Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (784) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1435409 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sol4u: 5:22pm On Nov 16, 2023
yesloaded:

Stay away from Ibadan immigration office

Ibadan immigration office is the worst place anybody will DIY

Ibadan immigration office is nothing but den of extortion

Don't even bother paying any agent for Ibadan office because I met a girl who paid one of the officer at the gate but the guy only registered for her online without paying those at the computer to to make the work faster (despite that it's still corruption)

You can visit the place and talk to applicants who are waiting to collect their passport to understand how corrupt Ibadan immigration office was

If you are DIY, you may not get your passport till it expire because they will not release it to you

I was at Ibadan immigration office today for my passport renewal, I was hoping that I will prove you wrong thinking that they will adjust and work with Hon Minister vision but believe me it worst that what anyone can imagine, their level of Extortion and black market registration is incomparable, I got there 9am this morning with all my document ready, they keep bringing in new file of those they have collect extra 20k and put our own file aside I eventually capture by 3:30pm. Hon. Minister should please look in the high level of Extortion in ibadan immigration office which cut across the rank and files.
While other immigration offices has improve in their service deliver for DIY, Ibadan immigration office has choose to thick with the old ways of frustration and Extortion of applicants.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by alaricsaltzman: 7:02pm On Nov 16, 2023
Hi everyone

Please do you have to take your kids along for passport collection in Alausa?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Impactever(m): 7:04pm On Nov 16, 2023
adewalay:
I want to express my gratitude to everyone for their contributions. I visited the Alausa Passport office for my passport renewal today and would like to share my experience.

Upon arrival, I was directed to the servicom hall for the DIY team, where a helpful staff (lady) reviewed my documents.

She instructed me to obtain a brown file, rewrite my renewal application on A4 paper, and make a photocopy of the last page of my passport (not just the data page). After swiftly completing these tasks, she cross-checked my documents, added my two recent passport photos, and handed me the file to take to room 12.

In room 12, a meticulous lady thoroughly examined my application letter, verifying details such as the passport number, expiry date, and my signature within the letter. She then signed and dated it.

Returning to the previous staff member, she double-checked the work from room 12 and made some notations on my file. I was then directed to another area for passport capturing, a process that took less than 30 minutes.

The entire experience was remarkably efficient, taking less than an hour in total.

Documents required for renewal:

- Brown file (available for ₦500 on-site)
- Copy of the online passport application form
- Copy of the payment receipt
- Copy of the acknowledgement slip
- The passport you wish to renew
- Copy of both the data page and the last page of the expired passport
- Two recent color passport photographs
- Copy of your NIN slip
- Application letter written on A4 paper.

Regards.

How much did you pay at Aluasa, Ikeja Office for the Renewal of your international passport 32 pages ....or 64 pages as the case may be ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kumbhuru: 7:32pm On Nov 16, 2023
Sol4u:

I was at Ibadan immigration office today for my passport renewal, I was hoping that I will prove you wrong thinking that they will adjust and work with Hon Minister vision but believe me it worst that what anyone can imagine, their level of Extortion and black market registration is incomparable, I got there 9am this morning with all my document ready, they keep bringing in new file of those they have collect extra 20k and put our own file aside I eventually capture by 3:30pm. Hon. Minister should please look in the high level of Extortion in ibadan immigration office which cut across the rank and files.
While other immigration offices has improve in their service deliver for DIY, Ibadan immigration office has choose to thick with the old ways of frustration and Extortion of applicants.
I know of someone who captured since July, non DIY yet haven't collected. Always stories.
You would have gone to Oyo town
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Davidsbillions: 9:48pm On Nov 16, 2023
Honlucas:

when did you apply for the passport?
When was the capture date?

I applied 10th of May
Capturing date was 6th of June
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Damilolly(f): 11:18pm On Nov 16, 2023
MummyNeto:
for change of name you will be required to provide a newspaper publication, marriage certificate, sworn affidavit for change of surname, NIN and the old passport. Change of name is usually done in Abuja. It takes a minimum of 30 days.
Thanks so much. I was able to do it at Gwagalada in less than 7 days at the official price. The comptroller is a no nonsense man.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by alaricsaltzman: 6:37am On Nov 17, 2023
alaricsaltzman:
Hi everyone

Please do you have to take your kids along for passport collection in Alausa?
Anybody?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tgirltemmy(f): 12:25pm On Nov 17, 2023
Good Afternoon, I can't find my state of origin certificate, however, I do have the soft copy. Will that be accepted at the Alausa immigration office?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Fahreedah: 12:49pm On Nov 17, 2023
Good afternoon house, thank you for for all the resources you put out hear free of charge, it has been 100% helpful, pls I am asking for a friend, He made payment and submitted his application for his passport last week, his appointment date for capturing is next week, but on the tracking portal the NIN verification hasn’t been ticked, should this be something he should be worried about?

Thank you for your timely response.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gbengard(m): 12:51pm On Nov 17, 2023
AyobamiIsaac12:

Your guarantor doesn't need to have a lot of money for him/her to be your guarantor. Even if it's 5k, put it there. My guarantor was a student and the amount he filled at that space was 20k. Assets can be laptop, phones, crypto and the rest.

Thumbprint is not a must. He/She should either thumbprint or sign. Doing both is not mandatory.

Good day sir,

Can someone with an expired passport stand as a guarantor?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by QuackedOlive: 1:19pm On Nov 17, 2023
Fahreedah:
Good afternoon house, thank you for for all the resources you put out hear free of charge, it has been 100% helpful, pls I am asking for a friend, He made payment and submitted his application for his passport last week, his appointment date for capturing is next week, but on the tracking portal the NIN verification hasn’t been ticked, should this be something he should be worried about?

Thank you for your timely response.

NIN verification will be done during the documentation process when the person goes for capturing and all.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AyobamiIsaac12: 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2023
Gbengard:

Good day sir,

Can someone with an expired passport stand as a guarantor?
No, he/she can't. It must be with an unexpired one
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Fahreedah: 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2023
QuackedOlive:

NIN verification will be done during the documentation process when the person goes for capturing and all.
thank you so much, I truly appreciate
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TemmyEmmanuel: 7:25pm On Nov 17, 2023
@All, good evening. Please who has been to Ikeja recently? Do you have an idea of the month that is available for collection in the passport office?
Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by nikkyakins: 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2023
Good evening pls is it possible to collect your passport on the day written in slip given to you, if no how long should one wait?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kumbhuru: 10:27pm On Nov 17, 2023
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Luada(m): 12:13am On Nov 18, 2023
Hello, how can i fast track my passport here in port harcourt
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by adewalay: 6:53pm On Nov 18, 2023
Impactever:

How much did you pay at Aluasa, Ikeja Office for the Renewal of your international passport 32 pages ....or 64 pages as the case may be ?

I applied online and I paid 26K altogether for 32 pages.

Oops

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Luada(m): 7:02pm On Nov 18, 2023
adewalay:

I applied online and I paid 26K altogether for 32 pages.
Oops
How many months did it take
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kumbhuru: 8:12pm On Nov 18, 2023
kumbhuru:
Please o, what's required for passport collection and can you collect 8n behalf of someone
Ekitimanalways
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Rhyah(f): 8:46pm On Nov 18, 2023
TemmyEmmanuel:
@All, good evening. Please who has been to Ikeja recently? Do you have an idea of the month that is available for collection in the passport office?
Thanks

Please this update is needed.
Who get legit info, kindly share.
Thank you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by nikkyakins: 6:42pm On Nov 19, 2023
Hello everyone after this whats next can I go and collect my passport?

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AyobamiIsaac12: 10:55pm On Nov 19, 2023
nikkyakins:
Hello everyone after this whats next can I go and collect my passport?
Wait till the last stage is ticked
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by nikkyakins: 12:45am On Nov 20, 2023
AyobamiIsaac12:
thanks my collection date was 15th November
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zbk001: 10:02am On Nov 20, 2023
AyobamiIsaac12:

Good morning; pls what if NIS send you message that your passport is ready for collection,

but that Issued passport is still pending production….

What next, thank you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zbk001: 10:04am On Nov 20, 2023
nikkyakins:
thanks my collection date was 15th November

Have you collected or received messages from NIS that your passport is ready for collection.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by nikkyakins: 10:22am On Nov 20, 2023
Zbk001:

Have you collected or received messages from NIS that your passport is ready for collection.
no not yet
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DPapilo: 11:05am On Nov 20, 2023
Any Update on Passport collection in Enugu?
My sister captured Since June; but she's yet to collect hers.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AyobamiIsaac12: 11:23am On Nov 20, 2023
Zbk001:

Good morning; pls what if NIS send you message that your passport is ready for collection,

but that Issued passport is still pending production….

What next, thank you.
You can go for collection since you were sent a message. It may be that it has not been updated on their tracking portal
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AyobamiIsaac12: 11:26am On Nov 20, 2023
DPapilo:
Any Update on Passport collection in Enugu?
My sister captured Since June; but she's yet to collect hers.
It would have been produced. Tell your sister to go check
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by DPapilo: 12:21pm On Nov 20, 2023
AyobamiIsaac12:
It would have been produced. Tell your sister to go check
I would do that. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by shaibu123: 2:22pm On Nov 20, 2023
Enugu immigration office is the most corrupt immigration office in Nigeria.
And something urgent need to be done about it.

The office is just a market place, the highest bidder gets passport.

(1) (2) (3) ... (781) (782) (783) (784) (785) (786) (787) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.