Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,901 members, 7,821,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:49 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (675) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1443982 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by WpressBeginner: 11:41pm On Mar 24, 2023
solaiphones:

Hope you have been able to collect yours now

Nooo....mine till may ... Called my agent, he said dey are almost done with dec printing, by next month it is Jan passport
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Simplyfun: 12:36am On Mar 25, 2023
I was born in the early 80s. Which means I can use both attestation or affidavit if I get you right sir?

Affidavit of birth would do if only you're born before 1992. Get the attestation of a birth. The attestation of a birth certificate has the same legal effect as the birth certificate. The first step is to visit the NPC ( National Population Commission) office and request for the data form for attestation of the certificate for those born from 1992.
[/quote]
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 7:44am On Mar 25, 2023
Simplyfun:
I was born in the early 80s. Which means I can use both attestation or affidavit if I get you right sir?

Affidavit of birth would do if only you're born before 1992. Get the attestation of a birth. The attestation of a birth certificate has the same legal effect as the birth certificate. The first step is to visit the NPC ( National Population Commission) office and request for the data form for attestation of the certificate for those born from 1992.
You were born in the early 80s? Use affidavit of birth from a High Court in lieu of attestation of a birth certificate.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IceQween(f): 9:15am On Mar 25, 2023
Where you able to find out if your passport is ready now? @kolawolemonsuru

Please who have any idea the month Festac center is producing now? I captured on the 7th of February.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TopeQs: 1:28pm On Mar 25, 2023
ekitimanalways:

Can I use declaration of age as I was born after 1992? My name on my NPC birth certificate was spelt wrong so I've been using declaration of age from court ever since.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by crowther15(m): 1:54pm On Mar 25, 2023
TopeQs:

Can I use declaration of age as I was born after 1992? My name on my NPC birth certificate was spelt wrong so I've been using declaration of age from court ever since.
Go ahead and use it. Affidavit is not limited to any age.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Girlieo(f): 4:02pm On Mar 25, 2023
Please, does anyone know the month they are currently producing at osogbo office?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 4:15pm On Mar 25, 2023
TopeQs:

No, you cannot use declaration of age as you were born after1992. For passport applicants born after 1992, NIS requires them to bring the original and photocopies of their NPC birth certificates...
Approach NPC for a replacement birth certificate. You were born after 1992, you'll only be able to get an Attestation of Birth + Affidavit (2 complimentary documents).

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by IceQween(f): 3:10am On Mar 26, 2023
IceQween:
Where you able to find out if your passport is ready now? @kolawolemonsuru

Please who have any idea the month Festac center is producing now? I captured on the 7th of February.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by fizcoo20(m): 10:19am On Mar 26, 2023
I was called by d officer dat help me , my passport is ready. Capture February 1st . What I notice is dat, when tracking, still on passport issue pending.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by WpressBeginner: 10:45am On Mar 26, 2023
fizcoo20:
I was called by d officer dat help me , my passport is ready. Capture February 1st . What I notice is dat, when tracking, still on passport issue pending.

Which immigration office is dat please
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by SmooshCHN: 10:47am On Mar 26, 2023
solaiphones:

Hope you have been able to collect yours now
Not yet. Have you gotten yours?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ibizgirl(f): 11:40am On Mar 26, 2023
Please does anybody have any information about Abeokuta Passport office. I captured Feb 2nd
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by solaiphones: 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2023
SmooshCHN:
Not yet. Have you gotten yours?
Same here I’m hoping before end of next month
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Emeraldfynest(m): 2:34pm On Mar 26, 2023
Hello, good afternoon. Thanks for sharing your experience. My capturing date is also May 3rd for the Ibadan office. Pls I need you to confirm if your guarantor filled this part 2 and is it necessary? The other parts were all filled and I've even stamped at the Ring Road High Court, I have my guarantor's passport data page, Driving license copy and passports too. Do you think this unfilled part will be an issue?

Then when you said one should submit documents before the capturing date, will that make it faster or what? Which date should I do that? Thanks.
JimMumin:
I've collected my Passport at the Ibadan NIS centre and think I should share my experience too.

Centre: Ibadan
Date Registered: Sept. 9th
Date Captured: Nov. 7th (about 12 weeks)
Passport Page and Year: 32 Pages and 5 years
Cost: NGN 25k plus 1k gateway charges
General experience: fair.

Capturing experience

I got there Friday the 4th (the working day before my capturing day, Nov 7th) to submit my file. They received it and asked that I should come back on d-day. I asked 'bout doing account verification and others but they were vexed and changed it for me. So I left.
When I went for capturing on Nov 7th, I went to the same office and collected my file which has been prepared by them.
Content: Appointment slip, Registration slip, Guarantor form (filled and stamped with guarantor passport attached), two passport photographs, photocopy of guarantors ID (I used his NIN), my Age declaration affidavit, photocopy of my Origin Certificate and my NIN slip photocopy. Note: I went with the original of my NIN and Local Government origin certificate.
All the processes were directed and information was provided on the steps.
I went as early as 7 am and left around 4 pm to 5 pm.
Advice: Go there early to do the necessary things but be prepared for a full day if you are DoingIY. But ensure you submit your documents before the capturing date for Ibadan, I said Ibadan coz I don't know about others. Ensure you do not have issues, that's where they might treat you unfairly. I remember I asked one officer 'bout the month I would get mine but he asked me to go and ask from the online I registered, that's cold.

Collection Experience

I went there around 9 am with the slip they gave me and met a 'crowd' but I left for other stuff. I came back around 2 pm.
They'd come and collect the slips; they'd check and bring the passports if already produced or return the slips if otherwise; they'd call names of those whose passports were ready to follow them to the issuance room for thumb printing.
So, it was when they came to call names that they collected other slips, mine included.
They came and called me around past 3 pm and I went for the thumb printing and collected my passport.

So, I believe Ibadan is comparably fair based on reports from some centres.

Register early to get an early capturing date. As of today (March 24th), the earliest date stated on the immigration website is May 29th for the Ibadan centre. Ibadan dey get customers o

Shout out to everyone who has provided information and shared ideas and advice here.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by onuwaje(m): 3:14pm On Mar 26, 2023
Please i need guidance on a first timer

I am in Abuja
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tboydbrave(m): 3:20pm On Mar 26, 2023
Good afternoon,pls what are the documents I need to register for passport as a first timer,going it myself.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ismailsulaimon(m): 3:30pm On Mar 26, 2023
Good afternoon my people, my capturing date is 30th of March and I've been following this thread so as to provide the necessary documents against that day. But from what hav read here, the only problem I'm having is my ORIGINAL NPC ATTESTATION OF BIRTH Is not with me here N.B I was born in the year 1996. The question is would they attend to me by providing only the photocopy.

Thanks so much...
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 3:52pm On Mar 26, 2023
Ismailsulaimon:
Good afternoon my people, my capturing date is 30th of March and I've been following this thread so as to provide the necessary documents against that day. But from what hav read here, the only problem I'm having is my ORIGINAL NPC ATTESTATION OF BIRTH Is not with me here N.B I was born in the year 1996. The question is would they attend to me by providing only the photocopy.

Thanks so much...
You must present both the original and photocopy on the day of your appointment.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ismailsulaimon(m): 4:14pm On Mar 26, 2023
Wow...thanks so much.....
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by fizcoo20(m): 8:08pm On Mar 26, 2023
WpressBeginner:

Which immigration office is dat please

Ikoyi, Lagos.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by JimMumin(m): 11:10pm On Mar 26, 2023
No, we didn't fill the part II that dealt with destination or so

Then, for the submission, you can go a day or anytime before capturing date.

If at all you want to submit on your capturing date, make it very early.

I remember a guy came to submit his that same day of capturing and they so much vexed for him and got him delayed, especially since he is a DIYer.

Emeraldfynest:
Hello, good afternoon. Thanks for sharing your experience. My capturing date is also May 3rd for the Ibadan office. Pls I need you to confirm if your guarantor filled this part 2 and is it necessary? The other parts were all filled and I've even stamped at the Ring Road High Court, I have my guarantor's passport data page, Driving license copy and passports too. Do you think this unfilled part will be an issue?

Then when you said one should submit documents before the capturing date, will that make it faster or what? Which date should I do that? Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Emeraldfynest(m): 8:13am On Mar 27, 2023
Alright then, thank you.
JimMumin:
No, we didn't fill the part II that dealt with destination or so

Then, for the submission, you can go a day or anytime before capturing date.

If at all you want to submit on your capturing date, make it very early.

I remember a guy came to submit his that same day of capturing and they so much vexed for him and got him delayed, especially since he is a DIYer.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bukolo: 8:46am On Mar 27, 2023
Good morning all.

Can any one confirm if the processing fee of 4000 as mentioned below is official?

This is not listed as one of their requirements for processing both new and renewal of passport.

Thank you.

henroo2003:
My wonderful people,

Just want to share my experience at Abeokuta office. though I went there on Wednesday, two dayz ago. I go there very late(1:10pm) cos of the terrible traffic that lasted for about 4hours from Lagos.
Well, when I got there, I met an officer and I told him I came for capturing.He asked me who was helping me and I replied God and myself. He just showed me the office in charge. My documents were checked and I bought a file for#200. After everything the officer rechecked my state of origin certificate and told me I will not be able to capture that day cos I need an attestation letter from the king cos my local government of origin is closer to boarder. He also stated some other local government government like that that will need such letter. I will advised those whose local government shares boarder with other country to take note.

I also heard the officer telling other applicants that processing fee has been introduced since about a month which is #4000 and people are paying. The officer's boss returned my file with my documents inside that I should come back as soon as I get the letter.

I have gotten the letter now.

Apart from the above, a friend of mine that captured at Ikoyi told me she went with a letter of recommendation from a Brigadier General and the capturing was easy. She said VIP was written on her file. Planning to get that too when next am going for mine at Abeokuta.

It was really a wonderful experience!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by MrGokay(m): 9:12am On Mar 27, 2023
Please How do i get Local government of origin certificate?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by nairalandgeek(m): 10:56am On Mar 27, 2023
bukolo:
Good morning all.

Can any one confirm if the processing fee of 4000 as mentioned below is official?

This is not listed as one of their requirements for processing both new and renewal of passport.

Thank you.

no 4k, no file submittion
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 12:48pm On Mar 27, 2023
bukolo:
Good morning all.

Thank you.

NIS does not charge a processing fee (4,000 Naira).
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Bimluv(f): 1:43pm On Mar 27, 2023
Can one's mom or siblings help to collect pàssport? If yes, what should they take àlong with them? Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bukolo: 2:12pm On Mar 27, 2023
Thank you.

ekitimanalways:

NIS does not charge a processing fee (4,000 Naira).
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lilachiever(m): 3:21pm On Mar 27, 2023
ekitimanalways:

No, you cannot use declaration of age as you were born after1992. For passport applicants born after 1992, NIS requires them to bring the original and photocopies of their NPC birth certificates...
Approach NPC for a replacement birth certificate. You were born after 1992, you'll only be able to get an Attestation of Birth + Affidavit (2 complimentary documents).

NPC doesn't issue birth cert to people above 18 years whether born after 1992 or not.

What they issue now is "Attestation of Birth". I did mine at NPC HQ in Surulere for 7K, it took 2 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lilachiever(m): 3:22pm On Mar 27, 2023
bukolo:
Good morning all.

Thank you.

No.

Report them via mail and twitter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.