Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,172 members, 7,811,408 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (342) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (875988 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by taskcompleteng: 2:42pm On Dec 19, 2019
HELLO GUYS

ASIDE GOING THROUGH SCHOOL,

WHICH OTHER WAY CAN I MIGRATE TO THIS COUNTRY?

IS THERE WORK AVAILABLE?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by slysite4real(m): 2:47pm On Dec 19, 2019
esstacey:

Okay,thanks for the response.. That means they come after I have landed and invite them..which visa are they going to apply for?

If you meet that financial requirement you can travel together. They will apply for the same D-visa as you.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by iListen(f): 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2019
Afroresorts:
Is any applying to the Univ of Tartu.

I am appying for Innovation & Technology Management (M.A)

Pls reach out.

Planning to apply but need to be sure of the conditions for family travelling with me...

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Esohjay123(m): 7:15am On Dec 20, 2019
Godwithme01:
Hello, did any one apply for Business admin at Taltech?

Yes
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by slysite4real(m): 9:03am On Dec 20, 2019
Please translate and read this. It is veryimportant that you know.

https://www.err.ee/1016086/siseministeeriumi-plaan-raskendaks-valistudengite-ja-tootajate-pereelu
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Yeancah2841: 10:25am On Dec 20, 2019
Esohjay123:

Yes

Please who applied for Msc industrial engineering. lets connect please
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Yeancah2841: 10:27am On Dec 20, 2019
Any Msc industrial engineering at Taltech applicant in the house? Lets connect please

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Esohjay123(m): 10:43am On Dec 20, 2019
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by nappy760(m): 11:18am On Dec 20, 2019
slysite4real:
Please translate and read this. It is veryimportant that you know.

https://www.err.ee/1016086/siseministeeriumi-plaan-raskendaks-valistudengite-ja-tootajate-pereelu

*TRANSLATION*

The Ministry of the Interior wants to limit the opportunities for foreigners and short-term workers studying in Estonia to bring their children to Estonia. The ministry would also ban foreign students from working more than 16 hours a week.

More than 2200 third-country nationals study in Estonia. About half of the foreign students go to work outside the school. The Home Office estimates that students from outside the European Union should not work more than 16 hours a week. Otherwise, the Ministry fears that the residence permit issued for study purposes may be used as a cover for labor migration.

According to Aune Valgu, Vice Rector for Studies at the University of Tartu, working is important for students. About 80 per cent of the local students at the University of Tartu and 40 per cent of the foreign students are employed.

"Third-country students definitely need this job opportunity to make a living. I think it would be a very stupid decision to limit it," Valk said, noting that there are certainly some cases of abuse. "But it is not possible to be at university just being on the list but actually working. I don't see what problem we're going to solve if we limit our work to 16 hours, which is still a very small weekly load."

The ministry wants the foreign students who have enough money to study to come to Estonia after the law change. The second point would also help to secure this draft. Namely, the need-based study allowance is being withdrawn from foreigners with a temporary residence permit.

Aune Valk said she did not oppose the withdrawal of the need-based study grant, but that does not mean that students do not need support. Just a form of support could be another. The needs-based study allowance is granted according to the tax administration.

"Obviously, we can't guarantee the accuracy of the parents' data from all the tax authorities around the world, and we can't guarantee their credibility. On the other hand, if we don't support foreign students, we can get those who are able to pay but not always smart. we should turn need-based study grants into performance-based scholarships, "Valk explained.

In addition to students' finances, the ministry's plans also affect their families. According to the explanatory memorandum to the bill, the alien can live in his home country. Currently, a student with a temporary residence permit can bring children with him. The ministry wants to put a stop to this kind of family migration, which would mean that the student's children would be able to visit with a standard visa, but would not be in Estonia for the duration of their studies.

"I think we're not talking about big families in terms of students. But we see that so many students from somewhere in the Third World want to bring their entire family," Interior Minister Mart Helme said. "Look at the fastest-growing communities in Estonia - Nigerians, Bangladeshi people. And they are not all highly educated IT professionals or students, but they are exactly the way to come and use the so-called legalized students. will be brought here, but will not go after university. "

Aune Valk said that most students at the University of Tartu would not be affected by the change.

"It is primarily about doctoral students, but if I understand correctly, the draft directive excludes doctoral students. This is certainly a problem for individual students, but I am not afraid to say at the moment how much of a concern it is."

The bill's explanatory memorandum also complains that children temporarily staying in Estonia need a place to go to school and this burden falls on local governments. That is why it is wanted to limit the possibilities of short-term workers, ie people who work in Estonia for up to a year should leave their children at home.

Instead, a separate change plan concerns foreign students who wish to stay in Estonia for a longer period of time. The policy of the state so far is that if an alien receives higher or vocational education in Estonia, he or she could stay in Estonia. Such people are used in Estonia and the state needs educated people. However, new graduates may not be able to get a job immediately and will therefore be given the opportunity to apply for a short-term residence permit. But unlike other foreigners, he should not be paid the average Estonian wage. The ministry wants to eliminate this intermediate stage of job search, which means that graduates in Estonia would have to earn an average salary as well to stay here. An exception would be made for those who have received a doctorate in Estonia. Namely, academic staff often earn below average salary.

With the amendment, the ministry wants to prevent radicalization. The bill's explanatory memorandum states that lower-skilled employment can lead to insult to the internal ministry and escalate into a threat to public order and national security.

Commenting on the draft, Minister Helme remained brief. "Until all the coordination has come in and things have been locked in, I think I don't want to comment further," the Interior Minister said.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by iListen(f): 12:07pm On Dec 20, 2019
nappy760:

*TRANSLATION*

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Gabflex: 8:44pm On Dec 20, 2019
nappy760:

*TRANSLATION*

The Ministry of the Interior wants to limit the opportunities for foreigners and short-term workers studying in Estonia to bring their children to Estonia. The ministry would also ban foreign students from working more than 16 hours a week.

More than 2200 third-country nationals study in Estonia. About half of the foreign students go to work outside the school. The Home Office estimates that students from outside the European Union should not work more than 16 hours a week. Otherwise, the Ministry fears that the residence permit issued for study purposes may be used as a cover for labor migration.

According to Aune Valgu, Vice Rector for Studies at the University of Tartu, working is important for students. About 80 per cent of the local students at the University of Tartu and 40 per cent of the foreign students are employed.

"Third-country students definitely need this job opportunity to make a living. I think it would be a very stupid decision to limit it," Valk said, noting that there are certainly some cases of abuse. "But it is not possible to be at university just being on the list but actually working. I don't see what problem we're going to solve if we limit our work to 16 hours, which is still a very small weekly load."

The ministry wants the foreign students who have enough money to study to come to Estonia after the law change. The second point would also help to secure this draft. Namely, the need-based study allowance is being withdrawn from foreigners with a temporary residence permit.

Aune Valk said she did not oppose the withdrawal of the need-based study grant, but that does not mean that students do not need support. Just a form of support could be another. The needs-based study allowance is granted according to the tax administration.

"Obviously, we can't guarantee the accuracy of the parents' data from all the tax authorities around the world, and we can't guarantee their credibility. On the other hand, if we don't support foreign students, we can get those who are able to pay but not always smart. we should turn need-based study grants into performance-based scholarships, "Valk explained.

In addition to students' finances, the ministry's plans also affect their families. According to the explanatory memorandum to the bill, the alien can live in his home country. Currently, a student with a temporary residence permit can bring children with him. The ministry wants to put a stop to this kind of family migration, which would mean that the student's children would be able to visit with a standard visa, but would not be in Estonia for the duration of their studies.

"I think we're not talking about big families in terms of students. But we see that so many students from somewhere in the Third World want to bring their entire family," Interior Minister Mart Helme said. "Look at the fastest-growing communities in Estonia - Nigerians, Bangladeshi people. And they are not all highly educated IT professionals or students, but they are exactly the way to come and use the so-called legalized students. will be brought here, but will not go after university. "

Aune Valk said that most students at the University of Tartu would not be affected by the change.

"It is primarily about doctoral students, but if I understand correctly, the draft directive excludes doctoral students. This is certainly a problem for individual students, but I am not afraid to say at the moment how much of a concern it is."

The bill's explanatory memorandum also complains that children temporarily staying in Estonia need a place to go to school and this burden falls on local governments. That is why it is wanted to limit the possibilities of short-term workers, ie people who work in Estonia for up to a year should leave their children at home.

Instead, a separate change plan concerns foreign students who wish to stay in Estonia for a longer period of time. The policy of the state so far is that if an alien receives higher or vocational education in Estonia, he or she could stay in Estonia. Such people are used in Estonia and the state needs educated people. However, new graduates may not be able to get a job immediately and will therefore be given the opportunity to apply for a short-term residence permit. But unlike other foreigners, he should not be paid the average Estonian wage. The ministry wants to eliminate this intermediate stage of job search, which means that graduates in Estonia would have to earn an average salary as well to stay here. An exception would be made for those who have received a doctorate in Estonia. Namely, academic staff often earn below average salary.

With the amendment, the ministry wants to prevent radicalization. The bill's explanatory memorandum states that lower-skilled employment can lead to insult to the internal ministry and escalate into a threat to public order and national security.

Commenting on the draft, Minister Helme remained brief. "Until all the coordination has come in and things have been locked in, I think I don't want to comment further," the Interior Minister said.

i hope its not going to result to bad news
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by vinzez: 11:37pm On Dec 20, 2019
This isn't great a news o.
nappy760:

*TRANSLATION*

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by livewithpurpose: 10:16am On Dec 22, 2019
vinzez:
This isn't great a news o.

If this is the case, then I'll shift focus to Germany.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Ijomobi(m): 3:26pm On Dec 22, 2019
Please guys did anybody have ideas if Tallin university of technology accept payment of tuition fees on arrival? am going for Bsc in International Business management.

and what is the surest root to go and get Estonia visa, procedures and financial implications.

Thanks.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Jpoppin(m): 6:10pm On Dec 23, 2019
Please, for those that applied for MSc cyber security Talin. What should be expected for the questionnaire, test, and interview?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Micho007: 7:15pm On Dec 23, 2019
Jpoppin:
Please, for those that applied for MSc cyber security Talin. What should be expected for the questionnaire, test, and interview?

check page 183 of this thread... have you submitted ur application?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Jpoppin(m): 7:37pm On Dec 23, 2019
Micho007:

check page 183 of this thread... have you submitted ur application?

I've applied just waiting for the interview date. I saw page 183 already, I want to be sure it's still the same thing to expect since it was 2 years ago.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Micho007: 7:45pm On Dec 23, 2019
Jpoppin:

I've applied just waiting for the interview date. I saw page 183 already, I want to be sure it's still the same thing to expect since it was 2 years ago.

They will inform you on what to expect, especially for the simulation lab by email, the questionnaire is more of a survey.. when did you submit you application?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Jpoppin(m): 8:14pm On Dec 23, 2019
Micho007:

They will inform you on what to expect, especially for the simulation lab by email, the questionnaire is more of a survey.. when did you submit you application?

Thanks so much, I submitted yesterday. I haven't received any email to that effect. Will the email be sent some days before the real test?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Micho007: 8:23pm On Dec 23, 2019
Jpoppin:

Thanks so much, I submitted yesterday. I haven't received any email to that effect. Will the email be sent some days before the real test?

They will review ur application and send you a response if you passed the initial stage of application, then they send an email to tell you of ur next stage which is the questionnaire, then you will be given 14 days to complete d lab, and they will provide you with a link for you to pick a date for your interview... this is the process when i applied earlier this year
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Jpoppin(m): 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2019
Thanks a lot, bro. You've really helped. Are you currently a student? Mind if we exchange contact?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Micho007: 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2019
Jpoppin:
Thanks a lot, bro. You've really helped. Are you currently a student? Mind if we exchange contact?

No, was offered admission without tuition waiver so i declined the offer...
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Jpoppin(m): 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2019
Micho007:

No, was offered admission without tuition waiver so i declined the offer...

Wow. Nevertheless, I'm guessing the simulation questions you got was still the same as page 183 or it was different?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Micho007: 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2019
Jpoppin:

Wow. Nevertheless, I'm guessing the simulation questions you got was still the same as page 183 or it was different?

yeah, it was.... but this year might be different, they will definitely list the labs out when they send d email.... do you have experience with cyber security?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Esohjay123(m): 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2019
Pls, how long does it take for them to confirm payment of application fee. I paid online using my MasterCard, and there was no receipt for the payment or anything to be used as prove of payment.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Jpoppin(m): 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2019
Micho007:

yeah, it was.... but this year might be different, they will definitely list the labs out when they send d email.... do you have experience with cybersecurity?

Yes, I have experience in cybersecurity. Blue Team. Just doing little reconnaissance before the simulation
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Micho007: 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2019
Esohjay123:
Pls, how long does it take for them to confirm payment of application fee. I paid online using my MasterCard, and there was no receipt for the payment or anything to be used as prove of payment.

They normally send payment receipt to your email address within 24hrs of online payment...

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Micho007: 9:38pm On Dec 23, 2019
Jpoppin:

Yes, I have experience in cybersecurity. Blue Team. Just doing little reconnaissance before the simulation

Then nothing to worry about concerning the lab
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Jpoppin(m): 6:29pm On Dec 24, 2019
Guys please since Egypt is now difficult to get to. Are there other cheaper alternatives to Egypt, Russia, Israel, India.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Micho007: 7:15pm On Dec 24, 2019
Jpoppin:
Guys please since Egypt is now difficult to get to. Are there other cheaper alternatives to Egypt, Russia, Israel, India.

Hello Jpoppin, have they responded to you yet? as regard your simulation lab and others
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Jpoppin(m): 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2019
Micho007:

Hello Jpoppin, have they responded to you yet? as regard your simulation lab and others

Yes, someone as. Feel free to drop any pointers you have. Can never go wrong with too much information?

(1) (2) (3) ... (339) (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) ... (399) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.