Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,052 members, 7,810,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (875797 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]Is there anything like RACISM there
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Ayoola222: 3:35am On Mar 06, 2020
I registered for TOEFL in a centre in Lagos and it's hell getting a test date from them for weeks. Initially, I wanted March 7, 2020 but, I was told there is difficulty in lurking down the date. Eventhough, it's available. I went for the option of 14th March, 2020 in Lagos. Still, it's not forthcoming. I want to know if this is a normal experience with toefl or there's a game being played?
Thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by bamsz: 6:41am On Mar 06, 2020
Ayoola222:
I registered for TOEFL in a centre in Lagos and it's hell getting a test date from them for weeks. Initially, I wanted March 7, 2020 but, I was told there is difficulty in lurking down the date. Eventhough, it's available. I went for the option of 14th March, 2020 in Lagos. Still, it's not forthcoming. I want to know if this is a normal experience with toefl or there's a game being played?
Thanks
Get or look for someone with Visa card and register here yourself
https://www.ets.org/toefl

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Ayoola222: 9:08am On Mar 06, 2020
Thanks but, I have paid already.[Qquote author=bamsz post=87205035]
Get or look for someone with Visa card and register here yourself
https://www.ets.org/toefl [/quote]
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Cmbah962: 1:24pm On Mar 07, 2020
Hello Guys
Please is anyone face with the situation of trying to get appointment with the Estonian Embassy in Cairo cause right now its difficult to get appointment cause their online calendar, there’s no anymore for this month and next month, I don’t know if this is possibly because of coronavirus, even their mails are not answered now for more than 4days their Embassy haven’t been like this
Please anyone faced with this same situation

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Sam8850: 10:33pm On Mar 08, 2020
Hello, congratulations on completing this challenging journey. I would like to follow the Turkey route as well, I just have a question that I feel I need to clarify so as not to spoil my chances of securing a visa.

When you applied for Turkey visa and attended the interview in Abuja, did you mention to Turkey's embassy that you were only going to Turkey for Estonia Embassy appointment or you categorically only stated Tourism as main reason for travelling?

Anyone else who had also gone via Egypt, did you mention that you were only going to Egypt to be able to apply for RP at Estonia Embassy?

Thanks.

skimpy:
So I have finally landed in Estonia. Actually landed a week ago but couldn’t gather myself to write this message. I went through Turkey and it was quite smooth. Traveled with a child and we spent approx 1.2M for the entire process including flights and visa fees. I am certain it will be cheaper for most people because your flights can be cheaper. Our flight fees were most expensive cos I had to fly business class because of the comfort for the child. I’d itemize most of the fees I can remember.

Flight to Abuja, Uber to the visa center, $250 visa fees for 2 people and miscellaneous= 200k
Return Flight to turkey: 700k
9 nights at Hotel: 52k
Food and transport: 51k
Estonian Visa: 40k
Flight to Estonia: 212k
Total: 1,255,000

My Estonian visa was approved within 5 days. Submitted on a Monday and collected the passports on a Friday. No serious questions were asked. If you are interested in applying for turkey visa, you can reply my comment. I will write all what I went through there so that you don’t have to waste money like I did. Photocopying 1 page is 100naira there. Printing of 1 page is 1k. They just extort people a lot there.

Also, I got insurance for myself and child for 39k valid for a year.

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Godwithme01: 2:42am On Mar 09, 2020
No country will give you visa, if they know are going to another country's embassy. Stick to your tourism plans, and get into the country first.

Sam8850:
Hello, congratulations on completing this challenging journey. I would like to follow the Turkey route as well, I just have a question that I feel I need to clarify so as not to spoil my chances of securing a visa.

When you applied for Turkey visa and attended the interview in Abuja, did you mention to Turkey's embassy that you were only going to Turkey for Estonia Embassy appointment or you categorically only stated Tourism as mean reason for travelling?

Anyone else who had also gone via Egypt, did you mention that you were only going to Egypt to be able to apply for RP at Estonia Embassy?

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by manneger2: 5:41pm On Mar 09, 2020
Pls guyz what is the requirements for Estonia student visa,
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 9:20am On Mar 12, 2020
Been a while in here�. @skimpy can you analyze stage by stage how you processed and obtained your Turkish visa for us? Asking for a friend.

skimpy:
So I have finally landed in Estonia. Actually landed a week ago but couldn’t gather myself to write this message. I went through Turkey and it was quite smooth. Traveled with a child and we spent approx 1.2M for the entire process including flights and visa fees. I am certain it will be cheaper for most people because your flights can be cheaper. Our flight fees were most expensive cos I had to fly business class because of the comfort for the child. I’d itemize most of the fees I can remember.

Flight to Abuja, Uber to the visa center, $250 visa fees for 2 people and miscellaneous= 200k
Return Flight to turkey: 700k
9 nights at Hotel: 52k
Food and transport: 51k
Estonian Visa: 40k
Flight to Estonia: 212k
Total: 1,255,000

My Estonian visa was approved within 5 days. Submitted on a Monday and collected the passports on a Friday. No serious questions were asked. If you are interested in applying for turkey visa, you can reply my comment. I will write all what I went through there so that you don’t have to waste money like I did. Photocopying 1 page is 100naira there. Printing of 1 page is 1k. They just extort people a lot there.

Also, I got insurance for myself and child for 39k valid for a year.

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by tosyne19(m): 7:30pm On Mar 12, 2020
hakeembee:
Been a while in here�. @skimpy can you analyze stage by stage how you processed and obtained your Turkish visa for us? Asking for a friend.

. Give me the process
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by jessetom(m): 10:31pm On Mar 12, 2020
Good day everyone.

I got admitted to study at TalTech.
Now I'm trying to struggle with the matter of Visa.
I learnt that they have an Estonian embassy in London. I was wondering if I can get my Visa there. I have lots of family with strong ties in the UK and I was thinking I can have them invite me so I'd stay with them for the while that I plan to obtain the Visa to save cost.
I will love to know I it's possible to obtain this visa from the UK and if anyone have done it before.

Also, I will love to consider other path to obtain the Visa and TRP such as Egypt, Turkey, Israel. At this time, which one would you recommend with regards to optimization of cost and reliability?
This will be my first time to leave Nigeria.

Thank you so very kindly in anticipation for your reply guys.

PS; I will be glad to know how much for the travel and all that to obtain the Visa and get to Estonia (Excluding Tuition fees).

- Mudi
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by jessetom(m): 6:21am On Mar 13, 2020
Ayoola222:
Thanks

Lots of persons register for TOEFL test. A lotttt.
So it is usually advised to register very early to get your desired test date. Maybe a month earlier. I experienced the same last year.
However, if you want a good reply, you can try PTE if it's accepted. In 3 days you can write and get your score. It's fully computerized and you can use a hack for the speaking section to boost your score.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Afroresorts: 8:14am On Mar 13, 2020
Okay.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Afroresorts: 8:16am On Mar 13, 2020
jessetom:

Lots of persons register for TOEFL test. A lotttt.
So it is usually advised to register very early to get your desired test date. Maybe a month earlier. I experienced the same last year.
However, if you want a good reply, you can try PTE if it's accepted. In 3 days you can write and get your score. It's fully computerized and you can use a hack for the speaking section to boost your score.

Kindly share the speaking Hack as I scored poorly in my PTE speaking test.

I got the result the same day
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by jessetom(m): 9:11am On Mar 13, 2020
Afroresorts:

Kindly share the speaking Hack as I scored poorly in my PTE speaking test.

I got the result the same day

When asked a question, just talk about anything in this world that you can talk about. You don't have to answer the question. Just speak about anything, freely. As long as you are speaking your best English, you will score high. The computer doesn't know what you are talking about. It's more concerned about how good you sound. You pronunciation and all that. That's how it works. I think
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by slysite4real(m): 6:39pm On Mar 13, 2020
jessetom:

When asked a question, just talk about anything in this world that you can talk about. You don't have to answer the question. Just speak about anything, freely. As long as you are speaking your best English, you will score high. The computer doesn't know what you are talking about. It's more concerned about how good you sound. You pronunciation and all that. That's how it works. I think

This info is not true. Content is scored first before other components are scored. If you give an unrelated answer, you get zero in content and zero in other components.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by jessetom(m): 8:39pm On Mar 13, 2020
jessetom:
Good day everyone.

I learnt that they have an Estonian embassy in London. I was wondering if I can get my Visa there. I have lots of family with strong ties in the UK and I was thinking I can have them invite me so I'd stay with them for the while that I plan to obtain the Visa to save cost.
I will love to know I it's possible to obtain this visa from the UK and if anyone have done it before.

Also, I will love to consider other path to obtain the Visa and TRP such as Egypt, Turkey, Israel. At this time, which one would you recommend with regards to optimization of cost and reliability?

PS; I will be glad to know how much for the travel and all that to obtain the Visa and get to Estonia (Excluding Tuition fees).

- Mudi

Someone should help answer this abeggggg���
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Godwithme01: 12:26am On Mar 14, 2020
Read your admission letter again. I believe It says you can get a visa in any Estonian embassy. UK is included. If that route is easier for you, use it. Any Estonian embassy around the world will attend to you. Best of luck.

jessetom:
Good day everyone.

- Mudi

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by jessetom(m): 5:32am On Mar 14, 2020
Godwithme01:
Read your admission letter again. I believe It says you can get a visa in any Estonian embassy. UK is included. If that route is easier for you, use it. Any Estonian embassy around the world will attend to you. Best of luck.

Thanks you for your reply.
But I want to also know if anyone have used UK before. Because I don't know if they offer the TRP in their embassy in UK, I couldn't find on the website, I found one see Long stay Visa (D-visa). I also wanted to know why people specifically go for turkey, Israel, Egypt.

Thanks.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 10:07am On Mar 14, 2020
jessetom:

Thanks you for your reply.
But I want to also know if anyone have used UK before. Because I don't know if they offer the TRP in their embassy in UK, I couldn't find on the website, I found one see Long stay Visa (D-visa). I also wanted to know why people specifically go for turkey, Israel, Egypt.

Thanks.

Usually you should apply for longstay visa. That is the minimum document you need on order to get into Estonia. It's better to apply for both longstay visa and trp but at least get a long stay visa there.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by jessetom(m): 11:41am On Mar 14, 2020
omitobi:

Usually you should apply for longstay visa. That is the minimum document you need on order to get into Estonia. It's better to apply for both longstay visa and trp but at least get a long stay visa there.

Hmm.

So I can easily get the longstay visa when I get to UK, right?
Do you know none that have thread this path?
And first I'd need to get a UK Standard Visitor Visa. That's one concern. My ability to get that. Do you think I can get that easily?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Landnaira5: 9:00pm On Mar 15, 2020
H
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by skimpy(f): 7:32am On Mar 16, 2020
Like I said before, it was for 2 people, myself and a baby! I also said it will be way cheaper for other people especially because the flight I booked was business class. If you are flying economy, it can’t be as expensive as what I spent.

Most schools allow installments. Simply mail them and tell them how you will like to pay or better still, pay the first semester and after arriving, sort out your payment plan with them

RealFirstLady:

The amount you spent, was it for two people? Is much ooo! Tuition fee and accommodation is not here.

Do they allow tuition fee installment payment?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by skimpy(f): 7:36am On Mar 16, 2020
No I didn’t mention my visit to Estonian embassy. I simply said I was going for tourism and I checked google for places to visit in Ankara then added it to my itinerary

Sam8850:

When you applied for Turkey visa and attended the interview in Abuja, did you mention to Turkey's embassy that you were only going to Turkey for Estonia Embassy appointment or you categorically only stated Tourism as main reason for travelling?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by skimpy(f): 7:47am On Mar 16, 2020
First, you have to reserve a flight ticket and hotel reservation. You can get the reserved flight ticket from www.turkishairline.com and the hotel from booking.com. Make sure you select hotel without reservation fee and free cancellation. On the flight ticket, select the option of pay later. Also get your bank statement ready. Scan the 3 documents mentioned above and have them on your phone or laptop depending on which device you want to use to apply online.

Now go to their website and start your online pre-application for visa. Fill in all the details and when they ask you if you have insurance, say yes. For the validity of the insurance, calculate 2 weeks from your visit date and write it there(this is because the visa application center will sell a 2 week compulsory insurance to you). Upload all the scanned documents there including your scanned passport photograph. After you submit your pre application, select an appointment date. When the day comes, go with all the documents I earlier listed and make sure you have enough photocopies. Go with exact amount of dollar and make sure the dollar has no tear or stamp and is not older than 10 years. If you will request for courier to return your passport, also go with naira. They don’t do POS transactions and they don’t give change (weird, I know. All na thief).

If you will be granted the visa, the embassy will send a mail after 2 business days to tell you to pay for your ticket. Once you pay, you will get your visa. Note that the visa submission center is called mzvisa and it’s not in the embassy itself so google the address(I have forgotten it). Goodluck

hakeembee:

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by skimpy(f): 7:50am On Mar 16, 2020
Yes a friend got her visa from UK but her passport wasn’t a virgin passport and she had had several Uk visas in the past. I don’t think it’s a wise decision going through Uk cos it’s your first time leaving naija. I think the visa might be hard to get but if you feel you can easily get it, by all means, go for it.
For cost going through turkey, check some pages behind. I have written what my cost was but please bear in mind that my cost was for 2 people. So visa fees were times 2, flight was the expensive choice, etc.
jessetom:
Good day everyone.

- Mudi

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Sam8850: 12:02pm On Mar 16, 2020
Thanks for the answer. I'll be going for my appointment in next week. I want to make sure I check every boxes and have supporting documents to every claims.

Did you have to pay for any tour package in Turkey?

skimpy:
No I didn’t mention my visit to Estonian embassy. I simply said I was going for tourism and I checked google for places to visit in Ankara then added it to my itinerary

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by jessetom(m): 2:20pm On Mar 16, 2020
skimpy:
Yes a friend got her visa from UK but her passport wasn’t a virgin passport and she had had several Uk visas in the past. I don’t think it’s a wise decision going through Uk cos it’s your first time leaving naija. I think the visa might be hard to get but if you feel you can easily get it, by all means, go for it.
For cost going through turkey, check some pages behind. I have written what my cost was but please bear in mind that my cost was for 2 people. So visa fees were times 2, flight was the expensive choice, etc.

Wow. That is great. I talked to my person in the UK and it seems like a bad idea for me to explore UK. Now I'm concerned about the Turkey route. I saw your post earlier about it and your cost.

I will love to ask you some specific questions about it if you don't mind. I have sent you a message to your email. Please let's connect.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by chosenwan1(m): 10:28am On Mar 17, 2020
Just wanted to know if you have done your interview. What were the questions asked?
flexyg87:
He everyone,
I just finished my application to taltech to study communicative electronics masters degree. I'm awaiting interview. Please what are the areas covered during the online interview? What are the possible questions expected? Kindly assist a brother.
Thank you
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by jessetom(m): 6:07pm On Mar 17, 2020
Hello.
Please I am trying to connect with guys that will be resuming study this September at Estonian universities. Please indicate. And what are you plans for obtaining your Estonian Visa?
Some are saying Egypt, Russia, Turkey, Israel, India, etc
Please which one should we do? Which one are you doing and how. I am clueless atm.

Also I'm hearing someone saying VFS Global can help us get there in Nigeria through the Belgian embassy. How true is this? Have anyone tried it?

Thanks in advance

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (399) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.