Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (876938 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Saintsquare(m): 4:02pm On Apr 23, 2017
Ojasope1:

Kindly send the IELTS materials to me at obayewu@oaandco-law.com

Thanks as I will be writing mine soon.
Hi sorry I couldn't get your pm,I don't have access to the mail I use on here but u can reach me saintdolap@yahoo.com
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Godwithme01: 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2017
Saintsquare:
abeg me self go need material o... saintdolap@yahoo.com thx

that is the link below, a lot of good books but i recommend
1. Target Band 7_ How to Maximize Your Score (IELTS Academic Module)
2. Barron's_IELTS_International Edition
3. Kaplan_IELTS
then if you have time download more and read.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7sWQEWGG8KVV2NkVV83MW5vdzA

Others can get it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Saintsquare(m): 7:42pm On Apr 23, 2017
Godwithme01:

that is the link below, a lot of good books but i recommend 1. Target Band 7_ How to Maximize Your Score (IELTS Academic Module) 2. Barron's_IELTS_International Edition 3. Kaplan_IELTS then if you have time download more and read.
  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7sWQEWGG8KVV2NkVV83MW5vdzA
Others can get it
thx so much
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Miles300: 8:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
kaydp:
Hello bro. Is it advisable to use NIPOST?
y not use dhl 3 days tops 11k I think !
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by liliyke(m): 11:43am On Apr 24, 2017
Godwithme01:
I wonder!! where are alll those masters students applying for cyber security. That were always talking about simulation and qustionare here. What's up?? hope you guys progressed.

I am here grin cool. We were required to complete one mission at least but try and complete all to impress them. I successfully completed all of mine as I've done most of those stuffs before in my Bachelors level (I studied Computer Security).

xoip:
nice one dude...simulation lab is just a week from now and thereafter interview. the simulation lab would cover the following: introductory mission, HTTPS security; SQL injection lab; and Botnets takedown labs. do u have any detail on any of these

I don't know about simulation lab because is newly introduced.

As for interview, is more of what you are asked to read,
Questions from your filled application form, motivation letter.

Technical question like what is ping, how do you ping? What is a routing table? How do you compress and encrypt? If you are given a folder, will you compress first or encrypt and why? Private and public key encryption; if Mr A and B are given the 2 keys to encrypt a folder, how do they go about the encryption? In fact read the notes recommended for the interview on their website. Simulation lab might be more like practical lab where you are meant to show how some things work. Have you been scheduled for simulation lab?

Thanks so much for this info as they were the same and exact questions asked for the labs and Skype interview wink.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Godwithme01: 5:43pm On Apr 24, 2017
liliyke:

I am here grin cool. We were required to complete one mission at least but try and complete all to impress them. I successfully completed all of mine as I've done most of those stuffs before in my Bachelors level (I studied Computer Security).

Ok!! I wish you All the best man!!
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mavinc4u(f): 6:24pm On Apr 24, 2017
liliyke:

Thanks so much for this info as they were the same and exact questions asked for the labs and Skype interview wink.

Those questions I gave are for interview. Simulations involve practicals; where you asked to inject or rescue. What kind of questions were you asked on the simulation? Drag and drop or virtual hacking or what exactly? Let's hope you won't go mute like others grin

Meanwhile what is your score , are you on waitlist or nothing yet.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by liliyke(m): 7:51pm On Apr 24, 2017
mavinc4u:

Those questions I gave are for interview. Simulations involve practicals; where you asked to inject or rescue. What kind of questions were you asked on the simulation? Drag and drop or virtual hacking or what exactly? Let's hope you won't go mute like others grin

Meanwhile what is your score , are you on waitlist or nothing yet.

The same questions stated by xoip:

Mission 1: Introductory Mission - You will be required to setup an apache web server and host the website that was given in the scenario. I'm very sure that this mission is to test your system admin skills on linux. You will need to install the apache package and then configure the right files. Add parameters that will link to your website and then start the apache service.

Mission 2: HTTPS Security - You are required to add an SSL to the website on the web server that you setup in mission 1. I'm very sure that this is to test your knowledge of administering security on OS. You will need to install nginx package to support the apache in using SSL. Then create your asymmetric keys using a self-signed CA. Then link your web server to the appropriate keys and restart your apache and nginx services.

Mission 3: SQL Injection Lab - You are required to bypass a login page and then access its database and retrieve some particular information. This will test your ethical hacking skills based on SQL injection and database meta data. You will need to use the SQL tautology method to hack the login page and then detect the number of columns that the database has. Then you need to use a union select statement to retrieve the users table and show the passwords. You will also use the union select statement to get info for privilege escalation into an admin user.

Mission 4: Botnets Takedown Lab - It is far the hardest and I don't know why it was rated same difficulty with mission 2 and 3. You are required to monitor a network traffic and detect which one is malicious. Then you are required to access the malicious IP. Access can only be gotten through a web page that you only know the username. So you need to hack the password using SQL injection (a different method from mission 3). Finally you need to go into the hacked database and search for the passwords. You need to decrypt the hashed password to get it in plaintext and then use it to login. After login you will see the lists of all the bots that you need to take down. But you can only use a script to take them down simultaneously as you're given only 45 minutes to do so. You can script it either in bash or python to make the bots attack each other. They will finally take themselves down one by one. This one tests your hardcore skill as en elite hacker.

The good thing is that all missions have guidance except missions 3 and 4. Mission 3 has a partial guide but you need to read and study the material in the mission section to be able to know exactly what to do. Mission 4 has no guidance at all but they will give you hint when you are running out of time grin grin grin.

No news about my score and neither do I know if i'm on the waiting list. I guess I will have to find out by June cool.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mavinc4u(f): 10:23pm On Apr 24, 2017
liliyke:

The same questions stated by xoip:

Mission 1: Introductory Mission - You will be required to setup an apache web server and host the website that was given in the scenario. I'm very sure that this mission is to test your system admin skills on linux. You will need to install the apache package and then configure the right files. Add parameters that will link to your website and then start the apache service.

Mission 2: HTTPS Security - You are required to add an SSL to the website on the web server that you setup in mission 1. I'm very sure that this is to test your knowledge of administering security on OS. You will need to install nginx package to support the apache in using SSL. Then create your asymmetric keys using a self-signed CA. Then link your web server to the appropriate keys and restart your apache and nginx services.

Mission 3: SQL Injection Lab - You are required to bypass a login page and then access its database and retrieve some particular information. This will test your ethical hacking skills based on SQL injection and database meta data. You will need to use the SQL tautology method to hack the login page and then detect the number of columns that the database has. Then you need to use a union select statement to retrieve the users table and show the passwords. You will also use the union select statement to get info for privilege escalation into an admin user.

Mission 4: Botnets Takedown Lab - It is far the hardest and I don't know why it was rated same difficulty with mission 2 and 3. You are required to monitor a network traffic and detect which one is malicious. Then you are required to access the malicious IP. Access can only be gotten through a web page that you only know the username. So you need to hack the password using SQL injection (a different method from mission 3). Finally you need to go into the hacked database and search for the passwords. You need to decrypt the hashed password to get it in plaintext and then use it to login. After login you will see the lists of all the bots that you need to take down. But you can only use a script to take them down simultaneously as you're given only 45 minutes to do so. You can script it either in bash or python to make the bots attack each other. They will finally take themselves down one by one. This one tests your hardcore skill as en elite hacker.

The good thing is that all missions have guidance except missions 3 and 4. Mission 3 has a partial guide but you need to read and study the material in the mission section to be able to know exactly what to do. Mission 4 has no guidance at all but they will give you hint when you are running out of time grin grin grin.

No news about my score and neither do I know if i'm on the waiting list. I guess I will have to find out by June cool.

Actually the questions were not stated by xoip but by me, check here https://www.nairaland.com/1972275/lets-talk-estonia/172 . thanks for sharing. From your explanation, I must say you did well that is why you have not gotten any response yet. if your Bsc results are very strong then you will succeed. The prof told me that this year admission for cyber security would not be beans at all. wish you best of luck.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by liliyke(m): 10:50pm On Apr 24, 2017
mavinc4u:

Actually the questions were not stated by xoip but by me, check here https://www.nairaland.com/1972275/lets-talk-estonia/172 . thanks for sharing. From your explanation, I must say you did well that is why you have not gotten any response yet. if your Bsc results are very strong then you will succeed. The prof told me that this year admission for cyber security would not be beans at all. wish you best of luck.

The credit goes to you then grin. Thanks for the info, i'm chillaxed as well...

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Achofrank: 7:06am On Apr 25, 2017
Please can someone that followed through india to estonia give us an insight on how to apply for india visa here in nigeria... What type of visa to apply for and what it takes. Thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Godwithme01: 9:51am On Apr 25, 2017
Achofrank:
Please can someone that followed through india to estonia give us an insight on how to apply for india visa here in nigeria... What type of visa to apply for and what it takes. Thanks

slysite4real:
Hello everyone in the process of visa application. You probably have a lot of ideas, rumors and plans in your mind. Do not be weighed down. The process is not as difficult as many Nairalanders portray it to be. I had my visa interview on December 29, 2016 at Indian Embassy in Abuja. It was successful and I was asked to come for visa collection this week. As a way of showing appreciation for all the information available to me through Nairaland, I have decided to give a step by step guide to India visa application. Please note in this guide that this is just my personal experience. It may not apply in all cases. Some of the documents I submitted may not be required but there is no penalty for submitting more documents than required.
Let me tell you a little about my case; I am currently enrolled in a PhD programme here in Nigeria. I want to spend 5 months in Estonia to carry out part of my PhD project. I got a scholarship which will cover my travel cost and living expenses for the duration of my research in Estonia. I will be studying in the University of Tartu.

List of documents I submitted for Indian visa in Abuja;
Visa application form (the one that has your visa appointment date on it)
International passport ( Old passport and the new passport if you have any expired passport)
Photocopy of data page of international passport
Admission letter
Scholarship letter
Letter from Estonian university to Indian embassy
Yellow fever card (I just included it)
Bank account statement (I used a sponsor; Your sponsor should be your relation with the same surname otherwise you may need to prove your relationship if you use someone else)
Hotel reservation (reserve a hotel in India where you will stay when you go there to apply for Estonian visa. Do not pay for the hotel yet)
Flight reservation (Do not pay yet. Depending on your plan. I reserved Lagos to India, India to Estonia, Estonia to Lagos. Have in mind the date you plan to travel to India, duration of study and how you want to travel; remember you appointment date with Estonia embassy)
Authenticated copies of my primary, secondary school certificate, B.Sc. and M.Sc. results and transcripts
Letter of sponsorship (signed by my sponsor)
A copy of booked Estonia visa appointment
Age declaration (Because I do not have a birth certificate)
Sponsor’s affidavit (Signed in the law court or by a lawyer)
NYSC certificate
Any other document you think may help support your application.

Visa interview question;
Where do you work?
Where did you come from?
Why do you want to go to India?
What do you want to study?
What is your specialization?
My answer; Geochemistry
What is geochemistry?
How did you apply for the scholarship?
Have you been to India before?
He signed on my form and asked me to go make visa payment and do biometric.
During the biometric, I was asked to tell them the date of my Estonian visa appointment.
After the biometric, I was told to come back this week thursday to pick up my visa.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Godwithme01: 9:55am On Apr 25, 2017
Achofrank:

slysite4real:
Filling of Document:

First go to the Indian embassy website and fill the visa form. Choose entry visa as the visa type. Have a white background passport to upload to the online form (fill a new visa form if you make any mistake after submitting the form online).

Next book appointment online (you will not be able to change this date in the future). Choose a date after you have considered your date of resumption, and how long it will take you to get all the required documents. After filling, print it out and sign. Attach two passports to the form using a liquid gum (make sure your passports meet the specification. Photographers at the embassy gate can help you with that).

Next fill Estonian Long stay D visa online (It is a 13 page online shenghen visa form. It will be converted to long stay D visa when you get to Estonian embassy in India). Then book an appointment online (You will be able to change this date later if necessary). Note that it takes about one week for your India visa to be ready. So choose a date at least one week after your India visa appointment date.

Next fill Temporary resident permit form (it is a downloadable pdf) and Close relatives form (also pdf).

Tell your Estonian university to send an e-mail to Indian embassy in Abuja and Estonian embassy in India informing them of your admission. Ask them to also copy you so you can have a copy of the letter too.

Buy swisscare studentpass Estonia health insurance package. Make sure not to buy less than the minimum duration required for your programme.

Helpful tips;
If you are looking for website to book flight reservation try Yatra.com
If you are looking for website to book hotel reservation try bookings.com
You can use a GTBank debit master card to pay for swisscare health insurance (Just select pay by credit card)
Get the best deals on flight when you book at shoppingsherlock.com
Search and apply for scholarships and grants. For masters and PhD students check out the Estonian Dora Plus Scholarship.
Consider the financial cost of schooling abroad before making your application.
Visit the embassy before your appointment date. The photographers and agents at the gate will be able to tell you what documents to submit. You need not pay them. Just gist with them and learn from them.
Print and photocopy all necessary documents before going to the embassy. The photographers at the gate will charge you 1,000 naira to print a page and 50 naira to photocopy.
Go to the embassy with all your original certificates and documents.

6 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by weezy009: 10:24am On Apr 25, 2017
I will still advise that we wait a bit longer to see if the Estonian Embassy will open soon in Nigeria.
If by June, it does not open then application for Indian Visa can commence.

Thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Achofrank: 11:29am On Apr 25, 2017
Godwithme01:

thanks bro smiley
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Miles300: 11:59am On Apr 25, 2017
How long does it take to process the Estonia dv long visas ?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Godwithme01: 12:22pm On Apr 25, 2017
Correct!! But is a normal thing to wait till june which is when admission will be out before someone starts applying for visa. Abi person wey never see admission letter don dey apply?? smiley

weezy009:
I will still advise that we wait a bit longer to see if the Estonian Embassy will open soon in Nigeria.
If by June, it does not open then application for Indian Visa can commence.

Thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by aeboiy: 2:22pm On Apr 25, 2017
Estonia visa application is not opening in Nigeria for now, due to some legal issues. So start making alternative plans, if you are starting your studies in September.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Godwithme01: 2:55pm On Apr 25, 2017
And you are reporting from which source?

aeboiy:
Estonia visa application is not opening in Nigeria for now, due to some legal issues. So start making alternative plans, if you are starting your studies in September.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Dubbeltech: 3:52pm On Apr 25, 2017
anyone sending documents to Tallinn university of tech,Estonia in the house so we could share the fee?....whatsapp me 07061027616
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Dubbeltech: 3:54pm On Apr 25, 2017
have you confirmed the fee before now?
Miles300:
y not use dhl 3 days tops 11k I think !
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Miles300: 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
Godwithme01:
And you are reporting from which source?

bro embassies don't just open up in a country like that , there are processes and stages to go through , I doubt this year maybe nxt year tho
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Henrychris(m): 5:21pm On Apr 25, 2017
Hello please what are the requirements for somebody like me that want to live and work in Estonia
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Godwithme01: 8:41pm On Apr 25, 2017
Approximately, 2 weeks.

Henrychris:
Hello please what are the requirements for somebody like me that want to live and work in Estonia
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by weezy009: 9:16pm On Apr 25, 2017
aeboiy:

Please let's confirm that this information is coming directly from the school. So that we can start discussing the alternative plan.

Thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by aeboiy: 4:42am On Apr 26, 2017
weezy009:

Please let's confirm that this information is coming directly from the school. So that we can start discussing the alternative plan.

Thanks

Yes, it is coming from TUT, Admission office.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by slysite4real(m): 6:14am On Apr 26, 2017
Henrychris:

Visit Estonian ministry of foreign affairs website and the Estonian police and boarder guard website for info
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by our9ja: 4:20pm On Apr 26, 2017
Any Info from Euro Academy? I'm still expecting their interview oh
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by laepisanto: 5:50am On Apr 27, 2017
our9ja:
Any Info from Euro Academy? I'm still expecting their interview oh
noting yet for my side oooo. still waiting
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by chizyraky: 8:41am On Apr 27, 2017
This euroacademy silence is tiring honestly. Please anyone with latest info should share.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Godwithme01: 9:57am On Apr 27, 2017
Have you guys called them on Phone??

chizyraky:
This euroacademy silence is tiring honestly. Please anyone with latest info should share.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Miles300: 10:05am On Apr 27, 2017
Godwithme01:
Have you guys called them on Phone??

wat stage of the admission process are u in now ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (399) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

Viewing this topic: abbeylanre007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.