Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (585) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1439271 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Becoted001(m): 10:47pm On Nov 03, 2022
I applied for a passport thru DIY route in July and scheduled my capture appointment for October 17th in Ikoyi. On the day of the appointment, I was given a slip; the collection date was slated for October 26th. How will I know if the passport is ready? Even when I tracked it, it was in production. Will they notify me when the passport is ready?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kumulus(m): 3:14am On Nov 04, 2022
ganiyatsola:
The day I captured, everything was in order. Though, you go dey see some forms of malpractices but I no look eye.

Hello ganiyatsola, I asked for update on your friend who went DIY and got it in Ekiti within five weeks in a previous post but got no response from you. Please tell, is the situation still the same or things changed? I'm starting my application right now and want to pick Osogbo but someone above just complained about same station asking him to come back in two months.

Also to every DIY person in here, do I generate a virtual NIN for the purpose of this registration (expires in 72hrs) or use the issued NIN on the PDF slip I got after registering with NIMC?

I would appreciate a prompt response, thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Iredia1234: 10:13am On Nov 04, 2022
buchito1:
No boss. Next day.
Pls I want to renew my passport ASAP, I need contact of immigration officer in uyo.��
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by JimMumin(m): 11:09am On Nov 04, 2022
Good day, Bro.

I came to open file today. After submitting the files back to those front desk officers, I was asked to go and come back on capturing day.

I told them that I was expecting further processes like account checking and verification but they just bullish-ly asked me to go.
Is that the normal thing? What do you think, pls?

dammywapes:
Note this if you b DIY if u open file finish after like 1hr-2hr make sure u go back to that office u open file to know haffa cos dem no go call u dem go just leave your file for there after dey work on ham. Kna after u carry ham comot where u open file u go take ham to account , d man for account go tell u to com after 30mins then after to verification office to run your interview... .
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tee99(m): 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2022
Tee99:
DIY
Date of capture: 18/08/2022
Time of appointment: 11:00 AM
Time of arrival: 8:20 AM
Time of capture: 11:55 AM
Type: 10 years, 64 pages

Remark:
We have a long way. A female officer that collected my file kept on asking and reminding me that I should pay processing fee and when I rejected she purposely gave me "Minor form" to fill. Since I was not ready to argue I filled it and gave it back to her.

I was later called to approval room and given the right form.
Not too long, I was given another form again, similar to what I just filled and was told is "the back form".

The same woman tried to remind the approval officer that I filled ordinary form (meaning without any officer's recommendations OR sorting) but the approval officer just asked me if I'm sure I filled the right details.

I was called by another officer who asked what was my mode of payment which I answered yet that same lady officer showed up again reminding me that I have not paid for my processing fee, but this time around I simply told her I'm not paying that there's no such thing.

this is only a summary of my ordeal today.

current status: production in progress

Update:
I'm currently at NIS HQ Abuja after over 2 months of capturing. while it's showing that my passport was produced 26th October (probably after worrying them on twitter and mails from early October to October ending), collection point kept saying they can't find it.
Servicom said I should go back to collection point to recheck that it should be there but nothing was found after a second check.
Collection point directed me to production unit.
At the production unit, one of the officers said I should wait for the OC outside (not inside) that he will call me when the OC is around.
Waited for about 10 minutes, then went to Servicom, after a while, Servicom is telling me to come back Monday or anytime next week that it could be that the passport is still at production unit and will get to collection point next week.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dammywapes(m): 1:02pm On Nov 04, 2022
U for no ask since no b your capturing day buh as u open file make sense. After you open file , u take ham to account n verification office?
JimMumin:
Good day, Bro.

I came to open file today. After submitting the files back to those front desk officers, I was asked to go and come back on capturing day.

I told them that I was expecting further processes like account checking and verification but they just bullish-ly asked me to go.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dammywapes(m): 1:05pm On Nov 04, 2022
Those people kna oloriburuku big time dem jus wan ripe u
Tee99:

Update:
I'm currently at NIS HQ Abuja after over 2 months of capturing. while it's showing that my passport was produced 26th October (probably after worrying them on twitter and mails from early October to October ending), collection point kept saying they can't find it.
Servicom said I should go back to collection point to recheck that it should be there but nothing was found after a second check.
Collection point directed me to production unit.
At the production unit, one of the officers said I should wait for the OC outside (not inside) that he will call me when the OC is around.
Waited for about 10 minutes, then went to Servicom, after a while, Servicom is telling me to come back Monday or anytime next week that it could be that the passport is still at production unit and will get to collection point next week.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by orikzz(m): 1:09pm On Nov 04, 2022
Captured jun 17
Collected nov 4
Alausa office

If your collection date is from August backwards, your passport is definitely ready

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by JimMumin(m): 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2022
No, I didn't take it there.
They just collected It and asked me to go

dammywapes:
U for no ask since no b your capturing day buh as u open file make sense. After you open file , u take ham to account n verification office?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Adezworld(m): 2:24pm On Nov 04, 2022
OK
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pufframmy: 3:23pm On Nov 04, 2022
ACCOUNT CHECKING FOR WHAT?

JimMumin:
Good day, Bro.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by fizcoo20(m): 3:26pm On Nov 04, 2022
Rasaq007:
yes you will get them captured for NIN

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Leiy: 5:38pm On Nov 04, 2022
I will appreciate if someone here can please share the contact of a reliable passport officer or agent preferably either in Ibadan or Akure or any other southwest state that can expedite the passport renewal processing for me as my last contact person's number is no longer going through.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by JimMumin(m): 6:17pm On Nov 04, 2022
I read something like that.
Probably, record checking or so

pufframmy:

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dammywapes(m): 3:58am On Nov 05, 2022
JimMumin:
No, I didn't take it there.
They just collected It and asked me to go

No worries bros , On your day of capturing just go to that office u put your file tell dem that day b your capturing date dem go release d file give u if dem neva carry ham go account kna after account b verification which is interview n las las u meet servicom pple for your capturing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dammywapes(m): 3:59am On Nov 05, 2022
pufframmy:

That payment u pay online dem go confirm ham if u b DIY or not. d account nor dey take time max 30mins.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dammywapes(m): 4:02am On Nov 05, 2022
Team DIY , I dey track ham online everyday grin captured date 1/11/22.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dammywapes(m): 4:09am On Nov 05, 2022
DIY applicants note this , on your day of capturing make sure say uno comot say u go cm d following day o cos if u do u don give dem edge to rip u dem go tell u say y uno capture d date wey dey ur appointment slip. On your capture date dem no go answer u quick cos dem go dey attend to arrangee applicant. E go reach stage wey b say u go dey see those officers dey change clothes say dem don close no comot o stay where dem say make u stay dem go later call u in dem no fit postpone your capture date if u don do all d necessary like opening file , account process n verification (interview) base on my experience in Ibadan immigration office.

7 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dammywapes(m): 4:17am On Nov 05, 2022
Dem go dey scope u say service nor dey kna Lamba o or make dem tell u say kna pple wey enter dey cos delay kna lamba no dull ham sit do your capture
dammywapes:
DIY applicants note this , on your day of capturing make sure say uno comot say u go cm d following day o cos if u do u don give dem edge to ripe u dem go tell u say y uno capture d date wey dey ur appointment slip. On your capture date dem no go answer u quick cos dem go dey attend to arrangee applicant. E go reach stage wey b say u go dey see those officers dey change clothes say dem don close no comot o stay where dem say make u stay dem go later call u in dem no fit postpone your capture date if u don do all d necessary like opening file , account process n verification (interview) base on my experience in Ibadan immigration office.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by NozinoGroup: 5:38am On Nov 05, 2022
kumulus:

Hello ganiyatsola, I asked for update on your friend who went DIY and got it in Ekiti within five weeks in a previous post but got no response from you. Please tell, is the situation still the same or things changed? I'm starting my application right now and want to pick Osogbo but someone above just complained about same station asking him to come back in two months.

Also to every DIY person in here, do I generate a virtual NIN for the purpose of this registration (expires in 72hrs) or use the issued NIN on the PDF slip I got after registering with NIMC?

I would appreciate a prompt response, thanks.

This may be harsh but I’m going to say it the way it is!! Rest !!! Oversabi.

Since you’ve been here, has anyone mentioned virtual NIN? Hasn’t hundreds of people mentioned NIN? Haven’t we advised and sort to correct NIN mistakes ?? People like you must over do. I’m certain you also use virtual NIN in banks and you generated a virtual NIN to link your sim. Oversabi!

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Chevrolet076(m): 6:33am On Nov 05, 2022
Chevrolet076:
Good evening everyone, I want to begin my passport registration and I am at a cross road here

I want to know which state is better for capturing and getting one's passport on time among Lagos, Ogun State, Osun state and Ibadan. Kwara state too might be possible.

I need your advice based on experience

Good evening everyone, I want to begin my passport registration and I am at a cross road here

I want to know which state is better for capturing and getting one's passport on time among Lagos, Ogun State, Osun state and Ibadan. Kwara state too might be possible.

I need your advice based on experience
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kelmicheal: 8:34am On Nov 05, 2022
dammywapes:
Team DIY , I dey track ham online everyday grin captured date 1/11/22.

Haba relax it's not possible for DIY applicants to get it in 4 days
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Yemd: 8:39am On Nov 05, 2022
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dammywapes(m): 8:40am On Nov 05, 2022
kelmicheal:

Haba relax it's not possible for DIY applicants to get it in 4 days
sure me self no dey expect ham for 4 days grin
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kelmicheal: 8:40am On Nov 05, 2022
dammywapes:
DIY applicants note this , on your day of capturing make sure say uno comot say u go cm d following day o cos if u do u don give dem edge to ripe u dem go tell u say y uno capture d date wey dey ur appointment slip. On your capture date dem no go answer u quick cos dem go dey attend to arrangee applicant. E go reach stage wey b say u go dey see those officers dey change clothes say dem don close no comot o stay where dem say make u stay dem go later call u in dem no fit postpone your capture date if u don do all d necessary like opening file , account process n verification (interview) base on my experience in Ibadan immigration office.

They can't ask you that Dem no born them well.

I missed my capturing date due to work schedules then I eventually went for capturing 2 weeks after I don't even spend 1 naira that day.
I went to my center 11 am and I left 2 pm after capturing despite the huge crowds
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Skywypdotcom(f): 1:38pm On Nov 05, 2022
Hi DIY guys and everyone else, which is the correct NIS website to apply for new passport or renewal online, please? I can see two now, one is tagged old site and the other is said to be new.

Also, whats the procedure now: I meant to say, after filling the forms and ending it, Is it a must to make payment online or can I just go ahead and book an appointment?

I just finished the application and didnt pay on the new site, and i tried to book an appointment and it is complaining wrong ref and app number. Why is this please for those DIY or do I need to make payment first before appointment can work?

Appreciate all your contributions.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sakieja(f): 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2022
You have to make payment first before proceeding to appointment booking.

Skywypdotcom:
Hi DIY guys and everyone else, which is the correct NIS website to apply for new passport or renewal online, please? I can see two now, one is tagged old site and the other is said to be new.

Also, whats the procedure now: I meant to say, after filling the forms and ending it, Is it a must to make payment online or can I just go ahead and book an appointment?

I just finished the application and didnt pay on the new site, and i tried to book an appointment and it is complaining wrong ref and app number. Why is this please for those DIY or do I need to make payment first before appointment can work?

Appreciate all your contributions.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Leiy: 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2022
Leiy:
I will appreciate if someone here can please share the contact of a reliable passport officer or agent preferably either in Ibadan or Akure or any other southwest state that can expedite the passport renewal processing for me as my last contact person's number is no longer going through.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone please?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Abidecdrock(m): 7:35pm On Nov 05, 2022
I made payment for renewal today but got Dec 20 as capturing date
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by highchiefpee(m): 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2022
How did you later sort this appointment printout issue am facing the same issue nw
jideflash:
Greetings good people, my wife and I went the DIY route and choose Shagamu center for processing. Now today is suppose to be her bio capture date, but we cant find any document to show the appointment date selected. All we have is our paid application form and receipt. is there a way to confirm our appointment. when i tried the passport Application Tracking, i got the screenshot below. Also upon checking the portal, it shows i should book appointment, with available date now showing february. when i tried to reschedule, it says "booking not found".

Does all this mean i have to book afresh again? cry
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kumulus(m): 8:06pm On Nov 05, 2022
NozinoGroup:

This may be harsh but I’m going to say it the way it is!! Rest !!! Oversabi.

Since you’ve been here, has anyone mentioned virtual NIN? Hasn’t hundreds of people mentioned NIN? Haven’t we advised and sort to correct NIN mistakes ?? People like you must over do. I’m certain you also use virtual NIN in banks and you generated a virtual NIN to link your sim. Oversabi!

You really had to be hard on yourself? I saw your post earlier in the morning and didn't want to reply you after seeing how you represented in your previous posts but changed my mind, I had a concern and put it out there, having not done the registration nor used the NIN for anything before now. I saw there's a different number displayed on the NIMC app as doc number compared to the one on the PDF and thought it best to ask.

In all your wisdom sir, you failed to answer a simple question but thanks anyways.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Silencerh(m): 8:18pm On Nov 05, 2022
Thank you so much, I really appreciate �.

freshbillz15:

Well , if you are a DIY applicant you need to go there very early in the morning and get number , at the point of capturing they will ask for your correct Nin number and it will be corrected but in my case I didn’t go there very early I need to bribe myself in before they allow me to capture

(1) (2) (3) ... (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: victory148(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.