Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1444313 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by nairalandgeek(m): 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2023
lilachiever:

No.

Report them via mail and twitteir.
it's abk passport office that charges 4k b4 you submit your file

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 3:58pm On Mar 27, 2023
lilachiever:

NPC doesn't issue birth cert to people above 18 years whether born after 1992 or not.

What they issue now is "Attestation of Birth". I did mine at NPC HQ in Surulere for 7K, it took 2 weeks.

Permit me to quote myself. "You were born after 1992, you'll only be able to get an Attestation of Birth + Affidavit (2 complimentary documents)".
You misquoted me, bro.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lilachiever(m): 4:17pm On Mar 27, 2023
ekitimanalways:

Permit me to quote myself. "You were born after 1992, you'll only be able to get an Attestation of Birth + Affidavit (2 complimentary documents)".
You misquoted me, bro.

Apologies.

Your quote was correct

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by bukolo: 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2023
Thank you

lilachiever:

No.

Report them via mail and twitter.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2023
lilachiever:

Apologies.

Your quote was correct

No hard feelings, bro.
Have a fantastic evening.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ijaola(m): 7:52pm On Mar 27, 2023
Good evening everyone. Can someone give me the load down of all the requirements for fresh applications. Want to apply for my cousin and a colleague at work.

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Adayoung(f): 11:51pm On Mar 27, 2023
Hi everyone, who has collected their passport from FESTAC office, what's the collect process like for DIY ?
Also has anyone who captured in January collected his/her passport yet ?

TIA
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by samtol4(m): 11:55pm On Mar 27, 2023
MrGokay:
Please How do i get Local government of origin certificate?
Go to your local government area or check your state liaison office in Lagos,they will give you.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Leilami: 2:57am On Mar 28, 2023
Guys help reason this matter, please.

My sister and her friend wanted to renew their passport for the second time. They were given a date close to Election Day so she called the immigration guy she paid to and rescheduled.

He told them he had fixed another date in two weeks. When it was a day to that day she called the guy and told him they were coming over the next day for capturing he told them not to come and he told her he fixed a date in three weeks and not two weeks.

She felt he lied because she heard him say they should come in two weeks and not three weeks anyways she waited one week more and called him again that they would be on their way the next day but he said they shouldn't come, that their NINs were not validated

They told him it was validated and he said they should call him back and then he told them to come in the following week again. When they called him and told him they were on their way he said the immigration officer was not around and had not come back from the election(the second one) because he travelled to his hometown.

They started getting confused but because they had known him for 10 years they waited and called again and he started insisting that their NINs were not validated(which is not true)

They told him it was and he insisted they give him their NIN reference number(whatever that was)

The whole situation seems suspicious because the guy had refused to give them a capture date till now.

If their Nin were not validated in the first instance why did they get a capturing date at the start(before they rescheduled)only for him to start giving them stories?

A lot happened during these situations. Sometimes they will call and the guy will refuse to pick up his phone and when he does he would tell them he is busy eventually he came up with the NIn issue.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lilachiever(m): 5:03am On Mar 28, 2023
Leilami:

My sister and her friend wanted to renew their passport for the second time. They were given a date close to Election Day so she called the immigration guy she paid to and rescheduled.

He told them he had fixed another date in two weeks. When it was a day to that day she called the guy and told him they were coming over the next day for capturing he told them not to come and he told her he fixed a date in three weeks and not two weeks.

She felt he lied because she heard him say they should come in two weeks and not three weeks anyways she waited one week more and called him again that they would be on their way the next day but he said they shouldn't come, that their NINs were not validated

They told him it was validated and he said they should call him back and then he told them to come in the following week again. When they called him and told him they were on their way he said the immigration officer was not around and had not come back from the election(the second one) because he travelled to his hometown.

They started getting confused but because they had known him for 10 years they waited and called again and he started insisting that their NINs were not validated(which is not true)

They told him it was and he insisted they give him their NIN reference number(whatever that was)

The whole situation seems suspicious because the guy had refused to give them a capture date till now.

If their Nin were not validated in the first instance why did they get a capturing date at the start(before they rescheduled)only for him to start giving them stories?

A lot happened during these situations. Sometimes they will call and the guy will refuse to pick up his phone and when he does he would tell them he is busy eventually he came up with the NIn issue.

Na Team DIY full here. We don't want to get involved in issues of people "wey get leg"

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Adeleyeibrahim: 6:36am On Mar 28, 2023
Leilami:

Ask d agent for your appointment slip, if u have it, take it to the immigration office you chose for capturing, tell them you miss your appointment.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sikay19(m): 7:01am On Mar 28, 2023
Leilami:

Normally, I shouldn’t have responded to this matter because this thread is meant to support DIY/self applications. However, I will point out some irregularities in this post:

1) One does not need to reschedule talk more of paying for it Yes, you heard me right. In any case of of missing your scheduled date of capturing appointment. All you need to do to go at any convenient day after your capturing date (though you can no go before the scheduled date but you can go after the date). The officer who obtained money from her for date rescheduling is dubious and should be made to pay for this unscrupulous act.

2) NIN Validation should be sorted out at NIMC Unless your sister had been using this for other official verification that then you can be sure if the NIN is validated. To confirm the validation. I will advise that she should visit the NIMC office to validate the NIN or can as well contact the NIMC via their various media (Facebook/Twitter/Email/Phone). This is not enough to leave your sister hanging. I think the officer is up to something.

3) Advise your sister to demand refund It is obvious that your sister is being played. Asking for refund is not to recover the money from him but this demand will actually put him in check. And if it does not give in to this, Advise your sister to make a complaint about this unscrupulous officer to the Servicom department at the passport office.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Leilami: 7:37am On Mar 28, 2023
lilachiever:

Na Team DIY full here. We don't want to get involved in issues of people "wey get leg"

🤗✌
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Leilami: 7:37am On Mar 28, 2023
Sikay19:

Normally, I shouldn’t have responded to this matter because this thread is meant to support DIY/self applications. However, I will point out some irregularities in this post:

1) One does not need to reschedule talk more of paying for it Yes, you heard me right. In any case of of missing your scheduled date of capturing appointment. All you need to do to go at any convenient day after your capturing date (though you can no go before the scheduled date but you can go after the date). The officer who obtained money from her for date rescheduling is dubious and should be made to pay for this unscrupulous act.

2) NIN Validation should be sorted out at NIMC Unless your sister had been using this for other official verification that then you can be sure if the NIN is validated. To confirm the validation. I will advise that she should visit the NIMC office to validate the NIN or can as well contact the NIMC via their various media (Facebook/Twitter/Email/Phone). This is not enough to leave your sister hanging. I think the officer is up to something.

3) Advise your sister to demand refund It is obvious that your sister is being played. Asking for refund is not to recover the money from him but this demand will actually put him in check. And if it does not give in to this, Advise your sister to make a complaint about this unscrupulous officer to the Servicom department at the passport office.

Thanks a lot.🤗
God bless you.

P.S.: didn't mean to derail the thread.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Leilami: 7:38am On Mar 28, 2023
Adeleyeibrahim:

Ask d agent for your appointment slip, if u have it, take it to the immigration office you chose for capturing, tell them you miss your appointment.

Thanks a lot.🤗
God bless you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Babtunz: 11:15am On Mar 28, 2023
Hello all, I'm trying to get my passport and I want to be sure I understand the process correctly.

Here's what I think the process entails.

1. Pay for whatever type of passport I want on NIS website and get a capturing date.

2. Get the required documents - NIN, passport photographs, stamped guarantor's form, local government letter of identification, birth certificate.

3. Submit these documents to the NIS office where I'll be having the capturing.

4. Go to the NIS office on the day of capturing with extra copies of the documents above.

5. After capturing, wait for a message to confirm the availability of my passport or track it on NIS portal.

I'm not sure if the above is exactly how the passport application process works, so I'd appreciate any inputs from the community.

Thanks all!
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sikay19(m): 11:27am On Mar 28, 2023
Babtunz:
Hello all, I'm trying to get my passport and I want to be sure I understand the process correctly.

Here's what I think the process entails.

1. Pay for whatever type of passport I want on NIS website and get a capturing date.

2. Get the required documents - NIN, passport photographs, stamped guarantor's form, local government letter of identification, birth certificate.

3. Submit these documents to the NIS office where I'll be having the capturing.

4. Go to the NIS office on the day of capturing with extra copies of the documents above.

5. After capturing, wait for a message to confirm the availability of my passport or track it on NIS portal.

I'm not sure if the above is exactly how the passport application process works, so I'd appreciate any inputs from the community.

Thanks all!

You are in order except for that number 4. You do not need go with your documents if you have done documentation process earlier. Some do carry out their documentation on the day of capturing but I will not advise such.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by neyoworld247(m): 2:30pm On Mar 28, 2023
I have an expired passport and I want to renew and do for my wife and 2kids who have a sure passport plug and where I get to do lesser and faster I am base I. Lagos but can access south west region if it's faster and cheaper
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Babtunz: 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
Sikay19:

You are in order except for that number 4. You do not need go with your documents if you have done documentation process earlier. Some do carry out their documentation on the day of capturing but I will not advise such.

Thanks for your response! I just want to add step 4 to avoid any sorry story. I have read it here where people who submitted their documents before the capturing date were told their docs couldn't be found anywhere on the capturing day
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Babtunz: 3:02pm On Mar 28, 2023
What is the recommended background color for the passport photograph we're going to submit. Red or white? Or it doesn't matter?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by oluwaVaz(m): 3:18pm On Mar 28, 2023
After correction of nin dob since February , I was called that I should come and recapture in immgration office ....pls abeg o ,Dem dey do capturing twice for immigration office?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by WpressBeginner: 5:06pm On Mar 28, 2023
oluwaVaz:
After correction of nin dob since February , I was called that I should come and recapture in immgration office ....pls abeg o ,Dem dey do capturing twice for immigration office?

U are lucky dat dey called u.... Beta go do am
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Haywhey: 5:08pm On Mar 28, 2023
It would be unfair not sharing my experience here, I learnt all I did on here.

My experience at Alimosho center on 14/02/2023. I got there quarter to 10, I met a guy at the gate who asked for my purpose and i inquired to know his business with what I came to to do..

Got into the hall met one Officer 👮‍♀️ Tunde who also asked for my purpose which I narrated to him, he then requested for 3500 to open a file as per DIY and another 5500 to push it in. I was like fun ki ni (For what) He then said I should call anybody I know that is the modus operandi. I ignored him went to meet another Officer Adeyemo and told him my purpose as per DIY, he pointed at an officer BELLO at servicecom (Seated at one corner). I told him I have an appointment to.. before I could land he requested for my documents, vetted the documents and asked me to write an application which I did, he then asked me to seat.

After about 10minutes I went to meet him he told me he’s about taking my file inside. The officer BELLO was extremely polite and professional.

I waited for about 30 minutes before I was called for capturing. After capturing I was given a paper with my name and sum numbers.

Before leaving the hall I tracked my application, passport production in progress.

I didn’t spend a dime till I left about 12noon.

Mine is RENEWAL…

Hello!
I went to the center (Alimosho) I did my capturing for collection today. Lo and behold I collected my passport. Though I was told to come back two weeks ago after capturing but I have been very busy, decided to go today. I didn’t receive any message nor calls.

Issue date on the passport is March 17

5 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Adayoung(f): 6:25pm On Mar 28, 2023
Hello!
I went to the center (Alimosho) I did my capturing for collection today. Lo and behold I collected my passport. Though I was told to come back two weeks ago after capturing but I have been very busy, decided to go today. I didn’t receive any message nor calls.

Issue date on the passport is March 17[/quote]

Hi, please did u track your application online ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Haywhey: 10:24pm On Mar 28, 2023
Hi, please did u track your application online ?

Yes! But different tracking results every day, that was why I decided to go today. Production in progress one time, not found one time. Thanks to Eledumare, I have collected my passport

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Jibwillz: 10:58pm On Mar 28, 2023
Good evening house!

Please I need information on the procedure for change of name for another passport.

The lady in question is married and has an expired passport but wants to process another one (in her husbands name) for herself and 2kids.
An agent is demanding 120k for hers alone citing change of name as the reason for the price.

I’m trying to make her opt for DIY.
Location is Edo state

Pls kindly assist with the breakdown of requirements and procedures to achieve this
Thanks🙏

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 7:39am On Mar 29, 2023
Jibwillz:
Good evening house!

Please I need information on the procedure for change of name for another passport.

The lady in question is married and has an expired passport but wants to process another one (in her husbands name) for herself and 2kids.
An agent is demanding 120k for hers alone citing change of name as the reason for the price.

I’m trying to make her opt for DIY.
Location is Edo state

Pls kindly assist with the breakdown of requirements and procedures to achieve this
Thanks🙏

Correction of data in passport: https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/main

REQUIREMENTS
(1) Application Letter.

(2) Copy of Marriage Certificate or Declaration of Marriage.

(3) Sworn Affidavit from a Magistrate or High Court of Change of Name deposed to by Applicant.

(4) Copy of Newspaper Publication of Change of Name (21 days after publication).

(5) Statutory evidence of change of name (if resident outside Nigeria in lieu of iii and iv).

(6) Passport Booklet and Copy of Data Page of Passport.

(7)Acknowledgement Slip & Evidence of Payment.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by roseisy: 3:09pm On Mar 29, 2023
Please I want to find out if it's possible to abandon a passport application before capturing and start a fresh one in another office
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Agrovet: 3:16pm On Mar 29, 2023
Good day Everyone. I'm a newbie here. Please I intend renewing my passport at the Alimosho office but can't seem to find Alimosho from the options given. It's just Ikoyi, Festac & Alausa.

For those that renewed at Alimosho, how did you do it?

Also how long does DIY renewal take?

After the official 25k, is there any other hidden charge(s) one is to be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sikay19(m): 3:27pm On Mar 29, 2023
Agrovet:
Good day Everyone. I'm a newbie here. Please I intend renewing my passport at the Alimosho office but can't seem to find Alimosho from the options given. It's just Ikoyi, Festac & Alausa.

For those that renewed at Alimosho, how did you do it?

Also how long does DIY renewal take?

After the official 25k, is there any other hidden charge(s) one is to be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Alimosho is there. You are probably checking the wrong site.

25k + bank charge1000/500 and NIN verification charge

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.