Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,333 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (813) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1433872 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by neyoworld247(m): 2:49pm On Feb 20
My experience with nis igbogbo passport office,
It's diy I did, my appointment was today scheduled for 9.45am, I got there early was told to write down my name and go and sit down, I later observed them calling out people name with files and some certain things written dere, I stood up to meet d man that I want to do documentation he said documentation is outside dey will arrange your files also, I got there and was told it cost 500 naira I paid and he did d documentation . I went back inside Nis and was told to take it to 2ic , I did and they ask me to go outside they need to enroll it waited for almost 6 hrs and I noticed they only call out and bring out the files of people they know or connected to, when I go back to ask what they say is once I have been verify they will call me, am still waiting till now

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by stacyadams: 2:55pm On Feb 20
neyoworld247:
It's diy I did, my appointment was today scheduled for 9.45am, I got there early was told to write down my name and go and sit down, I later observed them calling out people name with files and some certain things written dere, I stood up to meet d man that I want to do documentation he said documentation is outside dey will arrange your files also, I got there and was told it cost 500 naira I paid and he did d documentation . I went back inside Nis and was told to take it to 2ic , I did and they ask me to go outside they need to enroll it waited for almost 6 hrs and I noticed they only call out and bring out the files of people they know or connected to, when I go back to ask what they say is once I have been verify they will call me, am still waiting till now
Omo..just dey observe
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Gotocourt: 2:59pm On Feb 20
I went to Jos passport office this morning and was captured. 60k for express 5yrs and will go for collection on Thursday
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by studycenter: 4:45pm On Feb 20
neyoworld247:
My experience with nis igbogbo passport
Had same experience a year ago when I did mine at NIS hqr Abj. Thought the process should be better by now
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by wallmosh: 6:19pm On Feb 20
For those who have been issued, what's your waiting period after capturing either renewal or fresh and at which passport office?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by missyojo(f): 6:39pm On Feb 20
Badabada:
I just did my capturing today and it was so seemless. I spent only 30 minutes here and I was done. No 1 Naira paid. #DIY

Which state please?

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by neyoworld247(m): 8:24pm On Feb 20
So after waiting till 3pm, and was told my document is with them for enrollment, I picked up the courage and enter there capturing room, the next question was who I was looking for, I told them my document is with them am here for capturing , next thing who asked me to come in, told them one officer like that, they now started asking themselves who carried my file inside, I just see as those officers just dey bring file come give dem for table, work on it now, work on it now, to cut my story short they answered me and gave me a printout to come collect my passport, will have to wait at least a month and go back for it

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by neyoworld247(m): 8:26pm On Feb 20
Depends on your location, u may be lucky
[quote author=missyojo post=128557672][/quote]
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sputnik12345(m): 8:28pm On Feb 20
Please how do I verify my nin on passport application page?

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by iamoyindamola(m): 5:08am On Feb 21
neyoworld247:
I experienced such too same place
The people they were calling are not DIY, they treated DIY like people with diseases
Eventually if they call you their oga there will start telling you stories how they manage the place by themselves bla blah
Eventually you will be forced, threatened or cajole to drop some cash before they allow you to capture

Please do you know if they have started giving people passport, I capture in mid January I don't know if the passport will be ready
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 7:53am On Feb 21
roga:
please, i am at point of uploading documents and what i have is birth certificate issued by the hospital, is it allowed
It will be rejected.
Where you born before 1992?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by wallmosh: 4:19pm On Feb 21
Sputnik12345:
Please how do I verify my nin on passport application page?

Once yo go for enrolment, others will checked
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lovewins: 4:43pm On Feb 21
I thankfully got my passport today at the Akowonjo centre after a stressful experience. Entire process totally DIY.

I captured on the 4th of January and had a collection date for 28th March. I however knew instinctively that it should be ready so I went early today for collection.

We submitted our slips and they came out with a few passports and dispensed. The official later came and said they are sorting it out and adviced that we come back in a week's time. We however said we'll rather wait and he asked that we write our names. He went in and came back after an hour or so and dispensed a few passports again. It was obvious at this point there was no hope for those remaining. There was a guy who even paid an agent who captured in October and had been coming severally all to no avail. He told is to write our names a third time then said our passport wasn't available but that we should come back again next week.

I knew these guys were just lazy and just didn't want to do their jobs. The idea of going through this again made me persist. He left obviously without any plan to check for us. I went inside looking for someone else I could speak to. I thankfully so a lady and explained to her I'd been there all day and didn't really mind coming back but would at least like to know if my passport was ready or not. She took my slip to check and came back in a few minutes letting me know my passport was ready. She asked me to wait and appealed to one of her other colleagues to check for my passport.

Guess what, the brought it out in less than 5 minutes. The man who had claimed my passport wasn't there or wasn't ready was either lying or was just too lazy to check. That's how I thankfully got my passport today. It's been ready since the 8th of February and didn't get as much as an SMS to come get it.

Hopefully this inspires someone else who's been waiting a long time to persist. Your passport is there, they are just too lazy to do their jobs.

8 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Thazard(m): 5:15pm On Feb 21
Please how can i get the plastic national id card?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by olabanji88(m): 6:24pm On Feb 21
My wife was the passport renewal office today to renew and also change name she was asked to pay 15000 for the renewal despite completing all payment online they claim the money is going to abuja how true is this or is this just a scam
At the Alimosho office information was from the lady at the front desk
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by id4sho(m): 6:28pm On Feb 21
olabanji88:
My wife was the passport renewal office today to renew and also change name she was asked to pay 15000 for the renewal despite completing all payment online they claim the money is going to abuja how true is this or is this just a scam
Money wey no get receipt cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 8:18pm On Feb 21
olabanji88:

Scam 💯

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Maydaygirl: 9:20pm On Feb 21
af0nja2000:

Good day sir, got ur email from Nairaland, pls I want to explain my situation to. I used agent to apply for my Canada student visa. 2021 around 2022 I gave up due to how long it taking and told the agent to refund my money, which he refused saying that he already applied. So I gave up and focus on my life here. Around 2023 end the guy suddenly send me biometrics printout which I went for after much argument a month later medical and I was granted visa. Here is the problem now I asked him the tuition fee then and he told me 17500. Only too receive the admission letter some weeks ago it was cimt. Right now am confuse as I can't change school cos most schools tuition fee pass my power. Someone suggested to me that I school go for admission and run it the as am studying I should apply too another school and get visa extension at least 1 month to the expiration of this visa. While studying I should also be hustling it won't be easy but possible according to him.
>
> I just want your opinion on this as someone over there

I didn't receive your email
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Handsome1: 10:32pm On Feb 21
olabanji88:
Please how did you process the change of name on the immigration website yourself and do you process that before doing the renewal?please assist
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by MfonIrocks: 7:36am On Feb 22
Same here. Captured @ Ikoyi on 2Feb. Still haven't collected.
Lexy123:
Hi Swii, can you please share your contact for the fast track. I’ve been trying to collect mine at Ikoyi and it’s quite urgent. Thank you

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by MfonIrocks: 7:38am On Feb 22
Was it DIY registration?
Daniellano:

Did my capturing February 2nd I called someone there as at last week and he told me that currently there's no booklet, I don't know about this week.
Any update from your end ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suco01(m): 8:49am On Feb 22
Gotocourt:

My plug called me this morning by 8:30am that it was ready. I picked it up this afternoon. It was ready in less than 24hrs, capture and collection. Na corruption dey spoil this country

Same you encouraging corruption Dey spoil this country

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by wallmosh: 8:57am On Feb 22
Thazard:
Please how can i get the plastic national id card?

To best of my knowledge, it's been stopped. You can download the NIMC and onboard for e-card
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by wallmosh: 9:07am On Feb 22
AyobamiIsaac12:
Team DIY
My experience at the immigration headquarter here in Sauka, Abuja.
I left home around 9am because my appointment time was slated for 11am and I got there few minutes to 11. I went to the passport processing center and met two officers at the entrance. I told them I was there for capturing. They asked if I knew anybody there and I replied no. So he said I should wait for him to call an officer on the phone that will open a file for me. I started to think hope this is not what I'm thinking shocked
The officer came and told me to follow him to the back of the office building. He checked all my documents and said the passport processing fee is 10k. I told him I didn't have and there was nothing like passport processing fee on their website. He now started to explain that I will collect a form and some officers will sign bla bla bla. I said I no get that the only money with me was my transport and I was told capturing was free. So he said I should go back and meet the officers at the entrance. I left him and went to stay at a place close the building to see if I could get another officer and explain my ordeal to him/her. That was how one of the officers at the entrance called me to come, was even surprised how he saw me because I wasn't staying at place he could easily see me, I guess they were scared grin

He asked me what the other officer said and I told them he mentioned I should drop 10k but I was told capturing was free and I was not to pay anything while I'm here. He felt guilty instantly cos his facial expression reflected that. That was when he now said I should go inside. I met a man probably in his late 50s while going in and he asked me what I was there for, told him and he called an officer to open a file for me. That was how a file was opened, the necessary signings were done, and my file was given back to me. After some minutes I was called in for capturing. Captured and was given a paper that contained when my passport would be ready. Left there around 2:15 pm
On my way back home I opened the immigration website on my browser to check if my nin had been verified, and of course they already verified it.
Total amount spent = 26k

Have been issued? If yes, how many weeks after your capturing?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by wallmosh: 9:08am On Feb 22
itsUmohEtido:
Did the slip really contain the collection date though? Because what was written on mine was the Enrollment Number, Enrollment Date, Number of Passport Pages, File No, and a signature.
The only dates reflected on it were the date of the capturing.

PS. I also did mine at the Abuja HQ as DIY.

Date: 30/10/2023

Have you been issued? If yes, how many weeks after your capturing?

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AyobamiIsaac12: 3:27pm On Feb 22
wallmosh:

Have been issued? If yes, how many weeks after your capturing?
4 weeks

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by neyoworld247(m): 4:59pm On Feb 22
It take 30 days dere to get passport after you have captured so u can go dere after 30 days thou I intend giving dem 90 days become transportation dere and dey Sabi waste time

iamoyindamola:

I experienced such too same place
The people they were calling are not DIY, they treated DIY like people with diseases
Eventually if they call you their oga there will start telling you stories how they manage the place by themselves bla blah
Eventually you will be forced, threatened or cajole to drop some cash before they allow you to capture

Please do you know if they have started giving people passport, I capture in mid January I don't know if the passport will be ready
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Daniellano: 5:05pm On Feb 22
MfonIrocks:
Was it DIY registration?

Yes it was
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by iamoyindamola(m): 5:16pm On Feb 22
neyoworld247:
It take 30 days dere to get passport after you have captured so u can go dere after 30 days thou I intend giving dem 90 days become transportation dere and dey Sabi waste time

Thanks for the heads up

(1) (2) (3) ... (810) (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: mobimuc9ja(m), Abdul111

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.