Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (668) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1435353 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by WpressBeginner: 11:20am On Mar 13, 2023
Abdullah36:

I just received a call that my passport is ready. I think may be the glitch is connected to the production. Nevertheless, I'm on my way to check.

When did u capture
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Abdullah36(m): 11:41am On Mar 13, 2023
WpressBeginner:

When did u capture
Feb 01
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by PrinceFola(m): 11:44am On Mar 13, 2023
Abdullah36:

I just received a call that my passport is ready. I think may be the glitch is connected to the production. Nevertheless, I'm on my way to check.
wow!!! This is lovely! Which state please?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Abdullah36(m): 12:20pm On Mar 13, 2023
PrinceFola:
wow!!! This is lovely! Which state please?
Kano state

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DealMogul(m): 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2023
Dralin:
45K I did through A Friend and he had some steps bypassed with the money.

Sorry to burst your bubble but no steps were bypassed with any money. Your "friend" used the extra 20k to flex on Friday TGIF

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sakieja(f): 1:01pm On Mar 13, 2023
Hello house, please what could be happen here?I captured in November last year at Osogbo NIS(DIY)I went there last month to confirm it's ready but I was told that my passport is yet to ready that since the day of capture nothing as been done.out of anger I ask for their PCO which I was later directed to servicom where I vetted my anger on them.i was ask to calm down that when did I really need the passport I said now.the lady promised me this month and she asked me to lodge my complain in there book and drop a photocopy of my enrollment form which I did.i usually track my passport .it usually passport production in progress.but when I checked it today this what I saw.please help

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by PrinceFola(m): 1:03pm On Mar 13, 2023
Abdullah36:

Kano state
Okay..
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by PrinceFola(m): 1:05pm On Mar 13, 2023
sakieja:
Hello house, please what could be happen here?I captured in November last year at Osogbo NIS(DIY)I went there last month to confirm it's ready but I was told that my passport is yet to ready that since the day of capture nothing as been done.out of anger I ask for their PCO which I was later directed to servicom where I vetted my anger on them.i was ask to calm down that when did I really need the passport I said now.the lady promised me this month and she asked me to lodge my complain in there book and drop a photocopy of my enrollment form which I did.i usually track my passport .it usually passport production in progress.but when I checked it today this what I saw.please help
You're not alone sis, I'm experiencing this also.... Osogbo, DIY captured January 16th.. I just hope it is technical error.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sakieja(f): 1:10pm On Mar 13, 2023
Okay,thank you so much

PrinceFola:
You're not alone sis, I'm experiencing this also.... Osogbo, DIY captured January 16th.. I just hope it is technical error.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by PrinceFola(m): 1:16pm On Mar 13, 2023
sakieja:

Okay,thank you so much

You're welcome.

Let's hope they fix it ASAP.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Reelz: 2:40pm On Mar 13, 2023
Abdullah36:
Just recieved my passport
captured Feb 01
Issued Feb 18
Collected Today March 13 at farm center kano
Spend 25500 + 200(court stamp) + 3000 (processing fee for DIY)

Which state.office did u process it.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by femijay8271(m): 2:40pm On Mar 13, 2023
Yhemitz:
Collected mine yesterday in Ibadan centre. After months oooo

Please what month did you captured?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jennifernl: 3:44pm On Mar 13, 2023
I've been tracking my passport application since I captured 16th of January, and I was just at the last stage of the application.
Lo and behold I checked today, and it was at the very beginning stage again.
Please I don't know what's happening
Ekitimanalways

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by mrsglo: 4:13pm On Mar 13, 2023
Hello Guys, how do I pay the 25k for passport application? I want to pay via bank transfer or ussd if possible. Which of the options available is more suitable for me? I do not have a working debit card at the moment.
The application is my for kids.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Abdullah36(m): 4:29pm On Mar 13, 2023
Reelz:

Which state.office did u process it.
Farm center office Kano state

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 5:04pm On Mar 13, 2023
Jennifernl:
I've been tracking my passport application since I captured 16th of January, and I was just at the last stage of the application.
Ekitimanalways
It is a temporary technical glitch. I am sure NIS is working to correct it. You are not alone.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pufframmy: 5:48pm On Mar 13, 2023
same here with mine i even track someone who have collected and showing same too I think it from their end

Jennifernl:
Ekitimanalways
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Smartonyeka: 6:40pm On Mar 13, 2023
Good evening friend,
Please for our little ones (from nigeria) that were born in the state, will they accept their American birth certificate to process their Nigerian passport??

Pls help a mama

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 6:51pm On Mar 13, 2023
Smartonyeka:
Good evening friend,
Please for our little ones (from nigeria) that were born in the state, will they accept their American birth certificate to process their Nigerian passport??

Pls help a mama
Yes. One of the parents must be a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 6:54pm On Mar 13, 2023
Technical glitch... NIS should resolve it soon.
Jennifernl:
Ekitimanalways
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by semid4lyfe(m): 7:15pm On Mar 13, 2023
Phew!

I've had a really long day and I'm just getting back home from the Abakaliki Passport Office (Ebonyi State) where I took my kids for their Biometrics and Capturing.

Strictly DIY and though my kids were captured, the experience today wasn't a pleasant one.

Let me just drop the requirements for DIY passport application for minors at the Abakaliki Passport Office, Ebonyi State with some observations.

Requirements for Passport Application for Minors at the Abakaliki Passport Office

1. Photocopy of data page of both parents passports.
2.LGA Letter of Identification of the child's father
3. National Population Commission Birth certificate of child
4. NIN Printout of child
5. Consent form filled by both parents
6.Two passport photographs of child
7. Two passport photographs of father
8. Two passport photographs of mother
9. Marriage certificate of the parents
10. Application Details Printout
11. Appointment Slip
12. Payment receipt
13. Completed Bio-data form for child

Observations

🔶Letter of Consent written & signed by a parent or both parents is not required in the Abakaliki Passport Office. I wrote for my kids but the officer processing their files pulled out the LOC and binned them. Thereafter, he gave me the NIS Consent form for wifey and I to complete

🔶Completed and stamped Guarantor's form not
required for minors.

🔶White office flat file no longer required. Abakaliki Passport Office now uses the NIS branded/customised brown files.

🔶Original of all supporting documents like LGA letter of identification, birth certificates, marriage certificate must be sighted..... and be prepared to answer some questions to prove their authenticity/. For instance, when rifling through my kids supporting documents, the processing officer asked me the DOB of my kids, their middle names, the maiden name of my wife, the date, venue of our registry wedding., and the headquarters of my LGA. The questions caught me off guard but I composed myself and answered correctly.

In summary, Abakaliki Passport Office is out to frustrate online applicants/DIYers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Smartonyeka: 7:37pm On Mar 13, 2023
Thanks a lot
ekitimanalways:

Yes. One of the parents must be a Nigerian.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 9:46pm On Mar 13, 2023
The Federal Government has approved three categories of fees by Nigerians for verification of their National Identity Numbers (NIN) for speedy procession of their passports.
The new arrangement, which would take effect from April 1, was in furtherance of the directive by the government to streamline passport application, renewal and issuance processes.

Nigerians seeking to obtain such verification at home would henceforth pay N1000 those within African countries would pay $5 and those from other countries would pay $15.

https://thenationonlineng.net/fg-approves-nin-verification-fees-for-passports/
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Moji12(f): 9:57pm On Mar 13, 2023
ekitimanalways:

State of origin certificate is required for fresh applicants who are adults. Ma'am, your husband does not need to present state of origin certificate since he is a renewal applicant.

REQUIREMENTS FOR YOUR KIDS

Completed online application form.

Online payment receipt.

Online acknowledgment slip.

Birth Certificate.

Photocopy of parents' passport data page.

Letter of consent from both parents (valid

court order if one parent is unavailable).

One or two colour passport photograph(s).
The passport photograph(s) must be signed on reverse side by consenting parents.

Photocopy of parents' NIN slip.
Please can driver's licence go in lieu of the NIN slip?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Iseoluwani: 10:02pm On Mar 13, 2023
Yhemitz:
Collected mine yesterday in Ibadan centre. After months oooo

Aw many months after capture.

My capture date is 15/5 in 2months time.

What were the docs you took along pls?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Iseoluwani: 10:22pm On Mar 13, 2023
ekitimanalways:

Local Government letter of identification or State of Origin Certificate. Original and photocopy.

Birth certificate (if you're born after 1992) / Age declaration (if you're born before 1992). Original and photocopy.

2 recent colour passport photographs
Payment receipt. Original and photocopy

NIN slip. Original and photocopy.
Acknowledgement slip. Original and photocopy

Photocopy of data page of guarantor's valid international passport.

Photocopy of guarantor's NIN slip

White file (for fresh applicants). Please note that the brown file is for renewal applicants.

You will be able to have access to the guarantor's form when you pay the application fee either at the banks approved by NIS or online. Only one person is mandated to sign the guarantor's form. It could be a family member or a friend.

M unable to print the guarantor form
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by semid4lyfe(m): 10:35pm On Mar 13, 2023
Deleted
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by semid4lyfe(m): 10:36pm On Mar 13, 2023
Deleted
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ishilove: 10:38pm On Mar 13, 2023
semid4lyfe:
Deleted
Why you delete am?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by semid4lyfe(m): 10:50pm On Mar 13, 2023
Ishilove:

Why you delete am?

Ishi, long time... how you dey?

Triplicate posts same as my previous post. Wanted to modify the post but mistakenly clicked quote instead of modify. (Na sleep cause am)
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Yhemitz: 1:20am On Mar 14, 2023
Iseoluwani:

Aw many months after capture.

My capture date is 15/5 in 2months time.

What were the docs you took along pls?

Like three months oooo.
Just the single paper given to us after capturing

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Yhemitz: 1:21am On Mar 14, 2023
femijay8271:

Please what month did you captured?
December 09

(1) (2) (3) ... (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) (671) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.