Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,494 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption (35353 Views)

I Found Dis Inside A Paracetamol Tab. / Taking Paracetamol While Pregnant Could Harm Baby Boys / NAFDAC Exposes Dangers Of Prolonged Use Of Paracetamol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 28, 2014
thanks for this op. most times, even a simple rest would resolve the aches, but most people prefare to pop the pill. I don't even recommend it for children when treating malaria. I'd rather tepid sponge and expose, instead of using anti pyretics to mask the symptoms

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by daveP(m): 8:02pm On Oct 28, 2014
Doc: how long have you been taken it?

Ochuko: as in....

Doc: you know im busy now(to nurse) er next.

Ochuko: but doctor i take it for just head head headache(stutters) me(gbagaun) and my chidren(gbost) take it whenever we have discomfort( face looks like he wants to weep as doc uses stethoscope to examine mr Ochuko's child on the bed. He has high fever)

doc: im afraid....

Ochuko: but doc(shedding tears. I learnt osuofia calls it 'shading' grin ) its just paracetemol(gbagaun)

doc: you might have ingested 3tonnes of that drug in 6yrs mr...

Ochuko: mr Ochuko! (still 'shading') chai! Why why.

(to be continued)
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by Deltagiant: 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2014
It is the abuse of Paracetamol and other Non Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory drugs that is behind the epidemic of CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASES in Nigeria today. The people are so ignorant that they abuse this type of cheap drugs without considering the dangers to the metabolic system.
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by Nobody: 8:04pm On Oct 28, 2014
youngice:
SFTG

DOC please I don't understand
Elucidate, are u implying that "if symptoms persist after....." Is wrong or are u saying that the advertisement is wrong in entirety

lekwa fa!

If you read the article, will you die?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by Evathyst(f): 8:04pm On Oct 28, 2014
initialize:
Where can I buy sachet of paracetamol?
U again

Ds one wey u just dey make front page 2day so? How e wan be na? If Seun don pay I appearance fee, sha no 4get ur pple dem o!

Back to d topic, ds r d kinda topics dt shld be making front page. No be all ds yeye PDP election matter. Lyk seriously
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
Safarigurl:
Paracetamol can even cure cancer...una never know
It reminds me of a particular Jingo on gate-way turned Purity fm when niggurs were growing up...
It goes like:

Isi na wa gi o - Paracetamol o
Afo na sa gi - Paracetamolgrin

homies indeed believe it's a panacea for all troubles.
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by initialize(m): 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
Evathyst:
U again

Ds one wey u just dey make front page 2day so? How e wan be na? If Seun don pay I appearance fee, sha no 4get ur pple dem o!

Back to d topic, ds r d kinda topics dt shld be making front page. No be all ds yeye PDP election matter. Lyk seriously

I stayed home today cos my head aches, seeing this mention has extended it to my heart.... I need that paracetamol more than Eva.

No, I need EVA -thyst more than Paracetamol.
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by Dmanlex(m): 8:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
Any little headache or illness, the first thing is to take Paracetamol. Naija people are grinded with self medication
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by Evathyst(f): 8:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
initialize:

I stayed home today cos my head aches, seeing this mention has extended it to my heart.... I need that paracetamol more than Eva. No, I need EVA -thyst more than Paracetamol.
I pity ur church life. If there's anyone u need to cure ur headache, I think it's Iya Silifa alagbo cheesy

Last bullet: Wld av wished u a speedy recovery though, but because ds d first tym in 3months dt we'll be meeting online nko? Wldnt I wish ds conditions(both ur headache & our re-union) be permanent? Lol! Na joke o!

Speedy recovery Bro!
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by lepasharon(f): 8:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
I dont take analgesics ,I take Opiods cool
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by mamatino99: 8:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
Fg should map out strategies on how to combat sickness in nigeria by introducing Mobil hospital trucks to the rural areas.and also advice people how to eat balance dearth.
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by greall1: 8:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
Paracetamol care ebola
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by initialize(m): 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
Evathyst:
I pity ur church life. If there's anyone u need to cure ur headache, I think it's Iya Silifa alagbo cheesy

Last bullet: Wld av wished u a speedy recovery though, but because ds d first tym in 3months dt we'll be meeting online nko? Wldnt I wish ds conditions(both ur headache & our re-union) be permanent? Lol! Na joke o!

Speedy recovery Bro!

You can do better.... Come offline before I take overdose.

Who's Iya slippers? angry
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by SeverusSnape(m): 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
Nice article, I have been telling people about this, not all ailments you go for Paracetamol. I wish more people would get this information.
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by Sanguine77(m): 8:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
This treatise is very correct. Nigerians abuse drugs like kilode, even the enlightened ones. I implore everybody including myself to seek medical advise before embarking on a suicidal attempt to self-medicate. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by darlingnuel(m): 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2014
Not only does it affect the liver, too many painkillers pose a threat to the health of the kidneys. I'm sure, the rise in kidney-related deaths maybe linked to abuse of painkillers (and some other drugs). Take care of your health. Stay alive! We need you!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by siraj1402(m): 8:35pm On Oct 28, 2014
politricks:
They call it akape here.Funny thing is they expect the medicine to cure every disease they have.
lol
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by Lanceslot(m): 8:40pm On Oct 28, 2014
Op So I should stop taking alabunku for severe headache?
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by hammyjoe(f): 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2014
This is so true, I as a person use paracetamol only when I have exhausted all other options(e.g cold bath, taking rest in a cool dark room, finding something to eat). Please guys visit my blog @ macsurgeevents..com
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by geochris2(m): 8:54pm On Oct 28, 2014
hazyfm:
hahahahahahaha

Nigerians ... space bookers everywhere
see teeth grin
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by Youpele52: 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by mfm04622: 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
Billyonaire:
Most times I am left bewildered when someone generalizes anything happening in his/her small community with all Nigerians, where in Nigeria does the writer of this piece really know to generalize this stupidity ?

This is what we Nigerians do. We serially abuse drugs. Both the orthodox and non orthodox type. Not generalisation at all. The adverts are nationwide and the way we abuse pain killers is nationwide culture too

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by Evathyst(f): 8:57pm On Oct 28, 2014
initialize:

You can do better.... Come offline before I take overdose.

Who's Iya slippers? angry
Come offline kwa? U wan molest me ni? wink

In case u don't know, Iya Silifa sells herbal concoction(agbo Iba, agbo jedi) grin

If u want dt headache to disappear, put wizkid's 'I fit die on top ur matter'
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by Incredyable(m): 9:01pm On Oct 28, 2014
Evathyst:

In case u don't know, Iya Silifa sells herbal concoction(agbo Iba, agbo jedi) grin

Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by initialize(m): 9:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
Evathyst:

Molest? We are two consenting adults, therefore, No case.

You will still have to be around for the song to flow.... Na only your matter i fit die for.

Oya bring your matter come
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by Evathyst(f): 9:14pm On Oct 28, 2014
initialize:

Molest? We are two consenting adults, therefore, No case.

You will still have to be around for the song to flow.... Na only your matter i fit die for.

Oya bring your matter come
dear customer, ur emotional request has been received nd will be processed shortly. Please, do not send another request grin

Make our two find one emotional thread carry our matter go b4 Mods dem ban us for free.
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by Hyinkar97(m): 9:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
nice article bro.. 70% of yorubas are guilty of this
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by initialize(m): 9:45pm On Oct 28, 2014
Evathyst:
dear customer, ur emotional request has been received nd will be processed shortly. Please, do not send another request grin

Make our two find one emotional thread carry our matter go b4 Mods dem ban us for free.

Aiit

Come to our office
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by adebisiema(m): 9:46pm On Oct 28, 2014
Yes oo, my mum loves taking paracetamol every night, even if she isn't sick, she will still take it.

I do tell her that what she is taking is too much, but she won't bugde, and you know naija mothers, they be like, "shey iwo ni doctor?". It saddens me but she's already addicted to it.
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 28, 2014
A
Re: Nigerians And Paracetamol Consumption by achi4u(m): 9:49pm On Oct 28, 2014
Nice thread with funny comments

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dexamethasone Saves Severely Ill COVID-19 Patients / 10 Amazing Things The Body Does To Keep Us Alive / Importance Of Eating Pawpaw Seed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.