Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,941 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1443017 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by abbeywasc(m): 9:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
ijaola:
Good evening guys

My capture date is tomorrow. For those who know sagamu centre, what time would you advice me to get there?

Do I need passport photograph, I have other documents has it is listed on my appointment.

Any quick advice on what to do when I get there tomorrow

Thanks

Please share ur experience after

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chinelo87(f): 5:11am On Jan 18, 2023
phlakkeys:

Also, do we need consent letter for them and how do we get sample?

Please, someone experienced should help.
I will update the house too as soon as my children are captured.

Please I need a response to this too
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by abbeywasc(m): 6:40am On Jan 18, 2023
Someone shared this on earlier pages

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by CornOak(m): 10:00am On Jan 18, 2023
ijaola:
Good evening guys

My capture date is tomorrow. For those who know sagamu centre, what time would you advice me to get there?

Do I need passport photograph, I have other documents has it is listed on my appointment.

Any quick advice on what to do when I get there tomorrow

Thanks

1. The ideal time to arrive there is 7:00 - 7:30am so you can register at the gate and be the first set of people they will call.

2. Yes, you need 2 passport photographs but you can carry 4. If you didn't go with it, you can easily make some at the gate.

3. The passport office is not as crowded as other offices. They are fast and friendly as well.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ijaola(m): 10:17am On Jan 18, 2023
Got here past 7. Snap passport photograph and bought file..

Was told to pay compulsory 6k but I later parted with 3k.

They haven't call me yet still. The official said they would call me.

Just wait under the shed with tge sun facing me.

CornOak:

1. The ideal time to arrive there is 7:00 - 7:30am so you can register at the gate and be the first set of people they will call.

2. Yes, you need 2 passport photographs but you can carry 4. If you didn't go with it, you can easily make some at the gate.

3. The passport office is not as crowded as other offices. They are fast and friendly as well.

Good luck.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by CornOak(m): 10:49am On Jan 18, 2023
ijaola:

Just wait under the shed with the sun facing me.

The 6k they requested is meant for what?

It will eventually get to your turn.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by PrinceFola(m): 11:12am On Jan 18, 2023
ijaola:

Just wait under the shed with tge sun facing me.

6k for what now Na wa for some centers. It wasn't like this when i did mine days ago for osogbo office.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ijaola(m): 11:23am On Jan 18, 2023
No mind them. They said compulsory processing fee. I laugh within. But part way with 3k.

The man said those that has come before to open file are the one been attended to first. My files has to go through different tables before my name will be called.

To those going for capturing, make sure u have passport photograph with you. I snap for 1k. And I bought their blank useless file for 500.

I have been called to and attended to at the first phase now, 11:15am. I am told to wait outside for further instruction.

PrinceFola:
6k for what now Na wa for some centers. It wasn't like this when i did mine days ago for osogbo office.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ijaola(m): 11:25am On Jan 18, 2023
No mind them. They said compulsory processing fee. I laugh within. But part way with 3k.

The man said those that has come before to open file are the one been attended to first. My files has to go through different tables before my name will be called.

To those going for capturing, make sure u have passport photograph with you. I snap for 1k. And I bought their blank useless file for 500.

I have been called to and attended to at the first phase now, 11:15am. I am told to wait outside for further instruction.

One this about this centre is some people captured last week and their passport are out already. I don't know if they pay for that though.

CornOak:

The 6k they requested is meant for what?

It will eventually get to your turn.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by azelab: 1:09pm On Jan 18, 2023
deejay123:
Please do anyone have an idea of the month Abeokuta NIS is currently issuing. I took my capture on the 12th of December. Thanks!

I discussed with someone and the person said they will finish November production by this weekend. I.e by this Saturday.

So for December, I would advise you to check it by first week in February.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by scopilad: 1:29pm On Jan 18, 2023
azelab:

I discussed with someone and the person said they will finish November production by this weekend. I.e by this Saturday.

Please who knows the production month that Ikoyi is now . I captured 23rd November 2022
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by PrinceFola(m): 2:16pm On Jan 18, 2023
ijaola:

Okay oh... Sorry! That's our Naija for us. God no go shame us

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ijaola(m): 2:55pm On Jan 18, 2023
Well got to the centre before 7:30.

I had passport photograph with me but I just decided to snap and I was charge 1k for 8. The woman that snapped the passport for me said they won't accept the with file with me. I bought a brown one from her for 500. Very expensive.

I proceed to the gate, we were allowed to enter according to our arrival. I was giving a tally of #10. Then the man who gave me the tally said I will have to pay a compulsory administration fee, I smiled within myself. I do away with 3k. I sat down. And they brought the file, my name wasn't called (hmm, I sha know say I go capture today, can't miss work and won't still capture.)

Then the officer said if you are billed for today and ur name is not mentioned, go to servicom. I got to servicom and explain myself, the officer ask me who did it for me and I said I did it online. He looked at me and I responded I already see an officer. He said I should meet the officer I saw. I went to the officer and he said I should chill. That they will call my name.

I waited for another long period, names were been called and my name wasn't called. I work up to the officer again and he said I should çhill. Those been called have been here before and their files have passed through all the required offices/tables.

My name was eventually called pass 11. Went to an office. Signed and passport collected from Mr. Was told to wait till outside. I was later called for capturing room around 12:31pm. I waited patiently for my turn. I capture and left the facility exactly 1:02pm.

Was told passport will be ready in 2-3weeks. But on the slip give to me. Collection is on the 23rd of January.

A lot people I saw there actually paid agent to run the whole thing.

Thank you all on this forum for been helpful. This forum gave me confidence to pursue this DIY.

Total money spent is 29k

abbeywasc:

Please share ur experience after

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by protonz(m): 2:55pm On Jan 18, 2023
My Oshogbo people have been really quite, whats happening biko. What month are dey on now

Cc: kangalye have you gotten your finally??

Cc: Microlincoln

Cc: Jeremy123
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by deejay123: 10:10pm On Jan 18, 2023
Thank you. But do they print the passport according to the alphabetical surname?
azelab:

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Micholo5(m): 6:14am On Jan 19, 2023
ijaola:
Well got to the centre before 7:30.

I had passport photograph with me but I just decided to snap and I was charge 1k for 8. The woman that snapped the passport for me said they won't accept the with file with me. I bought a brown one from her for 500. Very expensive.

I proceed to the gate, we were allowed to enter according to our arrival. I was giving a tally of #10. Then the man who gave me the tally said I will have to pay a compulsory administration fee, I smiled within myself. I do away with 3k. I sat down. And they brought the file, my name wasn't called (hmm, I sha know say I go capture today, can't miss work and won't still capture.)

Then the officer said if you are billed for today and ur name is not mentioned, go to servicom. I got to servicom and explain myself, the officer ask me who did it for me and I said I did it online. He looked at me and I responded I already see an officer. He said I should meet the officer I saw. I went to the officer and he said I should chill. That they will call my name.

I waited for another long period, names were been called and my name wasn't called. I work up to the officer again and he said I should çhill. Those been called have been here before and their files have passed through all the required offices/tables.

My name was eventually called pass 11. Went to an office. Signed and passport collected from Mr. Was told to wait till outside. I was later called for capturing room around 12:31pm. I waited patiently for my turn. I capture and left the facility exactly 1:02pm.

Was told passport will be ready in 2-3weeks. But on the slip give to me. Collection is on the 23rd of January.

A lot people I saw there actually paid agent to run the whole thing.

Thank you all on this forum for been helpful. This forum gave me confidence to pursue this DIY.

Total money spent is 29k

How many copies of each document is required for submission?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Legitmenaija: 6:27am On Jan 19, 2023
Hello house good morning.

Please how do i get 10years passport in ABUJA?

And also for 5years express how much do they charge?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 8:00am On Jan 19, 2023
The Nigerian Government has announced the launch of a Passport Complaints Form to enable Nigerians to get top-notch service, both within and outside the country.

This was announced in a statement by the Nigerian Immigration Service on Wednesday afternoon.

According to the statement, complaints received by the service would be treated with the utmost urgency.

The NIS further stated that the launch was borne out of the need to keep track of and follow through with the numerous issues experienced by Nigerians while trying to obtain the Standard Nigerian Passport. Part of the statement said:

1. This way, while we seek to improve our service delivery process, the data garnered would help our “internal machinery” in ensuring that Nigerians get top-notch service; both within and outside the country.

2. Complaints received via the filling of this form would be treated with the utmost urgency that is required. We emphasize that NO Nigerian must have to go through hell in getting their passport. We see and hear you, loud and clear.

https://nairametrics.com/2023/01/18/fg-launches-passport-complaints-form-to-improve-service-delivery/

Nigeria Passport Application Complaints Form
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc4YqEh0g9KHsYhy53xVSewJoMjSpq2_lYrD_5kGnU79t0-Ug/viewform

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ijaola(m): 8:11am On Jan 19, 2023
I went with 2 copies but they took only one of the appointment letter and 2 of the payment slip. Application letter was set aside from the document. Likely not needed.

Micholo5:

How many copies of each document is required for submission?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 9:57am On Jan 19, 2023
phlakkeys:

Also, do we need consent letter for them and how do we get sample?

Please, someone experienced should help.
I will update the house too as soon as my children are captured.

(1) Copy of National Identification Number (NIN)

(2) Copy of Online Application Form, signed and dated (Fresh Applicants only)

(3) Copy of Payment Confirmation Slip

(4) Copy of Acknowledgement Slip

(5) Signed letter of authorization from BOTH PARENTS – signatures should match the signatures on their respective passports and names should match those on the child’s birth certificate

(6) Copy of parents’ passports (Data Page)

(7) Copy of the child’s birth certificate

Note: In case where only the mother appears on the birth certificate, she will have to present an affidavit from the court that she has full custody of the child/children.

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by azelab: 10:35am On Jan 19, 2023
deejay123:
Thank you. But do they print the passport according to the alphabetical surname?

No at all but from his explanation, it is according to the capturing number .
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by CROBBOY(m): 12:11pm On Jan 19, 2023
geedimple:
Waoh. Please how much did it cost you? If I was to get for myself and two kids.

I paid 45k for 5 years of 32 pages; this was after moving round the entire Ikoyi's office and confirming that it couldn't be done lesser.

5 years of 64 pages was 65k and 10 years of 65 pages was approximately 100k.

I hope this is not coming too late.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dayhorla: 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2023
Alausa passport office showed me pepper yesterday before I collected my passport. We were on the queue outside their compound for hours because the halls were full. If you captured before Nov 5th, your passport is most likely ready unless you had NIN issues. Heard the new method for collection is to give people with Last name starting with A & O on Monday,Wednesday and Friday. The other days are for other alphabets(i don't understand this too)

Capture; 18th Oct
Issued; 8th December
Collection; 18th Jan
Mind you, I was at their office Dec 14 and was told my passport was UP only for me to see the issue date. I'm just glad I'm done with that.

Quick question please, does anyone have an idea of how to re-print appointment slip if lost? I want to reprint for my nephew, I've search all over that portal and all I'm getting is to reschedule appointment.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Badabada(m): 12:38pm On Jan 19, 2023
Pls, does this mean the both parents need to have international passport b4 one can do for is son?

What abt the situation whereby only d father have an international passport, cant I consent to my son alone? Thanks

ekitimanalways:

(5) Signed letter of authorization from BOTH PARENTS – signatures should match the signatures on their respective passports and names should match those on the child’s birth certificate

Note: In case where only the mother appears on the birth certificate, she will have to present an affidavit from the court that she has full custody of the child/children.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by phlakkeys(f): 1:28pm On Jan 19, 2023
ekitimanalways:

Thank you very much for this.
I so much appreciate.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by phlakkeys(f): 1:32pm On Jan 19, 2023
Dayhorla:

Alausa passport office showed me pepper yesterday before I collected my passport. We were on the queue outside their compound for hours because the halls were full. If you captured before Nov 5th, your passport is most likely ready unless you had NIN issues. Heard the new method for collection is to give people with Last name starting with A & O on Monday,Wednesday and Friday. The other days are for other alphabets(i don't understand this too)

Capture; 18th Oct
Issued; 8th December
Collection; 18th Jan
Mind you, I was at their office Dec 14 and was told my passport was UP only for me to see the issue date. I'm just glad I'm done with that.

Quick question please, does anyone have an idea of how to re-print appointment slip if lost? I want to reprint for my nephew, I've search all over that portal and all I'm getting is to reschedule appointment.
Click on book appointment, enter your ID and ref number, select next, and pick any date and your old appointment slip will come up for printing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dayhorla: 2:53pm On Jan 19, 2023
phlakkeys:

Click on book appointment, enter your ID and ref number, select next, and pick any date and your old appointment slip will come up for printing

Really? Thanks. I didn't know, I thought the new date will overwrite the old one once I select date and time
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Abubanty: 3:37pm On Jan 19, 2023
Dayhorla:

Capture; 18th Oct
Issued; 8th December
Collection; 18th Jan

Thanks for the update. Pls does it mean that ppl with other alphabet won't be attended too if they don't go in the right day. My surname start with H and I was planning on going tomorrow Friday.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Dayhorla: 4:24pm On Jan 19, 2023
Abubanty:

Thanks for the update. Pls does it mean that ppl with other alphabet won't be attended too if they don't go in the right day. My surname start with H and I was planning on going tomorrow Friday.

I really can't say but if you're there early enough before it gets crowded, they might attend to you. The method doesn't even make sense to me and personally I wouldn't have left that queue even if my name starts with another alphabet but thankfully it starts with A. To be sincere though, all the names I heard started with A & O but who knows with NIS people
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Abubanty: 4:38pm On Jan 19, 2023
Dayhorla:

I really can't say but if you're there early enough before it gets crowded, they might attend to you. The method doesn't even make sense to me and personally I wouldn't have left that queue even if my name starts with another alphabet but thankfully it starts with A. To be sincere though, all the names I heard started with A & O but who knows with NIS people

Thanks, really appreciate the response. Are they saying na A & O plenty pass. I would probably wait till Tuesday, I am not ready to start dragging with anyone.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Micholo5(m): 5:57pm On Jan 19, 2023
Dayhorla:

Capture; 18th Oct
Issued; 8th December
Collection; 18th Jan

Kai. I thought they said Alausa is friendly to DIYs.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Micholo5(m): 6:03pm On Jan 19, 2023
PrinceFola:
Yes, someone that has passport

A vailid one?
My aspiring guarantor has expired, can he still be used as guarantor?

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.