Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (878445 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by ibe003(m): 10:02pm On Mar 22, 2015
Uzi that will be cool, I need to there by 6th april I don gather the duc finish nah yellow fever card I dey find were to get pure one, but I will got find for air port. Hope You know were their embassy dey at diplomatic Drive near UN building?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by uzhi(m): 10:26pm On Mar 22, 2015
I know all d streets in Abuja. Just ring me.
Go and get the yellow fever card inside lagos international airport. Beg them to back date it for u. because that stuff almost Bleep me up when i was travelling to Southafrica.

Quote author=ibe003 post=31899078]Uzi that will be cool, I need to there by 6th april I don gather the duc finish nah yellow fever card I dey find were to get pure one, but I will got find for air port. Hope You know were their embassy dey at diplomatic Drive near UN building?[/quote]
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by europestudy2015: 8:13am On Mar 23, 2015
congratulations to all those that have gotten their admission and to those who are still processing their admission, i wish u guys success. hope to see u guys in tallinn soon.

It is also advisable you come as much early as possible around may june. A lot of advantages available for people who arrived early. You can do summer job up to three months before the school resume.
Many job opportunities are advertised during the summer, u can get a permanent job from there too.
Also u can apply for scholarships before school resume.

best regards all

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by ibe003(m): 8:37am On Mar 23, 2015
uzhi:
I know all d streets in Abuja. Just ring me.
Go and get the yellow fever card inside lagos international airport. Beg them to back date it for u. because that stuff almost Bleep me up when i was travelling to Southafrica.

Quote author=ibe003 post=31899078]Uzi that will be cool, I need to there by 6th april I don gather the duc finish nah yellow fever card I dey find were to get pure one, but I will got find for air port. Hope You know were their embassy dey at diplomatic Drive near UN building?
you mean back date, how? Why?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by eagle13(m): 9:16am On Mar 23, 2015
pls is postgraduates study in Estonia tuition free?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by uzhi(m): 9:17am On Mar 23, 2015
I was told that I ought to have taken d vaccine 10 days or a month b4 I present it. Not sure its general, just to be on safe side.

Quote author=ibe003 post=31908200] you mean back date, how? Why?
[/quote]
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by nairaspace: 10:57pm On Mar 23, 2015
ibe003:
guy I am coming to to abuja Egypt embassy here don close, their embassy in abuja send me their requirement and ask me to come embassy in abj in person

What were the documents requested from you sir. Is there anyway you could drop the list here? this will help other applicants know what is needed and get them ready.

Just wondering. Is it a must to apply for Estonian visa at Egypt? The reason i asked is because:
this page: http://www.studyinestonia.ee/visa-and-residence-permit said Students who are third country nationals (not EU citizens) have to apply for a temporary residence permit for study at the nearest Estonian Embassy or Consul in their home country or country of residence.
And looking at this page: http://www.embassypages.com/estonia it lists other countries in Africa with Estonia Consulate (morocco, Angola, Kenya, South africa, Ghana and Tunisia and Kenya uses visa on arrival while ghana is visa free.
The only African country listed to have Estonian Embassy is Egypt.

I stand to be corrected though....

Just want to know if this process can be simplified. I will be making a couple of calls in the next few days and will share what i find. I reside in US so time differences will affect making the calls, if any1 finds any more info, please share.

I am making this inquiries for my cousins.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by uzhi(m): 5:49am On Mar 24, 2015
I have called all those countries except tunisia, but they all said no. And to get it in southafrica, u must hv their rp . Thats why we are left with only Egypt nd India, especially 4degree seeking candidates.

What were the documents requested from you sir. Is there anyway you could drop the list here? this will help other applicants know what is needed and get them ready.

Just wondering. Is it a must to apply for Estonian visa at Egypt? The reason i asked is because:
this page: http://www.studyinestonia.ee/visa-and-residence-permit said Students who are third country nationals (not EU citizens) have to apply for a temporary residence permit for study at the nearest Estonian Embassy or Consul in their home country or country of residence.
And looking at this page: http://www.embassypages.com/estonia it lists other countries in Africa with Estonia Consulate (morocco, Angola, Kenya, South africa, Ghana and Tunisia and Kenya uses visa on arrival while ghana is visa free.

Just want to know if this process can be simplified. I will be making a couple of calls in the next few days and will share what i find. I reside in US so time differences will affect making the calls, if any1 finds any more info, please share.

I am making this inquiries for my cousins.[/quote]
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by nairaspace: 7:26am On Mar 24, 2015
uzhi:
I have called all those countries except tunisia, but they all said no. And to get it in southafrica, u must hv their rp . Thats why we are left with only Egypt nd India, especially 4degree seeking candidates.

Thank you!.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by uzhi(m): 7:40am On Mar 24, 2015
U are welcome and ur pm has been answered. Better still, u can try dis: usmanomeiza@yahoo.com
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by ibe003(m): 9:19am On Mar 24, 2015
uzhi:

please the only estonia and embassy and foreign representative in Africa is in Egypt that is the nearest place they directed when I received my acceptance latter, they told me that estonia RP can obtain only at their embassies. So its only egypt or travel to any EU country or Asia

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by chimaamaechi17: 12:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
Hello ibe, were u sent only d acceptance letter ?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by ibe003(m): 2:44pm On Mar 24, 2015
chimaamaechi17:
Hello ibe, were u sent only d acceptance letter ?
yes which other one do you expect?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Rubbers(m): 6:07pm On Mar 24, 2015
Please how do i go abt getting an international passport asap?? Is it possible to get it in a day? And how much?? I need it asap so i can write either ielts or toefl b4 the admission deadline. Thanks. Location: Lasgidi
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by csfrost: 8:10pm On Mar 24, 2015
Rubbers:
Please how do i go abt getting an international passport asap?? Is it possible to get it in a day? And how much?? I need it asap so i can write either ielts or toefl b4 the admission deadline. Thanks. Location: Lasgidi
my passport cost me 23k in asaba, toefl ibt + late reg fee (i did it today, expired today, but u can still check to see if der is still hope) cost me 46k+ (using access bank visa naira card). I really dont know if they would accept docs after the end of the admission process, but i would recommend u ask them to be sure, reason is because if you cant get your passport today (today is already gone for that), you wont be able to register for dis friday toefl ibt, and the next date is till april 10, 5days to the deadline date of april 15th. toefl results take within 14days to get to you and your school of choice, so you see what i mean? my next advice is for you to take other english proficiency test, i dont think ielts has other dates till after elections, but you can still look out for the recommended test type at the schools website. which course are you going for?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by uzhi(m): 9:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
Forget about those tests and focus on getting ur passport through express. U can actually get those tests waived. Just tell your school to write a letter to certify that English language was the language of instruction in your previous studies.
It would be accepted.
A close friend did that nd the sch acknowledged it. One love.

Rubbers:
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Rubbers(m): 9:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
uzhi:
Forget about those tests and focus on getting ur passport through express. U can actually get those tests waived. Just tell your school to write a letter to certify that English language was the language of instruction in your previous studies.
It would be accepted.
A close friend did that nd the sch acknowledged it. One love.

I think the passport would be easier to get, but the waiver?? Is it possible?? Im going for Undergrad..
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Rubbers(m): 10:16pm On Mar 24, 2015
csfrost:
my passport cost me 23k in asaba, toefl ibt + late reg fee (i did it today, expired today, but u can still check to see if der is still hope) cost me 46k+ (using access bank visa naira card). I really dont know if they would accept docs after the end of the admission process, but i would recommend u ask them to be sure, reason is because if you cant get your passport today (today is already gone for that), you wont be able to register for dis friday toefl ibt, and the next date is till april 10, 5days to the deadline date of april 15th. toefl results take within 14days to get to you and your school of choice, so you see what i mean? my next advice is for you to take other english proficiency test, i dont think ielts has other dates till after elections, but you can still look out for the recommended test type at the schools website. which course are you going for?

Pheewww.............Going for Bachelor's...Integrated engineering
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Rubbers(m): 10:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
Guess i'll be missing this admission round.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by eagle13(m): 12:33am On Mar 25, 2015
can some one answer this my question , pls is postgraduates study in Estonia tuition free?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by nairaspace: 1:09am On Mar 25, 2015
Rubbers:

Rubbers:
Guess i'll be missing this admission round.

Cases/school policy might be different. Here in the US, as long as you applied before the deadline, even if you lack a requirement(e.g TOEFL) and you stated on the application that you intend writing the exam, your application will be reviewed when they get the result.
I am saying this because i had the same issue(deadline for admission: Mar 1st - wrote GRE March 9th) still my application went through normal processing.

What i am saying in essence is - go ahead and apply to the school, also register for the next TOEFL or any other exam, worse case scenario - you tried...
My cousins are still in the initial process so you are not close to being late!

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by csfrost: 1:23am On Mar 25, 2015
Rubbers:

ehm... I got a mail from the skool abt d English proficiency test. It's very compulsory for Int.Eng, It's what I'm going for, It's wat I inquired about, but the sender had to add that if you are going for a B.A program, a statement showing u av once studied english would b considered, I'll gve screen shot abt d msg 2mao. there are other test u can write, they mentioned others aside toefl and ielts, google deir dates and see if u cn work things out, its not over till it is over, and i told u to ask the skool if its possible to send docs after the application process, if It's possible, tke ur tym prepare for the test for 10th april, don't just say its over, try and work smthn out

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by csfrost: 1:29am On Mar 25, 2015
eagle13:
can some one answer this my question , pls is postgraduates study in Estonia tuition free?
in google search box type "tuition free postgraduate programs in estonia" you would definitely get something out of it.
I think there are some in tallin uni of tech.
go to ttu.ee and check them out
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by nairaspace: 2:07am On Mar 25, 2015
csfrost:
ehm... I got a mail from the skool abt d English proficiency test. It's very compulsory for Int.Eng, It's what I'm going for, It's wat I inquired about, but the sender had to add that if you are going for a B.A program, a statement showing u av once studied english would b considered, I'll gve screen shot abt d msg 2mao. there are other test u can write, they mentioned others aside toefl and ielts, google deir dates and see if u cn work things out, its not over till it is over, and i told u to ask the skool if its possible to send docs after the application process, if It's possible, tke ur tym prepare for the test for 10th april, don't just say its over, try and work smthn out

I concur!
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Rubbers(m): 8:11am On Mar 25, 2015
nairaspace:

Cases/school policy might be different. Here in the US, as long as you applied before the deadline, even if you lack a requirement(e.g TOEFL) and you stated on the application that you intend writing the exam, your application will be reviewed when they get the result.
I am saying this because i had the same issue(deadline for admission: Mar 1st - wrote GRE March 9th) still my application went through normal processing.

What i am saying in essence is - go ahead and apply to the school, also register for the next TOEFL or any other exam, worse case scenario - you tried...
My cousins are still in the initial process so you are not close to being late!

Well said, im alrdy working on sumtin, might write another proficiency exam. Thanks boss.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Rubbers(m): 8:12am On Mar 25, 2015
csfrost:

Ayt bro, thanks a milli.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Rubbers(m): 12:27pm On Mar 25, 2015
One more thing pls, On the application form, while applying for undergrad, is it advisable to add your university education as well? I alrdy hv a bachelors, jst graduated, is it wise? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by csfrost: 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2015
Rubbers:
One more thing pls, On the application form, while applying for undergrad, is it advisable to add your university education as well? I alrdy hv a bachelors, jst graduated, is it wise? Thanks in anticipation.
i really dont know abt that, I'm on the same boat as you, but i did not use my degree, just sec skool.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by eagle13(m): 9:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
csfrost:
in google search box type "tuition free postgraduate programs in estonia" you would definitely get something out of it.
I think there are some in tallin uni of tech.
go to ttu.ee and check them out
I'm grateful
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Rubbers(m): 10:00pm On Mar 25, 2015
csfrost:
i really dont know abt that, I'm on the same boat as you, but i did not use my degree, just sec skool.

No problemo smiley
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Imeisua: 1:11am On Mar 26, 2015
europestudy2015:
congratulations to all those that have gotten their admission and to those who are still processing their admission, i wish u guys success. hope to see u guys in tallinn soon.

It is also advisable you come as much early as possible around may june. A lot of advantages available for people who arrived early. You can do summer job up to three months before the school resume.
Many job opportunities are advertised during the summer, u can get a permanent job from there too.
Also u can apply for scholarships before school resume.

best regards all

Hello europestudy,
I have been offered admission to University of Tartu. Can I get information or guidance on how to obtain visa here in Nigeria?

I would be very grateful.
Thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Imeisua: 1:17am On Mar 26, 2015
uzhi:

Hi bro,
Is there any information yet? I've just been offered admission but I really don't know how to go about the visa from here in Nigeria.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (399) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.