nd December to pick my passport.

They actually have lots of hyenas and jackals that will be on the way to frustrate and take your money but if you insist politely on no payment, they will let you through.
That was my experience in Abuja, I can't say for other locations

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by rotile247(m): 10:49am On Nov 26, 2020
LightOnScams:

This will be hard.

The other guy said he never used such, that it's Standard E-Passport.

Is there a difference between E-Passport and other passports?

Forgive me if I sound ignorant, I'm actually ignorant of the whole thing.

Thank you.

Yes. Standard epassport is the old one which does not require your NIN. You can get that at Festac location. Official price is 17,000.

Enhanced epassport is the new one. It requires your NIN (NIMC slip) 32 pages cost 26,000. Done at Ikoyi & Alausa passport location.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ibokz(m): 10:53am On Nov 26, 2020
capricornlady:
Please what does it take for someone to renew their passport? My passport expired this June, 2020 and i want to renew at Ikoyi. Please how did you renew yours? i will appreciate your response, thank you

For Abuja which I assume should be the same as other locations.

You need an application letter. ie apply for the renew of your passport.

Your old passport which you will need to photocopy

Acknowledgement slip ie evidence of online payment

Voila c'est finis.

That's all
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ibokz(m): 10:57am On Nov 26, 2020
toyosiabayomi96:

Can someone answer this please

Pls is the person going for renewal or fresh application.

If it is renewal, you don't need a guarantor but if it is not then you do.

If not renewal, you can ask someone to help you fill the details of the person but how do you get his passport which you are supposed to attach to the form.

My advice, if you can't get anyone to do it for you there, pay someone at the immigration office and they get a guarantor for you. But I totally believe you can easily find someone that can serve as a guarantor for you. It is not a big deal
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ibokz(m): 11:03am On Nov 26, 2020
Anikulhapo:
Please guys, I need your help an answers. I paid online last week Friday and I chose Ilorin Immigration office as my interview centre, the amount it displayed was 17,800 which I did.
I already downloaded the application form, the payment receipt and guarantor's form but I have some questions
1) Where will I download the acknowledgement form that I have been seeing on this thread
2) How will I know my interview date
3) Which other documents will I carry along to the immigration office with the printed forms
4) Any other advice you will like to give me
Note: It is a fresh application

After payment you are supposed to see acknowledgement slip which u can print.

After filing the form too, there's a form at the end before you proceed to payment. I think the form also contains your id and reference no.

You can also just enter the reference number and then go ahead and look for acknowledgement slip and print and any other one that you haven't printed
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by THURAFTERNOON: 11:17am On Nov 26, 2020
rotile247:

You're good to go provided you chose Ikoyi for the enhanced e- passport. Go along with your NINM slip.

N.B for fresh passport, guarantor is required.

yes thank you very much. I chosed ikoyi. i believe I only need to tender my guarantor's international passport data page only?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by delgook14(m): 11:32am On Nov 26, 2020
THURAFTERNOON:
hi house. good morning. I am at the final page ready to make payment for the application of my passport online. however, I saw that I'm to pay a total of 26k for a fresh 5yers valid 32 pages passport. please is this correct before I proceed to make payment? I have saved my application form which contains my ID AND REFERENCE NO already. thanks all
I think it should be 17.5k if I'm right. Choose innovatepay1 and bank deposit.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by THURAFTERNOON: 12:56pm On Nov 26, 2020
delgook14:

thanks bro ; this was the exact reason I came here for help but I really don't know how the cost price got inflated from 17k to 26k too. possibly someone can hint me on what went wrong before I go ahead to make payment.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by delgook14(m): 1:01pm On Nov 26, 2020
delgook14:
BTW, anyone got hints about getting it done via DIY for Ibadan(Agodi)?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by efepeppereski: 1:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
delgook14:

I just came back from there now. I went to submit my documents, but the officer that attended to me told me they will let me know when to come back for capturing. I thought I am supposed to do my capturing today, but she said they will get back to me on that. For those that did DIY in Ibadan, is this the normal process?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by efepeppereski: 1:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
2lovely:

From my experience it is DIY-friendly. You may encounter some of them at the entrance just emphasize that you have paid online. Ask for servicom, they are very friendly. I had hitch-free experience though I'm yet to go back for collection.

Did you do your capturing same day you submitted your documents at NIS Ibadan. They told me they will contact me to inform me when to come back for capturing. Mine is DIY. In addition, how long did it take u to collect your passport after capturing?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by efepeppereski: 2:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
delgook14:

You can ask me whatever you want here. Though, I have not done my capturing. They told me they will contact me to inform me when to come for capturing.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by iCode2: 3:15pm On Nov 26, 2020
THURAFTERNOON:

thanks bro ; this was the exact reason I came here for help but I really don't know how the cost price got inflated from 17k to 26k too. possibly someone can hint me on what went wrong before I go ahead to make payment.

Renewal is 17k. Fresh passport is 26k.

So, I guess you're applying for fresh passport. If its for renewal, go back and start the application for renewal.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by iCode2: 3:17pm On Nov 26, 2020
efepeppereski:

I just came back from there now. I went to submit my documents, but the officer that attended to me told me they will let me know when to come back for capturing. I thought I am supposed to do my capturing today, but she said they will get back to me on that. For those that did DIY in Ibadan, is this the normal process?
When to come back for capturing?? Sounds somehow. Was it SERVICOM officers?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by THURAFTERNOON: 3:18pm On Nov 26, 2020
iCode2:
Renewal is 17k. Fresh passport is 26k.

So, I guess you're applying for fresh passport. If its for renewal, go back and start the application for renewal.

thanks brov. I'm applying for a fresh passport. I will pay now.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by efepeppereski: 3:37pm On Nov 26, 2020
iCode2:
When to come back for capturing?? Sounds somehow. Was it SERVICOM officers?

Yeah, the servicicom officers told to go get a white file and directed me to that particular office, where they arrange my documents and told me they will contact me to inform me when to come for capturing. Though, my interview date is December 3rd. Is it the date of the interview that capturing is normally done? I am a bit worried as what they told me is different from what I got from this thread. I am planning to go there on the date of my interview for capturing.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by rotile247(m): 3:54pm On Nov 26, 2020
efepeppereski:

Yeah, the servicicom officers told to go get a white file and directed me to that particular office, where they arrange my documents and told me they will contact me to inform me when to come for capturing. Though, my interview date is December 3rd. Is it the date of the interview that capturing is normally done? I am a bit worried as what they told me is different from what I got from this thread. I am planning to go there on the date of my interview for capturing.

When did you make payment? , Did you get a notification by phone or email that your screening was successful?

In my case, I applied and paid for the renewal online on Monday 23 Nov with 2 December as my interview date. I got an email and sms notification that my screening was successful that I could go for enrollment at Festac which I did today. I was done by 12:45pm.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by efepeppereski: 4:02pm On Nov 26, 2020
rotile247:

When did you make payment? , Did you get a notification by phone or email that your screening was successful?

In my case, I applied and paid for the renewal online on Monday 23 Nov with 2 December as my interview date. I got an email and sms notification that my screening was successful that I could go for enrollment at Festac which I did today. I was done by 12:45pm.
I applied and paid on November 24. I got the text message and email notifying me that my payment was successful and that I could go for enrollment. I was surprised when the female officer told me they will notify me when to come back for capturing after she has arranged my document. Though, I intend going on December 3rd if I did not hear from them before then.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by iCode2: 5:30pm On Nov 26, 2020
efepeppereski:

Oh you're a fresh applicant. Maybe you'll do the capturing same day with the interview.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by quineP(f): 6:53pm On Nov 26, 2020
efepeppereski:

pls what’s the difference btw the white file and the brown file
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by iknowexperts: 7:35pm On Nov 26, 2020
LightOnScams:

This will be hard.

The other guy said he never used such, that it's Standard E-Passport.

Is there a difference between E-Passport and other passports?

Forgive me if I sound ignorant, I'm actually ignorant of the whole thing.

Thank you.

smiley Its understandable.

This whole "types of Nigeria International passport" thing can be confusing. It used to confuse me too.

I'll briefly try to break it down.

Many people don't know this but there are actually 5 types of Nigeria international passport:

1. Official passport for government officials (not all of them though)
2. Diplomatic passport for diplomats and their protocol
3. Seafarers passport for Seamen.
4. Pilgrims passport for pilgrims of any religious affiliation who are travelling for pilgrimage

And finally,

5. The Standard epassport.

This is the one all Nigerians are eligible for by right. And this is what is commonly referred to as the Nigerian International passport. Because it is the official travel document for all Nigerian citizens

And this is the passport type that is being talked about in this thread

The Standard epassport is further divided into 2:

a) Standard passport (notice that there is no "e" before the passport)
b) Enhanced epassport

The Enhanced epassport is an upgraded version of the Standard passport. It is linked to your NIN and BVN and has more security features.

Also, it is more expensive. Costs 26k vs around 17k for 32 pages booklet with 5 years validity

Nevertheless, whether you are going for the Enhanced epassport, or the Standard passport...

rest assured that you can use either of both to travel abroad. And you will mever be discriminated against irredpective of the passport type you carry.

Hope this explanation helped.

And to your question, just like @Oggg said, you need a guarantor for fresh passport application.

Its when you are doing renewal that you no longer require a guarantor

Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by efepeppereski: 8:34pm On Nov 26, 2020
iCode2:
Oh you're a fresh applicant. Maybe you'll do the capturing same day with the interview.

Yeah, I am a new applicant. I never knew that they do interview o. What type of questions do they ask during the interview?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by iCode2: 8:47pm On Nov 26, 2020
efepeppereski:

Yeah, I am a new applicant. I never knew that they do interview o. What type of questions do they ask during the interview?
I don't know. They weren't doing interview when I did mine then. E no go pass normal questions sha
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by efepeppereski: 8:47pm On Nov 26, 2020
iCode2:

Yeah, I am a new applicant. I hope so too.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by efepeppereski: 8:48pm On Nov 26, 2020
iCode2:
I don't know. They weren't doing interview when I did mine then. E no go pass normal questions sha

Ok then. Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by efepeppereski: 8:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
quineP:
pls what’s the difference btw the white file and the brown file

I don't know. I heard servicom gives the brown envelope. Though that was not my case
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Primus9(m): 10:16pm On Nov 26, 2020
I applied online but I was unable to choose my interview venue, I just got a message this evening that I should go to NIS headquarters Abuja for enrollment. please can I do it in my preferred venue or there is a procedure to follow in order to change the venue?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 4:13am On Nov 27, 2020
efepeppereski:

The person u met is just a satan.
Normally when u do it yourself some u meet are like this but they must give u a date to come back before u leave the premises. There’s nothing like we will contact you later.
I think what you should do is go back there, locate servicom and explain urself to someone else that you did online payment and have submitted your documents in that same office however you have not been told when to come for interview/capturing.
Dnt be afraid nor let them suppress your voice. Just be polite but firm and no let one kobo extra come out from ur bag for corrupt officers.

The interview is basically them checking ur documents and askin u questions like why u need the passport, where are u travelling to, etc
It’s usually things you know.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 4:16am On Nov 27, 2020
THURAFTERNOON:

yes thank you very much. I chosed ikoyi. i believe I only need to tender my guarantor's international passport data page only?
Fressh ppt.
U need ur guarantor’s passport photograph, data page of international passport and driver’s licence or NIN slip.
Also u need to have commissioner of oaths endorse the guarantor’s form after it has been filled.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by THURAFTERNOON: 5:08am On Nov 27, 2020
Oggg:

Fressh ppt.
U need ur guarantor’s passport photograph, data page of international passport and driver’s licence or NIN slip.
Also u need to have commissioner of oaths endorse the guarantor’s form after it has been filled.

thanks and God bless you bro.
I'll update the house as it goes.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 5:28am On Nov 27, 2020
iknowexperts:

smiley Its understandable.

This whole "types of Nigeria International passport" thing can be confusing. It used to confuse me too.

I'll briefly try to break it down.

Many people don't know this but there are actually 5 types of Nigeria international passport:

1. Official passport for government officials (not all of them though)
2. Diplomatic passport for diplomats and their protocol
3. Seafarers passport for Seamen.
4. Pilgrims passport for pilgrims of any religious affiliation who are travelling for pilgrimage

And finally,

5. The Standard epassport.

This is the one all Nigerians are eligible for by right. And this is what is commonly referred to as the Nigerian International passport. Because it is the official travel document for all Nigerian citizens

And this is the passport type that is being talked about in this thread

The Standard epassport is further divided into 2:

a) Standard passport (notice that there is no "e" before the passport)
b) Enhanced epassport

The Enhanced epassport is an upgraded version of the Standard passport. It is linked to your NIN and BVN and has more security features.

Also, it is more expensive. Costs 26k vs around 17k for 32 pages booklet with 5 years validity

Nevertheless, whether you are going for the Enhanced epassport, or the Standard passport...

rest assured that you can use either of both to travel abroad. And you will mever be discriminated against irredpective of the passport type you carry.

Hope this explanation helped.

And to your question, just like @Oggg said, you need a guarantor for fresh passport application.

Its when you are doing renewal that you no longer require a guarantor

Cheers!

Thanks, I'm grateful.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Vooom: 7:57am On Nov 27, 2020
Is that what you did?

I am currently in need of someone to assist a family at festac
bumitek02:
you don't need any document to obtain passport, just walk to any immigration office and tell any officer you wana do passport you will give then 2 copies of passport and your cash dats all if you are in lagos go to 3rd avenue festac

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.