Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1431400 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by damoceile: 2:48pm On Dec 02, 2020
SKhanmi:

For Abk south, Goto the local government Secretariat at Ake. Not far from the centenary hall. Let us know how it went grin

Traveled down to Abeokuta today, the official price they told me was ₦4700, paid and got everything done... On to the next one!!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Francon(f): 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2020
Pls I applied for a passport renewal today (now). Mine expired last year sept.

However I am travelling on the 19th of Dec to an African country. And my interview date on my processing info shows 14th Dec in Ikoyi Passport office, Lagos.

Pls is it possible to go before 14th Dec for capturing and every other process so as to pick up on time?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 2:53pm On Dec 02, 2020
Francon:
Pls I applied for a passport renewal today (now). Mine expired last year sept.

However I am travelling on the 19th of Dec to an African country. And my interview date on my processing info shows 14th Dec in Ikoyi Passport office, Lagos.

Pls is it possible to go before 14th Dec for capturing and every other process so as to pick up on time?
Go before the date o. Ignore whatever is written on the form.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2020
damoceile:

Traveled down to Abeokuta today, the official price they told me was ₦4700, paid and got everything done... On to the next one!!
4700 or 47000? What did you pay for?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 2:57pm On Dec 02, 2020
Sweetas2:

Please am abit confused where can I locate this guarantor form?
GUARANTOR FORM IS UNIQUE TO EVERY FRESH APPLICATION.
AFTER PAYING, INPUT YOUR DETAILS that is passport application and reference id and you would be able to print out your guarantor’s form.
It will have your name and date of birth . Make sure what you print out is complete. So save the form first and crosscheck.
https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/passportGuarantor

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by SKhanmi: 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2020
damoceile:

Wow, thanks for the feedback. Looks like some sanity has been restored over there.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by damoceile: 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2020
Oggg:

4700 or 47000? What did you pay for?

State of origin/identification of origin, it's one of the document needed to process the Nigerian international passport
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by rotile247(m): 4:06pm On Dec 02, 2020
jokeydamson:
Please how do I go about getting the district, postal code and other futures for my state, it is required on the portal for application of the passport.

Check on Google. Just search postal code for (put your location or local govt) same with district

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 02, 2020
Oggg:

Is this ur 1st passport?
yes
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ILuvBreasts: 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2020
I think they should have a customer care or contact number you can use to reach out to them.
I suppose you just did your nin recently prior to the passport registration.thats the cause.
So they helped me contact nimc and it dropped immediately
ruggedcontinues:
Hello bro, pls how do I contact them, can u send their contact to me. How did they resolve your own, what was the issue behind it not dropping? Await ur response. Thanks

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by XRJP: 7:01am On Dec 03, 2020
kenneyyice:

Today has been really stressful and tiring, never planed to go get my international passport today but I did.

I thought about the whole thing again that happened on Friday and got pissed off about their delay then decided to tweet there handler on twitter to know how far if it is ready. Lo and behold after sending in the tweet containing my enrolment number and asking if it was ready I got a call from an officer their informing me that it is ready even snapped it and sent it to my number as proof that it was ready. He instructed me also to go back to twitter and delete my tweet to their handler and correct myself saying that I met the wrong officer when I went there on Friday. See ehn once I got there they were so quick to answer me and even give me my passport refering to me as the twitter boy also told me not to try it again. See if they are doing anyhow for you, just tweet their handler and the rest would be history. What I noticed was that it was ready on that friday and they just wanted to stress the hell out of me even tho I told them that I had to travel from one state to another for it on friday cos I did everything online.

Peace!

It's funny how they all have the same attitude regardless of their location..

I had a similar experience albeit at a different center... I had to go there 3 times before I was able to collect my passport. What made the difference for me was that I was hell-bent on collecting it that day so I wasn't ready for their excuses. I waited for about 2 hours and was already boiling with rage, ready to cause a scene as the officers there were hustling for their clients and totally forgot about everyone else. On a second thought I went to the servicom office, explained myself to a very nice gentleman there, he collected my slip and told my to follow him. He went into a room and told me to wait outside, came out to tell me my passport had been ready before the first date(2 weeks before that day) I went there for collection. I got my passport less than 10mins later.

He explained to me thereafter that anyone who registers with servicom should go to the servicom office first to seek help with collection in order to avoid unnecessary delays and endless posting.

It's their nature to make things hard for anyone who isn't ready to grease their palms.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Trexate: 7:53am On Dec 03, 2020
Hello everyone. If I travel to Lagos to DIY in Ikoyi, is there a guarantee of capturing same day and also when the passport is ready can another person collect it on my behalf?
I'll appreciate our response please.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by popeshemoo(m): 9:35am On Dec 03, 2020
Wonderful bosses on this thread ..
Collected my passport today at ikoyi.. DIY in less than two weeks..
Sharing your stories saved me over 20k
I must also thank my boss dammygoody.. immigrations suppose employ am

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Francon(f): 9:41am On Dec 03, 2020
Oggg:

Go before the date o. Ignore whatever is written on the form.

I'm at Ikoyi office now. I took a new passport 8 copies (N500). The forms I printed were rejected and the business thief printed two pages of what I initially had. (just the processing information missing). I was charged N1000.

They said my interview date as reflected in my doc is 14th Dec. I had to tell them my travel date is 13th night. He gave me a tough time but reconsidered.

I submitted my old passport, the officer in charge said I'll need a national ID card. I'm currently there and they are saying they've closed for the day. Me that came very early.

Every poster keeps saying service is free. But the attitude of the officers are speaking a different language if you try to follow due process. I'm beyond tired
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 03, 2020
Hello All,

Can a change of surname (in the case of a man) be processed at the NIS HQ Abuja or Ikoyi Passport Office? I am strictly following DIY.

I have paid the 30k administrative charge a couple of days ago. Paid online. I saw NIS HQ as the only processing centre during my payment. Is it possible to submit my application letter and other required documents at the Ikoyi Passport Office?

Thank you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by XRJP: 10:14am On Dec 03, 2020
Francon:

I'm at Ikoyi office now. I took a new passport 8 copies (N500). The forms I printed were rejected and the business thief printed two pages of what I initially had. (just the processing information missing). I was charged N1000.

They said my interview date as reflected in my doc is 14th Dec. I had to tell them my travel date is 13th night. He gave me a tough time but reconsidered.

I submitted my old passport, the officer in charge said I'll need a national ID card. I'm currently there and they are saying they've closed for the day. Me that came very early.

Every poster keeps saying service is free. But the attitude of the officers are speaking a different language if you try to follow due process. I'm beyond tired

Did you read previous comments?

Names of "officers to avoid" and "officers to look out for" were specifically mentioned in some posts... Two officers at ikoyi servicom office you should approach for help are
Adamu and Dipo... They tend to be very professional

Another thing is, you should have all your required documents ready, that makes it very hard for them to rip you off...

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 10:37am On Dec 03, 2020
Francon:

U dnt have national id card and u marched to IKOYI.
I have been singing it like song that NATIONAL ID CARD IS COMPULSORY FOR IKOYI, PHC and ABUJA as they are the ones that have started the roll out of the new Enhance E- passport.
Pls na let’s read the thread first.
Pls go to Servicom first, some ppl wrote the names of officers that help there on this thread. U need ur national id card sha..

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 10:39am On Dec 03, 2020
tnota:
Hello All,

Can a change of surname (in the case of a man) be processed at the NIS HQ Abuja or Ikoyi Passport Office? I am strictly following DIY.

I have paid the 30k administrative charge a couple of days ago. Paid online. I saw NIS HQ as the only processing centre during my payment. Is it possible to submit my application letter and other required documents at the Ikoyi Passport Office?

Thank you.
Go on twitter and find out. All centres can do change of name howeevr only after approval has come from HQ. ask the twitter handle about the next steps for you as you have paid. Mention to them that u have paid admin charge and what can you do.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 10:41am On Dec 03, 2020
Trexate:
Hello everyone. If I travel to Lagos to DIY in Ikoyi, is there a guarantee of capturing same day and also when the passport is ready can another person collect it on my behalf?
I'll appreciate our response please.
No one can collect ur ppt on ur behalf.
Why do u want to travel all the way to Lagos to do ppt? All states have immigration offices.. all..
is this ur first passport so we can assist u further by tilting u in the right direction.
Where is ur location
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 10:42am On Dec 03, 2020
LuciferO:
If I'm applying for a passport is it a fresh passport or a standard passport
Fresh passport
Below is the link
https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Trexate: 11:54am On Dec 03, 2020
Okay thank you. I plan coming to Lagos because most of the successful DIY processes I've read on the thread so far were done at Ikoyi office. I'm not sure if NIS Osogbo will not be frustrating if I have to do it myself there.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Trexate: 11:56am On Dec 03, 2020
Oggg:

No one can collect ur ppt on ur behalf.
Why do u want to travel all the way to Lagos to do ppt? All states have immigration offices.. all..
is this ur first passport so we can assist u further by tilting u in the right direction.
Where is ur location

Okay thank you. I plan coming to Lagos because most of the successful DIY processes I've read on the thread so far were done at Ikoyi office. I'm not sure if NIS Osogbo will not be frustrating if I have to do it myself there.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2020
Oggg:

Go on twitter and find out. All centres can do change of name howeevr only after approval has come from HQ. ask the twitter handle about the next steps for you as you have paid. Mention to them that u have paid admin charge and what can you do.

Thank you for your response.

I contacted them via Twitter. No response. Sent an email to their servicom. They responded. I am told to submit an application letter (addressed to the Comptroller General), a printout of 30k administrative fee, sworn affidavit and newspaper publication to the NIS HQ for approval. After obtaining the approval, I can apply for a new passport booklet at some selected passport offices.

My question is if they could allow Nigerians abroad to submit their documents at the Nigeria mission house for onward transmission to the NIS HQ for approval, why can't I be allowed to submit same at Ikoyi Passport Office?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 2:00pm On Dec 03, 2020
Trexate:
No need for that. If u live in Osogbo it’ better to be goin there than to travel all the way and still hve to wait.
U will keep on travelling to and fro before yu collect.
Just make sure all ur print outs are complete.
People have been getting some good reviews from Servicom workers, maybe u will to. Otherwise no one can deny u your right.
My advice is never go for this when u need it urgently.
If u need passport in 1 month, start early. Dnt wait till then.
Is it fresh or renewal?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Trexate: 2:03pm On Dec 03, 2020
Oggg:

No need for that. If u live in Osogbo it’ better to be goin there than to travel all the way and still hve to wait.
People have been getting some good reviews from Servicom workers, maybe u will to. Otherwise no one can deny u your right.
Is it fresh or renewal?

It's fresh. Thanks for your response
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Simba011(m): 3:30pm On Dec 03, 2020
ebim:

Hello, pls did you pay online? If so, how much? Plus online it didn't say if it's for renewal or fresh one? I want renewal. Can I do bank transfer or must it be card? How many days after payment do they ask you to come for capturing? I am free on only one day of the week.

Thanks

Hi
I just collected my passport today but it has been available for over two weeks now but I was not chanced.
I paid 26k lncluding the net post charge.

While filing the application form, just select standard passport and move on. I think there is a place where you will be asked if it is for renewal or new . Yes you can do bank transfer using NIBSS but you have to visit the bank for that I think but not very sure

I captured 1 week after payment and was asked to come for my passport 2weeks after capturing.

Hope this helps
Regards

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 4:11pm On Dec 03, 2020
Trexate:

It's fresh. Thanks for your response
For fresh passport
U need the below after u pay online.
1. 2 passport photograph
2. Black and white abi black and grey paper file( can be bought there for 50 to 100 naira)
3. Letter of identification from Local Government/State of origin or residence or National Identity Card
4. Completed passport application form
5. Completed Guarantors’ form duly signed by a Commissioner for Oaths attached with Photocopy of Data page of Guarantor’s Nigerian ePassport, National Identity Card and one passport sized photograph of the Guarantor;
U will print out the guarantor’s form online. It is linked to your application so google how to print it when u are done with payment or check my other responses for the link.
6. Marriage certificate, where applicable;
7. Birth Certificate or Age Declaration attached with one passport-sized photograph and duly endorsed by a Commissioner for Oaths
8. Acknowledgement slip
9. evidence of payment slip

Amount for non-enhanced passport is 17,800 naira .goodluck

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by oriste(f): 6:00am On Dec 04, 2020
Oggg:

For fresh passport
U need the below after u pay online.
1. 2 passport photograph
2. Black and white abi black and grey paper file( can be bought there for 50 to 100 naira)
3. Letter of identification from Local Government/State of origin or residence or National Identity Card
4. Completed passport application form
5. Completed Guarantors’ form duly signed by a Commissioner for Oaths attached with Photocopy of Data page of Guarantor’s Nigerian ePassport, National Identity Card and one passport sized photograph of the Guarantor;
U will print out the guarantor’s form online. It is linked to your application so google how to print it when u are done with payment or check my other responses for the link.
6. Marriage certificate, where applicable;
7. Birth Certificate or Age Declaration attached with one passport-sized photograph and duly endorsed by a Commissioner for Oaths
8. Acknowledgement slip
9. evidence of payment slip

Amount for non-enhanced passport is 17,800 naira .goodluck

Please for my 4 year old son i can be the guarantor and also where do i get commissioner for oats to sign and again our interview date has passed can we still go please help out
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 04, 2020
Simba011:

Hi
I just collected my passport today but it has been available for over two weeks now but I was not chanced.
I paid 26k lncluding the net post charge.

While filing the application form, just select standard passport and move on. I think there is a place where you will be asked if it is for renewal or new . Yes you can do bank transfer using NIBSS but you have to visit the bank for that I think but not very sure

I captured 1 week after payment and was asked to come for my passport 2weeks after capturing.

Hope this helps
Regards

Thank you. I would like to know if it must be on the day given or can I change it or request for a convenient one

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nickxander11(m): 7:03am On Dec 04, 2020
damoceile:

Hi, pls I need information on requirements and how to get a passport at Abeokuta. I want to kick start the process on January. Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by segedoo(m): 7:50am On Dec 04, 2020
Oggg:

Is it fresh or renewal?

Oggg, you and the other guys here are The BOMB!.
Thanks for serving Nigerians free of charge.

I've attached my convo with an Immigration officer in Osogbo.

I just moved when I saw that he was saying things different from testimonials I was reading on this thread.

I'm about to pay online.
Then head to Lagos (maybe this weekend) because I have other things to do there.
Lemme kill several birds with one stone.

@Trexate

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: Somzee(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.