Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,215 members, 7,811,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:13 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (821) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1433221 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) ... (828) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Ask4bigneyo(m): 11:08pm On Mar 25
Revolva:
I want to renew my passport how will i get local govt certificate now and i dont want all dose distance relations to know about this passport cos its only then that are close to village .

So is there a way to by pass that local govt certificate and apply for renewal
You can't bypass it. Why not go for the certificate of your LGA of residence instead since you wanna avoid village people
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suco01(m): 6:06am On Mar 26
Revolva:
I want to renew my passport how will i get local govt certificate now and i dont want all dose distance relations to know about this passport cos its only then that are close to village .

You can’t bypass it, all u will need before going is atleast 2 passport photograph, your local government (where you hails from) family compound name. Google your local govt liaison office in your state location and proceed there to obtain it.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 7:17am On Mar 26
Revolva:

The last time I checked local government certificate was not one of the requirements for Nigerian passport renewal.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Lordcrixus: 7:18am On Mar 26
ekitimanalways:

Before it was not a requirement for minors applying for Nigerian passports. If it's a new requirement for minors, get the document.
Do you reside in Lagos State and what is your state of origin?
I am from Oyo state and I have already been to the liaison office in Ikeja GRA, but the staff I met told me that they don’t have the certificate in Lagos, that I would have to go to my local govt or state headquarters at Ibadan. I believe they are lying so as to extort people( normal Naija civil service way). I will look for a way to go about it. Many thanks for ur input
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Naanlong01: 9:41am On Mar 26
Ojoboak:

Follow this link https://attestation.nationalpopulation.gov.ng/welcome , you do not need to go to NPC office.
It cost 3k, excluding convenience fee.
Cheers

Pls, is this age attestation compulsory for all? Or its for some category of applicants
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Naanlong01: 9:53am On Mar 26
Austinn316:

Yeah Declaration of Age is actually 2k but they specifically asked for Attestation, and the NPC site doesn’t work cause I don’t have barcode affidavit. But I got Attestation for 15k before capturing

Pls is this declaration of age and attestation different from birth certificate? Is birth certificate not acceptable instead of this attestation?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by talk2yommex2000(m): 12:45pm On Mar 26
Hello!
Is there a specific day of the week passport is being issued at Alausa? A friend just noticed that his passport is issued/ready through their portal. I'll like to know if he can go for collection any day of the week or there is a specific day for collection during the week.

Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Somzee(f): 12:49pm On Mar 26
missyojo:

No, you don't need it
Thank you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 1:44pm On Mar 26
talk2yommex2000:
Hello!
Is there a specific day of the week passport is being issued at Alausa? A friend just noticed that his passport is issued/ready through their portal. I'll like to know if he can go for collection any day of the week or there is a specific day for collection during the week.

Thanks.
For passport Collection, Alausa Passport Office attends only to passport applicants, whose surnames fall under the following categories below:
A, C, D &, H - Mondays.
E, I, N & M - Tuesdays.
O, P, Q & R - Wednesdays.
Other alphabets - Thursdays and Fridays.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Darien4: 3:08pm On Mar 26
Good afternoon, everyone. I just applied for a fresh passport and this is part of the required documents

"Complete guarantor's form duly signed by a commissioner for oaths attached with photocopy of data page of guarantor's Nigerian e-passport and one passport size photograph of the guarantor."

Pls, where and how can I access the form?

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by missyojo(f): 5:19pm On Mar 26
Somzee:

Thank you.

You are welcome
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by missyojo(f): 5:21pm On Mar 26
Darien4:
Good afternoon, everyone. I just applied for a fresh passport and this is part of the required documents

"Complete guarantor's form duly signed by a commissioner for oaths attached with photocopy of data page of guarantor's Nigerian e-passport and one passport size photograph of the guarantor."

Pls, where and how can I access the form?

Thanks

Guarantor's form is not required again.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Kamos0987(m): 6:01pm On Mar 26
For your Educational Documents Authentication/Legalization at ministry of education and foreign affairs/Submission of documents(Legalization) at various Embassies in Abuja(Educational documents, Master Bsc, Waec, Neco, trade certificates, marriage, Police charcter, Bacherhood, Spinterhood, etc, Yellow/Covid card
we can help you process any kind of document for your travel purpose from anywhere in the world.
For more inquiries you can reach us on call/whatsapp +2347084653907. Office Address: Business center @ 2nd floor Podium, federal ministry of education, federal secretariat. phase 3. CBD. Abuja
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by talk2yommex2000(m): 8:56pm On Mar 26
ekitimanalways:

For passport Collection, Alausa Passport Office attends only to passport applicants, whose surnames fall under the following categories below:
A, C, D &, H - Mondays.
E, I, N & M - Tuesdays.
O, P, Q & R - Wednesdays.
Other alphabets - Thursdays and Fridays.

Thanks a lot for your prompt response. I really appreciate it. 🙏 🙏
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suco01(m): 10:50am On Mar 27
Lordcrixus:

I am from Oyo state and I have already been to the liaison office in Ikeja GRA, but the staff I met told me that they don’t have the certificate in Lagos, that I would have to go to my local govt or state headquarters at Ibadan. I believe they are lying so as to extort people( normal Naija civil service way). I will look for a way to go about it. Many thanks for ur input

It’s a lie. Mail them online
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Lordcrixus: 11:51am On Mar 27
suco01:

It’s a lie. Mail them online

Thanks Suco01,
Do you have the email address?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by oohhjjaayy: 5:05pm On Mar 27
[quote author=missyojo post=128706033][/quote]
Good afternoon,
Have you been able to pickup your passport at the Headquarters by now?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by missyojo(f): 5:06pm On Mar 27
oohhjjaayy:

Good afternoon,
Have you been able to pickup your passport at the Headquarters by now?

No. it's next week after Easter I want to go and check.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by oohhjjaayy: 5:22pm On Mar 27
missyojo:

No. it's next week after Easter I want to go and check.
Okay. Thanks for keeping me informed. I got captured at same Centre on Monday being (25/03/2024) for Correction of Data.
Kindly hi me on WhatsApp(Zero-Eight-Zero-65250125) to keep myself in the loop through your event.

Thanks 🙏
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Darien4: 6:24pm On Mar 27
Ok. Thanks 🙏

missyojo:

Guarantor's form is not required again.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by missyojo(f): 6:39pm On Mar 27
oohhjjaayy:

Okay. Thanks for keeping me informed. I got captured at same Centre on Monday being (25/03/2024) for Correction of Data.
Kindly hi me on WhatsApp(Zero-Eight-Zero-65250125) to keep myself in the loop through your event.

Thanks 🙏

Ok.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kasim155: 7:31pm On Mar 27
oohhjjaayy:

Thanks 🙏

Where did you do your capturing? I did corrections of data too and did my capturing on the 27/02/2024 at the Ikoyi passport office here in Lagos but have not gotten mine. I used DIY.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by oohhjjaayy: 8:19pm On Mar 27
kasim155:

Where did you do your capturing? I did corrections of data too and did my capturing on the 27/02/2024 at the Ikoyi passport office here in Lagos but have not gotten mine. I used DIY.

I captured for Correction of Date of Birth as that is EXCLUSIVE to NIS Headquarters
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kasim155: 8:25pm On Mar 27
oohhjjaayy:

I captured for Correction of Date of Birth as that is EXCLUSIVE to NIS Headquarters

Okay, I did rearrangement of my first and middle name to tally with that of my NIN. I did the whole process myself and went for capturing. I will go to their office in Ikoyi next week to check if my passport booklet is out.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by T0bil33: 9:13pm On Mar 27
[quote author=kasim155 post=129140420]

I did my capturing at Ikoyi too. But I will be visiting their office after easter to check if my passport is ready.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Alfabest07(m): 12:42pm On Mar 28
Hello guys, greeting everyone in here, the admins & kind ones providing assistance when they could be of help.
I have a story & i beg you all with the better knowledge to input on it lest money that one can barely afford be thrown away.

So my kid sis just graduated from Uni (yet to serve), the idea of her going to Canada to further her education & also as a means to start life there, was pushed to my dad, which is a good thing. An agent was connected to him through our neighbour (elderly woman in her 50's with a daughter married & based in the US), heard the same agent processed her papers to US when she went for surgeries.

Today my sis was called to come pick up her passport, inquired what it cost & heard 130k, i shocked, because i asked earlier if they had fast tracked (express) the processing & they said no, my wild guess was it will take about two months for the passport to be pick up ready. So the quick processing of the passport got me searching how much it actually costs to get a passport now in Nigeria coz i felt how could it not be express & 130k was paid & now the passport is ready.
My search led me to this forum & I'm seeing here that 10years validity passport with 64pages is 70k, so I'm believing it was fast tracking, maybe my sis & mom doesn't know.

Now, here is my concern. The funds that was raised so far is 9M to which the agent said he would apply for a loan for my sis to cover for the rest of the funds needed to process a student into a school in Canada, which everything, with school fees he said should take about 30M. That my sis will start paying off the loan when she gets there & starts working.
I asked how could he possible secure such a loan that's over 2/3rd of the required money for someone who is not even in the said country, Nigerian is the only citizenship she has. My Dad answered that the recommended agent is also a banker in Canada, moved & based there with his wife & kids.

Please guys, how possible is this promise of securing a loan for my sis from the agent to be real & legit? My dad & I are not in the best of terms currently, why i never asked much from him about the process except for a few times i felt wrong about the whole loan promise & being a banker claim, or when he involves me. But i said i cannot sit & watch this money fall in the wrong hands leaving my family stranded, so i had to start making research which led me here.
Please i will appreciate so much all insightful responses to this, i hope I've shared enough information to make understanding easy. Thank you all.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by USAfall2024: 1:15pm On Mar 28
Alfabest07:
Hello guys, greeting everyone in here, the admins & kind ones providing assistance when they could be of help.
I have a story & i beg you all with the better knowledge to input on it lest money that one can barely afford be thrown away.

So my kid sis just graduated from Uni (yet to serve), the idea of her going to Canada to further her education & also as a means to start life there, was pushed to my dad, which is a good thing. An agent was connected to him through our neighbour (elderly woman in her 50's with a daughter married & based in the US), heard the same agent processed her papers to US when she went for surgeries.

It is always advisable to run Japa applications yourself rather than going through agents. But if you're too lazy to spend time and effort doing your research, then the agent route might be your best bet. About the loans, it's most likely legit. There are dozens of loan companies based in US/Canada (e.g MPower) willing to give international students up to $50K loan as long as they get their visa and travel to the said countries (disadvantage: the high interest rate and stress of paying back over long stretch of years). The loan is more like an attestation cos your sister won't be able to access the loan funds while she is in Nigeria until she crosses to Canada.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Alfabest07(m): 1:40pm On Mar 28
USAfall2024:

It is always advisable to run Japa applications yourself rather than going through agents. But if you're too lazy to spend time and effort doing your research, then the agent route might be your best bet. About the loans, it's most likely legit. There are dozens of loan companies based in US/Canada (e.g MPower) willing to give international students up to $50K loan as long as they get their visa and travel to the said countries (disadvantage: the high interest rate and stress of paying back over long stretch of years). The loan is more like an attestation cos your sister won't be able to access the loan funds while she is in Nigeria until she crosses to Canada.

Okay, guess we'll have to keep following & ensure to understand the loan application very well before proceeding, especially at any point there's a request to send the money we have at hand lest it turns a sham.
By attestation, is it something like proof of funds ? Thank you so much.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by USAfall2024: 2:48pm On Mar 28
Alfabest07:

Okay, guess we'll have to keep following & ensure to understand the loan application very well before proceeding, especially at any point there's a request to send the money we have at hand lest it turns a sham.
By attestation, is it something like proof of funds ? Thank you so much.

You guys probably just have to stick with whatever plan the agent has, especially if you have already started the process by committing funds to the agent.
Your sister can learn about the terms and conditions attached to the loan. For your last question: yeah it's kinda serves like proof of funds to pass through the visa application stage but she will have full access to the loan funds once she lands in Canada. She has to confirm the yearly interest rate, monthly repayment plan, start date of the repayment plan etc. to be sure of what she's bargaining for. This will be my last response to you. Kindly research more online for better clarity.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by blovesther(f): 4:03pm On Mar 28
Please house, the place of birth on my age declaration is different from that of my international passport.

Hope it won't affect me, and if it will, how do I go about the corrections please
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Alfabest07(m): 4:19pm On Mar 28
USAfall2024:

You guys probably just have to stick with whatever plan the agent has, especially if you have already started the process by committing funds to the agent.
Your sister can learn about the terms and conditions attached to the loan. For your last question: yeah it's kinda serves like proof of funds to pass through the visa application stage but she will have full access to the loan funds once she lands in Canada. She has to confirm the yearly interest rate, monthly repayment plan, start date of the repayment plan etc. to be sure of what she's bargaining for. This will be my last response to you. Kindly research more online for better clarity.
Thanks for response, every word is appreciated.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Cineinfo(m): 6:11pm On Mar 28
I picked my passport today 28th March, Ikoyi office. It takes exactly one month. I captured on 27th February and passport was ready for collection on 27th March.DIY

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) ... (828) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.