Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,426 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1440409 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by damoceile: 9:45am On Dec 04, 2020
Nickxander11:

Hi, pls I need information on requirements and how to get a passport at Abeokuta. I want to kick start the process on January. Thanks.

Just drop your question and you will be attended to, you are required to have your NIN, Birth certificate/ declaration of age and state or identification of origin ready before you can start the processing.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by segedoo(m): 10:38am On Dec 04, 2020
Well, i chose Netpay but it prompted me to use bank account option.

I couldn't pay through them because my 10-year old token wasn't functioning.

So, I opted for PayArena.

After all, I see them on ATMs.

WRONG DECISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I paid online using PayArena and got an OTP from GTbank.

Then NIS webpage froze!

No redirection to the next stage. It just froze.

Meanwhile, I had got the attached message from GTBank

I have sent tweets to GTbank, NIS and PayArena and I have also emailed GTB & NIS.

segedoo:

Oggg, you and the other guys here are The BOMB!.
Thanks for serving Nigerians free of charge.

I've attached my convo with an Immigration officer in Osogbo.

I just moved when I saw that he was saying things different from testimonials I was reading on this thread.

I'm about to pay online.
Then head to Lagos (maybe this weekend) because I have other things to do there.
Lemme kill several birds with one stone.

@Trexate

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 11:11am On Dec 04, 2020
segedoo:
Well, i chose Netpay but it prompted me to use bank account option.

I couldn't pay through them because my 10-year old token wasn't functioning.

So, I opted for PayArena.

After all, I see them on ATMs.

WRONG DECISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I paid online using PayArena and got an OTP from GTbank.

Then NIS webpage froze!

No redirection to the next stage. It just froze.

Meanwhile, I had got the attached message from GTBank

I have sent tweets to GTbank, NIS and PayArena and I have also emailed GTB & NIS.

Ah u got otp, did u input it? So u didnt get receipt? Ah. Go to bank branch and label it as dispense error. Why didn't u just use credit card option? I dnt understand.

Usually when u reach the payment place, the system automatically places it on the 1st option there which is what goes through most of the time, no need for you to begin dey choose ur own option.
Pls find ur way to GTB and fill a dispense error form and explain to the staff also so ur money is not lost. Fill that u were wrongfully debited and value was not given.
Try also to log in to ur application and check if the payment perhaps went through.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Oggg: 11:12am On Dec 04, 2020
oriste:

Please for my 4 year old son i can be the guarantor and also where do i get commissioner for oats to sign and again our interview date has passed can we still go please help out
For children u dnt need guarantor. Pls go up and check my other comments for documents required for child application.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by oriste(f): 11:57am On Dec 04, 2020
Thank u so much
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nickxander11(m): 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2020
damoceile:

Just drop your question and you will be attended to, you are required to have your NIN, Birth certificate/ declaration of age and state or identification of origin ready before you can start the processing.

Thanks for your response.
All the documents you mentioned are ready. I want to know
* Total Cost(a breakdown will be appreciated)
* Possibility of getting it the same day (I will be coming from Arepo)
* Glitches one could face so I can avoid them.

Thanks once again.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by SKhanmi: 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2020
segedoo:

..... you and the other guys here are The BOMB!.
Thanks for serving Nigerians free of charge.

I've attached my convo with an Immigration officer in Osogbo.

I just moved when I saw that he was saying things different from testimonials I was reading on this thread.

I'm about to pay online.
Then head to Lagos (maybe this weekend) because I have other things to do there.
Lemme kill several birds with one stone.

Lol, Oshogbo has never been DUI friendly, this your connect even gave you cheaper at 30k, the last time I enquired it was 35k. Lagos is still the best option
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by SKhanmi: 3:06pm On Dec 04, 2020
Nickxander11:

Thanks once again.
Check like 20pages back or type Abeokuta in the search button and choose the travel section. 2 or 3 folks have already done theirs at the Abk Immigration office. It'll be best you arm yourself with their experience. Same day? Wow, Guess you must be ready to pay through your nose then
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Francon(f): 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2020
Thank you all for the help. I tried again today at Ikoyi passport office. Started with the NIN. I was given a number tag. After which we went in for capture. Then NIN slip was printed. I laminated.

I took it to servicom. I was given some papers to photocopy. Iwas also told to photocopy my passport page and the NIN slip I was given.

Proceeded to going to different offices for signatories. Then another capture for the passport reissue. I was told to come back after two weeks. Pls is it possible to get it before then? My travel date is 14th Dec.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nickxander11(m): 4:43pm On Dec 04, 2020
pweedieolamide:
Is Abeokuta immigration office DIY friendly?
Since there's no 1 to answer me,should I just take to fate that its only ikoyi Nis office that's DIY friendly. was thinking of Doing DIY at Abeokuta or ibadan NIS

Hi,
Have you gotten your passport? If yes, did you use Abeokuta?
I intend getting mine in Abeokuta too.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nickxander11(m): 4:52pm On Dec 04, 2020
DabDab:

@ meetme01

Please where is the servicom office located at Abeokuta? My interview date is tomorrow 4th nov and i am a fresh passport applicant.

Hi, have you gotten your passport?
I want to get mine from Abeokuta too and an assistance to from you will be most appreciated.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nickxander11(m): 5:02pm On Dec 04, 2020
Hi guys,
Between NIS alausa and NIS Abeokuta, which is best place(without stress)to go get a passport?
I will be kick off from Arepo.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by meetme01: 5:14pm On Dec 04, 2020
Nickxander11:

Hi, have you gotten your passport?
I want to get mine from Abeokuta too and an assistance to from you will be most appreciated.

Yes. Long time ago
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nickxander11(m): 5:17pm On Dec 04, 2020
meetme01:

Yes. Long time ago

Pls,
* how much did you pay?
* You did it yourself?
* How long did it take?
*What issues can one face during the process?

Your assistance is deeply appreciated.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by meetme01: 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2020
Nickxander11:

Pls,
* how much did you pay?
* You did it yourself?
* How long did it take?
*What issues can one face during the process?

Your assistance is deeply appreciated.

I renewed (As stated on the website)
Yes
8days (evident on date on capturing & printing) but I collected when I had time.
If you don't follow the online rules and few picked up here.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nickxander11(m): 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2020
meetme01:

I renewed (As stated on the website)
Yes
8days (evident on date on capturing & printing) but I collected when I had time.
If you don't follow the online rules and few picked up here.

Okay,thanks alot.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by stanisbaratheon: 10:29pm On Dec 04, 2020
Finally did capturing today after arriving the NIS office @12pm.

Stress is understatement.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by XRJP: 12:20am On Dec 05, 2020
Nickxander11:
Hi guys,
Between NIS alausa and NIS Abeokuta, which is best place(without stress)to go get a passport?
I will be kick off from Arepo.

I presume you mean the Arepo along Lagos-Ibadan expressway; if so then it would be best you opted for NIS Alausa office as it's closer to your location. A straight bus can get you to Secretariat (Alausa). The NIS office is a trekkable distance away from the bus-stop.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by damoceile: 11:52am On Dec 05, 2020
Nickxander11:

Thanks once again.

*After paying the ₦26k online, you can proceed to the office to submit your documents including the guarantor's form, but I'm not sure if they support DIY in Abeokuta.

*The possibility of getting it the same day is not visible cos I learnt there is no booklet there...

*Be prepared to face so many glitches sir
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by segedoo(m): 1:30pm On Dec 05, 2020
Thanks.
I input the OTP.
It is the token I couldn't use with NETpay

I will go there on monday.

Oggg:

Ah u got otp, did u input it? So u didnt get receipt? Ah. Go to bank branch and label it as dispense error. Why didn't u just use credit card option? I dnt understand.

Usually when u reach the payment place, the system automatically places it on the 1st option there which is what goes through most of the time, no need for you to begin dey choose ur own option.
Pls find ur way to GTB and fill a dispense error form and explain to the staff also so ur money is not lost. Fill that u were wrongfully debited and value was not given.
Try also to log in to ur application and check if the payment perhaps went through.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by segedoo(m): 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2020
Yeah. You're right.

So na bargain I even get!

SKhanmi:

Lol, Oshogbo has never been DUI friendly, this your connect even gave you cheaper at 30k, the last time I enquired it was 35k. Lagos is still the best option
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by MiracleMe7: 1:39pm On Dec 05, 2020
Oggg:
https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport/ptype/1By1C
That is the link pls for PASSPORT RENEWAL
Passport type is standard. Pls print or save your application form before proceeding to payment option.
Thank you sir!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nickxander11(m): 5:07pm On Dec 05, 2020
XRJP:

I presume you mean the Arepo along Lagos-Ibadan expressway; if so then it would be best you opted for NIS Alausa office as it's closer to your location. A straight bus can get you to Secretariat (Alausa). The NIS office is a trekkable distance away from the bus-stop.

Thanks.

Pls do they allow "do it yourself in alausa" ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nickxander11(m): 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2020
damoceile:

*After paying the ₦26k online, you can proceed to the office to submit your documents including the guarantor's form, but I'm not sure if they support DIY in Abeokuta.

*The possibility of getting it the same day is not visible cos I learnt there is no booklet there...

*Be prepared to face so many glitches sir

Thanks for your support.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Rhuth: 6:24pm On Dec 05, 2020
Francon:
Thank you all for the help. I tried again today at Ikoyi passport office. Started with the NIN. I was given a number tag. After which we went in for capture. Then NIN slip was printed. I laminated.

I took it to servicom. I was given some papers to photocopy. Iwas also told to photocopy my passport page and the NIN slip I was given.

Proceeded to going to different offices for signatories. Then another capture for the passport reissue. I was told to come back after two weeks. Pls is it possible to get it before then? My travel date is 14th Dec.
Mine took 5 days to get ready,and up till now,I didn't even receive any mail from them that it's ready. I was on the island and just decided to check, and it was ready.
I'd say check in in 7 days. It should be ready
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 6:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
Finally got my International passport.

I paid 35k.

Got it same day.

Naija don corrupt sha
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by damoceile: 7:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
Nickxander11:

Thanks for your support.

You're welcome bro, don't forget to share your experience with us when you start the process.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Don1985: 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2020
Please house, can I be able to renew my international passport at oshogbo immigration office
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by XRJP: 12:25pm On Dec 06, 2020
Nickxander11:

Thanks.

Pls do they allow "do it yourself in alausa" ?

Yeah

Just find your way to the servicom office there. Make sure you go with all the required documents; photocopies and originals, cos that seem to be the major cause of hindrance faced by most people who have had problem(s) plying the DIY route.

Be determined to pay no extra amount to any officer, don't be afraid to politely question/challenge any officer who requests that you pay for services he's employed to deliver and lastly don't look for shortcuts.

Do these and you'd be fine.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nickxander11(m): 4:45pm On Dec 06, 2020
XRJP:

Yeah

Just find your way to the servicom office there. Make sure you go with all the required documents; photocopies and originals, cos that seem to be the major cause of hindrance faced by most people who have had problem(s) plying the DIY route.

Be determined to pay no extra amount to any officer, don't be afraid to politely question/challenge any officer who requests that you pay for services he's employed to deliver and lastly don't look for shortcuts.

Do these and you'd be fine.

Thanks so much I will pay online tomorrow and kick off from there.
I appreciate.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by papabiz(m): 5:37pm On Dec 06, 2020
Please who can help me run international passport in Benin city ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2020
stanisbaratheon:
Finally did capturing today after arriving the NIS office @12pm.

Stress is understatement.
have u got the passport yet

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.